Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

HoI4 - How about a nice game of Global Thermonuclear War? Options · View
Marine
Posted: Friday, August 19, 2016 6:12:07 PM
 Lieutenant Colonel

One Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal

Yeah i also saw that about ETA on the patch.

If we start before ,do we stop then and start over with the new patch arrives or continue, because saves dont like new patches I heard?

So if we start sooner are we talking 24 august or 31 august as we talked about wednesdays?

I will contact some friends and persons to see if they can join a earlier game.

It will be nice to get a start to just get the feeling and test it out so to speak.

baronbowden
Posted: Friday, August 19, 2016 6:56:35 PM
 General of the Army

Anders wrote:
You have either been playing with noob USAs, or have no idea of how powerful the US Navy is even at gamestart. It's pretty much stronger than any other navy, and any half-skilled player should be able to pump out a least one and a half carrier per year, along with screens and convoys.
The standard US build is to build naval yards until the malus for everything else drops. In a normal game, without a hyper-aggressive Axis, that's until about mid-1937 or later. That's a lot of naval yards.

Dont listen to anything Anders brings up! He doesn't even think rubber is important - and in MP is afraid to invade Netherlands/England in Asia (as Japan) when its known they have no units there garrisoning...

You definitely should ban Port Strike until the fix that via patches.
I would suggest Italy has to control Suez for Japan to send the fleet.

Famous Quotes

KhanXLT: day to day, lucky things happen to me
KhanXLT: you know, little things
Newman: lol that husky girl behind the counter at the grocery store gave you her number didnt she!!!!

El_Zilcho321: Euro balance = ban BB
Alex_brunius
Posted: Saturday, August 20, 2016 1:47:03 PM
 Hauptmann

baronbowden wrote:

You definitely should ban Port Strike until the fix that via patches.
I would suggest Italy has to control Suez for Japan to send the fleet.

Suez sounds reasonable.

I don't think Portstrikes need to be banned fully, but we could limit them to for example max 200-300 planes, or what you can fit on 4 CVs or something reasonable.

Marine wrote:
Yeah i also saw that about ETA on the patch.

If we start before ,do we stop then and start over with the new patch arrives or continue, because saves dont like new patches I heard?

So if we start sooner are we talking 24 august or 31 august as we talked about wednesdays?

I will contact some friends and persons to see if they can join a earlier game.

It will be nice to get a start to just get the feeling and test it out so to speak.

How about August 31st as first date?

My thoughts exactly that it would be nice to start up the game, talk abit and get a feeling for it. Nothing serious. HoI4 plays quite a bit faster then HoI3 too (generally speaking), so there won't be any half year sessions we need to plan around I think.
Marine
Posted: Saturday, August 20, 2016 2:22:45 PM
 Lieutenant Colonel

Quote:
How about August 31st as first date?

My thoughts exactly that it would be nice to start up the game, talk a bit and get a feeling for it. Nothing serious. HoI4 plays quite a bit faster then HoI3 too (generally speaking), so there won't be any half year sessions we need to plan around I think.

31 august sounds fine, yes the game runs faster and there is less micro needed in the beginning.

Limits on planes on port strikes sound reasonable.

I have been reading on the forums Alex and is there some mods or changes you want us to use?
Was thinking about convoys and some other things.
I saw that Devildread was back now with his new mod called Common units of World War 2.

I have talked with some persons and I think we can be 5 players now, but I have not gotten answers from all yet.

I will inform people that we start 31 August around 19.30/20.00.
We will start with Skype I think and then hopefully we can be on Teamspeak or Mumble after that.

So until then we train some and read rules and forums Smile
Marine
Posted: Saturday, August 20, 2016 6:11:17 PM
 Lieutenant Colonel

New thread with HOI4 MP House Rules are up now.

Take a read and say what you think works and what doesn't.
Anders
Posted: Saturday, August 20, 2016 10:32:26 PM
 Generalfeldmarschall

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal2012 Good Cause Support MedalBanned in ActionAuthor of 7000th post

Dibs on 1) USA or 2) the USSR.

"Hvor fattige var de ikke, disse fiskere som levde av havets nåde! De slet sig gjennom livet uten å se sig om til høire eller til venstre. Deres gleder var få, deres bekymringer mange. Men de hadde allikevel et gemyttlig smil til den fremmede, en munter vise og en lun historie. For sånn er de, disse Sørlandets barn."

King of Men wrote:
Anders is correct.

Fivoin wrote:
Yeah, Anders is right.

baronbowden wrote:
I would tend to agree with Anders.

Support Ederon.net via your Amazon purchases!

I joined Ederon.net before it became mainstream
Marine
Posted: Monday, August 22, 2016 5:14:13 PM
 Lieutenant Colonel

I will soon put up a thread for the first Campaign with info on who is in the first session and what they would like to play.

I will follow up this first page with more info about things concerning the Campaign as time goes up till start.

