Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Position-picking thread Options · View
King of Men
Posted: Saturday, October 07, 2017 11:53:32 PM
 Legatus legionis

One Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal

Oddman says he can't play tomorrow. If he joins later we'll put him somewhere in the east.

• Scotland (king cruel): The bonnie earl of Moray - that micht hae been a king - and his vassals control 15 baronies between them, so that seems like a good start. Talk about your overmighty subjects.
  • England (Mark): Mercia and Northumberland are a bit too powerful, but Wessex with 12 baronies seems reasonable.
  • North France (Vaniver): Flanders looks ok at 13.
  • Flanders (Hadogei): Holland is too powerful. I will edit King Karl's direct holdings in the region to Ostfriesland, that will make 12.
  • Aquitaine (James): Armagnac is an option at 12; Toulouse at 18 is also possible.
  • Burgundy (Dragoon): The actual duke of Burgundy has 18, but 15 of that is controlled through vassal counts so it might work. Savoy is a bit underpowered at 9, but as it's Dragoon that might not be such a problem.
  • Catalonia (Hoonter): The Saadid emirate has 18.
  • Leon (Sauron): There's no good duke in this area; the whole kingdom is 28. I think I would just say, take the kingdom; being surrounded by Muslims it is in a very difficult position and needs some help.
  • Andalusia (Golle): Seville at 13 looks reasonable.
  • Venice (Blayne): I mean, it's Venice. Play the Doge; it's a little low on baronies but the family Houses are very powerful and it has a lot of income.
  • South Germany (Yami): I'm a bit unsure here. Bohemia and Moravia are both tribal and a bit low on baronies, but rich in empty slots which give an immense levy bonus. They're also slightly isolated from the other players. I think they might work? Alternatively Wurzburg, already customised by Dragoon, has 16, although it's not very southern.
  • Denmark (KoM): Although Sjaelland looks large on the map, it only has 12 baronies, some of them held by count vassals.
  • Corsica (Ranger): I'll create a republic here.

Feel free to suggest corrections or alternative options.

Read my blog.
    Norway Rome The Khanate Scotland Scotinavia Christendie the Serene Republic has always been at war with the Bretons False Empire Caliphate Persians Russians English Hungarians Oceanians Saracen Jackal! Death, death, death to the Frogs barbarians infidels necromancers vodka-drinking hegemonists Sassenach nomad menace Yellow Menace heathen Great Old One!
  • LordSauronOfHertfordshire
    Posted: Sunday, October 08, 2017 12:30:15 AM
     Optio

I'm sure it's fine...it's fine...I'll just have to wait until Crusades...everything will be fine...*huddles in corner and cries*

Why conquer when diplomacy is just so much easier.
    dragoon9105
    Posted: Sunday, October 08, 2017 1:43:34 AM
     Lieutenant General

Give Yami Wurzburg if he wants to be christian, otherwise Bohemia probably works the best for his region.

I'll probably take Burgundy or the Duke of Provence. The Starting locations in The Francian brothers wont matter much as I imagine we'll all be working together to break apart France and build it in our image.

The Professor
    Posted: Sunday, October 08, 2017 2:02:31 AM
     General of the Army

I got a couple of people interested, we remember Klingon who is up for trying again, and someone else from the same place.

Is there a handy list of 'reserve' slots?

Their game can only exist to be won.
    Then so be it who else can see it done.
    The Professor
    Posted: Sunday, October 08, 2017 2:08:03 AM
     General of the Army

Yami Fenrir (From Something Awful) would be up for:

1. Naples.
    2. Bavaria.
    3. Wallachia.
    4. ireland.

dragoon9105
    Posted: Sunday, October 08, 2017 2:11:14 AM
     Lieutenant General

A second Scandinavian Player would be highest priority to fill next.

After that, Probably 3 in the Balkans, a Third Brit, and Pommerania.
    The Professor
    Posted: Sunday, October 08, 2017 5:02:31 AM
     General of the Army

If I could also go Hellenic, and the rest of Venice/province/characters also Hellenic to keep things simple, that would also be good.

Gollevainen
    Posted: Sunday, October 08, 2017 10:34:48 AM
     Legatus legionis

One Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalAuthor of 50,000th Forum Post

So some people starts half as large as their neighbours...seems legit...

I must say this idea to stuck people in the west corner of the map just replicates the proplem we had in the first attempt. Also it gives those who are in the eastern edge of the current stack very favourable positions to expand into east where as those stucked in the west are...well stuck there into deathmach against the powerplayers.

Irsh Faq wrote:
    I've noted with Golle a trend of stirring up as much drama publicly as he can whenever he's up to something shady in the background. Presumably its a smokescreen strategy.
    Mark0628
    Posted: Sunday, October 08, 2017 12:08:27 PM
     Major

One Year Membership Medal

kom, understand tribal holdings are much much stronger than fuedal
    Mark0628
    Posted: Sunday, October 08, 2017 1:44:29 PM
     Major

wessex is also in a pretty bad spot because mercia owns half of england through a tributary web at start compare that to say tribal denmark, who is actually very strong and able to easily field 4x the men.
    dragoon9105
    Posted: Sunday, October 08, 2017 4:48:54 PM
     Lieutenant General

Yea I would play holstien not denmark Kom. And it'd be a nice curtosy to no subjugate all of Scandinavia before a player arrives
    Vaniver
    Posted: Sunday, October 08, 2017 5:04:13 PM
     Lieutenant Colonel

Gollevainen wrote:
    I must say this idea to stuck people in the west corner of the map just replicates the proplem we had in the first attempt. Also it gives those who are in the eastern edge of the current stack very favourable positions to expand into east where as those stucked in the west are...well stuck there into deathmach against the powerplayers.
    Since one can't play characters outside the playable area, this isn't too huge a boost.
    Gollevainen
    Posted: Sunday, October 08, 2017 5:16:18 PM
     Legatus legionis

Expect when we hit eu4...

Irsh Faq wrote:
    I've noted with Golle a trend of stirring up as much drama publicly as he can whenever he's up to something shady in the background. Presumably its a smokescreen strategy.
    dragoon9105
    Posted: Sunday, October 08, 2017 5:17:48 PM
     Lieutenant General

When we hit EU4 precedence will be given to fill the Middle Eastern and Russian slots before Asia.

That's how this typically works.

Also the Middle East at least tends to blob up like Crazy so it will probably take a collective effort in Eu4 to properly deal with. Russia not so much but that can be worked around.
    Gollevainen
    Posted: Sunday, October 08, 2017 5:44:43 PM
     Legatus legionis

Dibs on russia then after beign mauled in the spanish deathmatch

Irsh Faq wrote:
    Mark0628
    Posted: Monday, October 09, 2017 4:42:25 AM
     Major

hey so is mali open yet?
    LordSauronOfHertfordshire
    Posted: Monday, October 09, 2017 4:56:12 AM
     Optio

Mark0628 wrote:
    hey so is mali open yet?
    No sorry we gave it to Hadogai when he came in late

I'm kidding, though I did advocate for it as a prank.

Why conquer when diplomacy is just so much easier.