Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

The Eagle, now without swastika! (or: USA) Options · View
Gen.Schuermann
Posted: Tuesday, March 22, 2011 6:15:46 PM
 Generalfeldmarschall

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalAuthor of 9000th Post

Well i may have lost 60 IC (dont ask me how and where though, there is literally nothing on the west coast?)
Anyway, he will, despite counter propaganda, lose all his japanese divisions in mexico, if i dont royally fuck it up. In the end that will cost him more than it costs me. Or so i hope. Also i might be able to kill a decent chunk of his forces in the western US also. So i am not sure if it was a good idea of him in the end. IDK.

Anyway, that may indeed free up forces for us once i mop him up in the US. Hawaii still has some 20 divisions on it, so it'll withstand some initial attack. So i might leave the pacific for now (also since i will only have 6-8 or so carriers by mid 1941), and i wont have much more for the time being. I agree with the soft underbelly that is Italy. I am thinking about either a major offensive in turkey (freeing up SU divisions), holding action in turkey and major spanish invasion to open up Gibraltar (but facing Germany, then again taking pressure off the soviets) or landing in Italy.

I am kinda favoring Spain, it shortens our supply routes drastically.

In Soviet Russia, Schuermann defeats YOU!
juv95hrn
Posted: Tuesday, March 22, 2011 10:15:15 PM
 Lieutenant Colonel

One Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal2012 Good Cause Support Medal

Ok. This sounds better and better. I haven't checked the map but it sounds like there was some exaggereting. And even 60 IC temporarily is probably a good trade for their landing forces being eliminated losing IC and Manpower. When you put it like this it sure looks like he might have overcommitted or messed up. Wonder what went wrong. He looked so unopposed and unstoppable for a while.

And how is he going to kill off 20 divs in Hawaii? Thats a huge garrison and you should have air cover enough to not let him kill the port entirely right?

I agree with Spain. The line Bordeaux-Barcelona gives you 2 large ports and is very defensible. Once you snagged Gibraltar you can clean out the rest.

Puppetting Spain might actually be a good idea as GER. This is a huge piece of land to defend alone. Especially with Suez in Allied hands opening up the East coast as well.
Gen.Schuermann
Posted: Wednesday, March 23, 2011 5:19:18 PM
 Generalfeldmarschall

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalAuthor of 9000th Post

juv95hrn wrote:

1 Ok. This sounds better and better. I haven't checked the map but it sounds like there was some exaggereting. And even 60 IC temporarily is probably a good trade for their landing forces being eliminated losing IC and Manpower. When you put it like this it sure looks like he might have overcommitted or messed up. Wonder what went wrong. He looked so unopposed and unstoppable for a while.

2 And how is he going to kill off 20 divs in Hawaii? Thats a huge garrison and you should have air cover enough to not let him kill the port entirely right?

3 I agree with Spain. The line Bordeaux-Barcelona gives you 2 large ports and is very defensible. Once you snagged Gibraltar you can clean out the rest.
Puppetting Spain might actually be a good idea as GER. This is a huge piece of land to defend alone. Especially with Suez in Allied hands opening up the East coast as well.

I have let the AI do the work for me in the Us and mexico, and after i am done i come up with 430 effective IC. so in the end i lose not more than 40 IC, that's probably a good tradeoff for killing most of the invasion force, should i succeed. I just think he wanted to annoy me or seriously underestimated my fighting capacity. Yes, i had most of my army in India and britain, but paired with largescale production and getting most of the stuff home i got quite an impressive force.
I did indeed have virtually nothing on the westcoast, as i thought without hawaii he could not get there.

IDK, i had 10 divs in panama rotating in and out, i guess it's doable, but hawaii is acutally split in 2, so i do have rotating space, and yes, i should have a good airforce by now as i have been steadily expanding it (plus so many surplus CAGs since i lost so many CVs Schuer )

3. Yeah, check the other thread, we should try there in May/June/July, Hytzon.

Gen.Schuermann
Posted: Tuesday, April 05, 2011 12:37:32 AM
 Generalfeldmarschall

Could destroy only a handful of mot and inf brigades, not much more. I got Mexico and the westcoast back, right now the Japs keep Seattle and surroundings for themselves, determined to stay until they can be ferried out i guess. I am ferrying more and more forces in, i guess another week or three until they move out of that region.

Too bad they can SR much quicker than i can advance on foot, oh well.

They are stacking their shit around Panama right now, some 15-20 divisions all in all i guess, all they had on the west coast. I am unsure of their further goals. I see 3 scenarios:
1. Pull their stuff back to Asia to aid them against the SU and british, possibly try to claim Suez, maybe even West Africa. Possibly dangerous in case of our spanish invasion!
2. Naval invasion of the eastern seaboard of the US. Unlikely, given that i can deploy about three times as many forces.
3. Continue to harass South America

Conservative planning suggests 1, but i find 3 also likely, at least not with many forces though.

I have my jingoistic plan for Central American which i will outline in a new thread.

juv95hrn
Posted: Tuesday, April 05, 2011 3:51:48 AM
 Lieutenant Colonel

Russia would be greatful if the USA could offer to sell supplies to us. We have a large stockpile and surplus of daily cash that we should set to use.
Gen.Schuermann
Posted: Tuesday, April 05, 2011 8:21:02 AM
 Generalfeldmarschall

I myself am low on supplies, so unless i am reading it wrong and you actually offer me supplies, i must decline the bid Sad

juv95hrn
Posted: Friday, April 08, 2011 3:19:14 AM
 Lieutenant Colonel

Gen.Schuermann wrote:
I myself am low on supplies, so unless i am reading it wrong and you actually offer me supplies, i must decline the bid Sad

No, we want to buy. Consider it Lend-Lease and increase your production? Unless you consider the USA more threathened than USSR of course... Rolleyes
Gen.Schuermann
Posted: Friday, April 08, 2011 12:32:10 PM
 Generalfeldmarschall

Heh, true enough, i'll see where i can divert some resources for that. how much more do you need/want?

