Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

4th HOI4 MP Campaign Options · View
Anders
Posted: Saturday, January 07, 2017 6:24:26 PM
 Generalfeldmarschall

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal2012 Good Cause Support MedalBanned in ActionAuthor of 7000th post

Alex_brunius wrote:
You still did not answer how or why the industry part have anything to do with a specific type of template

I did. The part where the Axis have both more manpower and more industry, remember?

"Hvor fattige var de ikke, disse fiskere som levde av havets nåde! De slet sig gjennom livet uten å se sig om til høire eller til venstre. Deres gleder var få, deres bekymringer mange. Men de hadde allikevel et gemyttlig smil til den fremmede, en munter vise og en lun historie. For sånn er de, disse Sørlandets barn."

King of Men wrote:
Anders is correct.

Fivoin wrote:
Yeah, Anders is right.

baronbowden wrote:
I would tend to agree with Anders.

Support Ederon.net via your Amazon purchases!

I joined Ederon.net before it became mainstream
Beethoven
Posted: Sunday, January 08, 2017 8:15:25 AM
 Corporal

Anders wrote:
I did. The part where the Axis have both more manpower and more industry, remember?

Nah, it definitely hurts the Axis. Part of that is the reason Alex Brunius highlights, that the Allies have less manpower, and adding ART to divisions can be a way to save on manpower. So in that way it helps UK/France/Commonwealth early in the game.

But it also helps USA and the Soviets later in the game, because if you are limited in how much ART you can add to a certain amount per width (eg 1 per 10 width), then for units that you want to have high soft attack, then it makes sense to give them types of ART that have higher soft attack - such as SPART. However, this is more difficult for the Axis to do in terms of resources, since the Axis does not have nearly as much oil as the Allies, and SPART takes oil.
Beethoven
Posted: Sunday, January 08, 2017 8:22:15 AM
 Corporal

Jorgen_CAB wrote:
One might ask why divisions did not have more artillery than they did... most likely because they were so expensive both in production and keeping supplied. They also needed allot of maintenance and replacement parts.

I think it just is too easy to spam Artillery and other heavy equipment in comparison with history in some sense. But we should also acknowledge that neither Corps not Army assets are directly represented so adding at least one extra artillery regiment per divisions might represent this quite fairly but certainly not more than that if we are talking about historically plausible divisions. In SP I rather create smaller artillery brigades so I can really concentrate artillery where it is most needed and only give regular infantry one regiment and possibly a support battalion. I think this is a little too fiddly in MP though.

But having some rules to keep templates historically plausible should be as important as anything else historical I guess. Without making template design boring of course, which I doubt it would be with some house rules.

Unfortunately, I don't think it would fix spamming issues. You can just spam way more divisions than historical in general.

There are also generally more tank divisions than there were historically (as well as more INF). It is not hard for Germany to invade the Soviet Union at the time of historical barbarossa in game with 50 or so Panzer divisions, which is way higher than they had historically.

If ART is limited, then the effect will be that you just see an even higher ahistorical amount of tank divisions instead.
Jorgen_CAB
Posted: Sunday, January 08, 2017 11:07:54 AM
 Corporal

Beethoven wrote:
Unfortunately, I don't think it would fix spamming issues. You can just spam way more divisions than historical in general.

There are also generally more tank divisions than there were historically (as well as more INF). It is not hard for Germany to invade the Soviet Union at the time of historical barbarossa in game with 50 or so Panzer divisions, which is way higher than they had historically.

If ART is limited, then the effect will be that you just see an even higher ahistorical amount of tank divisions instead.

I know... I have modded that away in my own mod... Wink

There you can only build fairly historical number of divisions and most countries will get manpower problem at one time or another.