Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

GM campaigning thread Options · View
King of Men
Posted: Friday, November 02, 2018 3:10:08 AM
 Legatus legionis

One Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal

This is a thread for people to nominate themselves (or others) for GM for the next game, campaign, flame other candidates, and answer voter questions. The actual election will be in a few days, when everyone has become a Well-Informed Voter who Votes On The Issues and not on Party Affiliation.

Read my blog.
Norway Rome The Khanate Scotland Scotinavia Christendie the Serene Republic has always been at war with the Bretons False Empire Caliphate Persians Russians English Hungarians Oceanians Saracen Jackal! Death, death, death to the Frogs barbarians infidels necromancers vodka-drinking hegemonists Sassenach nomad menace Yellow Menace heathen Great Old One!
The Professor
Posted: Friday, November 02, 2018 3:22:28 AM
 General of the Army

1. What positions and assurances can candidates give regarding maintaining civility and insuring a hard limit on potential toxicity.
2. Can the candidates describe what steps they will take to listen to the feedback of other players when determining the rules and the scenario/setting for the next campaign; and as a extension of this, give an example of an opinion they disagreed with that they nevertheless were willing to accommodate out of principle of finding a consensus decision?
3. What plans currently exist to find us new blood so people don't just gain free power by advantageous drop outs or missing slots? What contingencies will be in place to better deal with this *when* not if it occurs.
4. Can the candidates give an example of a previous GM decision by King of Men they consider to be wrongly-decided and how would they have determined it differently?
5. Not necessarily for this campaign as there isn't time, but perhaps in a year or two from now for the campaign after the next one, can the candidates give their thoughts for entirely alternate campaign ideas, where instead of the vanilla map, we play on either a procedurally generated or civ-like/catan-like randomly generated world?

Their game can only exist to be won.
Then so be it who else can see it done.
Clonefusion
Posted: Friday, November 02, 2018 1:04:40 PM
 Major

Directed at candidates:
1.Do you want hard size limits in ck2 ?
2.Do you want hard size limits in eu4 ?
3.Do you want hard size limits in vic2 ?

4.1.Do you plan to fill the map over time in ck2 ?
4.2.Do you plan to allow all map regions to be played in ck2 ?
5.1.Do you plan to fill the map over time in eu4 ?
5.2.Do you plan to allow all map regions to be played in eu4 ?
5.3.Can blayne play china at start of eu4 ?

6.Do you plan to modify ck2 ?
6.1.How ?

7.Do you plan to modify eu4 ?
7.1.How ?

For this grand campaign I adjusted the vic2 map and states, I plan to do this again.
8.Are you fine with this ?
I will balance the vic2 map based on the eu4 map we will use at start of eu4, map changes by paradox would change this balance if used during campaign and so i want the map to stay the same the whole eu4 run.
9.Are you fine with this ?

10.Will you enforce a minimum of speed 2 in each game and force players to leave if speed 2 can not be sustained by them ?

The Professor
Posted: Friday, November 02, 2018 2:20:37 PM
 General of the Army

5.3 should add "Within reason".

dragoon9105
Posted: Friday, November 02, 2018 8:18:32 PM
 Lieutenant General

Clonefusion wrote:
Directed at candidates:
1.Do you want hard size limits in ck2 ? Yes but they will not be as restrictive
2.Do you want hard size limits in eu4 ? No
3.Do you want hard size limits in vic2 ? No

4.1.Do you plan to fill the map over time in ck2 ? Yes
4.2.Do you plan to allow all map regions to be played in ck2 ? Its possible, but it would require players joining to force it so, or many many player deaths
5.1.Do you plan to fill the map over time in eu4 ? Yes
5.2.Do you plan to allow all map regions to be played in eu4 ? Ive Stated the Order before, the Order priority of slots will be, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Middle East, India, East Asia, Africa/America/Australia in that order. If the Playercount/Eliminations abide the entire map to fill, it will fill.
5.3.Can blayne play china at start of eu4 ? In all likelihood, No but miracles do happen

6.Do you plan to modify ck2 ? Yes
6.1.How ? Hard to say, Holy Fury isnt out yet as always any major changes I propose will probably be voted on

7.Do you plan to modify eu4 ? Yes
7.1.How ? Incentives for Subject nations and Colonial Nations for a start to ensure ai minor survival for vicky. Though I'm sure there will be more needed/suggested

