Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

India in EIR Options · View
cueball
Posted: Tuesday, March 31, 2009 2:19:15 PM
 Tribunus laticlavius

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalInspiring Poster '08 AwardAuthor of 10000th Post

Nostra and I were kicking around the idea of adding India into the game as a UK puppet, as start.

Any thoughts on that?

For a straighforward copy over zip version go here: Goerings Delay -- NZQS -- 1.3b.rar

The Mod can also be set up with the Jones Generic Mod Enabler and has worked fine in that mode in my tests. This version has everything in it, 1.3beta, JSGME and the East is Red patch, and can be installed straight to your Armageddon 1.2 (ZBLV) folder without disrupting vanilla at all. It has the 1.3beta exe update and JGSME Mod system right in it. Just unzip to your main doomsday folder, copy the contents of the folder, then past into the main folder, then enable the mod using the JSGME system. Once you execute the JSGME it is pretty self-explanatory: EIR NZQS --ARMA 1.3beta complete 1.3b

Small patch from XTPS or NZQS 1.2 to NZQS 1.3b: Goering EIR -- Patch 1.3b

It would be a dangerous folly for the British people to underrate the enduring position in world history which Mussolini will hold; or the amazing qualities of courage, comprehension, self-control and perseverance which he exemplifies.

Sir Winston -- 1937
sonofliberty
Posted: Tuesday, March 31, 2009 2:24:52 PM
Free Man

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalBiggest Spammer '08 Award

I think it would more accurately reflect the situation, and allow UK to draw "manpower" during war. I think it is a good idea overall. The downside is the loss of 50 odd ic(vanilla numbers iirc) though I don't know how much they would lose in your mod. Is the sp version of your mod 1.3 beta compatible yet?

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. -- That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, -- That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness."

There is a new game on the way Project Blitzkrieg
cueball
Posted: Tuesday, March 31, 2009 2:40:33 PM
 Tribunus laticlavius

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalInspiring Poster '08 AwardAuthor of 10000th Post

Not yet. Its an odd situation actually. And we were thinking of making up the country as the British Raj. India had its own parliment with a British Head of State (Governor General). I don't think we would be using the Paradox India. It might even have Burma as its own puppet. Gandhi's Congress Party was nominally in control of the day to day working of the country, but they balked at entering the war, and British Governor General declared war on India's behalf.

For a straighforward copy over zip version go here: Goerings Delay -- NZQS -- 1.3b.rar

The Mod can also be set up with the Jones Generic Mod Enabler and has worked fine in that mode in my tests. This version has everything in it, 1.3beta, JSGME and the East is Red patch, and can be installed straight to your Armageddon 1.2 (ZBLV) folder without disrupting vanilla at all. It has the 1.3beta exe update and JGSME Mod system right in it. Just unzip to your main doomsday folder, copy the contents of the folder, then past into the main folder, then enable the mod using the JSGME system. Once you execute the JSGME it is pretty self-explanatory: EIR NZQS --ARMA 1.3beta complete 1.3b

It would be a dangerous folly for the British people to underrate the enduring position in world history which Mussolini will hold; or the amazing qualities of courage, comprehension, self-control and perseverance which he exemplifies.

Sir Winston -- 1937
sonofliberty
Posted: Tuesday, March 31, 2009 2:43:29 PM
Free Man

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalBiggest Spammer '08 Award

Sounds interesting.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. -- That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, -- That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness."

Mighty G
Posted: Tuesday, March 31, 2009 2:50:03 PM
 Tribunus laticlavius

One Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal

What was indias commitment to the war in europe?

40,000?

I know they fought very heavily in the italian campaign but im not sure of the exact number, probably one of the more unsung groups of people in ww2.

I know there Home army was also very large but to be honest ive never read much into what they did, but have heard snippets here and there. Ill be interested to see where you go with this.

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever.
George Orwell

cueball
Posted: Tuesday, March 31, 2009 3:02:05 PM
 Tribunus laticlavius

I don't know exactly how many went to Europe. But the army raised by the British of Indian soldiers to fight in the war numbered somewhere between 2 and 2.5 million soldiers. It was the backbone of British forces in and around Burma.

