Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Wednesday NA game continues Wednesday December 3rd: 00:00 CET Options · View
cueball
Posted: Wednesday, November 26, 2008 11:27:18 PM
 Tribunus laticlavius

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalInspiring Poster '08 AwardAuthor of 10000th Post

We decided to postpone this game until next week.

For a straighforward copy over zip version go here: Goerings Delay -- NZQS -- 1.3b.rar

The Mod can also be set up with the Jones Generic Mod Enabler and has worked fine in that mode in my tests. This version has everything in it, 1.3beta, JSGME and the East is Red patch, and can be installed straight to your Armageddon 1.2 (ZBLV) folder without disrupting vanilla at all. It has the 1.3beta exe update and JGSME Mod system right in it. Just unzip to your main doomsday folder, copy the contents of the folder, then past into the main folder, then enable the mod using the JSGME system. Once you execute the JSGME it is pretty self-explanatory: EIR NZQS --ARMA 1.3beta complete 1.3b

Small patch from XTPS or NZQS 1.2 to NZQS 1.3b: Goering EIR -- Patch 1.3b

It would be a dangerous folly for the British people to underrate the enduring position in world history which Mussolini will hold; or the amazing qualities of courage, comprehension, self-control and perseverance which he exemplifies.

Sir Winston -- 1937
cueball
Posted: Sunday, November 30, 2008 11:24:14 PM
 Tribunus laticlavius

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalInspiring Poster '08 AwardAuthor of 10000th Post

If anyone wants to find a Japan and a USSR for this game we can continue it. I will show up at 19:00 CET to see what is going on, but it looks pretty bleak, since we have not played for a couple of weeks.

I think it was a mistake to start with a major that who was clear that he could not fully commit to the game.

For a straighforward copy over zip version go here: Goerings Delay -- NZQS -- 1.3b.rar

The Mod can also be set up with the Jones Generic Mod Enabler and has worked fine in that mode in my tests. This version has everything in it, 1.3beta, JSGME and the East is Red patch, and can be installed straight to your Armageddon 1.2 (ZBLV) folder without disrupting vanilla at all. It has the 1.3beta exe update and JGSME Mod system right in it. Just unzip to your main doomsday folder, copy the contents of the folder, then past into the main folder, then enable the mod using the JSGME system. Once you execute the JSGME it is pretty self-explanatory: EIR NZQS --ARMA 1.3beta complete 1.3b

It would be a dangerous folly for the British people to underrate the enduring position in world history which Mussolini will hold; or the amazing qualities of courage, comprehension, self-control and perseverance which he exemplifies.

Sir Winston -- 1937
TheWretchedMass
Posted: Wednesday, December 03, 2008 11:33:33 PM
 Major

One Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal

Where is that damn frenchmen? My guess is he fell into a state of depression as he knew war could not be avoided with me and is now in a mental hospital.
TheWretchedMass
Posted: Wednesday, December 03, 2008 11:37:31 PM
 Major

geo if you're reading this we're waiting for you.

hiensens becoming a problem this is the third week in a row he's either been absent or an 1 hr + late
cueball
Posted: Thursday, December 04, 2008 12:01:51 AM
 Tribunus laticlavius

Actually it was Waffen's ongoing computer problem that caused the last cancellation.

Dunno what happened to Hiensen, but everyone else was present by 01:00. I am sure he will have a good explanation. The week before you could not make it, so we had to shift the date. And the week before that it was Nostra who was unavailable. So the problem is a general once not specific to any one player.

Nostra is gone now, so I guess that is it for tonight. Hope we can do next week, and get this game on the road again. BUT, after the 19th, til the 4th, I will be out of town, and almost certainly unable to play.

Sir Winston -- 1937
hiensen
Posted: Thursday, December 04, 2008 10:45:57 PM
 Generalleutnant

One Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalAuthor of 18000th Post

TheWretchedMass wrote:
Where is that damn frenchmen? My guess is he fell into a state of depression as he knew war could not be avoided with me and is now in a mental hospital.

War with you will look like more to a walk in the park than something depressive, but from one point of view yes it will be depressive fighting someone reputed to have AI skills.

