Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

The Pious Brunei Options · View
laxspartan007
Posted: Monday, February 12, 2018 4:07:47 AM
 Corporal

Brunei, a fledgling nation, has great aspirations. To one day unite the lands and islands of the west Philippines. Kutai it seems, has the singular goal of thwarting our protagonists in this story. Therefore Brunei, the honorable Feudal Theocracy that it is, determines that Kutai will meet the fate of all non believers of the true faith of sunni. It seems that the unification of Borneo under one banner is imminent. As word spreads of the Ming dynastic downfall, it is as if all those that once were in check are now free to fend for themselves and plow out an empire on the fertile lands of the east. The embers of feuds that once glistened in the night are now sparks and flames that will forge Asia into an immersive battlefield.

Brunei is under immense pressure from the growing Malaccan influence, unfortunately there is no single nation willing or able to check the economic dominance of Malacca. This will lead to a large scale conflict later on, but at the moment Brunei must focus on unifying the largest island in the archipelago so as to not have the worry of pesky land boarders. The time to strike an empire is now as china and japan are in the midst of civil war. The worrying news that leaks out from the west of wars that span continents is worrisome at best. It is just a matter of time until an outsider brings a heathen religion to this side of the unknown expanse of the world. Expanding into colonized lands will be a focal point of the Brunei government. The peaceful taming and education of the natives about the one true faith will surely bring together the peoples of south east Asia against any outside opposition.

The state of Asia with five emerging names in the from of Brunei, Korea, Oda, Wu, and Yue is troubling to say the least. As the most Southern of the emerging nations, Brunei has the opportunity to not be blocked in. Expansion while there is time will be the key to survival. Alliances will be forged to determine the fate of the Chinese mainland and the Asian coastline. The question still remains if Asia will be united, even loosely, by the time Europe knocks down the door to colonize and claim land.

The Turmoil in the close west in the form of a broken India is something to consider when picking questionable fights in that direction. Looking south to the large deserted barely inhabited continent island that is mostly barren is mostly armed natives that worship a sect of heathen known as Animism. These savages most be educated as to inaugurate them into civilization and claim their lands as Brunei and sow the land with prosperity. The minor nations to the east will learn of what living near the bright light of messenger of the true faith feels like in the form of vassalization and assimilation. These established nations will form the backbone of future colonies in the area for our protagonists in this story, the Feudal Theocracy, the honorable, Brunei of Sunni.
laxspartan007
Posted: Monday, February 12, 2018 4:08:54 AM
 Corporal

Brunei, the great, the powerful, and definitely not the weak, has had its hands busy this session. Almost immediately there was a war for conquest declared on Kutai. The war was won easily however the underhanded mud puppets in Sunda felt the overwhelming need to join in on the losing side. This proved as an easy way to rack up over expansion for our beloved Brunei. Our glorious military forces moved victorious forces into native territory and wrestled control of the sea away from the pitiful opposition using the might of a twenty stack of light and transport ships. The Brunei army marched into Sunda with only the opposition of a small "army", seeing how most of their troops were extinguished on Borneo. Occupation came quickly and with no sweat on the brow of our dear ruler. The war was swiftly won and Sunda peaced out for ducats, war reparations, and two territories. During this war Majapahit decided it was a good time as ever to consume the rest of Sunda. Brunei, seeing as this would not go over well long term, decided something must be done about its other rival immediately. Kutai, the arch rival of Brunei was peaced out for all but the inland territory and turned into a very angry, reluctant, and unruly vassal.