Gen.Schuermann
Posted: Tuesday, April 12, 2011 12:05:49 AM
 Generalfeldmarschall

Urgh, i lost ALL my transport fleets... i am building new ones, but it takes time, which we lack at this point. We really need to focus our naval forces now and hope for the best, to beat one or two japanese navies. I have 30-40 divisions waiting on the east coast to be shipped over -.-
Let's plan in the Honkey tonk thread.

Gen.Schuermann
Posted: Tuesday, April 19, 2011 12:09:59 PM
 Generalfeldmarschall

OK, last session went rather well after the desastrous loss of TP ships last session. the "next great surprise" by the JAPs did not happen, and with the defeat of the japs at Bermuda, it will not happen for another month or two, whatever that may entail. I assume they will do another harass invasion, they have quite some stacks in central america again.

Loading the save i see an Jap carrier fleet entering panama canal/waiting outside panama canal. 4 CVs, full str. i have 3 damaged CV fleets atm, 3 CVs each. I will make 2 CV fleets out of that with 4 and 3 CVs which are all >80str, with a smaller one with 2 CVs. I think i will plant a lot of old ships (think CAs and old BBs) as scouts everywhere in the Caribbean i think. I'll also disband my militia again and build GAR instead. relatively useful and only moderately expensive. would also free my INF for action all around.

My production queue for the next 6 months:
September-November:
11 TP
3 CL
1 CV
1 INT
2 CAS

December-February:
6 INT
2 TAC
5 CV
11 CL
4 CAG

Without further changes to the queue. I will likely add 2-4 GAR divs, probably 12 additional CAS (2 TACs = 12 CAS at my practicals, crazy, innit?). I may add a CV or 2, since after January i will have a gap of a little less than a year to bridge until i get new CVs, for reasons i dont know. But with the new CVs that time will vastly decrease when i finally reach 50 practical (which is also crazy), so maybe they construction time goes down from January 43 to December or November 42, hopefully.

Hytzon
Posted: Monday, November 21, 2011 10:25:18 AM
 Brigadier General

One Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal

Hey Schuey.

I think you will be hard pressed in Norway, but I noticed you have a bunch of TP's sitting at Canadian waters with units on board. As far as my radar can see, the Germans have the numerical superiority now so better be careful. I will return all US troops in GB to you, but it takes a month before you regain the control of them.

You can't say civilization don't advance - for in every war, they kill you in a new way.
juv95hrn
Posted: Tuesday, November 29, 2011 12:46:09 AM
 Lieutenant Colonel

Use the norweigan army to land in India!? One Tooth Grin
Ederon
Posted: Tuesday, November 29, 2011 12:52:48 AM
 Field Major

Could you reach India?
Hytzon
Posted: Tuesday, November 29, 2011 9:23:53 AM
 Brigadier General

One Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal

The main Japanese fleets are in the Med and they have to sail around Africa or through Panama to get to India. I have just begun harassing operations in the Pacific, as Japan lacks troops in the area. What we want to do is lure the Jap fleets out in the open, we need to defeat them to win the Pacific and butcher Japan while their armies are in Europe. They might have a small defensive navy in the Pacific, but my radar and scouting ships have picked up so many Japanese carriers around Italy / the black sea that I find it highly unlikely these defensive fleets will be strong.

The way I see it, the Japanese fleets can be defeated at South Africa if they chose that route, we have air bases down there and something like 32 carriers available. However, they could also sail through Panama, in which case we should either defeat them in the middle of the Atlantic or between Hawaii and Panama. Finally they could go the South America route, but I find that unlikely.

Another option is to pick up the 17 divisions in Hawaii, re-base to Vladivostok or another base in range of Japanese main islands and just go for the direct invasion. This is of course very risky, but we need a big victory at this point.

You can't say civilization don't advance - for in every war, they kill you in a new way.
Ederon
Posted: Tuesday, November 29, 2011 12:38:25 PM
 Field Major

Do we own Vladivostok? I'm not completely sure.
Gen.Schuermann
Posted: Tuesday, November 29, 2011 10:45:10 PM
 Generalfeldmarschall

Nope, we don't, alas. But that'd also be horribly cheesy anyway. However they can't have shit there anyway - right?

My transports are all in the atlantic now, i am slowly pulling out of norway (naval bases cannot at all take care of my units supplywise). I mostly pulled out the armor i think, so the important stuff, and really have to do good concerted moves to get the rest of the inf out.

So we could use the british stuff that has been sailing there (the tps), iirc we wanted to check borneo first and then decide what to do. Apart from an island campaign i don't really see any real targets though, considering my lack of forces. I think the more reasonable medium term gains i could achieve is south/middle america. That would free up dozens of infantry. First step would be an airbase in puerto rico, from there on a landing in venezuela. i could maybe thus force a fight in the eastern carribbean or better in the open atlantic, maybe with the help of british assets. I'll have roudn about 15 carriers available at that time (with 4 more until december and another 2 by january/february). I think we can even invite colombia if we need to get airbases closer to the japs, if need be.

For a more immediate action i want the following, btw: SU has to dow Ireland so i can annex it (brawl in irish bar in NYC serves as casus belli) so i can set up the 10 radars i have in my queue. It's really annoying when you cant see shit in europe, while everyone else can.