Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Edit requests for session February 27th Options · View
King of Men
Posted: Saturday, February 20, 2010 10:00:03 PM
 Legatus legionis

One Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal

Bug fix: In the end save I do not have the tech 'Multirole Fighters', which I finished researching during the session. This is presumably a lag-related bug.

Read my blog.
Norway Rome The Khanate Scotland Scotinavia Christendie the Serene Republic has always been at war with the Bretons False Empire Caliphate Persians Russians English Hungarians Oceanians Saracen Jackal! Death, death, death to the Frogs barbarians infidels necromancers vodka-drinking hegemonists Sassenach nomad menace Yellow Menace heathen Great Old One!
Carillons
Posted: Saturday, February 20, 2010 10:18:05 PM
 Commander

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal

Also, I think I lost a division of troops due to a bug. Will need the final save to be sure.
Jakalo
Posted: Monday, February 22, 2010 9:28:07 PM
 Hauptmann

I would like 9 of my MEC restored as they were destroyed by retreat bug as you can see in these screenshots.

And I would also like to point out that redeploying out of encirclement is forbiden, I dont know If I want GM move yet and maybe that can be explained otherwise.

http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/7796/screensave128.jpg

http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/4202/screensave125.jpg

http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/2903/screensave80.jpg

http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/7308/screensave79.jpg

If you can`t do something smart, do something right.

Frosty wrote:
Great Strategic Master Jakalo.

We should all heed to deep wisdom revealed by ancient one.
Anders
Posted: Monday, February 22, 2010 9:37:53 PM
 Generalfeldmarschall

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal2012 Good Cause Support MedalBanned in ActionAuthor of 7000th post

Out of context, those screenies only show your units retreating to a province that's occupied in the next screenie.

"Hvor fattige var de ikke, disse fiskere som levde av havets nåde! De slet sig gjennom livet uten å se sig om til høire eller til venstre. Deres gleder var få, deres bekymringer mange. Men de hadde allikevel et gemyttlig smil til den fremmede, en munter vise og en lun historie. For sånn er de, disse Sørlandets barn."

King of Men wrote:
Anders is correct.

Fivoin wrote:
Yeah, Anders is right.

baronbowden wrote:
I would tend to agree with Anders.

Support Ederon.net via your Amazon purchases!

I joined Ederon.net before it became mainstream
Jakalo
Posted: Monday, February 22, 2010 9:46:27 PM
 Hauptmann

Anders wrote:
Out of context, those screenies only show your units retreating to a province that's occupied in the next screenie.

I dont get you, what are you referring to?

Frosty wrote:

King of Men
Posted: Monday, February 22, 2010 9:47:55 PM
 Legatus legionis

For some reason, my browser is only loading about half of your second two screenies; I'll comment on that later when I can see the whole thing. For the first two, you have 24+6 divisions in Limoges and Clermont at 0700, and then at 1700 you have 16+5, so you'd like the missing 9 restored; is that correct?

Read my blog.
Norway Rome The Khanate Scotland Scotinavia Christendie the Serene Republic has always been at war with the Bretons False Empire Caliphate Persians Russians English Hungarians Oceanians Saracen Jackal! Death, death, death to the Frogs barbarians infidels necromancers vodka-drinking hegemonists Sassenach nomad menace Yellow Menace heathen Great Old One!
Jakalo
Posted: Monday, February 22, 2010 9:49:42 PM
 Hauptmann

King of Men wrote:
For some reason, my browser is only loading about half of your second two screenies; I'll comment on that later when I can see the whole thing. For the first two, you have 24+6 divisions in Limoges and Clermont at 0700, and then at 1700 you have 16+5, so you'd like the missing 9 restored; is that correct?