TheWretchedMass wrote:
geo if you're reading this we're waiting for you.

hiensens becoming a problem this is the third week in a row he's either been absent or an 1 hr + late

Here you go with another shit you will never stop you kid, but well read what steve says, and..don't over estimate yourself too much, you might fall hard from the top of your fantasy world and be mentally very injured.You might end up like willow.
The thing that I find funny in all this is how you're obsessed by my person, waffen no show, nostra being late for the last times and you come saying it's been all my fault ! LOL I hope you didn't hacked naked pics of me and posted them all over your room..or hug box.:-d

@To others : I want to apologize about my no show yesterday, here I expose my reasons : I had a very hard day at work, I went back home very tired and hoped to have some relaxation with the double EIR game, but what happened is that I waited for 1-2 hours since I came back and the 19 CET game was in fact cancelled.
Being in a state of high tiredness I couldn't wait till 00 CET for the other game with real confirmation that we could play (and expecting the other hard day of work following).
That said I fell asleep and got stuck in my bed until the other day even if I told my girlfriend to wake me up before 00 CET.
So again I apologize for yesterday and promise to be here next wednesday and kick some retarded ass.
Mighty G
Posted: Friday, December 05, 2008 8:42:00 AM
 Tribunus laticlavius

I watched 'Tropa De Elite' so it wasnt an entire waste of a night.

not a bad movie.

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever.
George Orwell

TheWretchedMass
Posted: Tuesday, December 09, 2008 8:35:40 PM
 Major

steve ask hiensen on msn if he's going to play tomorrow I don't wanna rush home for him to wait three hours and awal again.
cueball
Posted: Tuesday, December 09, 2008 8:41:59 PM
 Tribunus laticlavius

Well if he doesn't show perhaps we can just continue the Monday game. So, you should show up I think, one way or the other there should be a game unless Waffen is not available. Do you know anything about that? Is his computer working, finally?

Sir Winston -- 1937
TheWretchedMass
Posted: Tuesday, December 09, 2008 8:46:27 PM
 Major

he said he fixed it
cueball
Posted: Tuesday, December 09, 2008 8:58:14 PM
 Tribunus laticlavius

Well good.

Sir Winston -- 1937
GoodbyeBluesky
Posted: Tuesday, December 09, 2008 10:54:18 PM
 Centurion

I would like to continue the Monday Game Big Grin

This will be the hour of the rising Sun!
cueball
Posted: Wednesday, December 10, 2008 12:14:41 AM
 Tribunus laticlavius

Except that we would have to check in with Cyprian.

Sir Winston -- 1937
TheWretchedMass
Posted: Wednesday, December 10, 2008 12:46:05 AM
 Major

Well I guess we could play monday game but Im technically not involved in that one
SilverBolt
Posted: Wednesday, December 10, 2008 10:15:16 AM
 Centurion

???
TheWretchedMass
Posted: Wednesday, December 10, 2008 7:56:52 PM
 Major

So I guess the million dollar question is will he show?
cueball
Posted: Wednesday, December 10, 2008 8:43:32 PM
 Tribunus laticlavius

Well, I don't think I'll play Monday game unless cyprian shows, on principle. If Hiensen doesn't make it perhaps pepsi will...

Sir Winston -- 1937
hiensen
Posted: Wednesday, December 10, 2008 9:15:57 PM
 Generalleutnant

cueball wrote:
Well, I don't think I'll play Monday game unless cyprian shows, on principle. If Hiensen doesn't make it perhaps pepsi will...

I'll be there tonight for the wed 00cet game.
cueball
Posted: Wednesday, December 10, 2008 9:35:30 PM
 Tribunus laticlavius

Pepsi is going to play China, any suggestions for a Canada for tonights session?

Sir Winston -- 1937
TheWretchedMass
Posted: Thursday, December 11, 2008 5:18:47 AM
 Major

Well that was fun, glad we saved this game i knew this would be fun. Hiensens going to give a good pacific war.

I dont know this or not steve but for some reason Intercepters wont do air superiority from Pearl but they will from Hawaii which seems weird as Hawaii is further away from the sea zone right in front of Hawaii as Pearl Harbor is. I lost a CV because that damn intercepters wouldnt fly from there.

Also he attacked Wake with 9 marines and just crushed 13 Garrisons I had there, I mean it was over in a couple seconds, I think he would have won if I had 20-25 or maybe even 30 doesnt that sound a little weird?