The second major conflict was a sanctioned holy war by our head of state. Majapahit could not be allowed to run away with the rest of Java. Our glorious recovering military might was already stationed on Java in our holdings. The stage was set, military maintenance already sky high and holy war was issued. Majapahit's "superior" numbers were taken down by suprisng their fractured army as they lay siege to Sunda. They had occupied most of Sunda but were routed to the east, it was only a matter of time. Unfortunately, Sunda, the cowards they are, agreed to no longer exist while the war was under way to release them from the grasp of Majapahit. The land fight was won with casualties sustained on both sides and zero man power maintained for months while the glorious Brunei besieged Majapahit's provinces. finally the last province, the capitol was under siege with only the two outlying islands not occupied. Despite the blockade, Majapahit, even with 100% war score, would not give up the territories that Brunei wanted, mainly what Sunda once was, They claimed that they would not give it up while they still owned a fort in the area. It took a year before the mighty military leaders, in all of their splendor, realized they lacked the manpower, in the form of infantry, to completely encompass the capitol and properly lay siege. Upon realization of this and that the manpower reserves were non existent as Brunei had been recruiting all males over the age of twelve from the local populace as well as from back home, a deal was cut. Majapahit may live for ducats, war reparations, the two islands that were not devastated (More on this later), and release of Sunda as a nation once more.

It would seem all is well and Brunei could relish in this conquest as war after 12 years, is finally over. This was simply not the case. The 9 loans had to be repaid, the peasants scream of taxes, the separatists are gathering at all edges of the empire. The Missionaries had their work cut out for them, as the simplest solution is show them the true faith and how life is much better as a Sunni. During the time of great "prosperity" there was one peasant uprising, angry over "unfair taxes", 14 thousand peasants were crushed under the might of our troops augmented by mercenaries. A few years later a full blown Civil War occurred, this was more of a blow to the Brunei government as the stability dropped to negative three. With the taking out of loans back to 9 and hiring of mercenaries and raising troops back to where no teenager is not holding a spear, the rebellion was put down as they march, encompass, and lay siege to the capitol. After this unfortunately the army had to be disbanded for monetary reasons. The navy transport wing had been disbanded long ago and now the army was non existent, all in the name of paying back loan sharks.

Back to the islands that were taken from Majapahit, in particular Mali, there were talking among the populace of an uprising. Mali rebels were getting restless with their independence support from the local population growing per month. While our mighty government was recruiting troops to end the inevitable uprising, they launched an attack for their Independence and won while half of the troops were ready. Instead of fighting today, Brunei decided to fight tomorrow, granted the heathens their independence, and continued paying back loans, as one had to be taken out to train troops to fight Bali rebels.

In the Intermediary months/years of trying to sustain my country, an emerging major Chinese nation accepted support when it was offered in the form of the now less prestigious navy of Brunei. A temporary alliance was formed and call to arms sent, Brunei gracefully accepted. not much was accomplished and the promise of land troops if needed were empty and unfulfilled as there were no transports to board troops onto nor army to send. However in the end, the Chinese overcame the Chinese and a deal was signed that rewarded the allies with one ducat. With that Brunei said goodbye to their temporary ally and continued protecting trade nodes with what was left of the military.

A few years pass and Kutai could not take being under and ruled by Brunei. Kutai was guaranteed Independence by Majapahit and Sunda. The flame was lit and Kutai's military grew to a laughable size of three thousand, they declared independence, Sunda and Majapahit moved their fleets into the are and landed troops on the south eastern coast. All seemed grim for Brunei, the crown watched the lands burn as the army was raised from nothing. However, there was hope on the horizon as Sulu and Pasai came to the aid of their ally for the first time and landed troops on Borneo. Pasai it seemed, had plans on conquest as they lay siege to the lone Kutai Provence after fending off their army. Sulu started fighting Sunda troops and all was well in the world. This is where Brunei starts to form a competent army to move in with and also where the session ends. What happens next will surely be for the history books that Brunei will inevitably be in charge of writing as the victor.
laxspartan007
Posted: Tuesday, February 20, 2018 9:41:18 AM
 Corporal

It is done! Kutai is no more and Brunei commands dominance over Borneo! In this defensive war, Brunei has gained lands from Sunda and Majapahit in java as well as emptied their coffers and depleted their armies. Shorty thereafter, with the battle fervor from victory, a claim was gained on Sulu and troops were landed on the shores of Makassar. A new war as the last ends, Sulu was occupied in months, their troops retreated into the jungle where natives consumed their flesh, the navy was captured mostly intact. Diplomatic relations were had with Tarnate and troops were landed there and marched south to Tidore. The island nation was blockaded with the might of 10+ ships and the nation conquered with even more ships captured. Peace was made for land and now it was all about converting the non-believers into pious Sunni subjects. in the process of this task, somone claimed to have created a new religion called Sikhism. These Sikhs will be converted as well, or they may attempt to taint us with their man made religion.

