Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

The end... is now. Options · View
King of Men
Posted: Saturday, May 08, 2010 7:35:16 PM
 Legatus legionis

One Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal

Well, gentlemen, it seems it's over. In the presence of large arsenals of tactical nuclear weapons, it is effectively impossible to attack anyone; so we'll end the game here, without a clear winner (giving the peanuts something to argue about for the next month, no doubt...) and return to CK. It has, indeed, been a Great Game. Thanks to everyone who played.

Read my blog.
Norway Rome The Khanate Scotland Scotinavia Christendie the Serene Republic has always been at war with the Bretons False Empire Caliphate Persians Russians English Hungarians Oceanians Saracen Jackal! Death, death, death to the Frogs barbarians infidels necromancers vodka-drinking hegemonists Sassenach nomad menace Yellow Menace heathen Great Old One!
OrangeYoshi
Posted: Saturday, May 08, 2010 7:55:25 PM
 General

It was certainly a good game. Wish I had been there for the whole thing.

I think it's good that nukes are banned for CotF. You'll be hard pressed to find an area not in nuclear winter as of 1962 NSRAN. Big Grin
Carillons
Posted: Saturday, May 08, 2010 7:56:30 PM
 Commander

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal

Go Eurasia! Triumphant at last!
Frosty
Posted: Saturday, May 08, 2010 8:24:31 PM
 Major General

Endscreen! One Tooth Grin

Jakalo wrote:
You sir shame us in the eyes of the rest of the world.

King of Men wrote:
  • Frosty AAR: Stab. Stab, STAB, SLASH, KILL!

• el_zilcho321 wrote:
    God I hate Frosty.
    Beamed
    Posted: Saturday, May 08, 2010 8:26:58 PM
     Private 1st Class

If Beamed were there, it would have been over in a week. Cool
    Foelsgaard
    Posted: Saturday, May 08, 2010 9:58:59 PM
     Colonel

OrangeYoshi wrote:
    It was certainly a good game. Wish I had been there for the whole thing.

I think it's good that nukes are banned for CotF. You'll be hard pressed to find an area not in nuclear winter as of 1962 NSRAN. Big Grin

I don't think nukes are going to be as big a problem in HoI3 by virtue of there being a whole shitload of provinces (i.e. each nuke will do a lot less damage). I don't know how nukes work in HoI3 though.

If we are going to play HoI2 or AoD, then yes, no nukes would be better probably. The tactical nukes-but-not-really-nukes we could also live without as they are sort of gamey and require gamey tactics to resist (even if they did save France and Germany, twice).
    OrangeYoshi
    Posted: Saturday, May 08, 2010 10:15:04 PM
     General

Foelsgaard wrote:
    I don't think nukes are going to be as big a problem in HoI3 by virtue of there being a whole shitload of provinces (i.e. each nuke will do a lot less damage). I don't know how nukes work in HoI3 though.

If we are going to play HoI2 or AoD, then yes, no nukes would be better probably. The tactical nukes-but-not-really-nukes we could also live without as they are sort of gamey and require gamey tactics to resist (even if they did save France and Germany, twice).

Nukes in HOI3 just reduce infra, IC, and supplies as well as dropping NU. They don't effect troops at all.
    Frosty
    Posted: Saturday, May 08, 2010 10:20:49 PM
     Major General

OrangeYoshi wrote:
    Nukes in HOI3 just reduce infra, IC, and supplies as well as dropping NU. They don't effect troops at all.

Doesn't the nation break when brought to a low enough NU? How much does it reduce by? Do we have modable parameters?

Jakalo wrote:

King of Men wrote:

• el_zilcho321 wrote:
    God I hate Frosty.
    danomite
    Posted: Saturday, May 08, 2010 10:21:56 PM
     Tribunus laticlavius

Frosty wrote:
    Doesn't the nation break when brought to a low enough NU? How much does it reduce by? Do we have modable parameters?
    Should be moddable.

