Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Latest EIR patch for HOI II Armageddon 1.3b, playable in SP. Options · View
cueball
Posted: Wednesday, September 23, 2009 5:31:25 PM
 Tribunus laticlavius

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalInspiring Poster '08 AwardAuthor of 10000th Post

The patch goes over 1.3b, which has resolved a number of issues, such as some naval crashes.

This version of EIR plays in SP, as well as MP, and is designed to simulate human strategic decisions. As well, Germany is not locked into a pre-arranged Danzig date, but chooses its timing for attack. It can DOW Czech even, rather than waiting for it to fall. German player can rush build and attack early or build IC, and wait until later. Russia is supposed to be designed to have a fair game, even if Germany forgets about France and attacks it in 39, succeeds in defeating France in 39, and attack the Soviet Union in 1940, and if it plays historically for a 1941 Barbarossa.

Check it out in SP to see what the AI will do. One thing, arranging for the peaceful collapse of the Czechoslovakia is dependent on Germany having sufficient army to compete with the Allied powers, but when it does, Munich will fire when Germany demands the Sudetenland through the game engine, and not by event. Lots going on here, and it should be playable in SP if people are interested.

For those who haven't played this patch before, the main theme of the patch is for a generally historical game, that allows for a-historical directions starting from Anschluss in 1938. Doing wild non-historical variations before that point (such as Russia DOW'ing Romania in 36) basically subvert the system. As well, the Allies should let Germany start the war, when it wants too.

And a new country: The British Raj -- India as an quasi autonomous colonial state

It is basically an entirely different game. I'll put out a more extensive list of changes later -- there are many. This is still a Beta and all comments are welcome.

Download

For a straighforward copy over zip version go here: Goerings Delay -- NZQS -- 1.3b.rar

The Mod can also be set up with the Jones Generic Mod Enabler and has worked fine in that mode in my tests. This version has everything in it, 1.3beta, JSGME and the East is Red patch, and can be installed straight to your Armageddon 1.2 (ZBLV) folder without disrupting vanilla at all. It has the 1.3beta exe update and JGSME Mod system right in it. Just unzip to your main doomsday folder, copy the contents of the folder, then past into the main folder, then enable the mod using the JSGME system. Once you execute the JSGME it is pretty self-explanatory: EIR NZQS --ARMA 1.3beta complete 1.3b

Small patch from XTPS or NZQS 1.2 to NZQS 1.3b: Goering EIR -- Patch 1.3b

It would be a dangerous folly for the British people to underrate the enduring position in world history which Mussolini will hold; or the amazing qualities of courage, comprehension, self-control and perseverance which he exemplifies.

Sir Winston -- 1937
TheWretchedMass
Posted: Thursday, September 24, 2009 2:11:07 AM
 Major

One Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal

Is that a carrier tactics admiral?
cueball
Posted: Thursday, September 24, 2009 2:26:12 AM
 Tribunus laticlavius

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalInspiring Poster '08 AwardAuthor of 10000th Post

Good point. That said he is the historical person in charge of fleet in the region, and the stats are from the original file HOI file for Parry. They should probably be changed.

For a straighforward copy over zip version go here: Goerings Delay -- NZQS -- 1.3b.rar

The Mod can also be set up with the Jones Generic Mod Enabler and has worked fine in that mode in my tests. This version has everything in it, 1.3beta, JSGME and the East is Red patch, and can be installed straight to your Armageddon 1.2 (ZBLV) folder without disrupting vanilla at all. It has the 1.3beta exe update and JGSME Mod system right in it. Just unzip to your main doomsday folder, copy the contents of the folder, then past into the main folder, then enable the mod using the JSGME system. Once you execute the JSGME it is pretty self-explanatory: EIR NZQS --ARMA 1.3beta complete 1.3b

It would be a dangerous folly for the British people to underrate the enduring position in world history which Mussolini will hold; or the amazing qualities of courage, comprehension, self-control and perseverance which he exemplifies.

Sir Winston -- 1937
SilverBolt
Posted: Thursday, September 24, 2009 7:29:17 AM
 Centurion

you should patch up those small countries...iraq, bhutan new zeeland.
TheWretchedMass
Posted: Thursday, September 24, 2009 7:31:19 AM
 Major

Im gonna play a single player game as japan this weekend and check it out
cueball
Posted: Thursday, September 24, 2009 12:22:34 PM
 Tribunus laticlavius

There are a few fixes that need to be done still.

For one thing, I think the SU is a little tough especially in MP because I removed the GDE nerf. In order to make them less strong I changed their land docs by shifting a lot of the early moral bonus up to the 1941 docs. This way they should achieve the Doctrine strength in 1940/41 as they usually do, but are not so awesome in the early game. In short I replaced the GDE nerf with a Doctrine nerf. Trying to balance the SP requirement of having a fairly tough AI to deal with in Russia in 39/40/41 and at the same time one that is not easily exploitable is difficult.

My other requirement is that the Soviet Union should have something like historical division numbers so reducing the number of divisions by reducing IC is not desirable either. But I am working on that.

Also, if you see Britain starts the game with practically no land divisions, since they now have the British Indian Army. I still want to insert an event system into the Raj that will help prevent using the Raj for the all or nothing strategy in France, because she does produce quite a lot of units.

