Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Session speculation Options · View
Ederon
Posted: Monday, April 02, 2007 11:43:00 AM
 Field Major

Are we playing tonight? 18 or 19 CET?

EDIT: I've taken a look at 1865 save. Italy has 100% poor taxes Shock, Monopoly structure Thumbs Up and social reform limiting work hours to 14/day Mad Is there newer save somewhere around?
Mr.G
Posted: Monday, April 02, 2007 1:07:47 PM
 Major

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalAuthor of 8000th post

18:00 I believe I have no clue EST time that will be but I believe 12 EST. Last game people were late, this game who knows but we are aiming for 18:00.

As for Italy well, don't expect anything good their, of course Prussia is willing to aid growing nations.
Ederon
Posted: Monday, April 02, 2007 1:15:48 PM
 Field Major

Mr.G wrote:
18:00 I believe I have no clue EST time that will be but I believe 12 EST. Last game people were late, this game who knows but we are aiming for 18:00.

Yup, 18 CET is 12 EST.
Quote:
As for Italy well, don't expect anything good their, of course Prussia is willing to aid growing nations.

At least Moderati were ruling party and capital is in Rome. Just that ugly Austria occupies Italian cores Devil Anyway, help will be needed to make Italy competitive country.
Hytzon
Posted: Monday, April 02, 2007 3:53:33 PM
 Brigadier General

One Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal

I will be in lobby at 18:00. Good to have you onboard Ederon Smile

You can't say civilization don't advance - for in every war, they kill you in a new way.
Anders
Posted: Monday, April 02, 2007 4:42:03 PM
 Generalfeldmarschall

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal2012 Good Cause Support MedalBanned in ActionAuthor of 7000th post

I'm certain Austria can come to an agreement with their old friends Italy against their common enemy the UK.
Italy has always been allied to Austria and at wqar with UK.

"Hvor fattige var de ikke, disse fiskere som levde av havets nåde! De slet sig gjennom livet uten å se sig om til høire eller til venstre. Deres gleder var få, deres bekymringer mange. Men de hadde allikevel et gemyttlig smil til den fremmede, en munter vise og en lun historie. For sånn er de, disse Sørlandets barn."

King of Men wrote:
Anders is correct.

Fivoin wrote:
Yeah, Anders is right.

baronbowden wrote:
I would tend to agree with Anders.

Support Ederon.net via your Amazon purchases!

I joined Ederon.net before it became mainstream
Ederon
Posted: Monday, April 02, 2007 4:46:30 PM
 Field Major

Anders wrote:
Italy has always been allied to Austria and at wqar with UK.

Now I understand why Italian economy is so poor Tongue Big Grin
Hytzon
Posted: Monday, April 02, 2007 5:18:41 PM
 Brigadier General

Where are you M&M ? ? Oh No

You can't say civilization don't advance - for in every war, they kill you in a new way.
Mr.G
Posted: Tuesday, April 03, 2007 12:11:34 AM
 Major

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalAuthor of 8000th post

A fun session.

The creation of Germany was smooth, either way I planned to land a quarter of a million men in Amiens, luckily this didn't drag France or me into a protracted war.

All the new money from the German minors I never really saw. First I got an event to explore the Nile costing 50,000 then soon after Bismark wanted 50K more for reforms, also there was about another 60K in diplomatic moves, compensation for looting Paris, 40K of financial aid to Austria and then the purchase of a piece of Belgium from Japan. Then there was another 40K spent because of a change back to universal suffrage and other manual reforms.

So it was quite an expensive session but a one that turned Germany into a superpower.

In international stage, there seems to be quite a nice little competition with the smaller powers of Italy, Spain and Austria which is fun to watch. While Japan surprisingly still hasn't tried to take out China.

Next session should be good. I'm not sure if you guys are calling the game off as Schuer and I won't be there.

Ederon
Posted: Tuesday, April 03, 2007 12:38:56 AM
 Field Major

It was fun indeed. I tried to consolidate Italy and revive her economy. But I missed out colonization and there is no room to grow for me now. Only North Italy held by paranoid Anders ^_^

I'll soon drop below Spain and probably Austria too if I remain isolationist, so expect some fireworks next session. Tongue I may finally employ my artilery factories, which were closed so far since they produced negative income.

Some question: are steamers already dead? When I fill my steamers factory to 100%, it drops from profit to loss.