Yes

Frosty wrote:

King of Men
Posted: Tuesday, February 23, 2010 1:43:17 AM
 Legatus legionis

Ok, I can see the other two images now. So at 0100 you see 50 divisions retreating from Perpignan, then at 1300 there are only 34, and no sign of the rest; and your naval landing is about to create an encirclement of these troops. That doesn't look so good, true. There are a few explanations other than SRing out:

• Could the missing divisions have been very weak, and destroyed by your air force?
  • Alternatively, perhaps your intel estimates are off in one or the other of those two pics? It is at least possible that there are actually 40 divisions there all along.
  • Perhaps some of those troops were retreating to Tolouse? Suppose 16 of them got into Tolouse, and 19 troops exited Tolouse for Clermont-Ferrand, which isn't visible in your first screenie, and we can't see how many troops are there in the second; then the numbers might match up.

Comments from OrangeYoshi or Carillon?

Read my blog.
  • Carillons
    Posted: Tuesday, February 23, 2010 3:26:18 AM
     Commander

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal

King of Men wrote:

Yeah, I can say that I didn't SD out, I was in fact very frustrated by their encirclement. What I can say is that I do think the intel was off, I don't actually remember having 50 troops there at the time. However I can't be sure of how many French troops were there, I only had an army of 8 present which was wiped. I would think it would be intel issues, but I can't be sure.
    OrangeYoshi
    Posted: Tuesday, February 23, 2010 5:45:13 AM
     General

King of Men wrote:

It's gotta be from his AF or Intel issues. I didn't SR once during the whole session.

Toulouse was already captured, so no one retreated there.

After an attack, our ORG was wiped out entirely if we lost, so it is entirely possible his AF did that.

Edit: Actually, my AF was dominant in that area at that time, so it has got to just be Intel issues.
    Gollevainen
    Posted: Tuesday, February 23, 2010 7:24:44 AM
     Legatus legionis

One Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalAuthor of 50,000th Forum Post

In my last session as a fin, I lost a battle with 9 divs and they got whiped out instead of retreating. That could be the case here also. I noticed that at the time that incidence happened, Japanese troops were weak, I won them with superior numerical odds to their sides. I assume the supply routes to France weren't fully functioning at that time.

FÜR DEN SCHUTZ DER ARBEITER UND BAUERN MACHT

Irsh Faq wrote:
    I've noted with Golle a trend of stirring up as much drama publicly as he can whenever he's up to something shady in the background. Presumably its a smokescreen strategy.
    Jakalo
    Posted: Tuesday, February 23, 2010 10:01:09 AM
     Hauptmann

King of Men wrote:
    Ok, I can see the other two images now. So at 0100 you see 50 divisions retreating from Perpignan, then at 1300 there are only 34, and no sign of the rest; and your naval landing is about to create an encirclement of these troops. That doesn't look so good, true. There are a few explanations other than SRing out:

• Could the missing divisions have been very weak, and destroyed by your air force?
  • Alternatively, perhaps your intel estimates are off in one or the other of those two pics? It is at least possible that there are actually 40 divisions there all along.
  • Perhaps some of those troops were retreating to Tolouse? Suppose 16 of them got into Tolouse, and 19 troops exited Tolouse for Clermont-Ferrand, which isn't visible in your first screenie, and we can't see how many troops are there in the second; then the numbers might match up.

• I had no airforrce doing ground attack at the time.
  • I havent ever experienced intel telling me the wrong number of divisions (as do Edzako).
  • Divisions in Perpignan were never attacked till closing of encirclement so they couldnt retreat anywhere.

Frosty wrote:

• Jakalo
    Posted: Tuesday, February 23, 2010 10:06:23 AM
     Hauptmann

Gollevainen wrote:
    In my last session as a fin, I lost a battle with 9 divs and they got whiped out instead of retreating. That could be the case here also. I noticed that at the time that incidence happened, Japanese troops were weak, I won them with superior numerical odds to their sides. I assume the supply routes to France weren't fully functioning at that time.

Yes I saw that and thats why I asked if you redeployed them, I figured that was retreat bug after a while but didnt sweat about it too much because they were to be encircled and destroyed anyway.
    But this is common bug in MP where divisions disappear when commanded to retreat. If forces are beaten they retreat not goes puff and disappears all at once.