For this grand campaign I adjusted the vic2 map and states, I plan to do this again.
8.Are you fine with this ? Yes, but you need permission you know Wink
I will balance the vic2 map based on the eu4 map we will use at start of eu4, map changes by paradox would change this balance if used during campaign and so i want the map to stay the same the whole eu4 run.
9.Are you fine with this ? Yes, but see above Wink

10.Will you enforce a minimum of speed 2 in each game and force players to leave if speed 2 can not be sustained by them ? I would hold a vote

Answers in Bold
Ranger9000
Posted: Friday, November 02, 2018 8:59:15 PM
 Captain

Clonefusion wrote:
Directed at candidates:
1.Do you want hard size limits in ck2 ? Yes, scaling based on year. This worked well last time so only thing I'd change is using province count instead of holdings count.
2.Do you want hard size limits in eu4 ? Yes, though scaling again into the late game.
3.Do you want hard size limits in vic2 ? No, Vicky 2s war and Infamy system handles growth well enough

4.1.Do you plan to fill the map over time in ck2 ? If the bloodbath is big enough and we actually get past 1100AD then sure. Otherwise I doubt we'll fill out the whole map by the end
4.2.Do you plan to allow all map regions to be played in ck2 ? Not to start no. See above.
5.1.Do you plan to fill the map over time in eu4 ? Through player influence yes.Though players will not directly own most of the world
5.2.Do you plan to allow all map regions to be played in eu4 ? Yes ish. I believe hard size limits and incentivized vassals will manage to do most of the work the doom wall will do. Though I do plan to keep time gated areas but they will be based on where players are starting
5.3.Can blayne play china at start of eu4 within reason ? If his old country isn't a large power and isn't being left to the AI. Sure

6.Do you plan to modify ck2 ? Yes
6.1.How ? Most likely similar to last time, though we'll see on Holt fury.

7.Do you plan to modify eu4 ? Yes
7.1.How ? In-game hard size limits if we can get it to work, a significantly larger Diplo relations pool, fix how cultures work, more incentive for CNs and vassals, possibly some Idea Group changes and CK2 based modifiers (Historic Enemies and things).

8.Are you fine with this ? Yes wouldn't be much of a Mega campaign without EU effecting V2
9.Are you fine with this ? Yes

10.Will you enforce a minimum of speed 2 in each game and force players to leave if speed 2 can not be sustained by them ? We'll see how many players are lagging, and then put it to vote. Or keep force pushing speed 2 with more attentiveness paid to the pausing.

Clarification on how to incentivise vassals. Marches give more FL based on size and get a significant FL boost and idea weighting to mil idea. Normal vassals get a boosted gold income and after reaching a certain size will give the overlord monarch points per month based on size. Also possible minor across the board bonuses for vassal states while they are vassals.
Mark0628
Posted: Saturday, November 03, 2018 10:40:20 AM
 Lieutenant Colonel

One Year Membership Medal

1.Do you want hard size limits in ck2 ? No not at all
2.Do you want hard size limits in eu4 ? No
3.Do you want hard size limits in vic2 ? No

4.1.Do you plan to fill the map over time in ck2 ? Start with Germany Italy and france open and open more regions from there regardless of how many players we find unless its to few
4.2.Do you plan to allow all map regions to be played in ck2 ? If we have enough players sure
5.1.Do you plan to fill the map over time in eu4 ?yes
5.2.Do you plan to allow all map regions to be played in eu4 ? at start most likely no but everything depends on how many players we have
5.3.Can blayne play china at start of eu4 ? yay

6.Do you plan to modify ck2 ?I want scaling penalties as you get larger undetermined exactly what they would be as of now
6.1.How ?we will have to see

7.Do you plan to modify eu4 ? at most penalties for territories
7.1.How ? essentially anything but hard size limits

8.Are you fine with this ? go for it
9.Are you fine with this ? id prefer running without updates once we start eu4 phase

10.Will you enforce a minimum of speed 2 in each game and force players to leave if speed 2 can not be sustained by them ? I would enforce it except in hoi4

The Professor
Posted: Saturday, November 03, 2018 2:24:03 PM
 General of the Army

So far I'm nominating Ranger and Mark and Clone. Wink

Edit wait, no one answered my questions yet, never mind. Answer my questions or no one gets my vote.

