Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

The Map Thread Options · View
LordSauronOfHertfordshire
Posted: Saturday, July 22, 2017 4:20:00 AM
 Tesserarius

Hey now, those Hindus keep getting uppity on the Eastern Boarder. And it's not like I get Silk Road trade for more than three days out of the session.

Why conquer when diplomacy is just so much easier.
dragoon9105
Posted: Wednesday, July 26, 2017 10:53:03 PM
 Lieutenant General

The Year of our Lord 1070 AD

The Black Death and Size Lmiits have led to a large amount of Border Gore, what your seeing here is the Dynastic Map doctored to look nice as this was the final Ck2 Session.

House Vi Britannia(Hadogei) after it's successful taking and defense of Norway sets its sights upon the innocent Diz Neigh Dynasty. However in doing so, the Kingdom of Norway was left undefended and lost its central territories to the Heathen.

House Craig(James Craig) has seized Iceland, a relatively unimportant Island that will have no significance whatsoever in the future.

House Boyardee(Mark) One more spent several decades in eternal civil war, culminating in the coronation of a Nestorian and a Muslim to the Throne of Lombardy, The Iron crown was lost in this time, never to be found again.

The Khan of Moravia (Yami Yagari) Has continued to reconstruct a shattered and weakened Carpathia.

The House of Lazuli(Blayne/Sid Meiyer) Also spent much of this time in Civil War with itself.

Disaster has struck House Hrothgar(Dragoon9105) as several untimely deaths culminating in the arrival of the Scourge of God, the Black Death itself led to the ascension of a Child of the Wrong Dynasty to the Throne of Varingia. The Sword Vengeance and all the Artifacts are Baldur was lost, and a dark day that shall forever be remembered by the Hrothgar Dynasty, that now plots to regain it's rightful throne.

Licking thier Wounds from the Failed invasion of Greece, the House of Mordor have retreated back into thier own lands and have begun to consolidate thier territories for a coming Indian Campaign, Only for the arrival of the Black death to put such plans on delay.

The Norsemen of Svitjod (King of Men) Have reclaimed vital territory in Norway and had begun to make preparations for a great conquest to strike back at the followers of Christ. A Crusade called by the Leonese however put a delay to such plans, threatening to wipe the Dynasty from the map. However it seems God favors the Norse Faithful, as the Black Death, and the Untimely exit of House Hrothgar from the Crusade seems to have doomed the Crusade to Fail, and the Norse of Scandinavia to survive, and plot their revenge.

Because of the Black Death, the Great Power Map is an absolute Mess, So we'll just wait till the Eu4 conversion, which will have an actual comprehensive list.

Juan_de_Marco
Posted: Saturday, August 12, 2017 6:05:21 PM
 Brigadier General

One Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal

Long Live the Black Death!

Nice borders are for amateurs; Experts like it craggy.

/lurk
dragoon9105
Posted: Friday, September 22, 2017 7:32:28 PM
 Lieutenant General

The Year of our Lord 1485 AD

Back on Track with the World Updates, This is the end result of Session 2 of EU4.

The Holy Roman Empire(Mark) continues to swallow all that dare oppose it, Lotharingia and France are now succumbing to its might.

The Kingdom of Eire(James Craig) has expanded over much of England, but lost Iceland in a short conflict with the Ynglings of Scandinavia.

The Ynglings(King of Men) in Scandinavia have continued to expand in Northern Germany and the North Sea, but ran into silent conflict when such reckless expansionism reached the Baltic Coast and Varingia took notice.

The Kingdoms of Varingia(Dragoon9105) and Great Novgorod(Gollevain) have begun a great march East to the Urals, defeating the Horse peoples that have so long plagued Russia.

The Kingdom of Leon(Hadogei), Long the heartland of the Von Britannian Dynasty has collapsed and now looks to be overwhelmed by the Kingdom of Andalusia.

The Saars of Finland(Ranger) have discovered America and claimed several small islands off the coast of Africa for their expanding Trade Empire.

The Empire of Mordor(Emperor of Mordor) continues to struggle against the powerful Steppe People of the Sammadids but has found an unlikely ally in the Kingdom of Varingia who has taken an intrest in bring down the Horselords once and for all.

The Kingdom of Egypt (Brometheus) Has seized the Holy Land and expanded his dynasty's holdings in India perhaps marking the end of Aswad's decline.

The Kingdom of Great Moravia(Yami) has consolidated its lands and much of the Adriatic but now lies trapped between the Great Powers of Varingia, The Holy Roman Empire and the Decaying Lazuli Empire.

The Candravamas(Khan) have risen to greatness and stardom in Eastern India, subjugating the Bengali People and making the Kingdom of Nepal into a loyal march.