It is said that the future is always born in pain. The history of war is the history of pain.
    If we are wise, what is born of that pain matures into the promise of a better world,
    because we learn that we can no longer afford the mistakes of the past.
    Gollevainen
    Posted: Saturday, May 08, 2010 10:29:06 PM
     Legatus legionis

One Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalAuthor of 50,000th Forum Post

NOOOOO!!! The last session cannot be the one that I couldn't attend due technical issuesCry Cry Cry

Irsh Faq wrote:
    I've noted with Golle a trend of stirring up as much drama publicly as he can whenever he's up to something shady in the background. Presumably its a smokescreen strategy.
    The Professor
    Posted: Sunday, May 09, 2010 1:45:26 AM
     General of the Army

The discussion about nukes should wait until the Hoi era, no need to make any decision about it until then.

Their game can only exist to be won.
    Then so be it who else can see it done.
    thlawrence
    Posted: Sunday, May 09, 2010 6:18:51 AM
     Sergeant

I don't know if it has been discussed yet but I would suggest taking a 1 or 2 week break before moving over to CotF. This should give time for the mods to be finished, people to relax and prepare for the coming game and any remaining decisions to be made before the game begins.
    Falador
    Posted: Sunday, May 09, 2010 6:57:23 AM
     Major

The clear winner - Brittany, I nominate them, they played with great sportsman ship and made it to the end in carved up pieces, no were near the starting location of Brittany in the first place.

2nd place for my nomination is Quebec, for their pure goodness of wholesome hearty heart, and enduring with a pure advantage and finally being back stabbed at the end. Although Quebec was defeated they gained great respect in the eyes of the world and within the international community. The Allies had three times as many soldiers as the French, thirty times as many aircraft and a hundred times as many tanks and mechanized infantry. The Allied Army, however, had been crippled by the rouge Italian leader who provoked the great nuking of Arequipa in 1958. By failing to give the final and last island near the morocco coast in Africa, which was normally going to be given to Quebec after the International trust treaty for holding the islands. Only 4 islands where returned to the rightful Motherland, thus provoking the Norwegian Atomic Nuking of Arequipa. Reducing the full Allied army's morale and efficiency shortly after the outbreak of fighting. What most of the world doesn't know is that the Quebec Space program to reach Alpha Centurion by 1948 was canceled due to the annexation of the country and all it's global possessions, but its Moon Program however actually was a rip roaring success. With the landing of the moon of Adolf Gesundheit in 1953, and the first colonists later in 1955, Quebec was at the height of her Empire. But little did they know, that they weren't alone on the moon, there life lone enemies, who time after time crushed Quebec's mighty empire were there as well, the MOON GEORGIANS . After both sides identified who each other were combat quickly followed. All of Quebec's industry was put into this war, another large contributor to why they lost the French-Allied-sino war. New technology was developed the flying saucer and snowmobile in 56-late-to-early-57, one of Quebec's must effective means of fighting on the lunar soil. The Georgians were, and still are incredibly tough opponents, experienced and native to the soil. Mountain troops were sent in time capsules to reach the moon to continue the war effort, the most fluent unit in the coldness of the Dark Side of the moon. Back on the Global Agenda, Malaysia learned of the Alpha Centurion shuttle being built in Madagascar, They knew that if they wanted to survive in a world with them as the lead power, they must go to war. And they did recruiting services were in full flex and reserves were mobilized.

Propaganda to sway the masses, in defense of the Motherland were also ignited.

After much debate it was decided that the use of Nuclear weapons would be our only course of option, with most of her might fighting a war, Quebec had no means to protect it self on the planet. Nine (9) Nuclear Missiles were fired out of a control location near the Nile river. A warning missile was fired upon Malaysia's Capital city... Singapore.

Desperate Quebec-Malay-sino negotiations were held in the neutral territory of Iraq. (meaning I ran downstairs begging for peace while the game was paused*)
    "Eden, must we fight this war?"

"Yes, your race is impure, full of ynglings and Italians, blacks and Christians and Jews, immigration is not what some would say as "Good" it fills your country with enemies of the states, ones that will take over the banks and cause a crisis, revolt and spread Bolshevism."
    Eden announced with blistering rage.

Falador tried to negotiate peacefully - "If we do not sign a cease fire at once, fire and darkness will fall upon your greatest city."

As john Henry Eden's anger only got worse with the statement.
    "You... your country... of filth, does not have such a capability, to do so much destruction. Overstating your abilities does not work in this day and age. I shall not and never will sign a cease fire till every last Frenchmen is dead. Out with you."

