Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Discussion thread for One With Nineveh and Tyre Options · View
The Professor
Posted: Friday, April 07, 2017 7:27:47 AM
 General of the Army

One Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal

Quote:

KoM: Well, Pavski seems out permanently, but let's discuss the current Egyptian and Japanese affair.

I can keep fighting this Nile campaign at the present intensity for years, which looks like it may be necessary to force Egypt to negotiate. How are your reserves of money and manpower? The Peshawar invasion on your eastern border will be a problem. I asked Golle to intervene, but he has a truce. I think if we could beat the Japanese navy in a decisive battle, we could force a peace; I will see if Fivoin or Blayne (sigh) might be interested.

Whyyyyyyyyy.

Their game can only exist to be won.
Then so be it who else can see it done.
oddman
Posted: Friday, April 07, 2017 1:55:03 PM
 Admiral

The Professor wrote:
It's really bullshit that he pulled that shit for a whole fucking year and the only reason why they didn't end the game in EU CK is because Baron got off on it.

Fixed yer typo.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts."
-Bertrand Russell
Kuipy
Posted: Friday, April 07, 2017 2:13:25 PM
 Pilus prior

I don't see them secret threads, it's like you guys are cucking me.

De 97 à 99
Maints chouans gouailleurs baffraient chaude andouille et froids bœufs.
Fivoin
Posted: Friday, April 07, 2017 2:32:59 PM
 General

dragoon9105 wrote:
Your still missing the Juiciest room which was the Room with just Me Jacob and BB. Dunno if Baron purged it though, but quite a bit of our plotting in Ck2 was there. Also tons on steam but those cant be transcribed unfortunately.

He purged it. There's only one thread left.

Quote:
I don't see them secret threads, it's like you guys are cucking me.

I'll open them for you.
KhanXLT
Posted: Friday, April 07, 2017 2:49:20 PM
 General

Fivoin wrote:
He purged it. There's only one thread left.

Maaaaaaaan, that goes against the whole spirit of the thing.
dragoon9105
Posted: Friday, April 07, 2017 3:03:22 PM
 Major General

Well that's fairly disappointing.

To summarize it I guess our plans to off Anders, uplift Blayne deal with Fim and such were there.

IIRC there was more blatant threats when Jacob got greedy and tried to sell us back the land we helped him win. Then was was seen in the sub thread. Along with little bits of strategy and reaction from various points in ck2, you can sorta use the sub discussion thread as a reference.

As for not ending the game, why didn't you?
Fivoin
Posted: Friday, April 07, 2017 3:59:04 PM
 General

KhanXLT wrote:
Maaaaaaaan, that goes against the whole spirit of the thing.

Yeah, it's a bummer.
It's in the room that I'm not admin for so I can't move the remaining thread to the archives. I'm currently waiting for Ederon to help me with that.
oddman
Posted: Friday, April 07, 2017 4:00:40 PM
 Admiral

dragoon9105 wrote:
As for not ending the game, why didn't you?

I sure did. About at the point you lot should have.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts."
-Bertrand Russell
dragoon9105
Posted: Friday, April 07, 2017 4:41:29 PM
 Major General

Nobody wanted to give us the win, that and we were intentionally trying to make it seem like it wasn't a permanent alliance when it pretty much was.

Next time when I've got the opportunity to faction overthrow both my partners and end the game through being 1/3rd the map I will, just for you Tongue
Clonefusion
Posted: Friday, April 07, 2017 5:06:46 PM
 Major

dragoon9105 wrote:
Nobody wanted to give us the win, that and we were intentionally trying to make it seem like it wasn't a permanent alliance when it pretty much was.

Next time when I've got the opportunity to faction overthrow both my partners and end the game through being 1/3rd the map I will, just for you Tongue

I was fine giving u guys the win.
The Professor
Posted: Monday, April 10, 2017 3:20:21 AM
 General of the Army

So hilariously if you click on Members I'm #2 in post count with 7,900 posts, KoM is in #3 with 7,500 posts; Anders is #1 with 13,000.

It's interesting the Venn Diagram between Players Who Participating in Great Games and showing up on the front page.

So Falador's Surprise Party hilarious actually "worked" as a thread title in that I completely glossed over it and skipped it until Falador commented that I'm mentioned in it all the time if you ctrl-f Big Grin

Quote:

Kuipy: So this about exacting revenge on Blayne for taking our provinces and being Blayne, right?

Mad

Quote:

Obviously I'm all for it but the question is, how do we keep Baron from interloping?

For some reason I feel partially vindicated and I wonder why.

Quote:

Jakob: So, Baron is in the middle of doing a land swap where I get as much lith land from him for some antwerp node. That will trigger Blaynes freak out and paranoia, and will also open up another possible front for him to defend/I can attack from. Baron has said, not specifically, that he wouldn't be too sad if Blayne were knocked down a peg.. especially since Blayne hasn't been repaying his loans, which is what opened the dialogue between Baron and I.

Looking logically.. Blayne hasn't helped Baron in Asia. He didn't help him with Dragoon. Blayne has ridden on Barons coattails and from our dialogue in game last week, he is growing tired of it.