Frosty wrote:

Gollevainen
    Posted: Tuesday, February 23, 2010 11:04:47 AM
     Legatus legionis

In my case back in the siberia, the troops weren't called to retreat, they lost the battle and puff, they died like in Eu3...

...and they weren't going to be destroyed anyway, I lost all my divisions in that war (aside my tanks in the last phase to france in west) to airforces, your tanks were too slow in the siberian mud that they could have managed to pull any working pocketsWink

Irsh Faq wrote:
    I've noted with Golle a trend of stirring up as much drama publicly as he can whenever he's up to something shady in the background. Presumably its a smokescreen strategy.
    Jakalo
    Posted: Tuesday, February 23, 2010 4:56:43 PM
     Hauptmann

Gollevainen wrote:
    In my case back in the siberia, the troops weren't called to retreat, they lost the battle and puff, they died like in Eu3...

...and they weren't going to be destroyed anyway, I lost all my divisions in that war (aside my tanks in the last phase to france in west) to airforces, your tanks were too slow in the siberian mud that they could have managed to pull any working pocketsWink

I would have there but if you insist: 9 divisions restored for Russia.

Frosty wrote:

Foelsgaard
    Posted: Tuesday, February 23, 2010 5:09:21 PM
     Colonel

I had a few occasions where my divisions began retreating towards the enemy. That was a bit frustrating and I think i lost a few that way. Will remember to take screenshots next time (I always forget that we can edit out the bugs Sad ).
    Jakalo
    Posted: Tuesday, February 23, 2010 5:23:26 PM
     Hauptmann

Foelsgaard wrote:
    I had a few occasions where my divisions began retreating towards the enemy. That was a bit frustrating and I think i lost a few that way. Will remember to take screenshots next time (I always forget that we can edit out the bugs Sad ).

We are talking about a case where divisions disappear instead of retreating.

Divisions starting to retreat to a province already held by enemy is also a bug though, while a bit harder to monitor as divisions starting to retreat just before enemy takes the province is a fair game.

Frosty wrote:

Gollevainen
    Posted: Tuesday, February 23, 2010 5:26:22 PM
     Legatus legionis

Actually Now as I recall In last session inside the biggest pocket in the france, My divisions also started to retreat into a japanese held province and briefly captured it, so I guess that counts entire france now needs to be edited to Japan, as clearly that was the sole thing that saved us back thenWink

Irsh Faq wrote:
    Jakalo
    Posted: Tuesday, February 23, 2010 5:43:04 PM
     Hauptmann

Approved

Frosty wrote:

Jakalo
    Posted: Thursday, February 25, 2010 10:53:14 AM
     Hauptmann

Jakalo wrote:
  • I had no airforrce doing ground attack at the time.
  • I havent ever experienced intel telling me the wrong number of divisions (as do Edzako).
  • Divisions in Perpignan were never attacked till closing of encirclement so they couldnt retreat anywhere.

• I made a test with 1941 Germans on USSR front and it is 100% match so I presume 1.3 beta patch hasnt changed anything. Sill I cant say which of you was responsible (even more so with you MC each other) or even whose divisions were redeployed so I wont press the matter.

Frosty wrote:

Varyar
    Posted: Thursday, February 25, 2010 11:13:41 AM
     Centurion

Not an edit as such but I request a pause at the start of session so I can make 100% sure that my nukes are cancelled.
    E. Jünger
    Posted: Thursday, February 25, 2010 5:13:36 PM
     Corporal

AAR reward, MP

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showpost.php?p=10823872&postcount=2314

Let America know and ponder on this: there is something more frightening than Cain killing Abel, and that is Danomite killing Falador
    The Professor
    Posted: Saturday, February 27, 2010 2:56:18 AM
     General of the Army

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showpost.php?p=10830964&postcount=2362

I added this picture which is meant to be taken with the previous text AAR I made earlier in the week, reward manpower.

Their game can only exist to be won.
    Then so be it who else can see it done.