Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

EU4 Idea Group Placement Thread Options · View
Ranger9000
Posted: Monday, January 22, 2018 7:36:28 AM
 Captain

Making a repository for this. Here are the 13 national ideas I've come up with so far.

The Commonwealth Set

The Peaceful Colonist

The Keep Builder

The Island Based Pirate (Subject to Change)

The Russia

The Scolking

The Sea Trader

The Mediterranean Migrant

The Colonial Vassalizer

The Siege Master

The WW1 Commander

The Developer

The Humanist
Yami-Yagari
Posted: Monday, January 22, 2018 8:32:45 AM
 Generalmajor

Theyre still rather specialized builds. I"ll see if I cant make more generalized builds asa im home.
Gollevainen
Posted: Monday, January 22, 2018 2:59:10 PM
 Legatus legionis

One Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalAuthor of 50,000th Forum Post

Also do note that aside Yami, all players are somewhat more or less sea-oriented nations...IMO this kinda forces us fighting on the same loot here

Irsh Faq wrote:
I've noted with Golle a trend of stirring up as much drama publicly as he can whenever he's up to something shady in the background. Presumably its a smokescreen strategy.
KhanXLT
Posted: Monday, January 22, 2018 10:16:31 PM
 General

Surprisingly so though, yea
dragoon9105
Posted: Tuesday, January 23, 2018 8:41:11 AM
 Lieutenant General

Alright I built 21 Sets, but apparently the Colonist Set I screenshotted went missing so heres 20.

The Fabian:
Named after the Strategy that kept rome alive against Hannibal. While not a direct military sit, it enables you to fight wars far longer than other players while still packing some punch. Development Cost/Admin Eff combo is Nice too to give some utility.

The Hussar:
Its a Cavalry set, this one is perhaps a bit overpowered compared to the other two later in the list as it more versatile than the others in exchange for being slightly weaker in military.

The Bombard:
The Artillery set, Sorta fixed from last campaign so that the navy buffs no longer exist and thus give the set some weakness. Its less economically viable as well.

Byzantine:
All Rounder Set built around making a very powerful and resilent nation. Double Tradition keeps your Army-Navy Balance from ever being truly 'bad' and Infantry Combat keeps your army from just being paper late game against dedicated military sets. The Attraction here though is +9 States paired with ADM eff and yearly corruption -.1

Spartan:
The name says it all, Full Bore Military set and sort of the infantry opposite to Hussar. You only get a paltry 10% Goods produced and no manpower bonuses, which is intentional as it forces Quantity or Mercs, which this set should h ave trouble affording.

Imperialist:
another all Rounder set that dips into giving some nice colonization bonuses and military bonuses for next to no direct economic benefit. The +2 Merchants and -10% Tech cost +20% Arty Backrow ability are the draws for this set as they enable it to be relevant when the colonization dries up.

Banker:
The Return of one of the Economic Sets. Basically I hybridized it with Mercenary to give it real power this time. Inflation Goods produced and Corruption Reduction basically give this set infinite money lategame Advisor costs give it mana gain, and of course its got all the mercenary bonuses. It is rather squishy without plutocratic to chase it for the Merc bonuses and +10% army morale it stacks ontop.

Captain:
This is a Naval Focused set built around Light Ships. I was sort of caught in a crossroads exactly how good I wanted this to be, and settled on +1 Blockade for siege rather than +20% Naval Width to give the set some actual military power. With this set Light ships should hit far above their weight in superior numbers, the Military Fire and Morale Bonuses keep the set very competitive on land.

Priest:
A Religion Focused set with bonuses to converting land. Its mostly for expanding into ROTW AI, however it does have a discipline-Morale combo, so its competitive late game.

Chancellor:
This is a diplomatic focused set and seems to be rather weak, until you see the Absolutism Combo towards the End. Essentially this set is 'Magikarp' Set, It will be weak for most of the game, but the second absolutism kicks in it will get a boost. Its not the best set, but its a decent all rounder if you plan to be eating AI as it'll also help avoid coalitions.

Mongol:
This is designed case and point for Big Empires that will be using cavalry exclusively. Cough Russia/Manchuria cough. It has some hefty expansion power for peacedeals, Caravan Power to protect inland nodes, Movement speed for getting the Cav around quickly, and Tolerance of Heathens so you don't need to ever actually convert anything.

