Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Was Romania a puppet of Soviet Union Options · View
TheWretchedMass
Posted: Tuesday, August 04, 2009 5:25:48 AM
 Major

One Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal

Got into a debate with Silver about this and he feels that they were not a puppet what are your thoughts?
GoodbyeBluesky
Posted: Tuesday, August 04, 2009 9:14:34 AM
 Centurion

After World War II they were, before that they were more of a punching bag for every greatpower around them
Anders
Posted: Tuesday, August 04, 2009 1:14:24 PM
 Generalfeldmarschall

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal2012 Good Cause Support MedalBanned in ActionAuthor of 7000th post

Romania, like Pol Pot's Khmer Rouge and Mao's China, went in a separate direction from the Soviet Union. Their Gypsy Premier, Ceau-however-you-spell-it, was rather popular with western governments due to that, very much like Pinochet in Chile was popular.

"Hvor fattige var de ikke, disse fiskere som levde av havets nåde! De slet sig gjennom livet uten å se sig om til høire eller til venstre. Deres gleder var få, deres bekymringer mange. Men de hadde allikevel et gemyttlig smil til den fremmede, en munter vise og en lun historie. For sånn er de, disse Sørlandets barn."

King of Men wrote:
Anders is correct.

Fivoin wrote:
Yeah, Anders is right.

baronbowden wrote:
I would tend to agree with Anders.

Support Ederon.net via your Amazon purchases!

I joined Ederon.net before it became mainstream
SilverBolt
Posted: Tuesday, August 04, 2009 2:16:58 PM
 Centurion

Lol! If you guys were twice as smart you'd still qualify as mentally gifted.

Well see whos laughing 20 years from now. Thumbs Up
sonofliberty
Posted: Tuesday, August 04, 2009 2:24:40 PM
Free Man

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalBiggest Spammer '08 Award

It was debatable. I would say that they in fact were a soviet puppet in the classic sense, but that some how Nicolae Ceau┼čescu gained some "freedom". I have always wondered if this was in fact a ruse to allow the soviets a "back door" through which western aid and currency could flow. That function was carried out to a degree by Yugoslavia.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. -- That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, -- That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness."

There is a new game on the way Project Blitzkrieg
Anders
Posted: Tuesday, August 04, 2009 6:01:37 PM
 Generalfeldmarschall

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal2012 Good Cause Support MedalBanned in ActionAuthor of 7000th post

SilverBolt wrote:
Lol! If you guys were twice as smart you'd still qualify as mentally retarded.

I see the quality of your remarks are still at their usual high standard.
Quote:
Well see whos laughing 20 years from now. Thumbs Up

That will not be the country with the largest per capita Gypsy population in the world.

"Hvor fattige var de ikke, disse fiskere som levde av havets nåde! De slet sig gjennom livet uten å se sig om til høire eller til venstre. Deres gleder var få, deres bekymringer mange. Men de hadde allikevel et gemyttlig smil til den fremmede, en munter vise og en lun historie. For sånn er de, disse Sørlandets barn."

King of Men wrote:
Anders is correct.

Fivoin wrote:
Yeah, Anders is right.

baronbowden wrote:

SilverBolt
Posted: Tuesday, August 04, 2009 7:08:01 PM
 Centurion

Anders wrote:
That will not be the country with the largest per capita Gypsy population in the world.

no need argue the obvious for you will distort reality and in some instance replace it with your own in order to fit your sick perverted Anderpedia.

Scum.
Anders
Posted: Tuesday, August 04, 2009 9:06:33 PM
 Generalfeldmarschall

SilverBolt wrote:
Let's play nice

We already know what you are, but thanks for making sure newcomers know your nature.

King of Men wrote:
Anders is correct.

Fivoin wrote:
Yeah, Anders is right.

baronbowden wrote:

sonofliberty
Posted: Tuesday, August 04, 2009 9:21:13 PM
Free Man

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalBiggest Spammer '08 Award

Can we try for a friendly discussion please?

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. -- That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, -- That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness."

There is a new game on the way Project Blitzkrieg
Anders
Posted: Tuesday, August 04, 2009 9:26:33 PM
 Generalfeldmarschall

sonofliberty wrote:
I have always wondered if this was in fact a ruse to allow the soviets a "back door" through which western aid and currency could flow. That function was carried out to a degree by Yugoslavia.

Not so. Western "aid" did not "trickle down" to the USSR in any way that mattered. Yugoslavia, was, btw, completely independent of the USSR since the late 40s/early 50s, even if some people wrongly place it as "behind the iron curtain". Unlike Romania, it wasn't in the Warsaw Pact.

King of Men wrote:
Anders is correct.

Fivoin wrote:
Yeah, Anders is right.

baronbowden wrote:

TheWretchedMass
Posted: Wednesday, August 05, 2009 2:41:49 AM
 Major

IMO, they were a puppet of Soviet Union, if Romania would of ever violated the Brezhnev Doctrine they would have been over run like Poland, Hungary or Czechoslovakia. Silver seems to think Russia didnt invade them because Romania was the 4th largest arms dealer LOL! So they give away all their arms and this is supposed to scare the Soviet Union? They would have been crushed within weeks easily.