In the process of settling down with my new conquered lands, I offered some of the larger nations assistance if they so needed it. Bihar asked for troops with an upcoming war with its neighbors. I agreed but before the second half of my army could reach the shores of the East Indies, the first battle was had and a quarter of my total army laid in ruin. After retreating to the depths of India proper and using the rest of my manpower, my army was reunited and at full strength. Brunei fought well, occupied an entire belligerent and blockaded the coastline but alas, it was not enough. The next two battles that involved an army from nearly every nation involved were losses for the side of Bihar. This did not bode well and Brunei had to take its leave from the battlefield and with Bihar the best of luck.

While out fighting wars that will be forgotten to the history books, Yue and Hosakawa expressed interest in the earlier offer. Yue requested ground troops, of which there are few left, for a war moving south, and Hosakawa asked for a navy as well as an army. as such my navy was sent to Japan and army to mainland Asia. My army was too late for the final battles and Yue mopped up the siege of provinces before my troops could and my navy sat near japan waiting for a fight. By the time my army was rotated to japan, the war was over and not one battle to be had. With that, I took my leave and returned the military home.

Some time during this lull in fighting, Majapahit stabbed Sunda in the back and took all of their territory as its own. This is bad for Brunei as a strong aggressive Majapahit on the border will always be a threat.

While rebuilding the army and filling the ranks, a request was sent to Yue to make a claim on Khmer, where the mighty Brunei would control the sea and land troops and Yue would only need to send a small force to occupy lands. All went according to plan and Khmer was partitioned to allow Brunei to control the southern coast and take some well deserved ducats.

Soon after this took place, the Bihar war came to a close and so in the agreed upon truce, where Brunei was not a party in the negotiations, an economic blockade was had on Brunei and so was placed on an illegitimate sanctions list. This did not go well in Brunei as now the government could not take loans. As a result of the new war for land against Khmer, the great nation of Brunei plunged into civil war with little money in the coffers, unable to take out loans, and a minimal amount of manpower.

Desperate times befell the government of Brunei, the rebels caught the army off guard and with little morale, as a result the army was down to only a few thousand troops. After consolidating the troops into full regiments and some creative financial work, mercenaries filled the ranks in the army. After deciding that money was in fact an object, Yue was called in to help crush the rebels along side the regular Brunei troops. Buy the end of the Civil War Brunei had no regular army, the mercenaries were disbanded, and the country started the rebuilding process. This is where we leave the country for the time being.
King of Men
Posted: Sunday, February 25, 2018 7:51:35 AM
 Legatus legionis

One Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal

Please don't forget to cross-post to the Paradox thread!

Read my blog.
Norway Rome The Khanate Scotland Scotinavia Christendie the Serene Republic has always been at war with the Bretons False Empire Caliphate Persians Russians English Hungarians Oceanians Saracen Jackal! Death, death, death to the Frogs barbarians infidels necromancers vodka-drinking hegemonists Sassenach nomad menace Yellow Menace heathen Great Old One!
laxspartan007
Posted: Monday, March 05, 2018 2:05:44 AM
 Corporal

Brunei started in a bad spot with loans out the wazzu, after the war that Bihar lost, an economic disaster has struck. With the empire unable to take out loans, and a war to be fought against rebels, The empire of Brunei is in two thousand ducats of loans. The rebuilding process involved selling off provinces to Ayutthaya and loaning out provinces to Mahalavos to pay down my debt, as well as getting petty pay out from larger powers.

In a war that was suppose to destroy Khmer, as the war leader i accidentally peaced out for one instead of two territories, and that lead to Yue invading for the rest. This was suppose to serve as a staging ground for Ayutthaya to invade Chompa, but lacking those territories, I just sold off Phnom Penh, Prek Russey, and Teuk Khmao for some petty ducats and to allow expansion of an ally.