My idea there is to put the UK player in charge of Indian policy, determining if it goes on a war footing right away and so on. Putting it on a war footing will increase dissent, partisans and so on, while putting it on a development policy path will build its IC, and give it its second tech slot, and reduce dissent.

You will also note that the AI for the Soviet Union, Germany and Italy all produce IC up until about late 1937, and then mobilize after that.

Sir Winston -- 1937
cueball
Posted: Friday, September 25, 2009 7:18:03 PM
 Tribunus laticlavius

So I am interested in organizing a NA schedule game on this patch 2 v 2 or 3 v 3. Post if interested.

Sir Winston -- 1937
Nachoz
Posted: Friday, September 25, 2009 7:50:04 PM
 1st Lieutenant

Im in... the only day i cant is WED... if possible i would pick sunday as my favorite...

If possible i would love to try GER (never played it on EIR)... else i can take anything...Wink
cueball
Posted: Friday, September 25, 2009 8:33:57 PM
 Tribunus laticlavius

That would be cool. Why don't you play it through as germany and see what you think. I personally think USSR is too strong and you should be able to tell just by playing it through in SP. We can get a couple of others, I think MG is interested, and also ISD. What about Confinement? Also Athe, he was in on the Rome thing.

I like Sunday starting in a couple of weeks, after my new connection is all sorted out. 20 CET til late even.

Sir Winston -- 1937
cueball
Posted: Saturday, September 26, 2009 1:38:21 AM
 Tribunus laticlavius

Actuallly Nachoz, lets just start 1 v 1, and play out the first part of the game Germany against UK. That will be a good playtest for a lot of things and also a lot of fun. Others want to come, I am sure they will sooner or later.

Thumbs Up

Maybe Tuesday at the regular time...

Sir Winston -- 1937
cueball
Posted: Sunday, September 27, 2009 3:22:06 PM
 Tribunus laticlavius

A couple of things, in case anyone is wondering how to fire the end of the Molotov Ribbentrop Pact, it is pretty simple: Draw the German army up to the border of the Soviet Union, and an event will fire monthly asking if the German player wants to end the Non_Aggression_Pact.

Sir Winston -- 1937
Sch
Posted: Sunday, September 27, 2009 4:55:46 PM
 Oberstleutnant

On what version of hoi should your mod be applied?

"The Pope? How many divisions has he got?"
cueball
Posted: Sunday, September 27, 2009 5:27:35 PM
 Tribunus laticlavius

It goes over HOI II Armageddon 1.3b, the most recent Beta patch made by the community patch team.

Sir Winston -- 1937
cueball
Posted: Sunday, September 27, 2009 7:56:15 PM
 Tribunus laticlavius

New East is Red Beta for Armageddon 1.3b: Update Sepember 27th -- Goering's Delay.

Sir Winston -- 1937
Crilloan
Posted: Monday, December 07, 2009 7:30:24 AM
 Corporal

I reinstalled armageddon and thought i would give this a spin.
((having a hard time getting into hoi3, unfortunately)

Started up a game as sovjet, big difference to what i could achieve in army size and research . I used to tech rush industry ut thats not feasible anymore.

Have you changed the techteams?
USSR fighter research Yakovlev had 8 before?

One thought, wouldnt the Raij have 20 IC so that they could have 2 teams?
Might be to weak?

I had a crash in late summer 41 when I tried to annex RUM.
(germany were beating me in the north ;-))

Will try out more

/C
cueball
Posted: Monday, December 07, 2009 10:03:06 AM
 Tribunus laticlavius

Hey. Thanks for trying it out. Glad to here the Germans are giving you are hard time.

Generally pre-teching has been reduced a lot, among other things this was supposed to produce a mix of different types of units on the Eastern Front. The emphasis has been on creating historical-like build orders, and reducing army size has been done through a number of means. The pre-war IC nerf for SU was put in precisely to reduce the number of units that the SU could build prior to war.

The Soviet Doctrine tech teams have been improved in 1.3b, Shaposhnikov is skill 4, and Tukhachevsky got a 4th skill. But the whole doctrine tree has been changed a lot, for example in 1.3b I removed the GDE nerfs and changed the Doctrine instead, on the other hand I did nerf Yakolev a bit, since he was so good, he could be used instead of the Doctrine researchers for good effect.

Can't explain why it might have crashed around Romania annex. As this the Romania changes sides event or a just a manual annex? Perhaps you could post the save.

vis the Raj, I was going to add colonial policy events the Raj to give it more IC. Something like every year UK sets the colonial policy, with liberalization the Raj will get more of its cores (it has none now Smile ), but it will aim also to build more buildings such as IC and static defenses, and less units, while a harder colonial policy will produce more deploy-able units.

Sir Winston -- 1937
rwglaub
Posted: Saturday, December 12, 2009 1:50:16 AM
Recruit

Three provinces in Belgium are ocean: Brugges, Laon, Chimax and one provinces in France: Sedan.

Robert Glaub
rwglaub
Posted: Monday, December 14, 2009 11:24:57 PM
Recruit

Never mind. I'm an idiot. I didn't run JSGME before I loaded the mod.

Are Landing Craft supposed to be long range and transports short range?

Maybe you should put a note at the start of Goering's Delay that if the Germans wait until 1942 they won't get Vichy.

Robert Glaub