Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Anthropomachy Options · View
Ranger9000
Posted: Saturday, September 29, 2018 10:18:05 AM
 Captain

Atlassia Goes To War!

Atlassian tanks rolling through Limoges

3 Weeks after Declaration of War: The grind and creak of tracks carried through the air as a column of AL-36-75 "Hoplite" heavy tanks rolled down an Occitanian road. Infantry riding on their hulls and walking along beside them. This was part of the lead elements of the Pact forces pushing into Occitanian territory. Some of the tanks show signs of damage from the earlier fighting, burn marks and scraped off paint, but in the name of operational integrity the Pact Joint Command has been pushing their forces at full speed to exploit the breakthroughs made. As I was watching one of the tanks sputtered and threw a tread, the crew hopping out to try to fix the vehicle without causing much of a slow down to the advancing column. Already the infantry and heavy tanks of the Pact were being outpaced by the exploitation forces of Leon. Light tank forces are rumored to already be reaching the gates of Paris miles ahead of the rest of the army, which was why they were rushing to fill the gaps in the line even now. Either way it seems that the Occitanian resistance will collapse any time now.

Leonese infantry passing a disabled Hoplite tank in the outskirts of Bordeaux

2 Months after Declaration of War: Despite the fall of Paris and much of the country, Occitanian forces continue to hold out in Bordeaux. Between the Leonese and Atlassian forces in the area, over 60 divisions have been brought to bear against the Occitanian capital, which has been heavily fortified by the Occitanians. Heavy gun and artillery fire can be heard from my position even now, and at night fires burning throughout the city cast the area in an eerie glow. Fortifications dug into buildings and along major streets has proven to be a significant slow down, but even now brave Pact troops have been fighting their way to the town square. Overhead fighters and bombers of the Pact are running constant missions to keep the Occitanians from forming coordinated counterattacks, and they have for the most part forced the Occitanian airforce to remain grounded. Shore bombardment has begun as the Atlassian navy has moved just outside the harbour, and heavy battleship caliber shells have proved instrumental in digging out some of the toughest Occitanian positions.

3 Months after Declaration of War: Occitania officially surrendered to the Pact just yesterday, and already Pact forces have begun to move into positions to defend the new member of the Pact. With the Occitanian government replaced with a more Pact friendly alternative we will be able to make use of much of the Occitanian equipment to sustain the war effort. And already Occitanian forces loyal to the new government are starting to get deployed to assist in policing and garrison duties.

Atlassian 3rd Hausaland Infantry Regiment marches to the Occitanian-Scandinavian Border

-War Reporter Gasdy Heracleidae, deployed with the 17th Figuig Heavy Infantry Division

Ranger9000
Posted: Sunday, October 07, 2018 9:49:39 PM
 Captain

Development and Strengthening

Atlassia spent the last years since the invasion of Occitania preparing itself for the inevitable next war. Research has begun in full, with full speed put in at every turn, to make our army superior to anyone elses. New fighters, new infantry equipment, new machineguns and everything else were passed on to the Atlassian forces, trying to prepare them to face even more dangerous foes on all fronts. New heavy tanks were rolled out in mass to improve the firepower of the frontline forces, supported by modifications designed to crush infantry attacks and more advanced tank forces.

At the same time, we have had to prepare ourselves physically on many many fronts. The Medinians remain built up on our border. The Scandinavians have prepared a massive army on the far side of the Occitanian border, the Elysians and the Japanese have even larger forces spread across the North American borders and it seems that the true battle of the Anthropomachy is about to begin within the next session. Huge forces are preparing to crush one another and millions will die in the next few years. The only question on the table will be who will take victory in the end.

For this session ahead of time.

THE WAR BEGINS ONCE MORE

Day 1

Today Atlassian and Leonese troops pushed across the Scandinavian Border. Our boys are ready to fight and there are reports that we are making headway already in multiple sectors.

Day 3

Breakthroughs in the Scandinavian line have been accomplished. While brave Atlassian soldiers lock down Yingling forces with heavy assaults, the Leonese tanks have managed a breakthrough and have started to outflank a significant portion of the Scandinavian Army

Day 17

Encirclement continues, over 300,000 Scandinavians have been pocketted along the border. The Khazarian army has entered the war and has started to push through Poland.

Day 35

Japanese and Brazilian attacks along the North American front have created a need for a strategic withdrawal to the Mississippi River.

European forces have more or less completely pushed Scandinavia back into the Peninsula

Day 74

Continued attacks have necessitated a strategic withdrawal to the Illinois River

Day 99

Continued attacks have necessitated a strategic withdrawal to the Appalachians mountains.