Directly after the war with Khmer and before the war with Chompa, there was a large war that i am still unsure how it unfolded, where Siak, Malacca, and Pasai were fighting Ayutthaya, and I was called in. I accepted but knew I couldn't do anything so at some point Yue was contacted for assistance. Yue sent enough of an army, in conjunction with Ayutthaya, the enemy horde was pushed back and a white peace agreed to.

While preparing to war again with Chompa, I was unfortunate enough to have another national disaster occur in my territory, this time it was caused because of lack of religious unity. Sikh spawned inside my borders and as such cannot be removed and so I will never have 100% religious unity, its not my fault. Ayutthaya was called upon to send aid where my army could not tackle the problem. After about eight to twelve months, the revolt was finally put down with swords.

Events of note include Yue colonizing the Andamans in the area of Pasai, Wake island off in the pacific, and the Indians moving south east. Malacca and Siak ate alot of Pasai, thus Pasai looks down for the count. Mahalavos is raiding from their territory on loan and the income is rolling in.

Once preparations were made, Chompa was moved on in the north by our good friends in Ayutthaya, and in the south Majapahit invaded my territory and Makassar invaded my territory moving west. This was acceptable because I was assured that after Chompa was occupied, Majapahit would be next. Chompa is allied with Majapahit, Makassar, and Bali, of those, all but Chompa border me in some way. This may seem like a lop sided war but all i have to do is wait for Ayutthaya to occupy their enemy and then move in with me on Majapahit for the final blow.

The alliances I have forged with the newly minted nation of Mahalavos straddling India and Ayutthaya to my north are working out in my favor. Korea has expressed interest in keeping the south European and invader free, so wants to help us grow in size, power, and military force limit.
laxspartan007
Posted: Saturday, March 10, 2018 10:39:06 PM
 Corporal

Word is Spreading about a new name for the glorious Brunei, it seems we may have outgrown our historical border, and thus outgrown our name. These whispers seem to say that the nation should represent all the peoples within the Malayan culture group. At the same time, it seems Sikh is gaining traction in the people as an accepted religion.

Colonialism has gone into overdrive in the past 40 years. with the majority of Borneo colonized except for one of the Indian nations claims, and the entire area beneath Siak colonized so no one could swoop in. Some expansions were made in the Philippines as well. The plan is to consolidate the uninhabited lands near to our great nation in the next 50 years.

Last session we helped The Oligarchic Republic of Ayutthaya conquer the lands of chompa (by giving them land access via lands transferred) and in return they helped us conquer lands in Java. After this war, The army was prepared again for the taking of Siak and Malacca. Korea pledged troops and ships for a monetary payout, the enemy was underestimated and with Ayutthaya joining, troops flowed over the border to the north and south before finally a counterattack was formed and the war turning in our favor. Our neighbors to the north grew in influence southward with claims on the peninsula, while we continued to propagate westward on the island with Pasai and Siak.

In this time of wars and expansion, Leon set up shop next door with the conquest of bali and and the colonization of the island to the east. Afer Ultima seized what was left of Pegu as a vassal and now the European great powers have arrived and it is chilling. We must expand while we can, their presence is a taint on these traditionally Asian lands.

Brunei has achieved massive gains in the last 40 years, development more than doubled, income more than quadrupled, standing army more than tripled, The navy has gone from the days of devastation and 4 vessels, transforming into a fighting force of 39 strong including 8 heavies. This has put Brunei back on the map when comparing to other nations, Our tech continues to lag behind but that will be rectified soon hopefully.

Our victory cards landed on lands we already own or lands we will own soon. All is going well and if we can continue to have similar fortunes in the next few decades than all will be well and great things will be in store for our glorious nation. Pasai may have seized on the battered coalition of Siak and Malacca but soon they will be taken by Brunei and the entire archipelago will be under control by Brunei and all riches under direct, indirect, or influenced by Brunei. The minors that are alive and kicking that are in the surrounding waters will be warred immediately to wrest control of the sea and lands that occupy riches in their soil.