Worst case scenario, I take the losses because I am organizing this. We aren't plotting against Baron, we are plotting against Blayne. I was thinking as far as terms, that KoM get Ragusa, and Kuipy gets his Africa back. If there is any left over, I may be able to revoke cores or take a province in Crimea. I don't want to grow at Blaynes expense yet, this is more preparatory to split them, and to hurt Blaynes long term growth by making him loses his trade nodes. Since Kuipy has a truce, I will hit Lithuania as soon as Barons war is over to ensure I keep feeding my vassal and locking out Fiv or Blayne from taking anymore of it. I do plan on stopping my Eastward expansion at the border of Uzbek, but we also need to decide what to do with Persia. If there is no friendly player to put in it, I think we should all try to take chunks to ensure the Indians don't take it all.

I am in the process of building another 70 army divisions to get to my new force limit. If we drive a wedge between Blayne and Baron, then it will easy pickings. Let's just hope no leaks happen this time.

Lol fuck Baron and Jakob.

When the hell was this I wonder; Dragoon either still existed or only recently didn't exist.

In any case it reinforces how much bullshit Jakob was consistently feeding me since practically the start.

Quote:

KoM in in April of 2016: However, he is also trying to browbeat Baron into doing something proactive to help him. Baron is, of course, a weak and wandering soul, prone to doing the bidding of whoever last spoke to him; watch out for English troop buildups in France.

This describes Trump almost perfectly.

Quote:

Jakob: Also, it seems like Blayne is in full recruit vs Germany mode. Any thoughts?

Huh. I wonder if all of this is because Jakob didn't like me blocking him after Zilcho left Lithuania? That had to be the timing of all of this; fuck Jakob.

Quote:

jakob: So.... looks like Blayne has flipped the Indians and Uzbek, convincing them I am a bigger threat.. Uzbek is also giving China to War as a sweetener. Looks like an interesting session.

Yeah that confirms it.

Quote:

Jakob: There should be a column for Mercs Hired, but it doesn't break it down any further. You can take loads of land due to the imperialism CB, and the fact Ragusa isn't developed. I would have to look if I am, but I think he is in full retreat.

Baron and I have been talking, he really doesn't want to have the war drag on, he would prefer to take on the Asian Bloc. He is offering to leave the war(s) if we allow Blayne and Fiv to leave without territorial losses. He wants the majority of any gains to be from Raga & Golle. Baron would then declare war on the Asian Bloc to further weaken it. While I initially balked at the idea, I can firm up my final borders in the East at Astrakhan and North with Novgorod being annexed next session. The real victory will be his triumvirate warring the Asians, forever splintering the coalition that coalesced around Blayne. In addition, Persia will be off AI protect, and if the major Powers are warring each other, the door would be open for you guys to gain some of that land.

Thoughts?

All of this ended up benefiting Jakob and his expansion.

Quote:

Jakob: So I spoke with Baron a bit and will chat with him this weekend. I feel like a lasting peace is possible. I pushed for Ragusa back to KoM, and the rest coming out of Golle/Raga. I can't force demands in Fiv yet.

It should really have concerned you guys just how often Jakob and Baron have been "talking" for ostensible "rivals".

dragoon9105
Posted: Monday, April 10, 2017 5:58:02 AM
 Major General

Well Baron's about as active as me, Khan or yourself blayne.

The warning sign is more how much Jacob is bothering to talk sinces hes one of those people that doesn't have much time to do diplomacy and such.
Kuipy
Posted: Monday, April 10, 2017 12:07:50 PM
 Pilus prior

The Professor wrote:

This describes Trump almost perfectly.

This kind of juvenile troll has no place on a serious gaming forum.

De 97 à 99
Maints chouans gouailleurs baffraient chaude andouille et froids bœufs.
The Professor
Posted: Thursday, April 13, 2017 3:51:13 PM
 General of the Army

Is there a reason KoM why your signature is also in red text in the rules thread? Big Grin

dragoon9105
Posted: Thursday, April 13, 2017 4:36:07 PM
 Major General

Hes just letting the power go to his head.

Nothing wrong with a little Ego inflation I say, Just don't start electrocuting people with lightning.
King of Men
Posted: Friday, April 14, 2017 4:09:59 AM
 Legatus legionis

The Professor wrote:
Is there a reason KoM why your signature is also in red text in the rules thread? Big Grin

Yes, it's because this forum runs on ancient code from 2006 and isn't picking up my closing color tag.

Read my blog.
Norway Rome The Khanate Scotland Scotinavia Christendie the Serene Republic has always been at war with the Bretons False Empire Caliphate Persians Russians English Hungarians Oceanians Saracen Jackal! Death, death, death to the Frogs barbarians infidels necromancers vodka-drinking hegemonists Sassenach nomad menace Yellow Menace heathen Great Old One!
Fivoin
Posted: Friday, May 12, 2017 10:07:38 AM
 General

Ederon got back to me. The archives should now be open to the public and the thread from BBs private diplo room is moved into the archives.
dragoon9105
Posted: Friday, May 12, 2017 4:33:01 PM
 Major General

How about that progress on a new subforum?
Fivoin
Posted: Friday, May 12, 2017 4:45:01 PM
 General

I haven't asked him about that, I assumed that KoM was doing that as the new GM. Normally we get one just in time for the new game to start so if you haven't asked Ederon yet I suggest you do that soon.
I can ask him to move this to concluded once you get the new sub-forum.
The Professor
Posted: Friday, May 12, 2017 7:55:55 PM
 General of the Army

I feel like I could copy and paste "And I want to annex Blayne." a dozen times and that would be an accurate depiction of Baron's thread.

Along with how pissed he is with me claiming any amount of skill in Hoi4. I wonder how that worked out~. Big Grin