Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Achievement and mission discussion thread Options · View
King of Men
Posted: Thursday, October 05, 2017 8:26:32 AM
 Legatus legionis

One Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal

Achievements and missions will be final before the second session. Discussion, go!

Read my blog.
Norway Rome The Khanate Scotland Scotinavia Christendie the Serene Republic has always been at war with the Bretons False Empire Caliphate Persians Russians English Hungarians Oceanians Saracen Jackal! Death, death, death to the Frogs barbarians infidels necromancers vodka-drinking hegemonists Sassenach nomad menace Yellow Menace heathen Great Old One!
James Craig
Posted: Thursday, October 05, 2017 9:26:54 AM
 2nd Lieutenant

1. I think there should be an achievement for deposing a player who is in a regency and replacing them with an adult dynast.

2. I think certain cities should have achievements tied to them if held for a certain amount of time or alternately ending the game with them. These would be major historical sites like Rome, Constantinople, Aachen, etc.

3. I would like to see major conflict zones be attacked similar to dragoons suggestion, but I would also like to see an achievement for defending against a major player invasion and winning in those conflict zones. limit 1 =)

4. I would like to voice opposition to the meta achievements of last game in this, the correct spot for such things. I think they cheapen the achievements available through gameplay as they artificially raised the floor on total score during the last game in favor of countries who comparatively had far less impact on the game. There are AAR rewards already. It was a bit odd when I finally realized that taking an entire kingdome for your dynasty as not worth even half of one of these. seemed odd =/

Vae Victis!
King of Men
Posted: Friday, October 06, 2017 5:30:27 AM
 Legatus legionis

James Craig wrote:
4. I would like to voice opposition to the meta achievements of last game in this, the correct spot for such things. I think they cheapen the achievements available through gameplay as they artificially raised the floor on total score during the last game in favor of countries who comparatively had far less impact on the game. There are AAR rewards already. It was a bit odd when I finally realized that taking an entire kingdome for your dynasty as not worth even half of one of these. seemed odd =/

That would depend on how long you held the kingdom - remember you get regular score for titles as well as achievement score. However, I note that taking a kingdom was apparently less difficult than showing up every session and writing an AAR every session; more people accomplished the former than the latter.

Read my blog.
Norway Rome The Khanate Scotland Scotinavia Christendie the Serene Republic has always been at war with the Bretons False Empire Caliphate Persians Russians English Hungarians Oceanians Saracen Jackal! Death, death, death to the Frogs barbarians infidels necromancers vodka-drinking hegemonists Sassenach nomad menace Yellow Menace heathen Great Old One!
dragoon9105
Posted: Saturday, October 07, 2017 6:06:04 AM
 Lieutenant General

Working List of Achievements and Missions.
Note: I'm more or less copypasting the Achievements for the moment, so there might be duplicates, This is meant to be a working suggestion of a list.

Achievements:

Generic:

• Crusader: Win a Crusade or equivalent (as attacker). 1 point.
  • Heresiarch: Supplant your religion with a heresy. 10 points.
  • A King's Ransom: Capture another player's character or heir. (Ransoming them is optional.) 3 points per capture, and -3 for the target.
  • We Have Reserves: Have the largest dynasty, as measured by living characters, at conversion. 3 points.
  • Place in the Sun: Expand your culture by the greater of 50% or twenty provinces relative to game start. Melting-pot cultures take their starting size as the sum of the cultures that can naturally convert to it. 5 points.
  • Lebensraum: Make your culture the largest, and at least twice as large as the second largest; 5 points.
  • Manifest Destiny: Remove from the map a culture that is not in your culture group; not in a culture group that neighbours yours at game start (including short ocean voyages, eg across the North Sea); and is roughly the same size as yours at game start. 5 points, to be shared if several players cooperated on the genocide.
  • Equal to Rome: Form X Cultural Empire: (Germania, Britannia, Francia, Italia, Carpathia, Wendia, Hispania, Scandinavia, Russia) 5 Points

Religion Based:

Christian:

• One True Pope: Depose an antipope. 1 point, achievable once per achieving player.
  • Even Truer Pope: Crown your antipope as Pope. 3 points, achievable once.
  • Five Patriarchs: Each of the five Pentarchy seats controlled by your dynasty. 5 points, achievable once.
  • Mend the Schism: Get the eponymous ingame event. 20 points.
  • Co-Egyptic: Become King of Egypt as a Coptic. 2 points.
  • Nestopotamia: Become King of Mesopotamia as a Nestorian. 3 points.
  • Eneste Sanne Pave/Einlicher Treue Papst/Your Language Here: Get the Pope to move his capital to your cultural region. 5 points.