The Uesugi Shogunate(Ragatok) has almost completly united Japan and is now setting its sights on lands in Manchuria and possibly beyond.

The Chinese Successor States of Xi(Hoonter) and Wu(Blayne) have put an end to the warring states of Ming and have Divided China up amoung themselves. Whether this peace is temporary or a new great order only time will tell.

The Prestigious Empire of Korea(Vaniver) has brought the Renaissance from a trade mission from Mali while expanding its great Empire into the High Seas and Northern China.

The Kongo have united much of Central Africa under their greatness, Weather this will be enough to survive European interaction remains to be seen.

The Development of the World

The Holy Roman Empire is in first place with the Unlikely Great Novogrod Behind it. After that it remains a close race between Mordor, Varingia, Mali and the Aswad.

The Great Powers

The Holy Roman Empire due to its great development, and becuase of Varingia's dynastic troubles in the past has become the Greatest Power of the World. Varingia remains however a firm Number two thanks to it's personal Union with the Kingdom of Alania, and its powerful Steppe Vassals.

Great Novgorod is a Firm Third only so far behind Varingia due to the Renaissance being slow to adopt in the Northern Country. That of course should change in the future.

Beyond that there are the middling great Powers of Mordor, Mali Aswad and the Yngling Empire. However the Lazuli Dynasty has fallen out of the last slot, instead being replaced by an intresting up and comer. The Candravamsas of India.

Score:

The Winner in Score at the Moment is Great Moravia who had the good fortune to receive a victory card basically on his own territory. Candravamsas also has just taken his own Victory Card. Everyone beyond that however has their score solely from their Empires.
LordSauronOfHertfordshire
Posted: Friday, September 22, 2017 10:48:24 PM
 Tesserarius

I wouldn't say "struggling" so much as "annoyed by". The Ethiopians have proven a much sterner foe.

Why conquer when diplomacy is just so much easier.
Ranger9000
Posted: Friday, September 22, 2017 10:59:29 PM
 1st Lieutenant

I'm just happy Saarland on the list at all though man. Mali and HREs income is scary
dragoon9105
Posted: Tuesday, September 26, 2017 1:45:39 PM
 Lieutenant General

The Year of our Lord 1511 AD

We played a measly 26 years this time becuase of an absurdly long rehost, but we played none the less.

The Discovery of America had produced Colonial Ventures by varying European Powers, as well as the Empire of Korea resulting in the beginnings of Colonization in Alaska, the Caribbean, Columbia and Canada.

The Yngling Kingdom(King of Men) found itself on the receiving end of a grand coalition, resulting in the loss of it's french territories as well as Iceland, the Island of Sjaelland and Northeastern finland.

The Kingdom of Great Novgorod(Gollevain) has continued to push Eastwards, reaching lands that man has ever colonized before, Siberia.

The Kingdom of Leon(Hadogei) Has managed to just barely reverse its decline, and yet it's fate remains on the edge of a knife and at the whim of the Kingdom of Andalusia

The Duchy of Poitou(Zirotron) has continued to survive thanks to the Expansionist Holy Roman Empire effectively weakening the Kingdom of Aquitaine to a point where it can no longer reliably finish the minor power off.

The Holy Roman Empire(Mark) Continues to rampantly expand and assert it's authority in Christian Europe, seizing the Crowns of Burgundy, France and Croatia back for the Roman Empire, and has recently crossed the Rhine to subjugate the germans.

Eire (James) missed the session, but did recieve Iceland in the peace deal with the Yngling Realm.

The Greatest of Moravia's(Yami) sat out the war against the Ynglings to great consequence, as it soon found itself set against both the Mighty Holy Roman Empire and Varingia, who seized the Adriatic Coastline and Silesia respectively.

Mighty Varingia(Dragoon9105) has reversed it's direction of expansion into the west, annexing the majority of Poland and southern Lithuania, as well as seizing the valuable port of Danzig from Pommerania. Further, less significant gains in the steppe were also made.

Saarland(Ranger) from its humble position has managed to reach Canadian Shores, where they hope in the isolation of America, they may practice whatever religion they wish.

The Empire of Mordor(Emperorofmordor) has continued to consolidate its postion as the dominant middle eastern Power, but continues to run up against resistance from the Sammanids, who are now on the decline.

The Aswad Empire(Klingon) missed the session becuase of technical issues, but did make some colonization effort in the spice islands, as well as consolidation on the mainland.

The Kongolese(Kuipi) have breached the Central african wall and arrived in the great lakes region to wreak havoc on the native tribesmen there.

