Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Eu4-Victoria 2 Take II Options · View
Mark0628
Posted: Sunday, June 10, 2018 12:04:39 PM
 Major

One Year Membership Medal

also we should be allowed to buy prestige i dont see double dipping as a bad thing as long as its priced appropriately. also i want a bid
dragoon9105
Posted: Sunday, June 10, 2018 10:04:05 PM
 Lieutenant General

Prestige effectively determines buying order at the start alongside mil so all buying prestige would do is tax the people who bothered to pat attention to score at all
Mark0628
Posted: Sunday, June 10, 2018 10:40:16 PM
 Major

dragoon9105 wrote:
Prestige effectively determines buying order at the start alongside mil so all buying prestige would do is tax the people who bothered to pat attention to score at all

i still dont see why buying prestige is a bad thing, if were allowing buying literacy we should allow buying prestige? is it an issue if someone spends all there points on prestige instead of literacy?
King of Men
Posted: Tuesday, June 12, 2018 8:08:53 AM
 Legatus legionis

One Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal

Latest mod is getting pretty close to final as far as code goes. Please take a look, see if there are either major issues or minor tweaks to be made. At this point I won't be doing new features; only serious bugs or stuff that requires next to zero work will be changed.

Read my blog.
Norway Rome The Khanate Scotland Scotinavia Christendie the Serene Republic has always been at war with the Bretons False Empire Caliphate Persians Russians English Hungarians Oceanians Saracen Jackal! Death, death, death to the Frogs barbarians infidels necromancers vodka-drinking hegemonists Sassenach nomad menace Yellow Menace heathen Great Old One!
James Craig
Posted: Tuesday, June 12, 2018 7:43:22 PM
 1st Lieutenant

How exactly do we go about using our scores to purchase anything? we have talked about it quite a bit but was anything decided? I assume this needs done for the 17th, but what is the format? Are we chopping decisions as buyable options now that the mod is basically done?

Vae Victis!
King of Men
Posted: Wednesday, June 13, 2018 7:15:04 AM
 Legatus legionis

James Craig wrote:
How exactly do we go about using our scores to purchase anything? we have talked about it quite a bit but was anything decided? I assume this needs done for the 17th, but what is the format? Are we chopping decisions as buyable options now that the mod is basically done?

Make a post in the thread I'm about to create, or send me a PM - here or on Discord.

Read my blog.
Norway Rome The Khanate Scotland Scotinavia Christendie the Serene Republic has always been at war with the Bretons False Empire Caliphate Persians Russians English Hungarians Oceanians Saracen Jackal! Death, death, death to the Frogs barbarians infidels necromancers vodka-drinking hegemonists Sassenach nomad menace Yellow Menace heathen Great Old One!
Tazzzo
Posted: Thursday, June 14, 2018 6:25:52 AM
 Captain

An agreement between Medina and the Empire of Japan

Transfer the overlordship and sphereship of the Nation New Medina from Medina to Japan

Transfer the ownership of the following provinces from Japan to Medina

-Baroda #1295
-Nasik #1298
-Poona #1299
-Surat #1296
-Aurangabad #1284
-Bidar #3304
-Amarati #1278
-Nagpur #1277
James Craig
Posted: Thursday, June 14, 2018 7:32:14 AM
 1st Lieutenant

I wonder what the new medinans think about this =P

Vae Victis!
James Craig
Posted: Thursday, June 14, 2018 8:50:48 AM
 1st Lieutenant

So I finally got my computer to run vicky (By wiping the whole damn thing back to factory install!) and got a look at the mod. My first observation was that I had Neo-Italian culture. This seemed odd but I had heard a little talk about it from dragoon and just assumed that it had been decided on while I wasn't looking. Im good with that. What i'm not ok with is the rest of my neighbors not getting the same treatment. There is no colonial Portuguese or anglo saxon. From what I gather it looks like im the only one who has been given this treatment. For this I would like an explanation.

The second thing that caught my attention was tech. Apparently I am nearly an unciv in this regard. I have all of 3 techs researched. Given tht I was on AI control for the last session and the nature of how tech would convert for the majority of the game, I believe I am entitled to a fix if not for the obscurity then at least as an AI damage fix. Im not asking to be placed near the top or anything of the sort, but 3 techs is absurd. My neighbors all apparently have triple or even quadruple my number of techs across all fields.

The third thing I noticed involved RGOs (I think? Actually im not sure this is necessarily an RGO but its my best guess). Somehow as south america I have not a single precious metal in all of the continent. I think the same can be said for europe and the rest of the world as well because I couldnt find any at all. This might seem minor so some nations but its actually pretty important to me regarding my economy. Things like that help stabilize and boost cashflow. This is something I would like to see fixed if at all possible.

The fourth and final thing (For tonight) is that a large event appears to be giving non existent SA nations cores over their territories along with creating cores for the U.S. and other nations. This may need removed.

Vae Victis!
Ranger9000
Posted: Thursday, June 14, 2018 10:45:55 AM
 Captain

Given Mamluk Government was given the choice of picking which successor government it had, I'm choosing Democracy for Atlassia instead of the current HM government
Tazzzo
Posted: Thursday, June 14, 2018 1:02:54 PM
 Captain

It seems we don't get the plurality or prestige from inventions if we start with them, please fix as many players miss out on 20% plurality due to this.
King of Men
Posted: Friday, June 15, 2018 9:23:15 AM
 Legatus legionis

In view of the only-95%-perfect state of the conversion, I am announcing that Sunday the 17th will be a test session.

