Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Scandanavian cores Options · View
M&M
Posted: Tuesday, March 13, 2007 1:19:51 AM
 General

One Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal

Sweden starts with cores on finland, but it seems to lose them when it transforms into scandanavia, is there any way we can fix that ? Seems kinda dumb.
Mr.G
Posted: Tuesday, March 13, 2007 2:48:21 AM
 Major

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalAuthor of 8000th post

M&M wrote:
Sweden starts with cores on finland, but it seems to lose them when it transforms into scandanavia, is there any way we can fix that ? Seems kinda dumb.

I'm thinking there is going to be a need for some editing. Tomorrow I'm going to take a look at the whole Clausewitz bug. As for giving Finnish cores to Sweden, I'll go with the group on this as I really don't know if it is a foolish WAD or a bug.
Hytzon
Posted: Tuesday, March 13, 2007 9:33:49 AM
 Brigadier General

M&M wrote:

I am pretty sure it is WAD. As you may know, I am from Denmark and usually Finland is not consideret a part of Scandinavia. They have a totally different language, and have never been a member of the Scandinavian unions. Today Scandinavia consists of Denmark, Norway and Sweden. Sometimes the Faeroe Islands and Iceland are consideret a part of it, but in our game Denmark still owns Iceland and also Greenland so that should be a problem. I don't know why Finland is in Scandinavia in HoI2, but its definatly wrong to call it that. So I don't think it should be your cores sorry Cry

Btw. If you refer to the Nordic Countries, that usually include Finland. Also sometimes Finland is mentioned as beeing a part of Scandinavia, but that is not often and historically wrong IMHO. But fear not, remember that you can gain cores by events, maybe you will be lucky to gain some there Smile

You can't say civilization don't advance - for in every war, they kill you in a new way.
Hytzon
Posted: Tuesday, March 13, 2007 11:33:25 AM
 Brigadier General

Look what wikipedia has to say http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scandinavia then look at the bottom were it says "Politics: Scandinavism". The actual union from the game is described there, consisting of Denmark, Norway and Sweden. Smile

You can't say civilization don't advance - for in every war, they kill you in a new way.
M&M
Posted: Tuesday, March 13, 2007 9:51:58 PM
 General

Aha, well I'm used to the event from HoI2. But the way the event works is the nation with the most prestige inherits the other. So if sweden inherits denmark it should still in theory keep its previous cores since finland did belong to sweden.