Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

3rd HOI4 MP Campaign Options · View
Marine
Posted: Wednesday, December 14, 2016 5:05:20 PM
 Lieutenant Colonel

One Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal

Quote:
There is of course the option (since save is available for DL in a post above) for someone else to host and play UK (since we have two players for the US) this coming Wednesday.

Well if one of the US players are willing to split up and one of them ready to play UK ,then we can have a game today(Wednesday).

Quote:
I can play any day, unless it's a day I can't play.

LOL

I can play today Smile

Chimaera72
Posted: Wednesday, December 14, 2016 5:24:24 PM
 2nd Lieutenant

I can play today and host the game if we want to play today,I don't have a TS Server though, but maybe the regular TS server is always up and running?
Marine
Posted: Wednesday, December 14, 2016 5:35:21 PM
 Lieutenant Colonel

Chimaera72 wrote:
I can play today and host the game if we want to play today,I don't have a TS Server though, but maybe the regular TS server is always up and running?

Good that you can host.
TS server is always up as far as I know.
So we have to wait for a answer from US.
bpoitier
Posted: Wednesday, December 14, 2016 5:51:23 PM
 Sergeant

and yes I can play today
Chimaera72
Posted: Wednesday, December 14, 2016 6:21:04 PM
 2nd Lieutenant

I cant get the 'savegame' link to work though....
Marine
Posted: Wednesday, December 14, 2016 6:55:14 PM
 Lieutenant Colonel

I emailed the last save to Chimaera72 Smile
Praetori
Posted: Wednesday, December 14, 2016 7:19:06 PM
 Captain

Good show. Sabaton Cruise says cheers, and don't break the Empire. Wink
Alex_brunius
Posted: Thursday, December 15, 2016 9:41:37 AM
 Hauptmann

Praetori wrote:
Good show. Sabaton Cruise says cheers, and don't break the Empire. Wink

A quick update from the Allies perspective. We did end up playing almost a full session yesterday, and Louise was playing UK.

The Good:
- Soviet lines hold and have advanced through Turkey and Palestine and now stands at the Bosporus and a few provinces from Suez. In the process we have encircled and captured large numbers of Axis divisions. The fighting in the mountains and air have been pretty brutal with thousands of planes lost on both sides, but so far no Soviet divisions were lost, although they have been fighting in very bad supply and horrible terrain which have taken it's toll on equipment.
- USA have reported being able to sink some Japanese Carriers in the Pacific and is ramping up production

The Bad:
- Japan has advanced and taken all of India as well as landed in Northern Australia, pushing US land forces back in the process
- Spain (probably with German support) have pushed/encircled US divisions out of North Africa/Gibraltar strait area
- After the above Spanish and German forces were able to assist the Italians in encircling the British divisions in Eastern Africa, which was further made possible by a sneaky German move of taking the ports from behind.

All of us fighting on the allied side failed in working as a team in Africa. The Axis were able to mass their force and take out the isolated landings one at a time, and my Soviet push south from Turkey was not fast enough to link up with the British forces that were successfully advancing towards Suez for the first 2 hours of the session.
Marine
Posted: Saturday, December 17, 2016 2:06:48 PM
 Lieutenant Colonel

Hi everyone Smile

Are we playing now on wednesday 21 or?

if not I can play on tuesday or thursday as backup days this week.
Anders
Posted: Saturday, December 17, 2016 6:44:28 PM
 Generalfeldmarschall

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal2012 Good Cause Support MedalBanned in ActionAuthor of 7000th post

If there's a new game starting, I'd like to join you Wednesday. 😀

"Hvor fattige var de ikke, disse fiskere som levde av havets nåde! De slet sig gjennom livet uten å se sig om til høire eller til venstre. Deres gleder var få, deres bekymringer mange. Men de hadde allikevel et gemyttlig smil til den fremmede, en munter vise og en lun historie. For sånn er de, disse Sørlandets barn."

King of Men wrote:
Anders is correct.

Fivoin wrote:
Yeah, Anders is right.

baronbowden wrote:
I would tend to agree with Anders.