Muslim:

• Caliph instead of the Caliph: Your dynasty holds the Caliphate title at conversion. 5 points.
  • Not in Silk nor in Samet: Win a decadence revolt. 3 points, once per player.
  • No God but Allah: Unify the Muslim Faith so that no independent rulers of the opposite sect exist. 20 points

Pagan:

• Drunk on Suttung's Mead: Reform your faith. (You may rename appropriately if the faith is not Germanic.) 5 points.
  • Great Holy Warrior: Win a GHW for a kingdom with a holy site of your faith, and put a dynast on its throne. 1 point.
  • Plots Spanning Years: Conquer an Abrahamic Kingdom with a Prepared Invasion. 1 point, achieveable once per kingdom.
  • Saoshyant: Gain the Zoroastrian title. 10 points.
  • Empire of the Sun: Form a Zunist Empire 10 Points

Control Points:

• City of Lights: Hold Paris
  • City of Men's Desire: Hold Thrace
  • Where Emperor's Fear to Tread: Hold Julich
  • The Eternal City: Hold Latium
  • Three Faiths, One Ruler: Hold Jerusalem
  • Return of the King: Hold Gondar
  • Arabian Nights: Hold Medina and Mecca
  • City of Lights: Hold Paris
  • On the River Thames: Hold Middlesex
  • The Golden City: Hold Prague
  • The Great Tower: Hold Sevilla
  • The Little Mermaid: Hold Sjaelland

Regional 'Sets':
    (Sort of like Cards in Risk, Holding some or all of the Kingdoms in your dynasty at the same time convers a bonus at conversion) (You need at least 2) (The intent here is bias historical rivals against each other, for example German Players and French Players are both incentivised to go after Lotharingia and Frisia and so on)

Brytenwalda: England, Wales, Ireland, Scotland
    Le C'est Moi: France, Burgundy, Brittany, Aquitaine. Frisia, Lotharingia
    Imperator Totius Hispaniae: Andalusia, Galicia, Asturias, Aragon, Portugal, Castille, Navarra (Titles only count if the title had de jure land)
    La Serenissima: Italy, Sicily, Venice, Genoa, Croatia, Africa, The Papal State
    Got Mitt Uns: Germany, Bavaria, Saxony, Pomerania, Lotharingia, Frisia, Bohemia
    AEIOU: Bavaria, Bohemia, Hungary, Croatia, Venice, Italy
    Megalia: Greece, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Anatolia, Armenia, Croatia, Sicily
    Ragnarok: Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland
    The Sjem: Pomerania, Poland, Lithuania, Ruthenia, Bohemia
    Al Andalus: Andalusia, Mauretania, Africa, Aquitaine, Galicia, Sicily
    Third Rome: Ruthenia, Rus, Volga Bulgaria

Special Sets (Must hold all, Worth More) (Must have the qualifying culture):
    Angelois: England, France (English,Norman)
    The Vespers: Aragon, Sicily (Iberian Culture)
    Habsburg Influence: Bavaria, Frisia, *Any Spanish Kingdom* (German Culture)
    Danelaw: *Any Scandinavian Kingdom*, England (Norse Culture)
    Hohenzollern: Germany, Sicily (German or Italian Culture)
    Prussian Glory: Saxony, Pomerania, Lithuania (Prussian, Pommeranian, Saxon)
    Karling: France, Lotharingia, Germany, Italy, Burgundy (Frankish, Any 4 Kingdoms) (Frankish)
    Historical Anomaly: England, Greece (English,Greek,Anglo-Saxon)
    Yugoslavia: Croatia, Serbia, Bulgaria (Any Two) (Slavic Culture)
    Dandolo: Venice, Greece (Italian Culture)
    Gothica: Tataria, *Any Kingdom in Germania* (German, Greek)
    Long Distance Relationship: Norway/Ireland/Scotland, Jerusalem (Any Culture)
    Form Ireland to Cathay: Ireland,Khotan/Mongolia (Any Culture)
    Jarls of India: *Any Scandinavian Kingdom*, *Any Indian Kingdom* (Norse Culture Group)

Missions:

The Age of Charlemagne (Years 769-867)
    1. Form the Holy Roman Empire (Rewarded to the First Player to Form it)

