Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Monday Game Group Mod for SF 2.03c (YUCC) Options · View
Traks
Posted: Sunday, August 29, 2010 7:36:57 PM
 Centurion
One Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal

Should I clean up mod and then copy this one, or just add to existing mod folder?
Fiendix
Posted: Sunday, August 29, 2010 8:50:11 PM
 Pilus prior

Is this last patch still moddir?

Cant we just do it normally... jeez. So much confusion Banghead
Forgiven
Posted: Sunday, August 29, 2010 9:04:27 PM
 Pilus prior

Gah, ok, the way I did that, probably means it won't work very well without moddir. (As you get province info doubled for those 8 italian provinces) ->
The only change done was to remove "/italy/" from the path of history/provinces/italy/* ...
And yes, it's complete and I suggest not using it over the one ederon posted, bound to create mistakes, so delete that first then put this in mod directory.

Simple written instruction;
1. Find or make unmodified 2.03c version of the game (Checksum SIDW)
2. Make a double check there's no previous 'Monday' folder in 'Mod' Directory, if there is, remove it.
3. Take the 'Mod.rar' I posted, open and extract to the 'Mod' folder in your Hoi directory.
4. when starting, remember to choose the mod from list or start the way ederon instructed earlier in this thread somewhere, confirm you now have checksum YUCC and all is fine.

Different instruction for those who already put this 'over' the one Ederon gave...
-> Go to 'your hoi3 folder'/mod/monday/history/provinces and from there, delete the folder 'italy' and it's contents, (provinces folder should now only contain 8 files in format like '3427 - Trento'

Absolute power corrupts absolutely. Which is a problem, if you are powerless.
Traks
Posted: Sunday, August 29, 2010 9:21:01 PM
 Centurion

Okay, now it is understandable what to do.
I hope first post is also appropriately amended when possible.
Fiendix
Posted: Sunday, August 29, 2010 9:21:58 PM
 Pilus prior

Forgiven wrote:
Gah, ok, the way I did that, probably means it won't work very well without moddir. (As you get province info doubled for those 8 italian provinces) ->
The only change done was to remove "/italy/" from the path of history/provinces/italy/* ...
And yes, it's complete and I suggest not using it over the one ederon posted, bound to create mistakes, so delete that first then put this in mod directory.

Simple written instruction;
1. Find or make unmodified 2.03c version of the game (Checksum SIDW)
2. Make a double check there's no previous 'Monday' folder in 'Mod' Directory, if there is, remove it.
3. Take the 'Mod.rar' I posted, open and extract to the 'Mod' folder in your Hoi directory.
4. when starting, remember to choose the mod from list or start the way ederon instructed earlier in this thread somewhere, confirm you now have checksum YUCC and all is fine.

Different instruction for those who already put this 'over' the one Ederon gave...
-> Go to 'your hoi3 folder'/mod/monday/history/provinces and from there, delete the folder 'italy' and it's contents, (provinces folder should now only contain 8 files in format like '3427 - Trento'

why cant we just extract the files in the 1st post over the game as we used to do? Do we know if moddir works well in mp? Are there no problems in loading saves and transfering later on? Has anybody tested this?
Forgiven
Posted: Sunday, August 29, 2010 9:39:39 PM
 Pilus prior

I don't know that it doesn't work well Evil Grin
Basicly I wouldn't mind putting it over the game now that I finally realized that I want to make a copy of the game before doing that Rolleyes but at least this saves what, a GB of room?

Traks
Posted: Sunday, August 29, 2010 10:13:30 PM
 Centurion

I am sure that betatesters tested all that Smile
Still expect some mess tomorrow...
Anders
Posted: Sunday, August 29, 2010 10:22:57 PM
 Generalfeldmarschall

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal2012 Good Cause Support MedalBanned in ActionAuthor of 7000th post

Here's what I'm going to do:
1. Patch HOI3:SF up with latest patch and hotfix
2. Make a copy of the HOI3-folder
3. Put the "Monday" folder and "monday.mod" file into HOI3/mod
4. Start the game... somehow...