Viking:
Return of the Infamous set heralds a small mixup of stats. Its now slightly weaker in terms of military but holds far more economic power. Chance of New Heir can be replaced with Republican Tradition .05 for republics, which is better. Main Draw here is Coastal Raiding and also it now sports +2 Tol of Heathens, so it doesn't need missionaries if your playing Pagan.

Cincinnatus:
This ones a power set, Lets not beat around the bush. I designed this set specifically so people would bid on it and bid high. Its got Discipline 5 with a 20 Fire Chaser, COMBINED with +1 YRT and 20% Dev cost. It even has decent economic modifiers. This set is Power incarnate. But, the +1 YRT is useless for Nonrepublics, Meaning you will of course need to bid on a Republican government (Dutch, Merchant, Oligarchic) to use this set at its full potential.

Caesar:
Like its brother above this set is fairly good but not nearly as good. +1 Absolutism, with Discipline and Movement speed is a powerful combo, and theres Tradition Decay too to help it militarily. However outside of this super combo, its got highly conditional picks oriented towards building tall. Really I wanted to make this set better and Probably should switch out some of the useless picks for actual ones to put it on par with Cincinnatus

Impaler:
Do you hate internal unrest? Do you hate Rebels/Natives giving you grief. Do you just want to crush the peasants under your boot and have troops quite literally run away from your armies? Thats what this set does. Its almost imposssible for you to get rebels to a significant degree with this set, you have 20% Shock and 20% Morale giving it heavy military power, and there's a Attrition pick in there too to make fighting you just that extra bit more painful.

Egalitarian:
For those of us feeling a bit more nice. This set is Humanist on a stick basically. Your getting Female Generals and Advisors which is purely cosmetic, and never need to convert anything culture or otherwise and Oh my god wait a second there's +10 Discipline in this set.

Knight:
This is probably the most all rounder of the Cav sets, honestly its not even truly a cav set since all its military ideas together can be used fairly effectively with a mixed force. Like all the military sets its economic power is laughable at best.

Merchant:
So by now im sure your asking where are the economic sets, Meet the big dog. If you like abusing the ingame trade system, this is your set. You will make, all the trade money, all of it and nobody can really stop you outside of, of course attacking you, which is why it has 7.5 Merc discipline, so if you want your cannons late game to be competitive your probably going to be paying through the nose to make your army pure mercenary.

Reservist:
Here is the Quantity has a Quality all its own set. Paired with Quantity you will outnumber your opponent by a significant degree dont really expect it to do much else though.

Emperor:
Since we have HRE in play for conversion, it felt fitting to create an Austria set. Like Austria's vanilla ideas, theres some military power within the set, but otherwise the main focus is keeping the Empire and keeping it Catholic.

Vaniver
Posted: Wednesday, January 24, 2018 2:53:21 AM
 Lieutenant Colonel

My contributions (which could use some edits, probably, as I think the placement of a number of things is wonky, and perhaps some are too similar to other ideas):

The Scholar
A remake of a set from last time, the set focuses on using monarch points effectively and maintaining a tech edge, while eventually having some military punch in 5% discipline and 20% artillery combat ability.

The Mercantilist
A trading set focused on production, its force projection begins with light ships before transferring to mercenaries.

The Supreme Ruler
A somewhat wacky set, this ensures that rulers will never be terrible while doing little else.

The Racehorse
Early cavalry ability and leader siege and maneuver means this set will be effective in early wars, but its military power fades as time goes on, with the focus being on consolidating and profiting from gains already made.

The Friendly Colonizer
A highly specialized set, this one enables the creation of massive and early colonial empires--but has no military ideas, and needs to make up for that deficit elsewhere.

The Switzerland
A set designed to survive and thrive, deterring foreign invasion while developing sufficiently to attract it.

The Large
A set designed for early expansion into a massive empire, fielding more troops instead of better troops.
King of Men
Posted: Wednesday, January 24, 2018 5:53:38 AM
 Legatus legionis

One Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal

Thanks for stepping up and designing some ideas, gentlemen! I think we now have so many that the auction will be rather lengthy, so I suggest we do some winnowing down to a total of 30 sets (or at most 36). To begin with: Dragoon, can you see if there's any of your sets that overlap a lot with Ranger's, Yami's, or Vaniver's ideas, and drop those ones? I'm picking on you because you made the most ideas, sorry!