The Kingdom of Bengal (Khan) (Yes, I know its called something Else) missed the session and made only minor advancements in the war to dominant the subcontinent.

The Tianlan Dynasty(The Professor) has decisively crushed the XI of western China, claiming large swaths of territory, and bringing forth talk that perhaps the Mandate of Heaven should shift east once more.

The Korean Empire (Vaniver) unable to stop the decline of the Xi has expanded its colonial empire further, mostly in the Northern reaches of the world.

The Uesugi (Ragatok) Have united Japan and now have begun to look outwards, towards new horizons, mainly in the south where the Inward Focus of China has left Taiwan and Northern Indonesia ripe for colonization.

Development

The Holy Roman Empire, as always is firmly in the lead. Trailing behind them is Great Novogrod whose expansion is slowing but not stopped, and Varingia, who has reached to head of the Pack of great powers in development. Also notable is the rise of Tianlan from the back of the pack to 5th place, though this rapid expansion will likely slow as all the rich lands of China have now been consolidated.

The Great Powers of the World

The Fight for #2 continues to be a close one between the Varingians and Great Novogrod. The Holy Roman Empire of course remains the greatest of powers. Beyond that most of the Asian powers of note have taken places on the list.

The Score Comparison

With the capture of victory cards by Tianlan and Candravamas the fight for score is effectively between three powers. However, notably the Holy Roman Empire and Russian Twins are still competitive in score despite lacking Victory Cards.

Yami-Yagari
Posted: Tuesday, September 26, 2017 1:51:31 PM
 Generalmajor

So i was attacked for not helping out against kom? Had you bothered to ask?
dragoon9105
Posted: Tuesday, September 26, 2017 2:02:44 PM
 Lieutenant General

No, you were attacked becuase your in the way. But you might have gotten off better trying to help Kom, since he'd probably still agree to the peace just leaving you with a truce with me and mark.
Yami-Yagari
Posted: Tuesday, September 26, 2017 2:20:29 PM
 Generalmajor

dragoon9105 wrote:
No, you were attacked becuase your in the way. But you might have gotten off better trying to help Kom, since he'd probably still agree to the peace just leaving you with a truce with me and mark.
Ah ok. Here i was thinking youd stoop so low as to falsify events to justify my upcoming partition by you and mark. Would have taken offense to that.
king cruel
Posted: Tuesday, September 26, 2017 8:58:35 PM
 Brigadier General

dragoon9105 wrote:
The Duchy of Poitou(Zirotron) has continued to survive thanks to the Expansionist Holy Roman Empire effectively weakening the Kingdom of Aquitaine to a point where it can no longer reliably finish the minor power off.

Most of the time I was stronger than Aquitaine, in the sense that I had more manpower and a larger army, Aquitaine however had nearly all of the European minor AI powers as some sort of backup squad. Our first encounter together along with Leon was the beginning of the down spiral of both I and Hadegei, as we were surprisingly crushed. I imagined this was what made Disney mark me down as an aggressive power, and swore down to crush me in the future. My second encounter saw these AI powers fight to the bitter end in a war Aquitaine was ready to peace out on in the first year. Seven or so years and all the manpower of two countries finally won me two provinces from Aquitaine, manpower was so shot I was getting events about it, the people were angry I had sent all of their sons to die and for what, two measly pieces of land. I told them that's the price for glory bitches, deal with it. Either way, some how the two provinces I just took and was able to core, was able to raise 20k Aquitainian separatist, nothing I could do against them, in most test runs Andalusia sort of just strolls in with 25k send the rebels to bed then strolls out, they never did during the session, instead they declare on Leon I guess.

The cushy AI relationship did eventually come to an end as Galice decided to challenge Aquitaine for Portugal, bringing Navarra into the fighting. And funnily enough I think the one province minor was actually holding it's own against two nations larger than it in size. unfortunately for Galice and Navarra, Leon saw it a great opportunity to knock them both out. Galice and Navarra: 1444 to sometime near 1500.

"I switch my robot off, and I know more but retain less"
-Human
dragoon9105
Posted: Sunday, October 01, 2017 11:25:59 PM
 Lieutenant General

The Year of our Lord 1538 AD

We played 27 years this time, and there was quite a bit of salt, tears and quiet acceptance of what had occurred.

Crisis on the Rhine: The Holy Roman Empire(Mark) was discovered to have brought itself into it's powerful position at the start of the century using sorcererous ways to control a realm of over 150 Baronies. While explicitly Heresy and against the Divine rule it had gone unnoticed for several decades before talk of the end times brought further investigation for the matter. The Divine saw fit to break apart the Holy Roman empire into three, The Kingdom of Loon, The Holy Roman Empire itself and the Kingdom of Dizneigh, all united under a single crown.