"Hvor fattige var de ikke, disse fiskere som levde av havets nåde! De slet sig gjennom livet uten å se sig om til høire eller til venstre. Deres gleder var få, deres bekymringer mange. Men de hadde allikevel et gemyttlig smil til den fremmede, en munter vise og en lun historie. For sånn er de, disse Sørlandets barn."

King of Men wrote:
Anders is correct.

Fivoin wrote:
Yeah, Anders is right.

baronbowden wrote:
I would tend to agree with Anders.

Support Ederon.net via your Amazon purchases!

I joined Ederon.net before it became mainstream
Fiendix
Posted: Sunday, August 29, 2010 10:34:21 PM
 Pilus prior

when you talk about depth is it only dependant on the depth of the game folder or of the mod folder? Ie if i have the game in a deep folder like games/paradox/hoi/moddedversions/hoi3/etc will it work? Crazy
Gen.Schuermann
Posted: Sunday, August 29, 2010 10:35:44 PM
 Generalfeldmarschall

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalAuthor of 9000th Post

he changed the directories. Mod dir can only go two subdirectories "deep". so he deleted the "italy" folder, just dumped the files in "provinces", one folder further up. that works like a charm then.

EDIT: Oh great i should have updated the site before i wrote this Schuer

In Soviet Russia, Schuermann defeats YOU!
Ederon
Posted: Sunday, August 29, 2010 11:17:33 PM
 Field Major

Thanks Forgiven. Thumbs Up So the checksum is YUCC. If you get anything else whether you use moddir or not, you did something wrong.
Forgiven
Posted: Monday, August 30, 2010 12:21:04 AM
 Pilus prior

As purely theoretical discussion, this still really confuses me even if it does seem to work...
...you see, if it doesn't read subdirectories deeper than the 2, then it should not 'extend' out the old ones in my brain, so it can read deep enough to 'not load' the original ones from game directory, but then fails to replace them? God I'm happy I don't remember crap about programming, I'd be thinking for a long time how that system has ever come to be in place otherwise...

Gen.Schuermann
Posted: Monday, August 30, 2010 9:15:30 AM
 Generalfeldmarschall

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalAuthor of 9000th Post

the problems is here i think that 'we' think the game needs subfolders in the mod folder, while it probably only needs the files that are changed. You could probably dump everything in the Monday Mod folder, without any subfolders. It cannot be described otherwise why it would read the italian files in a folder not assigned to it.

In Soviet Russia, Schuermann defeats YOU!
teamgene
Posted: Monday, August 30, 2010 5:25:19 PM
 Lieutenant Colonel

Hmm, cause I got the TIDH checksum as originally posted.......got yucc now.
Forgiven
Posted: Sunday, September 05, 2010 2:59:55 AM
 Pilus prior

If you are planning to use the mod in that other game too, I'd advice on adding to mod directory mod/monday/history/units/ENG_1938.txt that I'll attach to here in a moment, will fix the CAG's for england (And someone remember this for next game as I have awful feeling this won't find it's way to a patch anyways)...

P.S. First to figure out who my new avatar is wins a cookie or pint.

File Attachment(s):
ENG_1938.txt (41kb) downloaded 24 time(s).

juv95hrn
Posted: Tuesday, October 19, 2010 3:09:50 AM
 Lieutenant Colonel

One Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal2012 Good Cause Support Medal

I see that you have increased repair time for structures. I absolutely agree with this.

I also feel that repair time for naval units is way too short.

Its neither realistic not balanced that a naval unit that is sunk is gone forever and have to be rebuilt for maybe 2 years and the unit that gets away with strength 1 can be in combat within weeks. Historically it coudl take months and even years to repair heavily damaged ships.

You would also have to protect your damaged units for a longer time and size of port would be more important.

Increasing time of repair would be a kind of bonus to the loser of the admittedly often very random sea battles of HOI3.

Would it be possible to increase this some for the next campaign?

Is this a good idea you think?

Also if the game ever would progress into an invasion of France, do you think editing down Maginot forts to level 2 or so would be a good idea?
Ederon
Posted: Tuesday, October 19, 2010 10:05:59 AM
 Field Major

I agree on naval units repair rate. But I'm not sure it's maddable. We can check it though.