Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Wednesday NA game continues Wednesday December 3rd: 00:00 CET Options · View
TheWretchedMass
Posted: Friday, December 12, 2008 6:59:16 AM
 Major

One Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal

GoodbyeBluesky wrote:
The only problem is that the Area around Hawaii is huge. The whole area stretches over 5-6 Zones almost to Wake if i recall it right. So you just have to have a range of 300 or something like that to still be able to bomb/Airsup zones that have a range of 1000km

You know whats ridicolous, is that hiensens navs could reach from wake past hawaii
TheWretchedMass
Posted: Friday, December 12, 2008 7:00:17 AM
 Major

hiensen wrote:
No it doesn't,first it wasn't a couple seconds, the battle lasted 2.5 days and second if you had analysed the reasons I was winning it was quite obvious .
Marines II+art, Commando leaders with skills 6-7 (+35+40 bonus total), amphip assault malus -11, encryption +10 VS 13 unbrigaded garrisons with a low leader..

Thanks for that information I appreciate it.
SilverBolt
Posted: Friday, December 12, 2008 9:08:53 AM
 Centurion

cueball wrote:
Only after 00:00 CET can I do this, and I would recommend Sunday, but could probably do one Friday, Saturday or Sunday. But I have to confirm exactly which day soon.

ok lets try one friday 0:00 cet can everybody confirm?
cueball
Posted: Friday, December 12, 2008 9:18:46 AM
 Tribunus laticlavius

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalInspiring Poster '08 AwardAuthor of 10000th Post

TheWretchedMass wrote:
You know whats ridicolous, is that hiensens navs could reach from wake past hawaii

Well, I agree that the whole zoning system is a problem, but that is a whole other set of modifications, and would take a lot of work. Going over each pertinent sea zone, and testing eash zone for various types of aircraft and the adjusting the zones. The HOI simulation, when you come down to it, is a pretty general affair, which focuses on the overall simulation and playability and not every situation is properly accounted for. I know the MEM guys did some work on the sea zones themselves, and I was thinking of taking a look at what they have done, but it would be a lot of work, and there are a number of things to do, already.

For a straighforward copy over zip version go here: Goerings Delay -- NZQS -- 1.3b.rar

The Mod can also be set up with the Jones Generic Mod Enabler and has worked fine in that mode in my tests. This version has everything in it, 1.3beta, JSGME and the East is Red patch, and can be installed straight to your Armageddon 1.2 (ZBLV) folder without disrupting vanilla at all. It has the 1.3beta exe update and JGSME Mod system right in it. Just unzip to your main doomsday folder, copy the contents of the folder, then past into the main folder, then enable the mod using the JSGME system. Once you execute the JSGME it is pretty self-explanatory: EIR NZQS --ARMA 1.3beta complete 1.3b

Small patch from XTPS or NZQS 1.2 to NZQS 1.3b: Goering EIR -- Patch 1.3b

It would be a dangerous folly for the British people to underrate the enduring position in world history which Mussolini will hold; or the amazing qualities of courage, comprehension, self-control and perseverance which he exemplifies.

Sir Winston -- 1937
GoodbyeBluesky
Posted: Friday, December 12, 2008 2:42:16 PM
 Centurion

I can confirm for today and tomorrow.

Going out would just result in me freezing to death somewhere and i dont look forward to that
SilverBolt
Posted: Friday, December 12, 2008 2:49:15 PM
 Centurion

if cue shows up we can play either monday(only need france) or we can do wednesday (japan needed hiensen).So big chance a session is gonna be held.
cueball
Posted: Friday, December 12, 2008 4:52:03 PM
 Tribunus laticlavius

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalInspiring Poster '08 AwardAuthor of 10000th Post

Well, I am cool with tonight... and I will be there at 6:00. However, I don't have time to do a lot of organizing, so if you could stay on top of getting people to show up that would be very cool. Cool

For a straighforward copy over zip version go here: Goerings Delay -- NZQS -- 1.3b.rar

The Mod can also be set up with the Jones Generic Mod Enabler and has worked fine in that mode in my tests. This version has everything in it, 1.3beta, JSGME and the East is Red patch, and can be installed straight to your Armageddon 1.2 (ZBLV) folder without disrupting vanilla at all. It has the 1.3beta exe update and JGSME Mod system right in it. Just unzip to your main doomsday folder, copy the contents of the folder, then past into the main folder, then enable the mod using the JSGME system. Once you execute the JSGME it is pretty self-explanatory: EIR NZQS --ARMA 1.3beta complete 1.3b

It would be a dangerous folly for the British people to underrate the enduring position in world history which Mussolini will hold; or the amazing qualities of courage, comprehension, self-control and perseverance which he exemplifies.

Sir Winston -- 1937
hiensen
Posted: Friday, December 12, 2008 7:00:48 PM
 Generalleutnant

One Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalAuthor of 18000th Post

I'm available tonight.
GoodbyeBluesky
Posted: Saturday, December 13, 2008 2:23:26 AM
 Centurion

Hoi Crashed!
hiensen
Posted: Saturday, December 13, 2008 2:40:17 AM
 Generalleutnant

Very good session tonight, I loved all those naval battles I've had with nostra even if I lost most of them LOL .It's obvious that Bb fleets have the advantage against advanced CV fleets .
I'm traditionaly making CV but they sucks ! gg allies ! Cool

@steve something must be done about CVL, the well known bug about those cvl giving firing range to every capital ships after 1 hour battle and giving better positioning than IJN must be corrected.In mem they deleted cvl so the bb's go back to their real place.