The Eagle has Two heads:
Varingia(Dragoon9105) and The Holy Roman Empire, in defiance of the Anti Roman Coalition that had still formed despite the divine action of god himself demanded the provinces of Bohemia from the Kingdom of Great Moravia(Yami Yagari). The Great Moravian Response was a blatant refusal leading to a declaration of War by the Russo-Roman Alliance. Great Moravia was quickly overrun and its armies retreated back into Yngling(King of Men) Territory and wait for aid. Varingia's army, as expected proved to be exceptional on the field, wiping three armies before finally being stopped in the Rhineland and forced to retreat to occupied Moravia.

The Golden Army:
Feeling the time to enter European Politics was right, the Kingdom of Mali(Hoonter) marched up north and out of the Sahara to face the Holy Roman and Varingian Armies on the field of battle, first occupying Tunisia but eventually marching North into Moravia through the Lazuli Empire.

The Saarish Intervention
: In hopes of keeping it's powerful allies in the South, Saarland(Ranger9000) sent 20 Volunteer Divisions to help turn the tide against the Mali, for the War Weary Varingia, and the besieged Holy Roman Empire, these reinforcements would turn the Tide in Moravia, leading to the second Capitulation and eventual Peace before the Kingdom of Ireland, Kingdom of Great Novgorod or Mordor could be drawn into the growing conflict.

Peace of Salt
: Demoralized, the Greatest of Moravias sued for peace, and becuase of this, The Mali and Yngling Empires were helpless as the Crown of Bohemia was carved away by Varingia and the Vital Land connection between the Two Eagles was finally established. The peace, and the dialogue preceeding it had made it apparent that the World had well and truly been lost. Many Fled, others stayed but the order had been decided. The Holy Roman Empire and Varingia had put Europe under a cloud of Darkness, and while Asia still stood strong, their time would have come eventually.

The Steppe Wars
: The Samanids, long a persistent and powerful force in Central Asia had once again brawled with the Forces of Mordor and Varingia, though this time a new Entry would come just as peace was signed with the Pact Bagdad, Great Novogrod, now ready to march eastwards also attacked the Samanids, eventually being supported by Varingia.

Race to the Top

With the world due to ending, Major events proceeded in due time. The Tianlan(Blayne) Dynasty usurped the Mandate of Heaven.

The Saars(Ranger) had established themselves as the masters of Coin and Trade, pirating, smuggling and trading dozens of ducats away from thier rightful owners in Russia, The Baltic and English Channel.

The Irish(James), not content with having sat out the war to end all wars, took to attacking tiny Poitou(Zirotron), prompting international condemnation, and eventually war with the Yngling Rike, Though once more the forces of good failed as the Irish Naval Commander had made quick work of Viking Longships.

The Holy Roman Emperor, in apology for the grand crusade against China, bent the knee, forfieting his Status as the Number one Power of the world, opening the way for an Arms race between great Novogrod and Varingia, culminating in Varingian Victory with the adoption of Colonial technology 'acquired' from saarland.

Religions of the World

Nothing Particularly special here, though you can see Scandinavia is Norse, Southern Russia and Central Asia is Nestorian, Europe remains catholic and the Colonial touch had just started to be felt in America.

Cultures of the World

Nothing special here either, you can see the cultural mess in Russia, and Scandinavia.

Development Map of the World

As you can see the HRE nerf didn't do much, They lost nearly Half of their development between sessions and they are already back up to 1200. Even defeat in the War of the Two Eagles would have been insignificant to the growing power of the Mighty Rome.

Varingia and Great Novgorod meanwhile are neck and Neck, as the Pack has fallen away to those that can expand, and those that cannot.

The Great Powers

Mighty Varingia, the Greatest of Powers had snuck into 1st Place at the end, thanks to the Submission of the Holy Roman Empire to China. With the Alliance between The Holy Roman and Varingian Empires having Held Strong, against even the Limitless Hordes of Mali. Between controversy around the Breakup of the HRE, The Salts of War (Felt by both sides in significant degree) and general unwillingess to fight, The Game looks likely to end here. With Varingia and the Holy Roman Empire at the top of the Totem Poll, and Candravamas as the Winner in Paradox Score.

Yami-Yagari
Posted: Sunday, October 01, 2017 11:35:18 PM
 Generalmajor

You put badgering hoonter on Ts into quitting very elloquently.
Ranger9000
Posted: Tuesday, October 03, 2017 9:21:06 AM
 1st Lieutenant

I consider all those Ducats I took in trade just repayment for giving the east colonization Tongue