The great Indian war is underway and we watch from afar as our allies fight a horde of Indians that seem to flood across the border with no end in sight. One hundred thousand Indians have already been committed to fighting and we hope for the best to our allies but there is not much we can do to help. We have not been called in to help and hope we don't but we are honor bound to help if called to do so.
laxspartan007
Posted: Monday, March 19, 2018 6:02:05 AM
 Corporal

Praise be to Brunei, or Brulaya, or Malaya. It seems as someone has just cut the name Brunei off all official documents and renames the country the culture group that the majority of the populace is in, at least we still have the one true religion Sunni to guide us!

Our colonists have been working overtime with three and four colonies at a time with only 2 colonists. The Europeans are moving in, Korea is moving south, and the Indians are moving east. All of this indicates that the area must be colonized fast, and with the Australian trade node opening up, there is a lot of land to go around to all the wrong people.

In other news, Victory cards dropped and it seems most of South East Asia is in a good spot with the victory cards landing either on AI or our own territories. For Malaya, Pasai and what was once Maja are where the cards landed and that wont be a problem. Pasai was farmed for mana this session via a war won, but then it was made clear to take pasai as soon as possible instead of letting it fall to another.

Ayyuthaya has eliminated Pasai to the north, where the former Malacca was residing, and now it is Malaya's turn to take what is rightfully ours! Tarnate has become a Vassal this session and some of their colonies were assimilated, now they will colonize for us! Occatania has moved into the area in a big way and that is alarming in its own way, as Leon had colonized and declared war but stopped grabbing territory for the most part.

Our income, Army size, Manpower limit, Navy and Naval capacity all increased by a fair margin all thanks to a heavy investment in industry. This was made on existing lands and newly formed colonies, as the profits to be made on spices and exotic goods in Asia are numerous. Our friends Ayyu and Mahav to the north and north west are standing shoulder to shoulder with us in the expansion process and we have all agreed to become the Sikh Brotherhood in the near to far future. Sikh will dominate Asia and Australia, we will hopefully spread it to the new world as well.

Yue and Japan seem to be stagnant, where Yue is having trouble eating Lan Xang, and Japan slowly being chiseled away by Korea, whom is doing fantastic. Korea and Jinshi are the two big names and will continue to be the powers in the area unless a shake up occurs via one vs the other or the snake from Europe finally does something to Korea, instead of just looking at him weird.

As closing notes, it depends on what Yue, Occatania, and Ayyuthaya do, that will effect us in our colonial gains in South East Asia. As it stands either one of them could slow down or cause a major problem in our territorial acquisitions in the area, however plans are being made up and soon destiny will decide our fate.
laxspartan007
Posted: Sunday, March 25, 2018 8:35:51 AM
 Corporal

Alas, we have lost Tarnate, But all is not lost as Pasai is beginning the Annexation phase of their meager life. Tarnate immediately upon bringing a war to our doorstep via the Indians, basically flooding Indians over the border of Ayyuthaya until the nation demanded i make the war end. Pasai was fully occupied and peaced out, but Tarnate got away with its life and independence. They squandered the short lived freedom as they immediately became a Vassal or Tributary of Korea. This is the state of my Vassal's and previous Vassals, and Tarnate will be rectified, so help me and my Sunni God, Tarnate will be mine!

The Colonial region of The Philippines will be fully colonized this decade, along with the beginnings of a Central New World Colony. It seems that some colonies in the islands off Australia wish to become a Colonial Nation very soon. Troops are stationed off Islands in the south New World coast ready to defend potential colonies. The southern New World just needs to become less hostile in 1660s and after. This will allow us to begin colonization right next to global powers and such. At the same time across the globe, India will open up for anyone to take. Mahavalos will surely have the first bite, with Medina and Tazzo right behind. I however, am looking at the islands to the south of the main land of India and the islands of Madagascar. This should allow me to open up and spread out from the cramped three trade nodes i have been trapped in.