KhanXLT
Posted: Saturday, November 03, 2018 7:32:54 PM
 General

The Professor wrote:
1. What positions and assurances can candidates give regarding maintaining civility and insuring a hard limit on potential toxicity.strict enforcement of the Golden rule. Asking for others to 'get fucked' will see yourself 'getting fucked'
2. Can the candidates describe what steps they will take to listen to the feedback of other players when determining the rules and the scenario/setting for the next campaign; and as a extension of this, give an example of an opinion they disagreed with that they nevertheless were willing to accommodate out of principle of finding a consensus decision?start with haughty indifference, then grudgingly slide into plebicite vote.
3. What plans currently exist to find us new blood so people don't just gain free power by advantageous drop outs or missing slots? What contingencies will be in place to better deal with this *when* not if it occurs.improve our reputation, the one we currently have is undesirable.
4. Can the candidates give an example of a previous GM decision by King of Men they consider to be wrongly-decided and how would they have determined it differently?no comment.
5. Not necessarily for this campaign as there isn't time, but perhaps in a year or two from now for the campaign after the next one, can the candidates give their thoughts for entirely alternate campaign ideas, where instead of the vanilla map, we play on either a procedurally generated or civ-like/catan-like randomly generated world?no comment.

There you go blayne, feel free to choose one of those three now
Clonefusion
Posted: Saturday, November 03, 2018 10:09:50 PM
 Major

The Professor wrote:
So far I'm nominating Ranger and Mark and Clone. Wink

Edit wait, no one answered my questions yet, never mind. Answer my questions or no one gets my vote.

I am not open for the position of gm.
Ranger9000
Posted: Saturday, November 03, 2018 11:34:03 PM
 Captain

The Professor wrote:
1. What positions and assurances can candidates give regarding maintaining civility and insuring a hard limit on potential toxicity. Golden Rule, and general enforcement of things. The big one is if people start threatening to quit over things that aren't in the rules. I will be very considering of telling them to just quit. Save the negativity to after the session and we can discuss it during the week. Pausing the game and the like is not productive
2. Can the candidates describe what steps they will take to listen to the feedback of other players when determining the rules and the scenario/setting for the next campaign; and as a extension of this, give an example of an opinion they disagreed with that they nevertheless were willing to accommodate out of principle of finding a consensus decision? I am willing to make quick rulings in sessions, but for rulings made that way they will then be discussed during the next week to see what everyone thinks about them. This game the only real ruling I had an issue with was the in game version of the no military assistance between non-faction mates rule. Though that got changed later anyways.
3. What plans currently exist to find us new blood so people don't just gain free power by advantageous drop outs or missing slots? What contingencies will be in place to better deal with this *when* not if it occurs. More recruiting, trying to hit maybe Reddit and other sources too. At the moment we're looking at a pretty healthy number of players so I'm hoping to have high player retention as well.
4. Can the candidates give an example of a previous GM decision by King of Men they consider to be wrongly-decided and how would they have determined it differently? See #2. I only disagreed with the ingame ruling, the post session ruling was fine
5. Not necessarily for this campaign as there isn't time, but perhaps in a year or two from now for the campaign after the next one, can the candidates give their thoughts for entirely alternate campaign ideas, where instead of the vanilla map, we play on either a procedurally generated or civ-like/catan-like randomly generated world? I'm not against a procedural game down the road, but I would prefer making sure it's fully going to work before we try it

There's my ones now.
Mark0628
Posted: Sunday, November 04, 2018 1:57:56 AM
 Lieutenant Colonel

One Year Membership Medal

1. What positions and assurances can candidates give regarding maintaining civility and insuring a hard limit on potential toxicity.strict enforcement of the Golden rule. Asking for others to 'get fucked' will see yourself 'getting fucked'
2. Can the candidates describe what steps they will take to listen to the feedback of other players when determining the rules and the scenario/setting for the next campaign; and as a extension of this, give an example of an opinion they disagreed with that they nevertheless were willing to accommodate out of principle of finding a consensus decision?start with haughty indifference, then grudgingly slide into plebicite vote.
3. What plans currently exist to find us new blood so people don't just gain free power by advantageous drop outs or missing slots? What contingencies will be in place to better deal with this *when* not if it occurs.improve our reputation, the one we currently have is undesirable.
4. Can the candidates give an example of a previous GM decision by King of Men they consider to be wrongly-decided and how would they have determined it differently?no comment.
5. Not necessarily for this campaign as there isn't time, but perhaps in a year or two from now for the campaign after the next one, can the candidates give their thoughts for entirely alternate campaign ideas, where instead of the vanilla map, we play on either a procedurally generated or civ-like/catan-like randomly generated world?no comment.

stolen but acurate
KhanXLT
Posted: Sunday, November 04, 2018 4:39:45 AM
 General

Campaign manager/ speech writer. Boom!