That night Fire and Darkness and misery fell upon Singapore, and this was only the beginning. 8 more were fired, causing the great Delta Crater, destroying nearly all of Malaysia's industry forcing them to give up the war. A peace was signed giving up all territory east of the Nile, territory already turned into living space by French slaves under Malay rule.

A phony war emerged, until the framed Yngling nuking of the great metroopilus of Arequipa housing over 95% of Italy's population and 8% of the worlds.
    Although the International Community noted that Quebec's document for committing a Nuclear Attack were forged, Italy lead the invasion with Norway at its side. Polin Cowell a Italian general approached the International Community giving a speech that in fact it was Quebec who solely funded the use of WMD's on Italian soil and was responsible for nuking the great city of Arequipa. A Worldly Anti war Rally took place all across the world, to stop the Illegal invasion of Quebec. However Quebec's plead went unheeded. The attacks persisted.

Domestic Terrorist attacks appeared all across the Allied regime which, in-turn were also falsely prosecuted upon Quebec without success, these involve several High yield Nuclear attacks across the entire Allied regime, which had nothing once so ever to do with Quebec, but were still blamed on her anyways. The most famous of these was the Columbus December 7th Attack on the Yngling Industrious center, where 2 B-17 snowmobiles armed with a Atomic payload crashed into the Bunker, and another on the La Rochelle Octagon. They were all fired from the general direction of Quebec, but no proof was found.

The ILLEGAL invasion of Quebec continued capturing sites where there were believed to be WMD's, however none were found, and after years of treacherous fighting through the jungle and radiation pits of the 29 Nuclear warheads detonated on Quebec soil, and the annexation of Quebec, no Nuclear weapons of any sort were found. No missiles, war heads or anything remotely explosive was found within the country. They only found 1 level 9 Commercial for peaceful purposes nuclear power plant which by it's self was powering the entire country.

"Earlier today the Octagon released the following statement: "No Weapons of Massed destruction of any kind was found within the Cultural borders of Quebec, I admit that the Octagon was wrong and our intelligence was inferior we are terribly sorry for the incidents that followed, and all the French patriots, who were from France who committed the nuclear terrorist attacks. That is all"

King of Men wrote:
    A thousand-year darkness shall descend on the savage continent, and when at last it ends no man will recall that once there was a nation called Brittany. In this I speak truth.

And now we must ask ourselves this, what if this never happened, what if... 900 years ago it could have been different?

For my AAR Reward could I please have the release of Quebec. kthnxbye.

Then, everything changed when the Spaniards attacked.
    Gollevainen
    Posted: Sunday, May 09, 2010 3:29:14 PM
     Legatus legionis

One Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalAuthor of 50,000th Forum Post

well we could set some weekend as the preliminary starting weekend, and sort of "push" the slack bastards to do their jobWink
    By that we fins can shcedule some stuff around as summer weekends tends to be busy in all ends.

As for nukes and all other un-vanilla warfare in Hoi, I allready shared my views in Pdox forums, but in sense Blayne is rigth that it isen't cruisal now. (but lets not forget it completely)

Irsh Faq wrote:
    I've noted with Golle a trend of stirring up as much drama publicly as he can whenever he's up to something shady in the background. Presumably its a smokescreen strategy.
    Varyar
    Posted: Tuesday, May 11, 2010 7:35:46 PM
     Centurion

So the game ended in random nuclear carnage? C'est pas possible!

T'was fun though gents, a Great Game indeed Cool
    Frosty
    Posted: Wednesday, May 12, 2010 2:54:00 AM
     Major General

And if anyone was wondering if the game was truly over, we now have coz's confirmation Rolleyes

Jakalo wrote:

King of Men wrote:

• el_zilcho321 wrote:
    God I hate Frosty.
    King of Men
    Posted: Wednesday, May 12, 2010 3:58:10 AM
     Legatus legionis

Eh, he didn't close the thread. We can still post wrap-up AARs.

Read my blog.
    Norway Rome The Khanate Scotland Scotinavia Christendie the Serene Republic has always been at war with the Bretons False Empire Caliphate Persians Russians English Hungarians Oceanians Saracen Jackal! Death, death, death to the Frogs barbarians infidels necromancers vodka-drinking hegemonists Sassenach nomad menace Yellow Menace heathen Great Old One!