Support Ederon.net via your Amazon purchases!

I joined Ederon.net before it became mainstream
Praetori
Posted: Saturday, December 17, 2016 7:29:29 PM
 Captain

Marine wrote:
Hi everyone Smile

Are we playing now on wednesday 21 or?

if not I can play on tuesday or thursday as backup days this week.

I'm game.
Marine
Posted: Saturday, December 17, 2016 8:32:16 PM
 Lieutenant Colonel

Anders wrote:
If there's a new game starting, I'd like to join you Wednesday. 😀

No we will not restart yet , because we have not finished the ongoing session yet, the war is still onSmile
Chimaera72
Posted: Sunday, December 18, 2016 10:23:23 AM
 2nd Lieutenant

I am ready to game any day
Marine
Posted: Sunday, December 18, 2016 10:49:17 AM
 Lieutenant Colonel

Chimaera72 wrote:
I am ready to game any day

Big Grin
Marine
Posted: Wednesday, December 21, 2016 3:05:15 PM
 Lieutenant Colonel

Hi,
A reminder for all of you for this evenings session!
You have to change game version back to Version 1.2.1 Sunflower.
If not you are going to have big problems to play Big Grin
Chimaera72
Posted: Wednesday, December 21, 2016 4:06:32 PM
 2nd Lieutenant

I suppose that I do that in the Steam tab that says "Betaversioner" .... ?
Marine
Posted: Wednesday, December 21, 2016 4:53:12 PM
 Lieutenant Colonel

Chimaera72 wrote:
I suppose that I do that in the Steam tab that says "Betaversioner" .... ?

Exactly ☺️
Praetori
Posted: Wednesday, December 21, 2016 7:12:24 PM
 Captain

Marine wrote:
Exactly ☺️

3d5f is what I get for checksum.
Marine
Posted: Wednesday, December 21, 2016 7:41:44 PM
 Lieutenant Colonel

Praetori wrote:
3d5f is what I get for checksum.

That is the right checksum Smile
Optimerad
Posted: Friday, December 23, 2016 1:02:02 AM
 Stabsgefreiter

The 3rd MP Campaign has ended.

The combination of Allied bombardment and convoy raiding had for long held the German Reich in a death grip. After the second conquest of Africa campaign ended the German Reich took control over the Chromium mines in Zimbabwe and South Africa. Soon the newly developed Königstiger would dominate the Eastern front in scale. The Russians had other plans. Via a bold landing in northern Turkey they could finally break through behind the well defended mountain passes in Georgia and Armenia. The Italian and German made Mare nostrum was now threatened. A quick redeployment of divisions and air squadrons halted the initial assault east of Ankara, but the might of the Red Army could not be stopped.

After Turkey was "liberated" by the Russian troops, the last German harbor that connected the mediterranean and mainland Europe was lost. No longer could the German convoys transport the valuable chromium safely and due to Italian bureaucracy (you cant transport resources via allies), a lease on one of the bigger harbors was all but impossible.

The British bombers returned with greater force over france and Germany. Bombs fell daily, destroying and disrupting the German War machine, with great success as well. The well supplied German army now fighting in a new front in Scandinavia started to recieve fewer orders with words that the Stockpiles was empty in das Vaterland. No supply, no cover from Russian fighter patrols and the feared T-34 finally sent the brave German soliders over the brink and a widespread route throughout most of mainland Sweden began. Many divisions were trapped behind enemy lines. A report of 300 German Tiger tanks captured near Falun along with some hundred thousand men under Erwin Rommel's command sent Berlin into a frenzy. A week later Soviet flyers rained over the streets of Berlin declaring the Official Surrender of Generalfeldmarschall Rommel, who had been suspected killed in the heavy fighting. People took to the streets, demanding peace.

The public opinion needed to be swayed. The Kriegsmarine was sent out in full force in an attempt to disturb the blockade of the English Channel. Soon the British Navy responded. After the early skirmishes was concluded the battle of The Channel seemed bright for the Kriegsmarine. In the first hours after contact Stuka Bombers reported HMS Cumberland was being sunk. They joy of the first blood was not long. Some hours later a swarm of Spitfires swept over the skies, followed by American airgroups from nearby Aircraft Carriers. It did not take long for the Generaladmiral Hermann Boehm to get his battle fleet in an orderly retreat.

