Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

EIR Monday continues December 8th (NA 00:00CET -- continues) Options · View
cueball
Posted: Tuesday, October 14, 2008 2:18:01 PM
 Tribunus laticlavius

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalInspiring Poster '08 AwardAuthor of 10000th Post

"When looking out across the Pacific to the east from Japan it is the image of the rising sun, from the shores of California it is the image of the sun as it sets in the wide blue sea."

Download for EIR II -- Goerings Delay -- QPAR -- Full version for Armageddon 1.2

Includes a 1936 Grand Campaign, and 1938 Scenario for Multiplayer games for Doomsday/Armageddon version 1.2

Game to be scheduled for once a week, minimum 4 hour sessesion starting between 10:00 and 04:00 CET (6 to 10 EDT) or later. This game will be held regularly on Mondays, starting on Monday October 20th.

Quote:

USSR: GeoFactor
FRA/USA: Cyprian
UK: Cueball

Possible minor Canada

Germany: Waffen
Italy: Hiensen
Japan: Nostra

Possible Minors Hungary:

Players who have stated and interest, Wretched Mass, and myself.

A more complete list of all modifications and the suggested rules set will be included in the "scenario notes and rules," in later versions of the Download

Quote:
How do install EIR II -- Goerings Delay -- QPAR -- Full version for Armageddon 1.2[/COLOR]

1) Make a complete copy of your Hearts of Iron Doomsday – Armageddon 1.1 file by clicking on the Doomsday main folder Icon and copying the folder. Paste this somewhere else on your computer.
2) Download “the East is Red.rar” file from the link provided.
3) Copy it into the new Doomsday folder: Make sure it is the copy.
4) Right Click over the RAR file.
5) Select: "Extract Here"
6) Overwrite "ALL"
7) Boot the game and in single player you will find new “the East is Red Scenarios.”
6) If you have loaded it correctly you should see the image posted above as you load the game.

Note: not all of the changes will work properly with the other scenarios available from the menu.

Can't identfy the file type? It is an RAR zip file: Click here for the decompression utility.

I want to thank all those people who have helped me put this mod together, and the the people who have come up with many of the ideas I have borrowed. Thanks especially to all the main playtesters from version one, Adam, Geofactor, Mighty G., Gunny, Hiensen, King Tiger II, DEX and Nicophorus, and more recently General Sherman. Especially Predator who did a lot of 1 on 1 playtesting and helped me re-organize my crazy file structure. Also the other modders who I have learned from and exchanged ideas with, such as the guys at the Multiplayer Enhancement Mod Prime Minister Fiend, P3D, Durruti, Zoslo and Tyrant, and also Gormodoc over at the CDCP Mod, Fernando Torres at the World in Flames Mod and Cohen for his ideas and Lord Ederon and his fantastic online map utility of course.

Thanks guys, one and all.

NOTE: EIR II -- Goerings Delay -- QPAR [/color]

For a straighforward copy over zip version go here: Goerings Delay -- NZQS -- 1.3b.rar

The Mod can also be set up with the Jones Generic Mod Enabler and has worked fine in that mode in my tests. This version has everything in it, 1.3beta, JSGME and the East is Red patch, and can be installed straight to your Armageddon 1.2 (ZBLV) folder without disrupting vanilla at all. It has the 1.3beta exe update and JGSME Mod system right in it. Just unzip to your main doomsday folder, copy the contents of the folder, then past into the main folder, then enable the mod using the JSGME system. Once you execute the JSGME it is pretty self-explanatory: EIR NZQS --ARMA 1.3beta complete 1.3b

Small patch from XTPS or NZQS 1.2 to NZQS 1.3b: Goering EIR -- Patch 1.3b

It would be a dangerous folly for the British people to underrate the enduring position in world history which Mussolini will hold; or the amazing qualities of courage, comprehension, self-control and perseverance which he exemplifies.

Sir Winston -- 1937
GoodbyeBluesky
Posted: Tuesday, October 14, 2008 2:58:30 PM
 Centurion

One Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal

So this one at 0.00 Cet and the other one with gunny at 20.00 cet?

If so im in
cueball
Posted: Tuesday, October 14, 2008 4:22:09 PM
 Tribunus laticlavius

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalInspiring Poster '08 AwardAuthor of 10000th Post

Yes, that is the idea. People who want to continue playing past 00:00 can play this game.

For a straighforward copy over zip version go here: Goerings Delay -- NZQS -- 1.3b.rar

The Mod can also be set up with the Jones Generic Mod Enabler and has worked fine in that mode in my tests. This version has everything in it, 1.3beta, JSGME and the East is Red patch, and can be installed straight to your Armageddon 1.2 (ZBLV) folder without disrupting vanilla at all. It has the 1.3beta exe update and JGSME Mod system right in it. Just unzip to your main doomsday folder, copy the contents of the folder, then past into the main folder, then enable the mod using the JSGME system. Once you execute the JSGME it is pretty self-explanatory: EIR NZQS --ARMA 1.3beta complete 1.3b

It would be a dangerous folly for the British people to underrate the enduring position in world history which Mussolini will hold; or the amazing qualities of courage, comprehension, self-control and perseverance which he exemplifies.

Sir Winston -- 1937
gunships
Posted: Tuesday, October 14, 2008 11:12:46 PM
 Obergefreiter

I hands up for UK and Russia , or Last Japan
cueball
Posted: Tuesday, October 14, 2008 11:50:12 PM
 Tribunus laticlavius

This game will be played at B/N speed up until 1939, and it would be good if we could keep pausing to a minimum. We can get to war next week this way.

