Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Puntastic Title Options · View
zabuzahak1
Posted: Saturday, June 10, 2017 12:46:41 AM
 Optio

897 A.D.

The kingdom of Bavaria was ruled by Walther dez Neigh. While the kingdom enjoyed a period of relative stability and prosperity the rise of poweful Italian magnates to the South and powerful warlords to the east called for renewed expansion and diplomatic manoeuvres. Furthermore, the internal stability of the realm would soon be jeopardised as the county of Oberbayern passed from Bavarian to East Francian rule as the unfortunate death of Ekbert, its young ruler, allowed Ludwig, the East Francian monarch, to assume control of the region.

Walther paved the way for future success by arranging several key marriages with prominent Burgundian Duchesses. This served to secure powerful alliances while also opening avenues for the eventual expansion of the Bavarian kingdom through strictly diplomatic means.

However Walther's reign would not bring any new, major military succeses. Cancer took Walther on January 4, 906 and Giselbert dez Neigh assumed control of the kingdom.

By 910 Giselbert had gone to war with the Liubic dynasty which ruled the pagan petty kingdom of Nisani. Encouraged by the anti pope to secure a victory for the schismatic church the Bavarians set to expunging pagan influence from Germany and its surrounding lands, if only for a short while. Meanwhile, several prominent Bohemian magnates attacked the Bavarian, distracted by their nearby campaign in Meissen. However, that threat was quickly neutralised with the help of mercenary companies hired with valuables gained by expelling Jewish communites and gold lent by Italian usurers.

The rise of a powerful Italian kingdom led the Bavarian monarchy to seek an alliance with the nascent kingdom. As a gesture of goodwill Giselbert agreed to retract support for the German anti pope, without the support of the Bavarian nobility the schism was guaranteed to end.

[I forgot to take notes about what happened during the session or take screenshots so this week's will have to be quite short as far as AAR posts go]

King of Men
Posted: Sunday, June 11, 2017 6:47:36 AM
 Legatus legionis

One Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal

So. The rule is 500 words or equivalent effort. This is 325 words and nothing else. No AAR reward, sorry. As it was posted before edit time, I see no need for a not-lucky penalty.

Read my blog.
Norway Rome The Khanate Scotland Scotinavia Christendie the Serene Republic has always been at war with the Bretons False Empire Caliphate Persians Russians English Hungarians Oceanians Saracen Jackal! Death, death, death to the Frogs barbarians infidels necromancers vodka-drinking hegemonists Sassenach nomad menace Yellow Menace heathen Great Old One!
zabuzahak1
Posted: Sunday, June 11, 2017 1:15:50 PM
 Optio

King of Men wrote:
So. The rule is 500 words or equivalent effort. This is 325 words and nothing else. No AAR reward, sorry. As it was posted before edit time, I see no need for a not-lucky penalty.

Firehound had basically the same length in words as me plus a few screenshots and you let him slide. Screeshots take next to no time to put up and the only reason I don-t have any is because I completely forgot since I was consumed by trying to get to grips with a player slot I was thrown into for the first time. Doesn't seem fair everyone else is getting their reward even though you think their work doesn't deserve it and you've decided to make some sort of example out of this. I for one would appreciate some consistency.
King of Men
Posted: Monday, June 12, 2017 12:05:16 AM
 Legatus legionis

One Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal

I disagree about screenshots requiring next to zero effort; it takes a certain amount of time to select, crop, and upload them, not to mention remembering to get some in the first place. I have traditionally considered adding screenshots to be the equivalent of about 100 words, which puts Firehound within shouting distance of the limit, and then there's some wiggle room in that 'about'. So, it was a borderline AAR; but this one is not so borderline. Subtracting the 30 words about why it's short, there's less than 300 words.

Read my blog.
Norway Rome The Khanate Scotland Scotinavia Christendie the Serene Republic has always been at war with the Bretons False Empire Caliphate Persians Russians English Hungarians Oceanians Saracen Jackal! Death, death, death to the Frogs barbarians infidels necromancers vodka-drinking hegemonists Sassenach nomad menace Yellow Menace heathen Great Old One!