The battle of the channel was not the victory Hitler had hoped for. Boehm was charged with treason and the rioting began anew in the streets of Paris and Berlin.

After 2 weeks of heavy protests the Führer's dream was lost. His people turned against him in the most dire hour. Reports of upgraded Russian T34's in the thousands massing between Kiev and Minsk for the final Assault finally made the Führer capitulate.

"Wer mit Ungeheuern kämpft, mag zusehn, dass er nicht dabei zum Ungeheuer wird. Und wenn du lange in einen Abgrund blickst, blickt der Abgrund auch in dich hinein" - F.Nietzsche
Praetori
Posted: Friday, December 23, 2016 10:25:20 AM
 Captain

Optimerad wrote:

Many divisions were trapped behind enemy lines. A report of 300 German Tiger tanks captured near Falun along with some hundred thousand men under Erwin Rommel's command sent Berlin into a frenzy. A week later Soviet flyers rained over the streets of Berlin declaring the Official Surrender of Generalfeldmarschall Rommel, who had been suspected killed in the heavy fighting. People took to the streets, demanding peace.

Nice writeup. I actually pictured a hitler bunker-rant video as I read this. Big Grin
Marine
Posted: Friday, December 23, 2016 10:29:28 AM
 Lieutenant Colonel

Optimerad wrote:
The 3rd MP Campaign has ended.

The combination of Allied bombardment and convoy raiding had for long held the German Reich in a death grip. After the second conquest of Africa campaign ended the German Reich took control over the Chromium mines in Zimbabwe and South Africa. Soon the newly developed Königstiger would dominate the Eastern front in scale. The Russians had other plans. Via a bold landing in northern Turkey they could finally break through behind the well defended mountain passes in Georgia and Armenia. The Italian and German made Mare nostrum was now threatened. A quick redeployment of divisions and air squadrons halted the initial assault east of Ankara, but the might of the Red Army could not be stopped.

After Turkey was "liberated" by the Russian troops, the last German harbor that connected the mediterranean and mainland Europe was lost. No longer could the German convoys transport the valuable chromium safely and due to Italian bureaucracy (you cant transport resources via allies), a lease on one of the bigger harbors was all but impossible.

The British bombers returned with greater force over france and Germany. Bombs fell daily, destroying and disrupting the German War machine, with great success as well. The well supplied German army now fighting in a new front in Scandinavia started to recieve fewer orders with words that the Stockpiles was empty in das Vaterland. No supply, no cover from Russian fighter patrols and the feared T-34 finally sent the brave German soliders over the brink and a widespread route throughout most of mainland Sweden began. Many divisions were trapped behind enemy lines. A report of 300 German Tiger tanks captured near Falun along with some hundred thousand men under Erwin Rommel's command sent Berlin into a frenzy. A week later Soviet flyers rained over the streets of Berlin declaring the Official Surrender of Generalfeldmarschall Rommel, who had been suspected killed in the heavy fighting. People took to the streets, demanding peace.

The public opinion needed to be swayed. The Kriegsmarine was sent out in full force in an attempt to disturb the blockade of the English Channel. Soon the British Navy responded. After the early skirmishes was concluded the battle of The Channel seemed bright for the Kriegsmarine. In the first hours after contact Stuka Bombers reported HMS Cumberland was being sunk. They joy of the first blood was not long. Some hours later a swarm of Spitfires swept over the skies, followed by American airgroups from nearby Aircraft Carriers. It did not take long for the Generaladmiral Hermann Boehm to get his battle fleet in an orderly retreat.

The battle of the channel was not the victory Hitler had hoped for. Boehm was charged with treason and the rioting began anew in the streets of Paris and Berlin.

