Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Wednesday NA game continues Wednesday December 3rd: 00:00 CET Options · View
cueball
Posted: Wednesday, September 03, 2008 11:06:08 AM
 Tribunus laticlavius

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalInspiring Poster '08 AwardAuthor of 10000th Post

Download for Full version for Armageddon 1.2 EIR II -- Goerings Delay -- QPAR : Includes a 1936 Grand Campaign, and 1938 Scenario for Multiplayer games for Doomsday/Armageddon version 1.2

Game to be scheduled for once a week, minimum 4 hour sessesion starting at 00:00 CET ending 04:00 CET (6 to 10 EST) on Wednesday's, starting on September 3rd.

Quote:

USSR: Waffen(silver)
FRA/USA: Wretched Mass
UK: Nostra

Germany: Cueball
Italy: Geofactor
Japan: Hiensen

Possible Minors Hungary and canada:

Those who have voiced interest are Gunny, General Sherman, Silver, WretchedMass, Geo and myself. No countries have been picked yet though Geo and Gunny have picks on Germany. We may need more players, and minors are open.

If we do not get 6, we will go for a short 2 v 2 scenario starting in 1938.

]It would be nice if those listed about would post at the P-Dox forum here: New EIR Game Start -- Wednesdays/Fall/NA Anyone who is interested please post as well.

For a straighforward copy over zip version go here: Goerings Delay -- NZQS -- 1.3b.rar

The Mod can also be set up with the Jones Generic Mod Enabler and has worked fine in that mode in my tests. This version has everything in it, 1.3beta, JSGME and the East is Red patch, and can be installed straight to your Armageddon 1.2 (ZBLV) folder without disrupting vanilla at all. It has the 1.3beta exe update and JGSME Mod system right in it. Just unzip to your main doomsday folder, copy the contents of the folder, then past into the main folder, then enable the mod using the JSGME system. Once you execute the JSGME it is pretty self-explanatory: EIR NZQS --ARMA 1.3beta complete 1.3b

Small patch from XTPS or NZQS 1.2 to NZQS 1.3b: Goering EIR -- Patch 1.3b

It would be a dangerous folly for the British people to underrate the enduring position in world history which Mussolini will hold; or the amazing qualities of courage, comprehension, self-control and perseverance which he exemplifies.

Sir Winston -- 1937
GeneralSherman
Posted: Wednesday, September 03, 2008 12:33:34 PM
 2nd Lieutenant
One Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal

If we're going to have the same guys as Monday, do we just want to make it one game two nights a week?
cueball
Posted: Wednesday, September 03, 2008 12:37:47 PM
 Tribunus laticlavius

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalInspiring Poster '08 AwardAuthor of 10000th Post

That is possible, on the other hand we should see who shows up, first. Sometimes people say they are interested and then find out the day is not good for them or something... so we shall see, but if it looks possible, yeah, we can do both days for one game.

Though I kind of found that securing two days for a regular game increased subbing, which I don't like, so I basically moved over to a one game a day policy. For Example, that guy Kenin we chatted with on Monday night, would not be available on Wednesday... but yeah if the core is solid, I don't have a problem with that.

For a straighforward copy over zip version go here: Goerings Delay -- NZQS -- 1.3b.rar

The Mod can also be set up with the Jones Generic Mod Enabler and has worked fine in that mode in my tests. This version has everything in it, 1.3beta, JSGME and the East is Red patch, and can be installed straight to your Armageddon 1.2 (ZBLV) folder without disrupting vanilla at all. It has the 1.3beta exe update and JGSME Mod system right in it. Just unzip to your main doomsday folder, copy the contents of the folder, then past into the main folder, then enable the mod using the JSGME system. Once you execute the JSGME it is pretty self-explanatory: EIR NZQS --ARMA 1.3beta complete 1.3b

It would be a dangerous folly for the British people to underrate the enduring position in world history which Mussolini will hold; or the amazing qualities of courage, comprehension, self-control and perseverance which he exemplifies.

Sir Winston -- 1937
GeneralSherman
Posted: Wednesday, September 03, 2008 1:00:35 PM
 2nd Lieutenant

I'm good either way. Both methods have their advantages.
cueball
Posted: Thursday, September 04, 2008 10:31:34 AM
 Tribunus laticlavius

Great session after the original mess up.

