Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

So....? Options · View
Nachoz
Posted: Monday, July 27, 2009 8:25:55 PM
 1st Lieutenant

One Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal

Im in for any NA game.... HOI3 or HOI2... guess Cue would be back soon so we need to start prepping ourselves....Smile
cueball
Posted: Monday, July 27, 2009 8:36:30 PM
 Tribunus laticlavius

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalInspiring Poster '08 AwardAuthor of 10000th Post

Well I am back.

For a straighforward copy over zip version go here: Goerings Delay -- NZQS -- 1.3b.rar

The Mod can also be set up with the Jones Generic Mod Enabler and has worked fine in that mode in my tests. This version has everything in it, 1.3beta, JSGME and the East is Red patch, and can be installed straight to your Armageddon 1.2 (ZBLV) folder without disrupting vanilla at all. It has the 1.3beta exe update and JGSME Mod system right in it. Just unzip to your main doomsday folder, copy the contents of the folder, then past into the main folder, then enable the mod using the JSGME system. Once you execute the JSGME it is pretty self-explanatory: EIR NZQS --ARMA 1.3beta complete 1.3b

Small patch from XTPS or NZQS 1.2 to NZQS 1.3b: Goering EIR -- Patch 1.3b

It would be a dangerous folly for the British people to underrate the enduring position in world history which Mussolini will hold; or the amazing qualities of courage, comprehension, self-control and perseverance which he exemplifies.

Sir Winston -- 1937
Nachoz
Posted: Monday, July 27, 2009 11:02:06 PM
 1st Lieutenant

Great, i hope you are fine after whatever you were doing...Wink

My HOI3 copy should arrive around 10th aug.... and now im pretty much free for any week night..... so i guess we need 4 more for our first MP Hoi3 game...

If people prefer we could play another HOI2 game... or even Counterstrike... i dont care... i NEED to play something....
GoodbyeBluesky
Posted: Tuesday, July 28, 2009 12:04:59 AM
 Centurion

I will get my copy via download but im in several Eu3 Games right now. Wednesdays/Thursdays and Sunday´s so could be hard to squeeze Hoi3 into that

Edit: Welcome back Cue
TheWretchedMass
Posted: Tuesday, July 28, 2009 6:58:58 AM
 Major

confinement
Posted: Thursday, July 30, 2009 12:56:13 PM
 Corporal

I'm game for HOI3 as soon as I get my copy. Also, I'll be out of town Aug 6th thru 15th.

P.S. I hope my computer has the balls to run the new game.
cueball
Posted: Thursday, July 30, 2009 1:46:05 PM
 Tribunus laticlavius

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalInspiring Poster '08 AwardAuthor of 10000th Post

I read on the paradox forum that the stats for the game at Gamersgate and elsewhere are wrong, and that it basically requires a video card with 256k RAM, Pentium IV or better processor (basically 2.0 Ghrtz+ for the AMD systems you don't need the Quad Core), and 1 meg RAM... 2 if you are running Vista, because Vista is a RAM hog. Probably with a slow processor the game will slow down at the end run.

For a straighforward copy over zip version go here: Goerings Delay -- NZQS -- 1.3b.rar

The Mod can also be set up with the Jones Generic Mod Enabler and has worked fine in that mode in my tests. This version has everything in it, 1.3beta, JSGME and the East is Red patch, and can be installed straight to your Armageddon 1.2 (ZBLV) folder without disrupting vanilla at all. It has the 1.3beta exe update and JGSME Mod system right in it. Just unzip to your main doomsday folder, copy the contents of the folder, then past into the main folder, then enable the mod using the JSGME system. Once you execute the JSGME it is pretty self-explanatory: EIR NZQS --ARMA 1.3beta complete 1.3b

It would be a dangerous folly for the British people to underrate the enduring position in world history which Mussolini will hold; or the amazing qualities of courage, comprehension, self-control and perseverance which he exemplifies.

Sir Winston -- 1937
Nachoz
Posted: Thursday, July 30, 2009 4:43:24 PM
 1st Lieutenant

With the EU3 Engine PDOX did a horrible job... a game that should run smoothly in low/med rig needs a more powerfull one and just because of programming probs and a crappy 3D interface.... but WHO cares... i need it.... badly....

Ive kicked.... ok ive been kicked by my exGF so now ive plenty of time to avoid being crying in my bed...

So what do we try.... seems that Cue wants to wait before starting a HOI3 game... ive no problem on starting a HOI2 EIR one....
confinement
Posted: Thursday, July 30, 2009 5:31:23 PM
 Corporal

I would prefer HOI3, but it's such a new game that I believe it would take some SP time to get used to it before trying MP. HOI2 ARM would be OK as a last resort, but I'm sure I don't have the latest MEM patch. I currently have SBRG loaded. I guess I'd really prefer HOI3.
Anders
Posted: Thursday, July 30, 2009 7:51:44 PM
 Generalfeldmarschall

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal2012 Good Cause Support MedalBanned in ActionAuthor of 7000th post

You pussy.
You should throw yourself at the game straight away, not play it to death in singleplayer like a wanker.

