Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Anodyne, humdrum, boring thread - nothing to see here! Options · View
jodokus
Posted: Wednesday, January 16, 2013 12:58:12 PM
 Generaloberst

One Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal

this game was not victory for anything but cowardness... when me and golly decided to go into premature to the death naturall consequence of it in any other game would have been just what it was in NSRAN ending... end of tripolarity into bipolarity. In every other game, germany and america would have started to compete against each others, so the eager need to end the campaing at the same time it ended for africa was not to do anything else but offering the cheapest, easiest and convidient passport for "megacampaing" victory one can ever get. It tells quite lot about the players of the final roster that it didn't raise any objections whatsoever...

And not at all suprising,Big Grin
Thats why me and Golly didn't have any objections to the end, and voted for it (it was going to be end for us regardless what others would have decided), becouse it kinda brougth the morale victory for us ...We were rigth about the rantings of mega-perma-alliances. and the all those points of them ruining games came so cruely testified to everyone.

I do seriously hope the next game doesen't end in similar mockery.

oddman
Posted: Wednesday, January 16, 2013 1:17:40 PM
 Admiral

jodokus wrote:
this game was not victory for anything but cowardness... when me and golly decided to go into premature to the death naturall consequence of it in any other game would have been just what it was in NSRAN ending... end of tripolarity into bipolarity. In every other game, germany and america would have started to compete against each others, so the eager need to end the campaing at the same time it ended for africa was not to do anything else but offering the cheapest, easiest and convidient passport for "megacampaing" victory one can ever get. It tells quite lot about the players of the final roster that it didn't raise any objections whatsoever...

And not at all suprising,Big Grin
Thats why me and Golly didn't have any objections to the end, and voted for it (it was going to be end for us regardless what others would have decided), becouse it kinda brougth the morale victory for us ...We were rigth about the rantings of mega-perma-alliances. and the all those points of them ruining games came so cruely testified to everyone.

I do seriously hope the next game doesen't end in similar mockery.

Looks like we all win - I don't think it's a mockery. Eventually, we would have triumphed, but it would be long, boring and not fun to get there. I'm glad we ended the way we did.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts."
-Bertrand Russell
jodokus
Posted: Wednesday, January 16, 2013 1:32:12 PM
 Generaloberst

all cannot win...all can only loose. Victory is for one and one only.

oddman
Posted: Wednesday, January 16, 2013 1:39:18 PM
 Admiral

jodokus wrote:
all cannot win...all can only loose. Victory is for one and one only.

Opinions are divided.
In this case, all those who are not game-ending surrender-monkeys do not see it that way :*

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts."
-Bertrand Russell
jodokus
Posted: Wednesday, January 16, 2013 1:41:03 PM
 Generaloberst

but think of it yourself... would you value a victory solely by youself from all other that remained more than a victory of four players (five if count blaynes last minute betrayal) from two players?
And how cannot it not be fun? AoD is war game, and the ultimate war between superpowers like germany and catalunia would be the ultimate fun that the entire game can ever provide...

oddman
Posted: Wednesday, January 16, 2013 5:33:46 PM
 Admiral

jodokus wrote:
but think of it yourself... would you value a victory solely by youself from all other that remained more than a victory of four players (five if count blaynes last minute betrayal) from two players?
And how cannot it not be fun? AoD is war game, and the ultimate war between superpowers like germany and catalunia would be the ultimate fun that the entire game can ever provide...

Everyone agreed to allot shared 1st place to Fivoin and myself. In a ski race, You don't need to smash all the other skiers off the piste to win. Some find that fun; I don't.

Seriously, two 800 IC nations against each other is not my idea of fun. Way too many units. Besides, I like Fiv. I don't want to kill him.

-Bertrand Russell
jodokus
Posted: Wednesday, January 16, 2013 5:36:47 PM
 Generaloberst

Its not some bloody skiing, its war!
and beside, the more you like him, the more fun in actuall figthing him...I can assure, figthing against someone you hold grudge is never fun. Wink