Jinshi released Yue, and Yue came to the other South Asia Minors to talk about a coalition resistance against the larger neighbor. An agreement was made, and Ayyu, Mahavalos, and Malaya started building an army and navy. Ayyu, seeing the political climate, and acting on another agreement, Became a Tributary of Jinshi. This put the rest of the Coalition in a tough spot. Mahavalos was losing wars in India and Malaya cannot fight a land war. The decision the abandon Yue's Ship was made by everyone except Yue himself. War came to Yue in the form of Jinshi and Korea. Yue came to Malaya for support and to join the war on their side. Malaya smartly but somewhat dishonorably refused to join the war on Yue's side. Jumping on the band wagon, Ayyu asked if Malaya would join a separate war against the falling Yue, and we accepted as Yue had holding in the area to our immediate everywhere. The Leader of Yue committed ritualistic suicide before the enemy troops could make it half way to the capital. Thus ending all relation with Yue by the former friends to the south. Yue at this point was a lost cause as a self proclaimed nation. Soon they will be a lot smaller and a Tributary of Jinshi again, this time by force.

Things are looking Up for Malaya, as the Technology gap for the most part is decreasing, and Ducats per month is increasing. Colonization is going splendid and allies are growing strong. Unfortunately we are a Tributary to another, but that will last as long as it must before we become fully independent again. At least we can say we went willingly unlike some others.
laxspartan007
Posted: Sunday, April 08, 2018 7:32:12 AM
 Corporal

So, there was a 10 years war where the Indians invaded and occupied Borneo for the majority of that time...Yeah...But on the bright side the war was won and Mahavalos, gained territory in the Indian trade node, Ayutthaya gained lots of ducats and the great Malaya united Borneo and gained a few territories in the surrounding region. New Zealand is now Malayan Australia and will in the future be named New Malaya. It doesn't quite have 10 territories but it will soon. This coming session will see the opening of eastern Africa, and South America. Both of these are exciting because they are reachable by Malayan colonists.\

There will be some inevitable friction between Jinshi and Korea, however there will be no war with them this session, as such it seems like the retributization will occur, with Malaya, Mahavalos, and Ayutthaya under Jinshi, Along with Japan. This will form a strong bond/alliance in the east and south eastern Asia region. The Europeans and westerners, those being Occatainia, Leon, Ranger, and Tazzo in the area will be pressed to war any of us together. Hopefully the deterrent of a mostly united Asia, saving Korea of course, will turn away land grabbers just trying to expand for cheap.

A few misfortunes have taken Malaya in this last session, along with devastation, and being occupied for the better part of a decade. Rebels, Rebels everywhere, Tarnate, and Sulu have decided to declare independence, Sulu was grabbed by occatania and Tarnate will be grabbed by myself again. Oh and the great ruler has left his religion of Sunni "Accidentally" and started worshiping Sikhism, What Madness!

As for colonization, We have moved east a bit and secured all uncolonized land in Molucca. Yue has been broken many times and now only hold a few lands, he lost his lands in the new world as well as Australia. My eye is on Hawaii (Currently owned by Yue), Islands off Madagascar and The island off South America's West coast. Kahn is alarming us in the South Eastern Asia region for his explosive expansion in the area, nabbing him a top Great Power slot. He would be a good friend to have but it seems that he would not get along with the great and powerful overlord Jinshi, hail to the Dragon Throne.

I may have had a few Decisions to execute and clicked them without reading (Thinking i knew what they were) and it turns out I agreed to ho Sikh from Sunni. This left me with a cool -2 Stability and -50 Prestige as well as changing the religion so that most of my people don't want to pay their taxes. So that's cool, unrest is at an all time high and taxes an all time low. This is how nations collapse. It seems the Divine Wind of the Almighty Spirit in the Sky may fix all that as it happened in the last year of the session and way an accident that would otherwise fracture, split and implode my nation. Not that I need help to do that.
laxspartan007
Posted: Sunday, April 15, 2018 9:04:45 AM
 Corporal

Pasai is now Malaya, it only took 20 years to annex! What a record breaking achievement to befall the glorious Malaya. Korea transferred ownership of northern Australia, and now Australian Malaya has 11 provinces! This allows us to have something like 6 merchants. Now if something can be done about the African that is steering trade away from us...

Colonization has continued in South New World and now opportunities are to be had with our neighbors. Our last significant neighbors the Kalachuris(?) are no longer, as we have taken them by force in one swift war. They only owned provinces in Australia and bordering that trade node to the west. The Island near Madagascar that I had my eye on was colonized by Great Britain as soon as he could send his colonizers. This is unfortunate but not surprising. South america was more forgiving as I snagged two more provinces in a place referred to as Chile, in the Andes mountains.