"Hvor fattige var de ikke, disse fiskere som levde av havets nåde! De slet sig gjennom livet uten å se sig om til høire eller til venstre. Deres gleder var få, deres bekymringer mange. Men de hadde allikevel et gemyttlig smil til den fremmede, en munter vise og en lun historie. For sånn er de, disse Sørlandets barn."

King of Men wrote:
Anders is correct.

Fivoin wrote:
Yeah, Anders is right.

baronbowden wrote:
I would tend to agree with Anders.

Support Ederon.net via your Amazon purchases!

I joined Ederon.net before it became mainstream
cueball
Posted: Thursday, July 30, 2009 9:24:45 PM
 Tribunus laticlavius

Nachoz wrote:
With the EU3 Engine PDOX did a horrible job... a game that should run smoothly in low/med rig needs a more powerfull one and just because of programming probs and a crappy 3D interface.... but WHO cares... i need it.... badly....

Ive kicked.... ok ive been kicked by my exGF so now ive plenty of time to avoid being crying in my bed...

So what do we try.... seems that Cue wants to wait before starting a HOI3 game... ive no problem on starting a HOI2 EIR one....

Well, hmmm. Yeah, I have concerns about being an HOI III beta tester for MP. I think it should run fairly well, since many of the engine bugs will have been ironed out in EUIII, which shares the same engine. More seriously, I think if we start a game of the game will be slow because players will be trying to figure out what to do, and likely people will make serious mistakes and dead end themselves and kill the game. Especially if we start right after the game comes out.

Alternately, we could play through another campaign of HOI II. But lets not forget that HOI has its share of latent connectivty problems and crashes and so on, so that might compensate. We could test a session of HOI III starting after it comes out, and see how it is running for us and then if we are having problems revert to HOI II for the next session, and wait to get to know the game better, and for the first patch.

If we are waiting for HOI III we are starting in 2 weeks, on the 10th or 11th, I guess.

Sir Winston -- 1937
Nachoz
Posted: Thursday, July 30, 2009 11:24:21 PM
 1st Lieutenant

Im in for any 10-11-12-13-etc th day...Big Grin
confinement
Posted: Monday, August 03, 2009 4:34:37 PM
 Corporal

You folks are welcome to start whenever you like, but I won't be back in town until Saturday Aug 15th.
confinement
Posted: Sunday, August 16, 2009 1:15:51 PM
 Corporal

OK kids, back in town. Gonna load the game tonight and see if my dinosaur computer will run it. I hope it does, otherwise I'll have to battle the Mrs. for a new one.
Nachoz
Posted: Sunday, August 16, 2009 4:47:52 PM
 1st Lieutenant

Threaten that she will get no more Mr Little Conf if she doesnt buy you a new comp... i guess if that works for them it can work for us....no? Baby

Anyway try the game but it seems that for now its not worth to start a HOI3 game... too many bugs, lags and etc.....

For now we are starting tomorrow a little EU Rome game...
cueball
Posted: Sunday, August 16, 2009 5:18:32 PM
 Tribunus laticlavius

confinement wrote:
OK kids, back in town. Gonna load the game tonight and see if my dinosaur computer will run it. I hope it does, otherwise I'll have to battle the Mrs. for a new one.

You might be able to upgrade it and get considerable performance improvement.

Sir Winston -- 1937
Nachoz
Posted: Sunday, August 16, 2009 5:22:26 PM
 1st Lieutenant

cueball wrote:
You might be able to upgrade it and get considerable performance improvement.

And maybe that way you wont need to get her out to a rest or buy her flowers saying how pretty she looks...Wink
cueball
Posted: Sunday, August 16, 2009 6:05:41 PM
 Tribunus laticlavius

It really depends on the basic motherboard, and the socket set.

Sir Winston -- 1937
confinement
Posted: Monday, August 17, 2009 4:39:24 PM
 Corporal

Plan A didn't work. When I tried to start the game, an icon popped up that said something like "A pixel shader of 2.0 or better is required to run the game", and the game wouldn't load after that. So, plan B is to have my son's buddy, an actual computer expert/geek, look over my 7 year old system to see if something can be done with it. If not, there's always plan C.
cueball
Posted: Monday, August 17, 2009 4:46:17 PM
 Tribunus laticlavius

Pixel shader is relevant to the card, but is not really a heavy duty thing. The big issue with an upgrade is if your socket set for your chip is still in use, or was recently in use for production. If so then you might be able to get a decent chip. For example, I believe AMD produced their early dual core processors on socket 939, which was just coming into being 7 years ago. It is not absolutely necessary to have PCIE (or better bus) for the card, though you are more likely to find a good video card if you do. Then of course the number of slots on your board for RAM is probably the most important thing for running this game, it is not as graphically intensive as most games.

A decent video card, more RAM and a good chip. About 300 to 400 if you shop right -- I am thinking in CAN$. And then maybe your computer will run this game.

Still at seven years old you can probably find a platform that will run the game, and then be upgradeable to the next generation of games, as you need for another $200.

Sir Winston -- 1937
confinement
Posted: Tuesday, August 18, 2009 1:04:41 PM
 Corporal

Then there's hope. Thanks!