So I will ask people around what 2 or 3 countries they would like to play.
Write your favorite candidates here on the forum ,so that I can put them up on the first page of the new thread.
The country that you want most you put first and so on.

One question though are we going to be allowed to play China or France ???
Anders
Posted: Monday, August 22, 2016 6:36:31 PM
 Generalfeldmarschall

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal2012 Good Cause Support MedalBanned in ActionAuthor of 7000th post

Marine wrote:

One question though are we going to be allowed to play China or France ???

AI France and China both get rolled too easy. At least France should be a player.

"Hvor fattige var de ikke, disse fiskere som levde av havets nåde! De slet sig gjennom livet uten å se sig om til høire eller til venstre. Deres gleder var få, deres bekymringer mange. Men de hadde allikevel et gemyttlig smil til den fremmede, en munter vise og en lun historie. For sånn er de, disse Sørlandets barn."

King of Men wrote:
Anders is correct.

Fivoin wrote:
Yeah, Anders is right.

baronbowden wrote:

Marine
Posted: Monday, August 22, 2016 6:50:30 PM
 Lieutenant Colonel

Quote:
AI France and China both get rolled too easy. At least France should be a player.

I agree on France and China getting steamrolled ,but it depends on how many people we can be ,that can play.
So first he have to fill in the other Majors.

France is an important country in the beggining of the war and can contribute wirh significant forces.
With help China can get strong also and start to hold Japan back as IRL.
Maybe we should let China fall ,but have Germany fight for France Smile
Anders
Posted: Monday, August 22, 2016 7:29:00 PM
 Generalfeldmarschall

Unless China gets a hell of a lot of volunteers, Japan will conquer them in a year or so. Even with max Soviet volunteers to both China and PRC, Japan wins in 1-2 years. If Japan knows what he's doing, of course.

King of Men wrote:
Anders is correct.

Fivoin wrote:
Yeah, Anders is right.

baronbowden wrote:

Marine
Posted: Monday, August 22, 2016 7:36:29 PM
 Lieutenant Colonel

I think we first get a player for France and then China.
You are right with a skilled player as Japan it will be done even if China get´s a little help.
Redcoat
Posted: Tuesday, August 23, 2016 9:00:06 PM
 Tesserarius

One Year Membership Medal

A bit late but I am sure up for a Good game. :-)

Marche pour les Suédois (Narvamarschen)
Marine
Posted: Tuesday, August 23, 2016 9:42:17 PM
 Lieutenant Colonel

Redcoat wrote:
A bit late but I am sure up for a Good game. :-)

It´s good to have you back in the saddle ,now ride for King and Country you bastard Big Grin

This will be funSmile
Marine
Posted: Thursday, August 25, 2016 12:09:41 PM
 Lieutenant Colonel

Hi everyone,
I have just updated the campaign thread with more information 😀
Marine
Posted: Thursday, August 25, 2016 9:39:28 PM
 Lieutenant Colonel

Here is some mods that I use that don´t changes the Checksum(5d33).

They give immersion and a WW2 feeling and some that helps see things clearer too.Smile

Coloured Buttons

Från <http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198061817325/myworkshopfiles/?appid=394360&browsefilter=mysubscriptions>

Historical Coloured Portraits

Från <http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198061817325/myworkshopfiles/?appid=394360&browsefilter=mysubscriptions>

Flavor Names extended

Cpack Ship Profiles

Icons for plane

better terrain view

Från <http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198061817325/myworkshopfiles/?appid=394360&browsefilter=mysubscriptions&p=2>

Adiya's Historical Flag Pack

Från <http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198061817325/myworkshopfiles/?appid=394360&browsefilter=mysubscriptions&p=2>

Marine
Posted: Monday, September 12, 2016 6:42:23 PM
 Lieutenant Colonel

Marine
Posted: Saturday, September 17, 2016 10:12:11 PM
 Lieutenant Colonel

If you have problems with your mods after patch 1.2 ,then read below for help:

If any of you use HoI IV mods on Steam you may notice that most of them haven't been updated for the v1.2 "Sunflower" patch, and so they have a red cross by them in the launcher and are shown as outdated.

Indeed, except that many of them have been updated, but due to a slight issue with the new patch, the game doesn't seem to be getting the message. I had this issue after updating Vanilla+ and receiving a number of queries as to why it was not showing as having been updated. I've since seen this problem mentioned elsewhere, and it would seem a majority of people likely aren't aware of it.

There is a thread on it in the bug forum, but it's probably safe to assume most players will never go there.

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/recently-updated-mods-don-t-update.969368/

The devs said they will look at this on Monday, but for the time being you should try deleting your 'mod' folder at:

C:\Users\...\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Hearts of Iron IV\mod

If this doesn't resolve the issue, manually unsubscribe from your mods and then re-subscribe.

Hope that helps. For most people, this will be a problem they don't even know they have.