Income, Development, and Military are all on track to be relevant on the minor world stage as Jinshi has propped up our government as long as we keep the monarch points flowing. The second tier of economic Ducat earning building have just unlocked and now I must mass produce them with my approximate treasure room full of ducats that I call my Treasury.

It seems the Latins are looking to dip their feet into the region as they have ended up with Hawaii after a war with Occatania where Occatania had their fleet destroyed and land taken. This is unfortunate, however a less powerful European presence and the World Police showing up isn't the worst. As will be discussed below, other Europeans now have a presence in the area as well, although this is bad, more less powerful presences are better than one more powerful presence.

War! War has broken out between a united Asia and the explosive colonizer Occatania. Korea called in Japan and Malaya against Occatania, where Ayutthaya called in Mahavalos and Jinshi. The second alliance of Asian powers made a peace deal after more Europeans came to Occatania's aid. The Norsemen came and occupied some land and two forts so they were brought to the peace negotiation table quickly so that the main war could still be fought. They only requested Christmas island to peace out, that being said, the small sacrifice was made so that more land could be grabbed in the longer term war. However, the war between the first alliance and the Great Britain/Occatania Alliance is still ongoing. There was an 'upset victory' as it is being called, of Malayan and Japanese ships versus a twice as large all heavy fleet from Great Britain, where the Asians won and routed the Europeans for the time being.

This war will either go well or it wont, sink or swim, it is Asia versus aggressor colonialists form a far off land that have no business being here. Our other Asian friends can join in another 4 years but I do believe they are shifting their attention to other Areas of Operation. This war we will be on our own.
laxspartan007
Posted: Sunday, April 22, 2018 9:17:08 PM
 Corporal

The war of aggression against Occitaina is over! with our war leader going AI it was not a good idea to prolong the war, so a peace was had, Japan was to get Taiwan, Malaya was to received two provinces in the Philippines, Milan and Maguindanao. One of these was a trade center and the other was a higher developed province, these were the territories that meant something of pretty much all that was occupied.

So, India didn't go as planned, but when do plans go according to plan anyway. Mahavalos received a large chunk of India, Japans swooped in for a bite of the west coast, Scandinavia, and the Latins took the southern regions. There was a large war immediately upon the region opening, with everyone jumping in as soon as they could, we sent our armies in to occupy and battle to a degree of success, unfortunately there was high attrition rates. It took many years to get the war score high enough to take the lands that Mahavalos wanted. Malaya peacd out after transferring lands because the war exhaustion was taking a toll.

It seems that there is a revolving door when it comes to players in Asia and Asian influence (Occitania) because Hadogei keeps going AI, Japan just finally found a permanent after three tries, one player quit after being forced out, Korea is constantly Subbed or AI or replaced. This is very difficult for diplomacy as it limits who I can continue diplomacy with and who I must restart diplomacy with, favors are not replayed and plans are scrapped.

There is a Stink in the air of Asia and I wouldn't be surprised if there is another global struggle in the sphere of influence of china/korea. Hadogei and Japan are questionable as to their goals and intentions.

We have some built up provinces in South America, the trade node opens up in 1744 and we should be able to colonize but transfer territories for payment. Cash out south america, if you will. There are a lot of moving parts in south america and Malaya is not big enough defend the colonial gains from that.

The economy of Malaya is doing pretty well and as long as we stay in peace, we shall continue to prosper, we shall try to make the diplomacy happen so that we wont have to be in a war for a long while.
laxspartan007
Posted: Sunday, April 29, 2018 5:54:04 PM
 Corporal

Some have called it "The end of an Era", I call it a cluster fuck engulfed in flames. That is, the wars and politics in Asia. It didn't have to be this way, as everything was kinda sorta dandy for awhile, that is, after Yue was systematically murdered. But now we, being morally superior of course, find ourselves in this situation. Japan masterminded a war of aggression against Jinshi, flipped Korea, recruited the Latins and English, then didn't join in on the war, instead watched idly by and waited for land somewhere else to grab. Malaya, not being told about this, was allied to both parties. China and Ayuttaya not knowing how to call me in, dropped me as a Tribute only to request me to ally them and join the war. In that time, Korea sent a Call to Arms. A decision was made to not join the side I was sure to lose.