Also, when I split pops before rehost, they don't seem to appear after the rehost. It's usually true for craftsmen/clerks. Am I doing something wrong?
Anders
Posted: Tuesday, April 03, 2007 12:47:12 AM
 Generalfeldmarschall

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal2012 Good Cause Support MedalBanned in ActionAuthor of 7000th post

A fine session indeed.
I managed, with the help of Germany/Prussia, to rid myself of the massive debt, and to secure myself several colonies in East Africa and Hawaii.
My Industry was undermanned since the Great War, so i had to promote Clerks all over again, which cut deeply into my budget.
Austria's defense was expanded with the Albrecht-Line, named after the main commander of the Austro-Italo border defenses.
No Italian will rule a German!

"Hvor fattige var de ikke, disse fiskere som levde av havets nåde! De slet sig gjennom livet uten å se sig om til høire eller til venstre. Deres gleder var få, deres bekymringer mange. Men de hadde allikevel et gemyttlig smil til den fremmede, en munter vise og en lun historie. For sånn er de, disse Sørlandets barn."

King of Men wrote:
Anders is correct.

Fivoin wrote:
Yeah, Anders is right.

baronbowden wrote:

Mr.G
Posted: Tuesday, April 03, 2007 12:54:45 AM
 Major

There are plenty of lands to conquer, you better hurry up though. :-d

Steamers are being produced in mass it seems and most people have a sufficient amount, I believe Japan has 3 produced daily. Although I do not know how you are not making some sort of profit.

North Italy might be tinder to start a major war, which would be great, I would naturally back my Austrian brethren and Mr.S would back you, where the loyalties of Scandinavia and Spain lay, not sure but it will be interesting.

To me a war would be good winning or loosing. First of it is fun and secondly if I loose it won't be as damaging as some may think.
Anders
Posted: Tuesday, April 03, 2007 4:38:46 AM
 Generalfeldmarschall

I agree; Northern Italy would be a splendid place to wage war. Provided, of course, it's on the Italian side of the border.
I guess I could capture the Italian provinces in a blitzkrieg before France gets troops on the ground there, but the Dalmatian coast is too vulnerable to amphibious landings, and the Royal Navy still outclass me, I guess, about 500 to... zero. So I suppose I'll have to get a proper navy before doing something that could provoke John Bull into starting WWII.
But; it would really be unfair to Ederon to attack him at once, since his total army rating is about 19, and mine is about 80, so I'll give him a little time to build up his army a little Big Grin

King of Men wrote:
Anders is correct.

Fivoin wrote:
Yeah, Anders is right.

baronbowden wrote:

Ederon
Posted: Tuesday, April 03, 2007 11:26:32 AM
 Field Major

Anders wrote:
But; it would really be unfair to Ederon to attack him at once, since his total army rating is about 19, and mine is about 80, so I'll give him a little time to build up his army a little Big Grin

Army rating is vague number which does not tell much about quality of armed forces country has. Nevertheless...

If anyone intends to wage war with Italy, it's best time now. I was completely focusing on economy and neglected army. It is probably last opportunity for Anders to have chance against me 1 on 1, any later it'll be only against him. Sergeant

EDIT: Anyway Anders, would you mind selling NI provicens? Let's say £40-50k per province?
Gen.Schuermann
Posted: Tuesday, April 03, 2007 4:42:45 PM
 Generalfeldmarschall

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalAuthor of 9000th Post

A fun session indeed. I should have been more belligerent, though. I thought my engagement in the Dutch Indies and Siam was pretty borderline already, especially since there are all the major powers around already. We got Spain, Germany, Britain and France around, and now also Austria on Hawaii. Lol Austrians on Hawaii... the plain thought is ridiculous. Man i really hate to be on vacation next week. Next session will be uber fun.

In Soviet Russia, Schuermann defeats YOU!
M&M
Posted: Wednesday, April 04, 2007 12:39:35 AM
 General

Yeah, this session was great. I was totally expecting japan to snatch 4th place from me, but apparently it gave me enough time to rebuild the nation and produce a large enough military that thwarted russia's plans for war and cemented my global rank. Unfortunatly I've lost my prestige lead when germany was created, and now the UK has also surpased me. But everything seems set for the future, I've had to change the ruling party since the start of the game to get myself some useful industries since my capitalists seem to have gone bankrupt. I've begun producing steamers too but mostly for domestic use. My industrial score is just behind the US's and my total score is coming ever closer towards the french.

Unfortunatly towards the end of the session I was half afk-ish and missed abit of industrial expansion as well as a few rebellions.