Just want to say this about that. Germany is basically master of the European Axis. If people are not getting along, lets not have fighting in chat. Lets just rearrange the teams until its good to go. Regardless, no fighting in chat.

See you all next week Wednesday.

ETA: Oh yeah, GS, wooooweee that is one smooth connection. ALmost like playing SP.

Sir Winston -- 1937
GeneralSherman
Posted: Thursday, September 04, 2008 11:11:25 AM
 2nd Lieutenant

cueball wrote:

ETA: Oh yeah, GS, wooooweee that is one smooth connection. ALmost like playing SP.

Glad to hear it was good. It was very smooth from my end, too. One Tooth Grin

These teams seem good. KT and I get along. We have the sage Hiensen for wisdom. Your side has The Creator. Nostra is the Wizard of Air and Sea. TheWretchedMass is from California, so the sun always shines.

Looking forward to next week.
cueball
Posted: Saturday, September 06, 2008 1:17:01 AM
 Tribunus laticlavius

Hosts and anyone wanting to run this game through Danzig will need to DL and unzip the "HAGSdanzigpatch2" file in the Doomsday folder in order to replace the corrected events files. The triggers for the Danzig events are incorrect as Sherman pointed out to me.

Sir Winston -- 1937
cueball
Posted: Tuesday, September 09, 2008 8:41:01 PM
 Tribunus laticlavius

Because I had too change the file structure for the scenario, I had to edit the save from last game, so that it finds the right text files. Here is the edited save: EIR II NA Wednesday -- Start

Thanks!

In other news my European game is cancelled for tomorrow so if people want to start earlier we can. I will be in V net at 22:00 and we will see who shows up. Otherwise the regular time for start is 00:00 CET.

Sir Winston -- 1937
GeneralSherman
Posted: Tuesday, September 09, 2008 10:38:37 PM
 2nd Lieutenant

cueball wrote:
Because I had too change the file structure for the scenario, I had to edit the save from last game, so that it finds the right text files. Here is the edited save: EIR II NA Wednesday -- Start

Thanks!

In other news my European game is cancelled for tomorrow so if people want to start earlier we can. I will be in V net at 22:00 and we will see who shows up. Otherwise the regular time for start is 00:00 CET.

OK, I will use that save.

Don't bother being early tomorrow. I will be pushing it to be on time. I have an appointment at 2200 cet and it is going to be a challenge for me to be back and ready by 00:00. I should be close, though.
cueball
Posted: Tuesday, September 09, 2008 10:43:04 PM
 Tribunus laticlavius

Oh well. Then lets keep it at 00:00 CET (6:00 PM EDT). It was worth a try.

Sir Winston -- 1937
TheWretchedMass
Posted: Wednesday, September 10, 2008 3:54:39 AM
 Major

Hiensen is going to get an ass whipping in wednesday game and Im going to enjoy it!

He's going to go down like a frenchmen!
cueball
Posted: Wednesday, September 10, 2008 4:27:30 AM
 Tribunus laticlavius

Whatever you guys do in private is not any of my business. Just as long as your recreational activities don're result in too much pausing of the game, and such, its fine by me.

Sir Winston -- 1937
GeneralSherman
Posted: Wednesday, September 10, 2008 1:10:01 PM
 2nd Lieutenant

I expect to be home by 5:45 this evening so I should be ready to go at 6:00. Hopefully everybody else will be on time too.
sonofliberty
Posted: Wednesday, September 10, 2008 9:10:50 PM
Free Man

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalBiggest Spammer '08 Award

TheWretchedMass wrote:
Hiensen is going to get an ass whipping in wednesday game and Im going to enjoy it!

He's going to go down like a frenchmen!
Actually, he is Brazilian. I believe he is just living in france to go to school or something.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. -- That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, -- That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness."

There is a new game on the way Project Blitzkrieg
hiensen
Posted: Wednesday, September 10, 2008 10:54:18 PM
 Generalleutnant

One Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalAuthor of 18000th Post

sonofliberty wrote:
Actually, he is Brazilian. I believe he is just living in france to go to school or something.