90 thousand Malaya troops crossed into Ayuttaya land and began the siege. By the time Ayuttaya realized what had happened, the first fort was taken (it was taken at some point, this is just how I choose to remember it). Malayan troops were confronted and pushed back across the straight. this is where the cold portion of the very hot war began. Approximately 90 thousand Malayan troops starred into the abyss that was a land crossing over at 80 thousand Ayutthayan troops that could surely win a one on one. Neither one of us knew who would win an engagement attacking over sea, a landing of troops on the beached Malaya occupied. This was never tested as Malaya owned the Sea up until the Europeans arrived to spoil the party. In this time of blankly starring at each other, Jinshi desperately needed more troops to fight the truly massive battles in the north. There were scrimmages over the Australian outback and Papua New Guinea over control of the area to tick up or down war score. This is also when 30 thousand-ish troops from Malaya were sent to attach to the Latins for cannon fodder. And it seemed they have did their job as manpower started to plummet.

Before the war was in the bag, literally half of Europe declared war on Malaya, I guess to skirt Italy? but then they just Allied me and opened up another front in Europe. Of which it sounds they lost. We were getting invaded and attacked left and right, the stright was no longer held and an invasion by Ayutthaya was on the table but never pursued as neither of us knew who would win a beach landing. after losing my colonial nation in New Zealand and agreeing to take my such large force of 30k troops out of Asia, the bad men stopped touching me.

This is when Japan attacked, and systematically started occupying everything, but alas Korea was by my side. This did not matter as much because they were decimated from the largest land and sea war in two centuries. This is where we leave off, with the slow demise of Malaya. or is it? I mean, it probably is, but what if not?
laxspartan007
Posted: Sunday, May 06, 2018 5:50:48 PM
 Corporal

The war with japan was set to get messy upon year start of 1747. This war was perpetuated by Mahavalos with the assistance of Leon and Occitania to occupy Japanese lands in India and retake lands in the Philippines currently being occupied by Japan from Malaya. This of course didn't go to plan because even though Medina said they would stay out of it, they insisted on defending their ally japan in India. Even upon stating they are only defending japan and not invading Mahavalos, the ruler lost his backbone yet again and white peaced out immediately. This action took our Allies with him and alas, japan occupied the majority of Malaya and took the majority of the Philippines. After the loss of this territory and and the loss of a friend, our king decided to take a hiatus to go on a vacation where he ate what some would call "Breakfast".

Upon the return of our dear ruler, he found the empire in a state of being invaded and thus casually informed the powers at be. The war goals that should have been clearly set out at the beginning of the invasion were not given until asked for probably a year after the war started (I don't know when the war started, I wasn't here). The Latin Empire paired with Medina decided to come to my aid and a long war ensued.

This war saw about 85% of my lands become occupied before foreign troops landed to help, the massive increase in forts over the last 50 years helped with the slow pace of occupation. A beachhead was established across from Ayutthaya, whom was AI this session. The slow crawl to kick the Asians out of Java ensued and thus this just became a naval war. The problem with this is Japan's Sailors are the best in the world and thus even with overwhelming numbers and the best troops and tech in the game, the Latin navy and Medina's navy could not defeat Japan in a 1v2, definitely not a 2v2 with Jinshi's ships. So a plan was hatched to keep japan's ships in place by striking with one fleet and then the other in a fashion that slowly deteriorated they hull integrity. During this time small raiding parties sent my Malaya were harassing the occupied land by landing 1k troops in 1 transport at a time, thus requiring the diversion of a small fleet and landing party to stop my subversiveness.

There was finally a peace deal made where Jinshi received one island to supposedly trade England for the land back that they took in the last great Asian war, and Japan took the last Philippines province to complete their collection. This will hopefully but probably not be the last invasion for land by the Asian players, this is because Malaya cannot defend itself, even with quality,. quantity and on par Military Tech, we start with half or less morale in battles even against rebels. So this is fun, trying to exist and all.