Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Next Monday Game (11th) ? Options · View
Anders
Posted: Friday, November 14, 2008 6:33:27 PM
 Generalfeldmarschall

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal2012 Good Cause Support MedalBanned in ActionAuthor of 7000th post

It looks like the game is about to disintegrate soonish, so what shall we play next?
I suggest EU III : In Nomine, though some of you might have trouble with the computer requirements.

"Hvor fattige var de ikke, disse fiskere som levde av havets nåde! De slet sig gjennom livet uten å se sig om til høire eller til venstre. Deres gleder var få, deres bekymringer mange. Men de hadde allikevel et gemyttlig smil til den fremmede, en munter vise og en lun historie. For sånn er de, disse Sørlandets barn."

King of Men wrote:
Anders is correct.

Fivoin wrote:
Yeah, Anders is right.

baronbowden wrote:
I would tend to agree with Anders.

Support Ederon.net via your Amazon purchases!

I joined Ederon.net before it became mainstream
hiensen
Posted: Friday, November 14, 2008 6:39:27 PM
 Generalleutnant

One Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalAuthor of 18000th Post

Anders wrote:
It looks like the game is about to disintegrate soonish, so what shall we play next?
I suggest EU III : In Nomine, though some of you might have trouble with the computer requirements.

No way the game isn't finished yet, there's some sessions remaining.It's too early for such post. No no no
Anders
Posted: Friday, November 14, 2008 6:43:55 PM
 Generalfeldmarschall

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal2012 Good Cause Support MedalBanned in ActionAuthor of 7000th post

Please, be more constructive. Even if it takes a month or more to finish, it's still possible to have a constructive discussion about what to play next.

"Hvor fattige var de ikke, disse fiskere som levde av havets nåde! De slet sig gjennom livet uten å se sig om til høire eller til venstre. Deres gleder var få, deres bekymringer mange. Men de hadde allikevel et gemyttlig smil til den fremmede, en munter vise og en lun historie. For sånn er de, disse Sørlandets barn."

King of Men wrote:
Anders is correct.

Fivoin wrote:
Yeah, Anders is right.

baronbowden wrote:

Gen.Schuermann
Posted: Friday, November 14, 2008 7:21:25 PM
 Generalfeldmarschall

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalAuthor of 9000th Post

I concur. I will most prolly be in, whatever may be the game. EU III sounds like fun for everyone, though i just cannot get into it. I cannot get the jist of it. But hey, that was the case with Vicky as well.
My suggestions, in that order:

Vicky GC 1836
HoI2 GC '36 or '38
EU III

In Soviet Russia, Schuermann defeats YOU!
Anders
Posted: Friday, November 14, 2008 9:10:40 PM
 Generalfeldmarschall

Pursuing my own line of promoting EU III, effectively taking it for granted we'll play that, I have some suggestions as to what countries we shouldn't play.
England, France, Castille, the Ottomans and China are a bit too powerful to let anyone play throughout the game.

King of Men wrote:
Anders is correct.

Fivoin wrote:
Yeah, Anders is right.

baronbowden wrote:

Stalins Elite
Posted: Saturday, November 15, 2008 6:19:00 AM
 Pilus prior

One Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal

Well I have finally come to the point were I need to find another job, funds starting to get low and all. So if that happens soon I can't gaurentee I'll have mondays free, but should I do here are my preferences for games.

Vicky GC
HOI GC - 38 Scen.
EU3 - I have allready told Anders that until an official 3.2 patch is released I am not going to stuff around with a silly untested beta patch. So if EU3 is the game then I am definately out unless they release an official patch by then. SE.

Admiral Kutzenov - The Cold War lives.

M&M
Posted: Saturday, November 15, 2008 8:26:16 AM
 General

Quote:
EU III sounds like fun for everyone, though i just cannot get into it. I cannot get the jist of it. But hey, that was the case with Vicky as well.
My suggestions, in that order:

I tend to share the same viewpoint, so I'm not sure if I'll be in the next monday game. I certainly don't intend on playing anymore hoi2 sessions at all, I'm simply too burnt out to enjoy it anymore and I fear that doesn't provide for much motivation to test EU III.
Ederon
Posted: Saturday, November 15, 2008 10:06:28 AM
 Field Major

I know one thing for sure myself - I won't play HoI2 after 10th game is over as it doesn't satisfy me anymore. I'll take a break probably. After that, my preferences would be EUIII or Vicky. Then HoI3 Smile

If you like SM Civilization/Colonization, EU3 is for ya too. In fact, it is much better. In my opinion, EU is best strategy game available. It's well balanced strategy where neither aspect governs the game (unlike hoi2 which is limited in everything but warfare).
hiensen
Posted: Saturday, November 15, 2008 10:51:08 AM
 Generalleutnant

One Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalAuthor of 18000th Post

Anders wrote:
Please, be more constructive. Even if it takes a month or more to finish, it's still possible to have a constructive discussion about what to play next.

OK this way I'm absolutelly open for EU III, but we should take the majors because if everyone play minors I fear a lot of countries switch.
I don't choose vicky for the simple reason I almost never played it, just tested it a bit.
Hoi seems out of question since some people looks bored of this game and it's understandable, tho I am not against a 36 GC. :-d
Anders
Posted: Saturday, November 15, 2008 9:12:36 PM
 Generalfeldmarschall

Seeing what has happened in almost every EU3 MP game until now, players on all majors does not guarantee them staying in place.

The reason I don't want the majos is because it's much too easy to get a big advantage over your fellow players early on. Great Britain formed before 1500, for example. It can be done in about 5 separate wars, especially if you get the "Own Ireland" and "Annex Scotland" missions.

So if we have players on, for example, Aragon, Burgundy, Portugal, Austria, Naples and Milano, that should be sufficient to fight off the bigger states together.

King of Men wrote:
Anders is correct.

Fivoin wrote:
Yeah, Anders is right.

baronbowden wrote:

Vissarion
Posted: Sunday, November 16, 2008 12:06:17 AM
 Lieutenant General

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalAuthor of 14000th Post

Or noobs can play majors.

boing boom tschak, boing boom tschak
peng
boing boom tschak, boing boom tschak
zong
Anders
Posted: Sunday, November 16, 2008 12:54:38 AM
 Generalfeldmarschall

Vissarion wrote:
Or noobs can play majors.
The very first time I played England in MP, I got the aforementioned Great Britain before 1500.
I don't think anyone should play the big easy ones.

King of Men wrote:
Anders is correct.

Fivoin wrote:
Yeah, Anders is right.

baronbowden wrote:

Hytzon
Posted: Sunday, November 16, 2008 10:15:13 AM
 Brigadier General

I would also like to play EUIII when the time comes. You have a valid point about majors Anders, but I might classify Austria as a semi-major also. Now give me The Knights One Tooth Grin

You can't say civilization don't advance - for in every war, they kill you in a new way.
Anders
Posted: Monday, December 01, 2008 4:06:43 PM
 Generalfeldmarschall

If there won't be a Monday X session tonight, I suggest a practice session in EU III.

I hope everyone installs the 3.2 beta patch. The 2nd and latest 3.2 beta patch, that is.
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=13954

to make it work properly, do the following:
1. Download .rar file to HD.
2. MANUALLY copy the files after extracting the folder to somewhere on your HD.
3. Delete the folder "cache" in the "map" folder.
4. Run EU III.
5. Close EU III.
7. Run EU III to find Checksum LCTH

King of Men wrote:
Anders is correct.

Fivoin wrote:
Yeah, Anders is right.

baronbowden wrote: