Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Rules Amendments Options · View
cueball
Posted: Friday, February 08, 2008 2:37:44 AM
 Tribunus laticlavius

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalInspiring Poster '08 AwardAuthor of 10000th Post

Next game:

IMPROVEMENTS AND DOCTRINES

0.1: Coastal/land forts level max is 5
0.2: It's forbidden to abandon doctrine
0.3: Installation such as Airbases, Naval bases, Radar and AA, must be built on the province where they are to be deployed, through the province menu, not built freely in the production queue.

For a straighforward copy over zip version go here: Goerings Delay -- NZQS -- 1.3b.rar

The Mod can also be set up with the Jones Generic Mod Enabler and has worked fine in that mode in my tests. This version has everything in it, 1.3beta, JSGME and the East is Red patch, and can be installed straight to your Armageddon 1.2 (ZBLV) folder without disrupting vanilla at all. It has the 1.3beta exe update and JGSME Mod system right in it. Just unzip to your main doomsday folder, copy the contents of the folder, then past into the main folder, then enable the mod using the JSGME system. Once you execute the JSGME it is pretty self-explanatory: EIR NZQS --ARMA 1.3beta complete 1.3b

Small patch from XTPS or NZQS 1.2 to NZQS 1.3b: Goering EIR -- Patch 1.3b

It would be a dangerous folly for the British people to underrate the enduring position in world history which Mussolini will hold; or the amazing qualities of courage, comprehension, self-control and perseverance which he exemplifies.

Sir Winston -- 1937
Geofactor
Posted: Friday, February 08, 2008 3:07:25 AM
 Lieutenant Colonel

One Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal

ya sure we shouldnt be able to at least put down the first base???.....henderson field was up and running ina day wasnt it?.....then after the first one you would have to build the next 9 if ya want through the province menu like you suggested.......just my 2 Cents

""The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first.".....Thomas Jefferson"
anonymous....we are legion...we dont forgive....we dont forget....expect us...
adam
Posted: Friday, February 08, 2008 3:24:53 AM
 Hauptmann

One Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal

Quote:
ya sure we shouldnt be able to at least put down the first base???.....henderson field was up and running ina day wasnt it?.....then after the first one you would have to build the next 9 if ya want through the province menu like you suggested.......just my 2 Cents

same 2 Cents

love!
cueball
Posted: Friday, February 08, 2008 7:40:13 AM
 Tribunus laticlavius

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalInspiring Poster '08 AwardAuthor of 10000th Post

But there is no point to that, simply because people leapfrog their air units from the "at start" air bases which are plentiful around the board, where their aircraft "org-up", then load up their orged air units to the new air base, which is at .10% functionality of an airbase of a total of 1, and then let fly with almost no lost org because they only rebased 5 provinces. So basicly its got to be one way or the the other, because the size of the base is irrelevant. One base is all you need.

This would do a few things:

1) Make leapfrog advance of air units to the front line, less feasible, and allow for defending players a couple of months to reorganize their air and make a proper defence, or make it possible to defend against fewer long range aircraft.

2) Make the differences between Tacs and CAS, and Fighters and Interceptors more distinct, thus giving a player more distinct choice. Player might even be forced to have their Fighters and Tacs flying long ditance missions without their added mass of CAS and interceptors. This would make people less able to use wanton mass air stacks. Right now there is little difference, and the main purpose of fightters is for nations with long distance ops over sea zones.

3) Make the existing bases realistic objectives for players, as they were during the war. Capturing an enemy airbase was always a high priority because it disorganized the enemy airforce, and because it gave your own an advantage. This way airbases will be objectives.

Overall, I think it would make for more dynamic and thoughtful play with air, both in the decision to build, and in how it is used, as well as adding an interesting dimension to ground combat.

For a straighforward copy over zip version go here: Goerings Delay -- NZQS -- 1.3b.rar

The Mod can also be set up with the Jones Generic Mod Enabler and has worked fine in that mode in my tests. This version has everything in it, 1.3beta, JSGME and the East is Red patch, and can be installed straight to your Armageddon 1.2 (ZBLV) folder without disrupting vanilla at all. It has the 1.3beta exe update and JGSME Mod system right in it. Just unzip to your main doomsday folder, copy the contents of the folder, then past into the main folder, then enable the mod using the JSGME system. Once you execute the JSGME it is pretty self-explanatory: EIR NZQS --ARMA 1.3beta complete 1.3b

It would be a dangerous folly for the British people to underrate the enduring position in world history which Mussolini will hold; or the amazing qualities of courage, comprehension, self-control and perseverance which he exemplifies.

Sir Winston -- 1937
sonofliberty
Posted: Friday, February 08, 2008 1:35:02 PM
Free Man

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalBiggest Spammer '08 Award

I think restrictions on airbases is interesting, but I do have some problems with the idea. One major example. The battle of midway. There is no airfield on midway. Guadalcanal, same issue. The usa based many aircraft in the aluetians, attu etc... have no air bases. My point being, pdox left out alot of bases and gave us the ability to build new ones. It is getting exploited, no doubt about that. However I don't think we have the ability to model the real types of restrictions that airfields would have. For example 24 air divisions with support facilities and personnel would not physically fit on anami or iwo jima or most of the other islands in the pacific.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. -- That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, -- That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness."

There is a new game on the way Project Blitzkrieg
cueball
Posted: Friday, February 08, 2008 2:22:54 PM
 Tribunus laticlavius

I don't see why USA can't simply make airbase at midway if it wants one. If I were USA I would not want one but that is just because of the peculiarity of the sea zones there, and the potential for Japan to capture it and then possibly achieve air superiority over pearl.

Sir Winston -- 1937
sonofliberty
Posted: Friday, February 08, 2008 5:42:01 PM
Free Man

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalBiggest Spammer '08 Award

cueball wrote:
I don't see why USA can't simply make airbase at midway if it wants one. If I were USA I would not want one but that is just because of the peculiarity of the sea zones there, and the potential for Japan to capture it and then possibly achieve air superiority over pearl.
That was just an example of the game conflicting with reality. Airbase or not, why would the japs bother taking midway in game? It has little strategic value(unlike real life where it was pretty important). Wake and pearl are both much more valuable to japan. One caveat,if usa puts a naval base there, then japan almost has to take it.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. -- That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, -- That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness."

There is a new game on the way Project Blitzkrieg
cueball
Posted: Friday, February 08, 2008 6:47:08 PM
 Tribunus laticlavius

Ahh now I see what you are saying.

But here is something interesting. Ai USA actually does build naval bases at Samoa, and airfields on Johnston Island and Midway.

Sir Winston -- 1937