After 2 weeks of heavy protests the Führer's dream was lost. His people turned against him in the most dire hour. Reports of upgraded Russian T34's in the thousands massing between Kiev and Minsk for the final Assault finally made the Führer capitulate.

Very good summary Smile
Alex_brunius
Posted: Friday, December 23, 2016 3:05:37 PM
 Hauptmann

Optimerad wrote:

I actually didn't realize just how big of an effect this would have. The main reason for pushing down through Turkey and Syria was to ease the pressure of the Allies in Africa and deny the Oil and Chromium in the Middle East/Turkey from the Axis.

Optimerad wrote:
The well supplied German army now fighting in a new front in Scandinavia started to recieve fewer orders with words that the Stockpiles was empty in das Vaterland. No supply, no cover from Russian fighter patrols and the feared T-34 finally sent the brave German soliders over the brink and a widespread route throughout most of mainland Sweden began.

From the Soviet perspective the heavier fighting and equipment losses last session was through the Suez region and Asian-Japanese front. Strong Italian/Spanish divisions in mountains and forts around Suez as well as the dire supply situation there managed to create a steady trickle, and advancing through the mountains, deserts & bad supply of Iran and Afghanistan cost Soviet over a 1000 light tanks since opening of war with Japan alone.

Even if no Soviet divisions were encircled in these front the attrition rates were murderous with losing around 3 times as much equipment as could be produced of all types ( and 20 times as many light tanks lost as produced ).

Here are some screenshots of the Soviet situation on the various fronts:

http://imgur.com/ve8vX5a.jpg
( Middle East Japan front and the casualties )

http://imgur.com/sYcCo4c.jpg
( Note the British LL Sten guns put to good use )

http://imgur.com/SEEICvN.jpg
( 18 of the total 30 Medium armor divisions being amassed for imminent offensive into Ukraine, Romania, Poland and Germany proper near the Kiev area, as well as the medium tanks in the field )

http://imgur.com/0Y0mD3s
( Logistics situation and the front near Vladivostok, yes that's 378 per day in the red in Infantry EQ = -11.3k per month!!! )

File Attachment(s):
Soviet_MP_Forces.jpg (1,745kb) downloaded 17 time(s).
Soviet_MP_Forces_2.jpg (1,640kb) downloaded 17 time(s).
Soviet_MP_Forces_3.jpg (1,775kb) downloaded 16 time(s).
Soviet_MP_Forces_4.jpg (1,502kb) downloaded 16 time(s).

Optimerad
Posted: Wednesday, December 28, 2016 3:30:26 PM
 Stabsgefreiter

I realise now that the Russian War Machine could not be supplied indefinately.

At the rate of consumption you had you would run out of equipment fast:

Medium tanks: 68 days
Infantry Equipment 338 days
Towed Anti Tank: 304 days
Towed Artillery: 81 days

The question is. Would you be able to open a new eastern front at minsk and steamroll down to berlin? Would you be able to increase the stock while fighting off both Italians and Japanese?

Maybe the Führers call for surrender was pre emptive.

"Wer mit Ungeheuern kämpft, mag zusehn, dass er nicht dabei zum Ungeheuer wird. Und wenn du lange in einen Abgrund blickst, blickt der Abgrund auch in dich hinein" - F.Nietzsche
Anders
Posted: Wednesday, December 28, 2016 3:54:17 PM
 Generalfeldmarschall

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal2012 Good Cause Support MedalBanned in ActionAuthor of 7000th post

Unless the Japanese are in Kazakhstan, and the Italians in the Caucasus, they can be ignored.

"Hvor fattige var de ikke, disse fiskere som levde av havets nåde! De slet sig gjennom livet uten å se sig om til høire eller til venstre. Deres gleder var få, deres bekymringer mange. Men de hadde allikevel et gemyttlig smil til den fremmede, en munter vise og en lun historie. For sånn er de, disse Sørlandets barn."

King of Men wrote:
Anders is correct.

Fivoin wrote:
Yeah, Anders is right.

baronbowden wrote:
I would tend to agree with Anders.

Support Ederon.net via your Amazon purchases!

I joined Ederon.net before it became mainstream