2. Win the Reconquista (Points to all players of the winning religion with a presence in Iberia, The one with the greatest amount of territory receives a bonus)

3. Usurp the Byzantine Empire

Viking Age (Years 867-1000)
    1. Christianize/Defend Scandinavia (Works the same as Reconquista)(If no Kingdoms ever christianize by 1100 AD, it is considered a 'win' by default for the Norse and normal win rewards apply)

2. Gain the Sea King Trait

3. Fall of the Karlings (Overthrow/Subjugate/Invade Karling Kingdoms, Each Kingdom counts once, and the one with the most overthrows is given the reward)

4. Form England

Early Medieval Period (Years 1000-1100)

1. The Fate of England: Control England in 1100 AD. (Holding England from 1000-1100 AD gives double the Bonus)

2. Castille, And Leon? Dejure Drift at least three crowns completly into your primary title (Lasts until 1444, Given to the First player to do this, keep a tally)

3. Form/Control Sicily in 1100 AD (Holding Sicily from 1000 to 1100 gives double the Bonus)

The Crusades (Years 1100-1200)

1. Form the Kingdom of Jerusalem

2. Successfully Vassalize the Pope (Fired once)

3. Successfully Depose an Antipope (Fired once)

4. Destroy the Byzantine Empire (Fired Once) (If Byzantium falls below 100 Realm Size and lacks constantinople that is considered 'enough') (Successfully holding onto the Byzantine Empire from 1100 to 1200 AD confers double the bonus)

The Great Invasions (Years 1200-1300)

1. Form the Latin Empire (Latin Empire will be made Formable if Byzantium still exists if need be)

2. 'Convert' Lithuania and/or Finland (Works the Same as Reconquista)

3. 'Stop' the Mongols (Participate in a war where they are the attacker and win, all participants get points)

4. 'Stop' the Aztecs (Participate in a war where they are the attacker and win, all participants get points)

The Late Medieval Period (1300-1444)

1. Pass Imperial Administration and keep it passed at conversion

2. Defend/Hold Greece (Works the same as Reconquista) (If No Foreign religions exist in Dejure Greece/Anatolia between 1300 and 1444 it is considered a Win by the current regime and normal win conditions apply)

3. Standing Army: Have the largest retinue at conversion
  • Ranger9000
    Posted: Saturday, October 07, 2017 6:19:37 AM
     1st Lieutenant

Suggested ideas for achievements

Israel Reborn: Form Israel as a Jewish nation. Can't start in the Levant for the achievement. (Alternate names for heresies: The True Followers Land (Samaritan) ~10 points

The True Church of the East: As a Nestor ruler. Reclaim all Nestorian holy sites and remove Islam entirely from Mesopotamia the Levant and Arabia. ~15 points

What once was Shall be again: As manichianism. Retake Persia, Mesopotamia the Levant and remove any competing religions from these provinces. ~20 points

Meet the Family: As Messalian have more the 50% of your dynasty with inbred or lunatic by the end of the game. 5-7 points

March of the Heracleidae: As Hellenic, take all old Greek lands (Greece, Egypt + Western anatolia) and replace the primary religion in the area with hellenism. 10-15 points

Return of the Old Gods: As a pagan 'old' religion, defeat and remove the reformed version of your faith from the map. ~5 points

The Fairer Sex: As Cathar, make at least half of European kingdoms/empires lead by females through Absolute Cognatic succession ?? Not sure for points

A Single Divine Will: As Monophysiestes, purge Miaphysite from the map and reclaim all Coptic Holy Sites. 5-10 points

The Perfect Form: As Bogmolists, unite the Balkans and remove all traces of Orthodox and Catholicism from within the land 7-12 points

Break the Icons: As an Iconoclast, control all orthodox holy sites along with Rome, and Mecca, or have Iconoclasts controlling them. ~10 points

The Seven Angels stand Triumphant: As Yazidi, control all Yazidi Holy Sites, and either directly or through other Yazidi leaders, all holy sites of the Islamic faith except Andalusia ~20 points

Proof of Infallibility: As Kharijite kill in battle, execute, or assassinate all who would hold the title of Caliph for any other Islamic religion until the Caliphate has no heir of the dynasty. 10-15 points

The Outside Bet: As Druze, take over the Levant, Anatolia and Greece and convert the majority to your religion 15-20 points