Don't waste your time arguing with him, he's a sore loser and will give up when facing the first difficulty...Myself I wonder if it's worth playing against such guy.
cueball
Posted: Thursday, September 11, 2008 4:51:51 AM
 Tribunus laticlavius

Excelent session tonight guys. Smooth, and calm. Made up for the debacle on Monday.

Cheers mates!

Sir Winston -- 1937
GeneralSherman
Posted: Thursday, September 11, 2008 10:30:30 AM
 2nd Lieutenant

That was a startling turn of events at the end, and I think that I don't like it at all. It appears to make a mockery of most of your arguments to me about the no early war rule. So, we have this rule to prevent crazy shit, then the exception to the rule allows some of the craziest shit I've seen in a while, because of an inane little event. You've now let the USSR start general war in Asia in 1938.

This outcome is so far from historical I don't even know where to begin.

I find it ironic that while Germany has to be a predictable good little boy until 1939, Soviet Union has this little event that allows it to throw the world into an uproar. Historical? No way. You know, Hitler wanted war in 1938. The whole Sudetenland thing was intended to start the war.

I urge you to get rid of that event, or make sure it won't run until Japan has been defeated. Before WW2, Stalin was making nice to Chiang. There is no reason to believe -- that I have ever come across in a history book -- that this scenario is anywhere near plausible. Show me something, and I will accept it. Otherwise, I think this event is a poison pill in your mod.

I think all restraints should be off now. It strikes me as ludicrous to make everyone else sit on their hands waiting for a historical start to war when you and Japan have this nice little ahistorical 1938 war going on. You've basically started World War II. So much for Germany having strategic initiative. I don't even know that I would do anything different, but I do believe the rest of the players should have that option.
cueball
Posted: Thursday, September 11, 2008 11:14:49 AM
 Tribunus laticlavius

It doesn't run until Japan is defeated. In fact this is very good for Axis because this brings China directly into the Japanese sphere.

From the scenario notes:

Quote:
2) Friendly China may join the Axis if the Soviet Union allies Communist China prior to Molotov/Ribbentrop. This is the case even if China is at war with Communist China and Soviet Union, and in that event SU and Japan will be at war. If Japan and China ally against Communist China, Soviet Union may intervene. There is a only a very tiny chance that China will ask for Japanese support if Communist China is not in the Comintern. Any of these wars will be resolved by the M/R Pact by “white peace” if there is no clear winner.

Of course if you want, you can just offer no pact in 39, and then the war will continue with Japan, at least until Hiensen and I end it, or not.

But you agreed to a historical pact if I supplied you with raw materials, which I am doing, so there is no reason for you to break your commitment on that.

And as for your suggesting that I broke our deal in chat, here are the relative points:

Rules:

Quote:
TRADES

1.1: The 2nd day of the game the Axis are the first to make trades, later come the Allies
1.2: The first trades already in place before the game starts must be respected until the war within the context of the allowances made in the other rules.
1.3: The trades between GER/SU and USA/JAP must be free and fair till the war or embargo event (for USA)
1.4: The Allies/Comintern is able to cancel some trades when their new factories put their resource growth in the red

1.5: Free trades only between allied countries at war.
1.6 : The Allies may not trade for rares with AI countries that they are not allied to with the exception of deals suggested by the AI itself.
1.7 : Trading and selling units is forbidden, except between allied nations, and then only non-capital class ships higher than class I (No CV's, CVL, BB's or CA's), and if payment is received at 100% negotiation.
1.8 : No trading, selling or donating VP provinces, unless that province is a core province of the receiving nation.

I told you in November 37 that I would need to make an adjustment in 1938 for exactly this reason. Then after you came back from your break, I signalled you that I needed to break one of our trade deals in May of 38. You did not respond. Then I cancelled our smallest trade deal, it was the one which was set up the begining. Calling this cancelling "opening trades" is a bit much, since it was our smallest trade, and I chose it specifically because it would do you the least harm. Its not like a cancelled all of them. I cancelled the smallest, when you failed to respond to my query.

As it is I am giving you far more raw materials than in the opening trade.

You are the only power I am trading rares with. I cancelled everything else. Or are you asking me to go on the open market to feed rares to Germany? Get Japan to do that for you. If your idea is that SU should go to war with Germany with less than 10,000 rares in stockpile, that is just not going to happen.