Sir Winston -- 1937
gunships
Posted: Wednesday, October 15, 2008 7:33:05 AM
 Obergefreiter

We about pauseing the game < only so i dont losse techs > if that ok , or we can fix tech up later at end of session if the tech lost does not hurt ,me not having it till the next session .
SturmTiger
Posted: Thursday, October 16, 2008 11:06:49 AM
Recruit

I will Join if you dont mind substitute me on Oct 27 (Only that week ill be travelling back)

Cheers
cueball
Posted: Sunday, October 19, 2008 5:38:19 PM
 Tribunus laticlavius

Cool.

Sir Winston -- 1937
cueball
Posted: Sunday, October 19, 2008 5:40:09 PM
 Tribunus laticlavius

This patch adjusts some of the at start manpower values for France and UK (France loses 300 manpower) Manpower Patch and also changes the dates at which the at start commonwealth army is released to the Allies.

Sir Winston -- 1937
TheWretchedMass
Posted: Sunday, October 19, 2008 10:33:59 PM
 Major

yeah count me out for now until that wednesday game is over
cueball
Posted: Sunday, October 19, 2008 10:41:32 PM
 Tribunus laticlavius

Well that is too bad. I guess we have:

Gunny, Nostra, Cueball and Max, then. Perhaps Geo will be around and maybe we can pick someone up. Is Silver in this game? See how it goes.

Sir Winston -- 1937
cueball
Posted: Monday, October 20, 2008 3:01:57 AM
 Tribunus laticlavius

Cyprian, and old HOI friend of mine, says he will likely be showing up so that is good news. Very likely we will have enough players to get this going this week.

Sir Winston -- 1937
GoodbyeBluesky
Posted: Monday, October 20, 2008 3:34:36 AM
 Centurion

As it looks like we dont have the nations carved in stone yet so i would like to play Japs if possible
cueball
Posted: Friday, October 24, 2008 10:11:42 PM
 Tribunus laticlavius

This game still needs two confirmations for Monday!

Sir Winston -- 1937
cueball
Posted: Monday, October 27, 2008 12:22:16 AM
 Tribunus laticlavius

Geo said he should show up.

There has been a shift in the time Europe, and they are now only 5 hours ahead of EDT instead of 6, which means to accomodate we try 7:00 EDT or something, or slightly earlier.

Any thoughts?

Our clocks match the change next Sunday morning.

Sir Winston -- 1937
cueball
Posted: Tuesday, October 28, 2008 5:55:42 PM
 Tribunus laticlavius

Quote:

USSR: GeoFactor
FRA/USA: Cyprian
UK: Cueball

Possible minor Canada

Germany: Waffen
Italy: Dan
Japan: Nostra

Possible Minors Hungary:

KT2: I crashed. We waited a while, and you were not around so we started with Dan as Italy.

Sir Winston -- 1937
cueball
Posted: Tuesday, October 28, 2008 10:12:26 PM
 Tribunus laticlavius

Flakey Dan, has already dropped this game so we are looking for a new Italy to be partners with the Waffen powerhouse Germany.

Any takers?

Sir Winston -- 1937
SilverBolt
Posted: Monday, November 03, 2008 10:52:22 PM
 Centurion

still no italy
SilverBolt
Posted: Monday, November 03, 2008 11:02:06 PM
 Centurion

only me and nostra in lobby.Guess we postpone this.
cueball
Posted: Monday, November 03, 2008 11:13:37 PM
 Tribunus laticlavius

I disnconected to talk to my ISP, and I am back.

Sir Winston -- 1937
cueball
Posted: Tuesday, November 04, 2008 9:58:35 AM
 Tribunus laticlavius

Ok welll I have been so busy that I did not check my email and it turns out Cyprian sent me an email saying he would not be able to play. Too bad. Guess we are up for next week.

Still need an Italy for Waffen.

Sir Winston -- 1937
cueball
Posted: Wednesday, November 05, 2008 7:11:04 AM
 Tribunus laticlavius

I think I have identifed the connectity problem, and it relates to the mod patch and not my iternet connection after all:

Description of the difficulty: When doing some recent edits I may have accidentally allowed for some data files associated with the editor to get included with the download. These cause the system to not properly load the scenario files in the scenario interface when played in Windowed Mode. On a new install no scenarios will appear at all, and over an old version of the EIR patch the scenarios will appear, but the interface is still corrupted.

Identification: A small green "F" appears immediatly below the chesksum code at the top right hand side of the screen.

I do not know, but I think this may very well have caused the frequent lags, and also problems loading the game from the Hosting ingerface. It seems very likely to me.

Solution: Reinstall the EIR patch over a completely new version of the game, and delete the old one. You should probably also make sure you keep any recent saves from ongoing games. The new patch can be found in my signature here or at P-Dox, or this one: New Patch EIR II Goerings Delay -- QPAR

Sir Winston -- 1937
cueball
Posted: Sunday, November 09, 2008 11:02:17 PM
 Tribunus laticlavius

We need an Italy for this game.

Any takes? Any suggestios?

Sir Winston -- 1937
cueball
Posted: Sunday, November 09, 2008 11:26:00 PM
 Tribunus laticlavius

Regularly scheduled EIR games for MOnday still being played on schedule.

Post here for instructions if you have trouble connecting by IP: my IP is 99.232.117.194

Sir Winston -- 1937
SilverBolt
Posted: Monday, November 10, 2008 10:22:39 PM
 Centurion

i thought hiensen was hosting maybe itll work better.