(Alternative to the above) Reversal of Fortune: As Druze, form an empire and then establish a Jewish Kingdom of Israel within your borders. 10 points

The One True Skiekhdom: As the Hurufi, destroy all other Caliphate titles. 15-20 points
    Vaniver
    Posted: Saturday, October 07, 2017 6:22:29 AM
     Lieutenant Colonel

dragoon9105 wrote:

1. Form the Holy Roman Empire (Rewarded to the First Player to Form it)

3. Usurp the Byzantine Empire
    Wait, are we not getting rid of empires? How is that congruent with the size limits? Is the idea that you go from kingdom to empire in one session, and then have the emperor be AI while you play some smaller title?
    dragoon9105
    Posted: Saturday, October 07, 2017 6:31:48 AM
     Lieutenant General

The Idea is, once your an Empire you doll out the land until your below the Size Limit.

People struggled with keeping their realms stable to a rather embarrassing degree last time around. Letting people play the HRE and Byzantines offsets this somewhat.

Also, we could add special rules regarding the Holy Roman Empire to exempt it from the Size Limit, if we wanted it to be 'different'

These Rules would be

Elective Succession Must be Kept

Players cannot have their titles revoked (Unless they lose a legitimate Civil war against the Crown)

The Emperor can only raise his Personal Demesne Levies(and barons/mayors within those counties), and the Levies of council members only. (Feudal Obligation law can be forced to minimal if this is still too much)

The Emperor cannot Form Kingdom Titles within the de jure HRE nor hand them out to Vassals.

All Vassals of the Emperor must obey the Size Limit.

Players within the Empire cannot 'Join' in the Emperor's wars unless the Empire is being invaded (King Tier Cb or Higher) or their own direct holdings are in Jeopardy.

The Byzantine Empire I'm more in favor of leaving as it is, with the Caveat it Must obey the Size Limit, and if ever controlled by a player, the Varangian Guard must be released.

The Advantage of leaving the Holy Roman Empire in it's larger form is, We actually can have an HRE convert, and players play within it, opposed to just being an Expansion Block.

I'm going to copypaste this post in the relevant thread, so as not to clutter up This one, As more Missions/achievement ideas should be posted here.
    King of Men
    Posted: Wednesday, October 11, 2017 8:21:06 AM
     Legatus legionis

Quote:
    Eneste Sanne Pave/Einlicher Treue Papst/Your Language Here: Get the Pope to move his capital to your cultural region. 5 points.

I think I would add "and keep it there for a session" to make it easier to adjudicate. Last time we had some discussion around whether Mark had achieved it or not; it would have been much simpler if I could have loaded up a session start and end save and looked at the Pope.

Quote:
    I would like to voice opposition to the meta achievements of last game

"Live and Die at my Post" served as a small attendance and ontime cookie, which I think is useful. However, it could be improved by making each session worth a tiny amount, instead of having a big pass/fail over the whole of CK2.

"Tell My Tale" was more or less the only achievement possible for a non-power player. I think it's worth having something for the filthy casuals among us, the more so if it encourages writing.

Against this, I will admit that both were a pain to administer.

Quote:
    I think certain cities should have achievements tied to them if held for a certain amount of time or alternately ending the game with them. These would be major historical sites like Rome, Constantinople, Aachen, etc.

3. I would like to see major conflict zones be attacked similar to dragoons suggestion, but I would also like to see an achievement for defending against a major player invasion and winning in those conflict zones. limit 1 =)

Dragoon's suggestions seem to incorporate both of these.

Quote:
    I think there should be an achievement for deposing a player who is in a regency and replacing them with an adult dynast.

Not sure why the limitation to regencies here? "Depose a player who is in a vulnerable position" seems like an odd achievement when you could instead have the much simpler "depose a player". Can you explain your reasoning?

That said, "eliminate a player slot" could be an achievement, although it might encourage undesirably mean gameplay. Similarly for "assassinate a character currently being played".

Dragoon wrote:
    Suggested achievements

These all seem reasonable to me at first glance.

Ranger wrote:
    Heretical achievements

Some of these seem very unlikely; but I appreciate the attempt to cover every possible religion and heresy whether or not anyone might want to play them. Big Grin As with Dragoon's list, I'm ok with them at first glance.

Both Ranger's and Dragoon's lists require some point values. I'll hold off a bit to give time for objections to specific items, further suggestions or elaborations, and comments on which achievements are easy or hard, or how to balance the points values.

Read my blog.