Sir Winston -- 1937
sonofliberty
Posted: Tuesday, March 31, 2009 10:54:06 PM
Free Man

cueball wrote:
I don't know exactly how many went to Europe. But the army raised by the British of Indian soldiers to fight in the war numbered somewhere between 2 and 2.5 million soldiers. It was the backbone of British forces in and around Burma.
I don't know the exact numbers either, but they did a lot in theater. So the puppet idea sounds right imo.

cueball
Posted: Tuesday, March 31, 2009 11:22:58 PM
 Tribunus laticlavius

It was at least 2 million, I know this much. How much of that was used in fighting, and how much ended up as garrisons is another issue.

Sir Winston -- 1937
GoodbyeBluesky
Posted: Tuesday, March 31, 2009 11:29:43 PM
 Centurion

cueball wrote:
It was at least 2 million, I know this much. How much of that was used in fighting, and how much ended up as garrisons is another issue.

If you are going to implement India there should be a strict rule for India troops not showing up in Europe
cueball
Posted: Tuesday, March 31, 2009 11:51:35 PM
 Tribunus laticlavius

Something like that. Some kind of control for sure. The units that UK has in India are basically the standing army of India anyway, and those are locked in already. There will be some control, definitely.

Sir Winston -- 1937
Mighty G
Posted: Wednesday, April 01, 2009 5:39:35 AM
 Tribunus laticlavius

If what im reading in my holy bible here (massive ww2 book i have) then..

-Over 200,000 Indian troops prior to war. Just over 2.5Million Indian troops by wars end.

-Under 40,000 troops formed as the fighting force in Burma but only 2 Divisions saw active combat in Burma.

-3 Divisions Fought in Italy (monte Cassino and later on the Gothic line). And 1 Mechanised Ghurka Brigade. Im fairly familiar with this part of Indian involvement having read much of it,

.. Indian personnel received 4,000 awards for gallantry, and 31 VCs.' They fought in EVERY theatre. I have read the details of about 4 or 5 of these VC's and its enough to
make you feel about an inch tall ill say that much.

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever.
George Orwell

Geofactor
Posted: Wednesday, April 01, 2009 8:15:25 AM
 Lieutenant Colonel

cue...i found this interesting.....especially the part about independent indian gov siding with the japs......maybe you could code an event for the INA to form after the japs advance to impal?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/India_in_World_War_II

""The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first.".....Thomas Jefferson"
anonymous....we are legion...we dont forgive....we dont forget....expect us...
Geofactor
Posted: Wednesday, April 01, 2009 8:19:55 AM
 Lieutenant Colonel

also like to add that an independent india seems a good idea to me as UK verses competent axis players will have a very hard time holding...much less advancing into china....more times than not india is lost to the axis

""The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first.".....Thomas Jefferson"
anonymous....we are legion...we dont forgive....we dont forget....expect us...
SilverBolt
Posted: Wednesday, April 01, 2009 4:41:37 PM
 Centurion

better delete bhutan, iraq, south africa free france and give them into uk possesions with some ic adjustements or manpower for UK.

New zeeland to australia too.

Mighty G
Posted: Wednesday, April 01, 2009 5:16:51 PM
 Tribunus laticlavius

SilverBolt wrote:
better delete bhutan, iraq, south africa free france and give them into uk possesions with some ic adjustements or manpower for UK.

New zeeland to australia too.

What this have to do with anything?

Were talking about creating a new government not removing them.

Got any historical points of reference as to why nations should be removed? Or you just like flapping your gums?

George Orwell

SilverBolt
Posted: Wednesday, April 01, 2009 6:30:21 PM
 Centurion

Mighty G wrote:
What this have to do with anything?

Were talking about creating a new government not removing them.

Got any historical points of reference as to why nations should be removed? Or you just like flapping your gums?

eir is a multiplayer mod.It would be better for uk not to have 100 different minors to handle that dont apear in the armies list.

A similar thing was done in mem.
sonofliberty
Posted: Wednesday, April 01, 2009 6:35:11 PM
Free Man

SilverBolt wrote:
eir is a multiplayer mod.It would be better for uk not to have 100 different minors to handle that dont apear in the armies list.

Can't they just use exp forces?

cueball
Posted: Wednesday, April 01, 2009 7:20:10 PM
 Tribunus laticlavius

SilverBolt wrote:

I don't think that is better personally. I don't think its that much more playable. Actually I think its worse. By this logic we should just take Bulgaria, and Romania, and Hungary and make them part of Germany, so the armies will show up on the list. And I think Bhutan, and Nepal would be part of the Raj.