Read my blog.
Tazzzo
Posted: Friday, June 15, 2018 11:01:06 PM
 Captain

Remember that you need to edit the minimum mil and naval supply slider to at least 50% of every political party.
Ranger9000
Posted: Saturday, June 16, 2018 3:24:42 AM
 Captain

I think that's already in the game and set to 25% instead of 50. Even as my liberals I can't decrease it to 0
King of Men
Posted: Sunday, June 17, 2018 7:52:37 AM
 Legatus legionis

As the 17th will be a test session, the Truce of God will not apply - declare war on whoever you like. In fact it would be good if we had a war, since they tend to stress-test the networking code and also the national economies.

Read my blog.
King of Men
Posted: Monday, June 18, 2018 8:14:16 AM
 Legatus legionis

Btw custom names for various government types are easy to do, feel free to request them in the flags thread. Custom flags also fairly easy; if you want one that's not in the game already, ideally give it in .tga format.

Read my blog.
King of Men
Posted: Tuesday, June 19, 2018 6:03:05 AM
 Legatus legionis

There will be a moratorium, as far as I can manage, on province changes after Tuesday midnight California time (Wednesday morning in Europe). If you have any map-edit requests please post them before then.

AAR rewards! Money is going to be basically meaningless, so I propose:

• Prestige: One-fifth of what the leader has.
  • Stockpiles: 100 of one good, to be increased later. This would be enough machine parts to build one or two starting factories, or enough small arms for 10 infantry regiments.
  • Manpower: Increase a soldier POP size by 10k.
  • RPs: Basically meaningless from mid-game, but sure, 100 days of the tech leader's RP production.

Thoughts? Anything to be added?

Regarding stockpiling: I propose we have the rule that you cannot buy a good if your stockpile is at 2000 or over. This is relatively easy to keep track of ingame, if you break the rule some micro will be required to avoid detection in the savegame, and it allows some stockpiling for wars without allowing the majors to just strangle the minors completely. Thoughts?

Read my blog.
  • Tazzzo
    Posted: Tuesday, June 19, 2018 8:59:05 AM
     Captain

One-fifth of what the prestige leaders prestige has is too much for one AAR reward. In just five sessions you are at least more than doubling your prestige not including any that is earned in-game. The reward should be static, maybe what ever the prestige of the latest art invention is.
    Mark0628
    Posted: Tuesday, June 19, 2018 10:16:05 AM
     Major

Tazzzo wrote:
    One-fifth of what the prestige leaders prestige has is too much for one AAR reward. In just five sessions you are at least more than doubling your prestige not including any that is earned in-game. The reward should be static, maybe what ever the prestige of the latest art invention is.
    i would honestly say a static 5 prestige at most
    Mark0628
    Posted: Tuesday, June 19, 2018 10:19:38 AM
     Major

King of Men wrote:
    There will be a moratorium, as far as I can manage, on province changes after Tuesday midnight California time (Wednesday morning in Europe). If you have any map-edit requests please post them before then.

AAR rewards! Money is going to be basically meaningless, so I propose:

• Prestige: One-fifth of what the leader has.
  • Stockpiles: 100 of one good, to be increased later. This would be enough machine parts to build one or two starting factories, or enough small arms for 10 infantry regiments.
  • Manpower: Increase a soldier POP size by 10k.
  • RPs: Basically meaningless from mid-game, but sure, 100 days of the tech leader's RP production.

Thoughts? Anything to be added?

Regarding stockpiling: I propose we have the rule that you cannot buy a good if your stockpile is at 2000 or over. This is relatively easy to keep track of ingame, if you break the rule some micro will be required to avoid detection in the savegame, and it allows some stockpiling for wars without allowing the majors to just strangle the minors completely. Thoughts?

• is the soldier pop size adding 10k pops or converting them from farmers/laborers ?

100 days of rp is alot even if you dont think its worth anything mid game i think its a huge benefit to anyone

100 of a good is fine imo

prestige i would say keep it very low and dont have it scale

also depending on how much money its never meaningless there's always ways to improve yourself at the cost of a lot of money
    James Craig
    Posted: Tuesday, June 19, 2018 10:13:00 PM
     1st Lieutenant

I think WP standing is both too valuable and too volatile to allow any effect from AAR posts. even at 5 prestige when the pack is so close you could lose your entire sphere of interest off the bat practically at session start if you cant make it up compared to whoever took the spot from you plus their in-game prestige. WP is too important for that. Any other reward is fine, but nothing that adds any points to overall score.

Vae Victis!
    King of Men
    Posted: Thursday, June 21, 2018 7:29:42 AM
     Legatus legionis

Ok people apparently think prestige is too powerful.

Quote:
    is the soldier pop size adding 10k pops or converting them from farmers/laborers ?

I meant to add 10k pops.

New mod is up. This should, absent gods willing, be the final RGO roll. To the extent that any provinces need to be shuffled, I will do it manually near the end. (This includes the requested province edits). After what happened to Occitania in the test session, I have decided that there's no good automatic way of getting revolters that will be fun to play with, so I've overridden the core distribution of some countries instead. In doing so I have tried to give every power (except the American minors) at least one revolter with non-gory borders, whose loss will be annoying but not crippling. For example there is now a Finland with the historical borders plus Karelia; there is a German revolter which overlaps Bohemia, Latin Empire, Occitania, and Yngl, Inc; New Leon has been given the cores of historical Argentina plus Chile; and so on. Have a look, see if you think these revolters look reasonable; feel free to suggest if any more should be added. If you do, please give one province ID from each state the revolter should have cores on; for example Finland is specified by 336, 339, 984, one province from each of the three states it consists of.

Read my blog.