I dont mean to sound like Im whining because it was quite a fun session and Hiensen's attack caught me by surprise I thought he was going to wait till he was done researching massive strike doctrine. What a rush that was.
hiensen
Posted: Thursday, December 11, 2008 5:34:00 PM
 Generalleutnant

TheWretchedMass wrote:
Well that was fun, glad we saved this game i knew this would be fun. Hiensens going to give a good pacific war.

I dont know this or not steve but for some reason Intercepters wont do air superiority from Pearl but they will from Hawaii which seems weird as Hawaii is further away from the sea zone right in front of Hawaii as Pearl Harbor is. I lost a CV because that damn intercepters wouldnt fly from there.

There's some incoherences concerning airsuperiority, but concerning your CV lost you couldn't do much about it, I sunk it in about 2-3 hours.The time you catch those 8 navs it was too late already.

TheWretchedMass wrote:
Also he attacked Wake with 9 marines and just crushed 13 Garrisons I had there, I mean it was over in a couple seconds, I think he would have won if I had 20-25 or maybe even 30 doesnt that sound a little weird?

No it doesn't,first it wasn't a couple seconds, the battle lasted 2.5 days and second if you had analysed the reasons I was winning it was quite obvious .
Marines II+art, Commando leaders with skills 6-7 (+35+40 bonus total), amphip assault malus -11, encryption +10 VS 13 unbrigaded garrisons with a low leader..
SilverBolt
Posted: Thursday, December 11, 2008 8:52:19 PM
 Centurion

can we play this game again on sunday instead of that other one? or friday as hiensen suggested?
cueball
Posted: Thursday, December 11, 2008 8:56:43 PM
 Tribunus laticlavius

TheWretchedMass wrote:

I dont mean to sound like Im whining because it was quite a fun session and Hiensen's attack caught me by surprise I thought he was going to wait till he was done researching massive strike doctrine. What a rush that was.

Well, as far as I can tell everything seems to be working out fine. Basically we wanted to recreate the circumstances of WW II. The USA is unprepared for war and is hanging on to its possessions in the Pacific and Asia for dear life, then when the war machine kicks into gear the USA comes back with a knock out punch. Early loses are to be expected for the USA, IMO. The last thing we want is the Americans to be able to zerg defend Phillipines and the islands and kill the Axis hopes in Asia right at the start.

hiensen wrote:
There's some incoherences concerning airsuperiority, but concerning your CV lost you couldn't do much about it, I sunk it in about 2-3 hours.The time you catch those 8 navs it was too late already.

I don't think its incoherent. I intentionally designed it so that the early model aircraft could not do deep ocean air patrols. The whole idea of the recent update is to make the ocean going surface fleets essential for the control of the high seas, not just long range aircraft, as it is in vanilla. Historically, Supermarine Spitfire Mark V, were not capable of doing effective patrols at 1000km, really it was 300km max, even with drop tanks. I haven't checked it out yet, but I think level V interceptors will do the ocean zones around PH. The upside of this is that the Japanese have the same problem, in that unless they also are using advanced interceptors they wont be able to do deep sea patrols from Wake and Midway, should they capture it.

Allies should try using some British Fighters out of PH, they should be able to cover that critical sea zone. I know Nostra has plenty of those type V.

2-3 hours for the sinking of one CV is pretty historical. Things seem to be working fine here, imo. During the battle of Midway, the Japanese carriers Akagi, Kaga and Soryu were turned into blazing hulks within an couple of hours of combat. These carrier battles were sharp and fast, and critical damage was done with hours.

Sir Winston -- 1937
cueball
Posted: Thursday, December 11, 2008 9:12:14 PM
 Tribunus laticlavius

SilverBolt wrote:
can we play this game again on sunday instead of that other one? or friday as hiensen suggested?

Only after 00:00 CET can I do this, and I would recommend Sunday, but could probably do one Friday, Saturday or Sunday. But I have to confirm exactly which day soon.

Sir Winston -- 1937
GoodbyeBluesky
Posted: Friday, December 12, 2008 12:23:19 AM
 Centurion

The only problem is that the Area around Hawaii is huge. The whole area stretches over 5-6 Zones almost to Wake if i recall it right. So you just have to have a range of 300 or something like that to still be able to bomb/Airsup zones that have a range of 1000km