Sir Winston -- 1937
Altaris
Posted: Sunday, April 05, 2009 6:10:11 PM
 1st Lieutenant

I was looking at similar issues in World at War mod. The big issue comes around India being so easily conquered by Japan and/or Germany/Italy, but it's hard to balance without giving the Allies loads of extra troops.

In World at War, India is a separate puppet state of UK, with only about 20 IC. It has loads of manpower, but not much IC to turn them into troops. What I'm trying initially with it is having India have a low desparation AI setting, so that it starts building militia very early if invaded (after only a few provinces fall). However, I don't know that this will be the ideal solution, since militia still take time to build and may not ultimately help India that much.

One idea I've been throwing around for quite a while is having a large number of militia units in India right from the onset of the game, but having them locked in their starting provinces. If India starts to lose provinces, these militia start to unlock. It could be a regional type of thing; for example, perhaps India would have approximately 20 militia in western India/Pakistan, 20 in southern India, 20 in central India, 20 in eastern India. When one of the eastern provinces were lost, the 20 eastern India militia would unlock. If a southern province was lost, then the 20 in southern India would unlock. Something along those lines. This would allow India a hefty defense without becoming a manpower troop powerhouse for the Allies.

The separate state for India is almost a requirement to accurately reflect India's role in WW2, I believe. As it stands in vanilla and MEM, Japan can pretty easily steamroll India and there's not much that the Allies can do about it.
cueball
Posted: Tuesday, April 14, 2009 11:27:31 PM
 Tribunus laticlavius

Well, you can help build the British Raj with me by looking for photos and graphics. Then we can build the country and both use it.

Sir Winston -- 1937
cueball
Posted: Tuesday, April 21, 2009 10:28:18 PM
 Tribunus laticlavius

I have begun work on this project and collected a roster of about 20 military leaders for the Raj, including photos. Photos are a pain. Unfortunately, it seems the British were not really into promoting Indians to anything above Lt. Col. Not suprising given the nature of the British Colonial Empire. I think only three Indian nationals were even promoted to Brigadier.

So there wont be a lot of cool new charachters. Not suprisingly the leader profiles for these are already esistent in the British OBB. There are a few they missed though, and I will be adding those.

Sir Winston -- 1937
cueball
Posted: Sunday, May 31, 2009 3:36:48 AM
 Tribunus laticlavius

Mock up of the India system. It can go straight over the most recent verion of EIR GLZG: India

Sir Winston -- 1937
hiensen
Posted: Sunday, May 31, 2009 10:07:19 AM
 Generalleutnant

One Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalAuthor of 18000th Post

Do you still want provided gfx for india ?
cueball
Posted: Sunday, May 31, 2009 1:08:51 PM
 Tribunus laticlavius

Sure.

The flags were easy and worked out well. Same with the shields. No problem there.

There are two issues I haven't resolved. One is creating a counter. Now I created a counter in the Pallette folder. You can see it, it is called counter_U01. Basically what I did was I used the Canada counter as a basis, then changed the colour using paint, then saved under the new name. What is strange about that is that it comes up as Canada, even though it has a different name.

Then the other issue is a background skin for Raj itself. Not a big deal since the default background is ok, but it might cool to have something specific. The only thing is I am not sure how to reference the Skin, there is a section of folders in the scenario files where the other country skins seem to be located but I am not really sure how all that works.

But if you could figure out those issue and set something up that would be really cool.

Thanks.

Sir Winston -- 1937
hiensen
Posted: Monday, June 01, 2009 12:46:11 AM
 Generalleutnant

One Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalAuthor of 18000th Post

cueball wrote:
Sure.

The flags were easy and worked out well. Same with the shields. No problem there.

There are two issues I haven't resolved. One is creating a counter. Now I created a counter in the Pallette folder. You can see it, it is called counter_U01. Basically what I did was I used the Canada counter as a basis, then changed the colour using paint, then saved under the new name. What is strange about that is that it comes up as Canada, even though it has a different name.

Then the other issue is a background skin for Raj itself. Not a big deal since the default background is ok, but it might cool to have something specific. The only thing is I am not sure how to reference the Skin, there is a section of folders in the scenario files where the other country skins seem to be located but I am not really sure how all that works.

But if you could figure out those issue and set something up that would be really cool.

Thanks.

I'll see what I can do about it.