This can all be confirmed by any Axis team member that wants to look at the in game chat log.

Sir Winston -- 1937
GeneralSherman
Posted: Thursday, September 11, 2008 11:39:34 AM
 2nd Lieutenant

cueball wrote:
It doesn't run until Japan is defeated.

It just ran! That's how we got to where we are.
cueball
Posted: Thursday, September 11, 2008 11:43:00 AM
 Tribunus laticlavius

Pardon?

Sir Winston -- 1937
cueball
Posted: Thursday, September 11, 2008 11:49:45 AM
 Tribunus laticlavius

It ends with M/R unless you go with no pact. Its pretty simple. At worst China loses three provinces to Communist China. If Japan really sucks, which Hiensen doesn't, then Manchuouko might lose three utterly useless provinces with absolultely nothing in them. At best SU ends up with slightly better positioning in the event of another war with Japan. The worst thing that every happened in this scenario is that Adam lost his 6 IC blue puppet to Nico. And for that Japan got a 68 base IC minor ally.

It was no big deal.

And what I don't understand is why you are complaining about me choosing the worst possible course of action.

Sir Winston -- 1937
GeneralSherman
Posted: Thursday, September 11, 2008 12:29:23 PM
 2nd Lieutenant

You get wartime economy for 8 months until I end this farce with Mol-Rib. You can build a lot of extra units with all that IC.

Basically, this war is nothing. USSR cannot really hurt Japan because your troops suck. Japan cannot really hurt USSR, because you have massed your troops there -- not having anything to worry about in Europe, you can move your whole army to the border. So you have in essence a phony war over there while USSR gets to milk a huge IC boost for 8 months.

Worst possible course of action? Bah. Hardly. I can't wait for the Monday game. That's what I'm gonna do. It's a sweet deal. Can't wait to see how many extra 39 inf divisions I can crank out. I just hope Mass conquers China expeditiously so maybe I can start the phony war in early 38 and get an extra six months or so of sweet IC -- and resource accumulation.

The event is exploitable, and has, afaik, no historical justification whatsoever.

But now that it's happened, I think this should be a free game. World War II has begun. Let's get it on.
GeneralSherman
Posted: Thursday, September 11, 2008 12:33:04 PM
 2nd Lieutenant

cueball wrote:
Pardon?

I suggested if you want to keep this cute little event, it should not run until JAPAN has been defeated. It runs whenever China is defeated. I know of no basis in the historical record to support the Soviet Union getting involved like this, except maybe after WW2 when the Chinese Civil War kicked back off. Even then, I don't recall Stalin allying the ChiComs and getting involved or even seriously considering that direct an involvement. Weapons and support, yes; war, no. So make it run after Japan has been defeated in WW2 and I see it as plausible and not exploitable. Running before WW2, it is just silly and a nice way for USSR to crank out a ton of extra units.
cueball
Posted: Thursday, September 11, 2008 1:05:15 PM
 Tribunus laticlavius

Nor did Japan conquer China and turn it into and obdient stable technologically advanced puppet working for the empire. Do you see the point?

And yes, precisely, the geopolilitical dynamic would change much more into the post world war II political dynamics of the cold war, were the fantasy of Japan defeating China to be realized by Tojo. In fact, up until after the war, Stalin was very ambivalent about the Communists in China, and backed the Nationalists, demanding that the Communist act as a united front against the Japanese. Stalin's hedge was that he bet that if Japan was stuck in China they would be far less of a problem for him. But that can't happen here. You simply can not recreate the stalemate of the Sino-Japanese war of 1937-45 in this game. China either beats Japan, or Japan beats China.

Also historically Russia and Japan were constantly having border skirmishes here that threatened much bigger things. The game is full of "what if" scenarios like these. "Bulgaria claims Constanta," anyone?" "Soviet Union Brings Socialism to Finland." I just added one. Japanese-Soviet border war 1938: There was every potential for Japan and Russia to go to war in 38, in fact they basically did, in a limited way. However limited wars do not happen in HOI, unless one makes them happen either through events or by rules. Wars go on until annex basically... did I mention that this one does not?