Oh and : finally someone anexed netherlands ! Party Time
GoodbyeBluesky
Posted: Saturday, December 13, 2008 3:04:12 AM
 Centurion

A lot of good british Sailors lost their lives during these weeks but it was worth everyone of it! One Tooth Grin

So you up to continue Sunday? propably same time 0:00 Cet?
TheWretchedMass
Posted: Saturday, December 13, 2008 3:09:23 AM
 Major

hiensen wrote:
Very good session tonight, I loved all those naval battles I've had with nostra even if I lost most of them LOL .It's obvious that Bb fleets have the advantage against advanced CV fleets .
I'm traditionaly making CV but they sucks ! gg allies ! Cool

@steve something must be done about CVL, the well known bug about those cvl giving firing range to every capital ships after 1 hour battle and giving better positioning than IJN must be corrected.In mem they deleted cvl so the bb's go back to their real place.

Oh and : finally someone anexed netherlands ! Party Time

Yes and airforce should be nerfed considerably, 7 USA tacs shouldnt cause all that damage to a CV fleet japs are never going to have air superiority and if american player just spams navs gg. I think we should probably just start a new game it looks pretty hopeless for axis. I like to use CVLs with my CTF instead of CAs so I wish we could keep the unit but get rid of its ability to help BBs close? I hate to agree with Hiensen but 8 modern Japanese CVs would kill the entire Royal Navy. Japs only had 5 CVs and look how much damaged they caused.
GoodbyeBluesky
Posted: Saturday, December 13, 2008 4:01:20 AM
 Centurion

The Axis is not dead yet. Who will know which turns of history might come in the future
TheWretchedMass
Posted: Saturday, December 13, 2008 5:00:54 AM
 Major

What an exciting session that was, unrelenting ruthless pressure.
TheWretchedMass
Posted: Saturday, December 13, 2008 6:47:20 AM
 Major

You know what I was thinking, how about we go back to the previous session where japs just attacked and nostra and I wont use CVLs in our sags
GoodbyeBluesky
Posted: Saturday, December 13, 2008 1:30:44 PM
 Centurion

TheWretchedMass wrote:
You know what I was thinking, how about we go back to the previous session where japs just attacked and nostra and I wont use CVLs in our sags

Bad Idea though since we are not the only ones that played and why? It was a fair matchup? Everyone did as good as possible and Hiensen kept alot of pressure up
GoodbyeBluesky
Posted: Saturday, December 13, 2008 4:00:45 PM
 Centurion

So, you guys up for a game tonight around 0:00 Cet. Continuing the one from last night or the Monday Game if someone can catch cyprian?

Would be nice if everyone could confirm if they could make it or not
SilverBolt
Posted: Saturday, December 13, 2008 4:30:03 PM
 Centurion

im up for it...maybe we play a game from monday 0:00 cet or that wed one if we have the right players.

hiensen
Posted: Saturday, December 13, 2008 6:09:59 PM
 Generalleutnant

I can be there tonight but I need everyone confirmation so I don't stay up for nothing.
Pepsi
Posted: Saturday, December 13, 2008 7:23:20 PM
 Sergeant

i'll be here.
hiensen
Posted: Saturday, December 13, 2008 8:24:27 PM
 Generalleutnant

GoodbyeBluesky wrote:
Bad Idea though since we are not the only ones that played and why? It was a fair matchup? Everyone did as good as possible and Hiensen kept alot of pressure up

I concur with you and the result is an axis defeat in europe and india. :-d
By the way I do not think we will play tonight because steve is not available.
Geofactor
Posted: Saturday, December 13, 2008 8:52:38 PM
 Lieutenant Colonel

ill be around.....

""The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first.".....Thomas Jefferson"
anonymous....we are legion...we dont forgive....we dont forget....expect us...
SilverBolt
Posted: Saturday, December 13, 2008 9:14:18 PM
 Centurion

then again we can start like a new game and continue it during steve vacantion...if u guys feel like starting new one...
cueball
Posted: Sunday, December 14, 2008 12:05:04 AM
 Tribunus laticlavius

I am all up for playing another session. Looks bad for Axis, but I never quit.... On the other hand if Axis partners feel it is over I will go with the majority.

All the comments are welcome, please keep them coming. I am going to try and have an updated version for EIR in the new year, and comments and ideas are very helpful in that regard. So, keep them coming.

So, I will be there for Wednesday and also the Monday game. One Idea would be that if people feel this game is done we could do the Monday game on Monday and Wednesday... that would probably bring that game closer to conclusion before I leave for Vancouver next Friday.

Sir Winston -- 1937
SilverBolt
Posted: Sunday, December 14, 2008 1:24:38 AM
 Centurion

started a new game today.Maybe cue can make a new thread with various days game which will be played from 0:00 cet monday and wednesday during cues vacantion.