Day 132

We have held the line at Newark for a few days. Progress will be seen in the future.

Day 150

Line continues to hold at Newark and just south of Washington. Arrival of Leonese forces and new anti-tank equipment has stabilized the front and given us a counter to the advanced Japanese medium tank divisions. Casualties are high on both sides as vicious fighting continues.

Contained Below are a collection of images captured by embedded war photographers

Atlassian artillery trying to hold the line in the Appalachians.

Atlassian Anti-Tank guns in a desperate defense of Washington

Secondary Combat has occurred across the African Front.
Ranger9000
Posted: Sunday, October 14, 2018 10:38:28 AM
 Captain

Less Than Optimal Results

To say last year went poorly would be a....quite accurate statement really. It went quite well in some aspects, namely the battle in Europe was actually very successful, and it went absolutely terribly in other aspects, namely North America. As from my last AAR, I included a small summary of what had happened that session, and it summed up just about everything. The initial fighting against Scandinavia went very well. My units for the most part pinned Scandinavia to the front line, and our combined air forces slowed KoM's forces to a crawl. As a result Leon was able to punch through the Scandinavian defenses along the Wesser and pocket a number of Scandinavian divisions early on. For the most part KoM's defenses had been set up with level 4 or 5 forts, but a few proviences he only had 2s or 3s, and those were the ones we punched through. Following the collapse of the Weser defenses, the Atlassian army actually for the most part withdrew from Europe. Mostly because the absolute chaos that was happening in North America.

If you've read KoM's AAR for this week, you have some idea what happened there, and you can translate a lot of what he said directly to here. Nobody in our alliance had played HOI4 MP since Waking the Tiger, and I had only played an hour or so of SP. Which meant that I had made a fatal mistake of underestimating just how much AT I needed to deal with things. It wasn't quite as bad as KoM admittedly, as I had actually equipped most of my forces in North America (namely the majority of my 40 or so Divisions of Cavalry) with at least support AT guns. This proved enough to deal with the Japanese and Elysian light tanks.

Unfortunately they brought more then Light Tanks. The big thing that caused a constant near total collapse of our front and almost every single issue, was the Japanese Medium Tank Corp. 9 or so Divisions of Mediums that absolutly nothing we could throw in their way was enough to stop. Everytime we managed to form a defensive line, the Mediums were either already ontop of us, or blew through us regardless. The first line at the Mississippi fell rapidly, the defense of the Illinois never really formed as by the time our troops were there the Japanese Mediums were already overruning our positions. The Wabash river held out just slightly longer, buying us enough time to fortify the Ohio, for the most part. Namely the southern portions of the Ohio as the Mediums made one last breakthrough to Washington, which fell despite my best efforts. Finally though the front stabilized, along the Appalachian mountains, the Ohio River, and around Newark, though despite weeks of fighting over the Newark Airbase, we were unable to hold it in the end and counterattacks were not successful in keeping it in our control for long.

There's a lot that goes into this rather painful blow we suffered, but well, the general summary of it was.

-We were totally unprepared for the power of tanks. I was the only force with enough AT to even battle the enemy lights let alone the enemy mediums
-We were too infantry focused. This meant we were too slow to withdraw in the face of these attacks, which for the most part effected New England, who lost approximately 70 divisions in Illinois and Iowa.
-We did not have enough planes and were not operating them effectively. More specifically, we had lots of planes, enough to match the Legion, but we couldn't leverage them well enough to actually contest the air for the most part, which left our divisions slowed to a crawl.

For now the front has stabilized though, and for the most part this is due to the arrival of the Atlassian main army, as well as significant quantities of Leonese troops. Though much to our horror even my Heavy Tank, and Leon's mediums, couldn't actually contend with the medium tanks we were facing as they lacked the penetration. For the most part this has been resolved though, and now the Atlassian forces at least can penetrate any tanks they see due to the arrival of new equipment. Leaving my forces into about three tiers.

Light AT: About 30 ish Piercing, this is enough to deal with the light tanks we've seen, and damaged Medium tank forces.
Medium AT: About 50 ish, this is enough to deal with anything we've seen except for the Brazilian new Medium divisions (which have an obscene armour rating it seems)
Heavy AT: About 60 ish, this is pushing the absolute limit for how much AT you can get on the tier I equipment, but it is enough to deal with just about everything, and soon should be left behind as new equipment rolls off the production lines.

I've also started to finally switch into war economy, which means I'm starting to build a significant quantity of Mil Factories a month, as my Civ Factory amount is almost tied with Medina and only really beat by Khazaria.