However, predicated on the fact that China loses, (somthing which everyone seems to accept without batting an eyelash) and that Japan seeks terms with China, turning it into a quasi-vassal state, there is far less reason for Stalin to reject the Maoist communists, because now he needs them to keep Japan on its toes. Its a completely reasonable outcome, based on what is unfortunately an unreasonable but unavoidable scenario. And the fact that siding with Mao against Nat China is a definite plus for Axis, makes it very unlikely that anyone will choose it, except for fun.

If you have any tips on how to create an histotically accurate MP scenario for this game system relating to the China/Japan war, please let me know.

Japan does not get defeated. It simply does not happen that way. There are very limited terms for the end of the war, or you can simply end the war by signing off on Molotov Ribbentrop.

GeneralSherman wrote:
Basically, this war is nothing. USSR cannot really hurt Japan because your troops suck. Japan cannot really hurt USSR, because you have massed your troops there -- not having anything to worry about in Europe, you can move your whole army to the border. So you have in essence a phony war over there while USSR gets to milk a huge IC boost for 8 months.

Worst possible course of action? Bah. Hardly. I can't wait for the Monday game. That's what I'm gonna do. It's a sweet deal. Can't wait to see how many extra 39 inf divisions I can crank out. I just hope Mass conquers China expeditiously so maybe I can start the phony war in early 38 and get an extra six months or so of sweet IC -- and resource accumulation.

It is only phoney war if there is no fighting. Any excess IC made by being on a war footing is lost to manpower loses (as you pointed out my GDE sucks) and upgrading units when upgrades are expensive for me, as opposed to 1940/41 when upgrading is far cheaper. Moreso, Japan gets the same benefits. And they get a 68 base IC minor out of the deal. This operates to do precisely what it was intended to do: stop Russia from massing IC, disbanding their armies and other gamey strats.

Wretched Mass said I was crazy. And he is right. It was a foolish spur of the moment decision. We'll see who it truly benefits, but after all is said and done, a 68 IC minor working for the Axis for many years is far more valuable than 8 months (if that) of IC full time war economy spent on prematurely upgrading units to fight, and replacing man power loses.

This is a + + deal for Axis.

Moreso why are you making predictions about how the war works, and how it ends when you have obviously not read the scenario notes, or played it though in a playtest. Be my guest. Load up the game in SP as SU and play it through. Just relax, lets play it through, This is no big deal.

Sir Winston -- 1937
hiensen
Posted: Thursday, September 11, 2008 2:12:29 PM
 Generalleutnant

One Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalAuthor of 18000th Post

I see sherman peeing in his pants because he's worried that I get in moscow before he do heh ? One Tooth Grin
Cuebal will have war econ bonus ok but me too and i gained a chinese ally that now can be played by human at anytime.
I'll fight for every shitty province in this front and make him loose a valuable amount of manpower that = less divisions for east front. My armies are ready and there's also some victory conditions that can end the war in the following weeks, no need to wait for R/M pact.
Only problem is that I took a dissent hit (5%), maybe that's a nap concluded with commies after sino-chinese war.Combined with 3 USA embassor that's 8 dissent I took from event. Cry
I suggest there should be a - dissent event at the end of the war with china, germany loose dissent when anexing austria, munich event or end of checz, there should be one for the great japanese victory over china and his territory gains.For at least get rid of those embassor dissent events.
I fear that every soviet player will choose war option and exploit it's features to get profit of 8 months -1 year of war econ.Despite the fact this is an interesting ahistorical outcome, it can be too easily exploited by another human.
China offering diplo peace should be deleted : I was tempted if it was not to follow steve event chains to accept chinese diplo peace and take 3/4 of china and release a puppet here.
That's another point, Japan should not have possibility to release anything in china like north china or nanking china, I checked my diplo screen at some point and seen I could release a china with huge territory.All those possibilities and above posibilities can simply break the event chains in wich steve worked hard .

Another point is that in vanilla I never seen nanking encircled and still capital of china, it always moved to chongquing, I think there's a missing value in the event for moving capital.
@when it have been encircled as I said above I didn't expected it be still the capital I just wanted to encircle a division pack here, and when it hapened I had no mean to surround it during 3 weeks since AI became suddendly furious launching several attacks to break the pocket there.