Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Setup announcement thread Options · View
Fimconte
Posted: Sunday, November 05, 2017 5:27:16 AM
 Centurion

King of Men wrote:
Tribals and Nomads are playable

Nomads really shouldn't be.
Too bad I missed the announce or I would've been more than happy to demonstrate why.

#peacethroughpower
King of Men
Posted: Sunday, November 05, 2017 6:16:00 AM
 Legatus legionis

One Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal

Would the reason still apply if you can't go over 150 realm size?

That aside, you're still welcome to join. Smile We have a Discord channel, show up tomorrow at 0900 California time (watch out for Daylight Savings, it ends tonight) and we'll find a slot for you. Although probably not a nomad fief.

Read my blog.
Norway Rome The Khanate Scotland Scotinavia Christendie the Serene Republic has always been at war with the Bretons False Empire Caliphate Persians Russians English Hungarians Oceanians Saracen Jackal! Death, death, death to the Frogs barbarians infidels necromancers vodka-drinking hegemonists Sassenach nomad menace Yellow Menace heathen Great Old One!
Vaniver
Posted: Sunday, November 05, 2017 7:53:39 AM
 Lieutenant Colonel

King of Men wrote:
Would the reason still apply if you can't go over 150 realm size?
Nomads only have one holding per province, and then feast on holdings in provinces they conquer (until it's burned down to just the one). So it would be even worse than the tribals (where all of Scandinavia is, supposedly, a single realm, but they can't extend too far into settled land).
Fimconte
Posted: Sunday, November 05, 2017 8:08:12 AM
 Centurion

I'd guess the way to limit nomad power would be to restrict it to actual number of counties.
Something like 30-50 perhaps.

P.S. Discord link doesn't work, you need to use the invite thingy.

#peacethroughpower
King of Men
Posted: Sunday, November 05, 2017 9:22:26 AM
 Legatus legionis

One Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal

Ah. We did discuss having the limit on counties instead of baronies. Next time around, perhaps.

Sent you an invite.

Read my blog.
Norway Rome The Khanate Scotland Scotinavia Christendie the Serene Republic has always been at war with the Bretons False Empire Caliphate Persians Russians English Hungarians Oceanians Saracen Jackal! Death, death, death to the Frogs barbarians infidels necromancers vodka-drinking hegemonists Sassenach nomad menace Yellow Menace heathen Great Old One!
dragoon9105
Posted: Sunday, November 05, 2017 3:43:00 PM
 Lieutenant General

We have unstable Nomads set on. Its still abusable but since we werent allowing players to start in the east that mitigates things somewhat.

So you either go into settled lands and have to obey the realm size limit or make more nomad lands and have to deal with 30k Angry Horsemen asking for single counties once and a while. Or exploit the game even harder than typical but Nobody is really expecting to play Ck2 to the point where Nomads spiral out of control (They also convert horribly)