I think that with the current player numbers, even 30 sets is going to be somewhat overkill. I therefore suggest we do as follows: Once we have it down to 36 sets total, we define 24 of those as core, and two sets of 6 as first and second backups. Then we activate the backups if we get enough players; if we get 13 players we'll have 30 ideas, if we get 16 we'll have 36.

Read my blog.
Norway Rome The Khanate Scotland Scotinavia Christendie the Serene Republic has always been at war with the Bretons False Empire Caliphate Persians Russians English Hungarians Oceanians Saracen Jackal! Death, death, death to the Frogs barbarians infidels necromancers vodka-drinking hegemonists Sassenach nomad menace Yellow Menace heathen Great Old One!
Vaniver
Posted: Tuesday, January 30, 2018 2:14:01 AM
 Lieutenant Colonel

Proposal: the 20 sets listed below are guaranteed to go up for auction, in a random order.

Code:
Emperor
Knight
Pirate
Caesar
Byzantine
Merchant
Bombard
Scholar
Hussar
Imperialist
Friendly Colonizer
Sea Trader
Banker
Mercantilist
Switzerland
Russia
Racehorse
Large
Captain
Cincinnatus

(The way I look at it, this is 12 mil sets, 13 econ sets, 4 naval sets, 2 cav sets, and 2 colonizer sets. 11 made by Dragoon, 3 made by Ranger, 6 made by me.)

After those sets have been auctioned off, anyone can pay X (50?) mana to cause one of the other 20 sets to go up for auction. (This is in addition to the cost of the auction; if I say "let's auction the Priest," then the winner of the resulting auction pays the second highest bid as normal, and I pay 50 regardless of whether or not I won.)

This gives us some robustness to lots of people wanting the same sort of set, while making it unlikely that we'll eat the whole time auctioning off idea sets. It also makes it more expensive to wait for the second version of a set, even tho there will be less competition.
King of Men
Posted: Tuesday, January 30, 2018 6:53:50 AM
 Legatus legionis

We will adopt Vaniver's proposal. These are the 20 ideas that will certainly be auctioned:

Code:
Emperor                                                Knight                                          Island Pirate

Code:
Caesar                                                Scholar                                          Sea Trader

Code:
Byzantine                                             Merchant                                      Bombard

Code:
Hussar                                                Imperialist                                   Friendly Coloniser

Code:
Banker                                                Mercantilist                                    Switzerland

Code:
Racehorse                                            Large                                            Captain

Code:
Russia                                                Cincinnatus

And these are the backup ideas, which cost 50 mana to bring into the auction; the mana may be paid by any combination of players:

Code:
Commonwealth                                     Peaceful Colonist                             Keep Builder

Code:
Scolking                                                  Fabian                                          Spartan

Code:
Mediterranean Migrant                           Colonial Vassalizer                            Humanist

Code:
Siege Master                                        WW1 Commander                               Developer

Code:
Priest                                                  Chancellor                                          Mongol

Code:
Impaler                                               Egalitarian                                          Reservist

Code:
Viking                                 Supreme Ruler

Code:
Blut und eisen                                      Divine right                                      Carpe diem                               Strength through stability

Read my blog.
Norway Rome The Khanate Scotland Scotinavia Christendie the Serene Republic has always been at war with the Bretons False Empire Caliphate Persians Russians English Hungarians Oceanians Saracen Jackal! Death, death, death to the Frogs barbarians infidels necromancers vodka-drinking hegemonists Sassenach nomad menace Yellow Menace heathen Great Old One!
Yami-Yagari
Posted: Tuesday, January 30, 2018 7:07:33 AM
 Generalmajor

Bah, too late. Oh well, review and use if suited.

Blut und eisen.

By divine right.

Carpe diem.

Strength through stability.

King of Men
Posted: Tuesday, January 30, 2018 7:19:19 AM
 Legatus legionis

Dammit, that looked nice in the preview.

Read my blog.