Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

EIR Wednesdays Ongoing November 26th, 19:00 CET (postponed) Options · View
cueball
Posted: Tuesday, November 04, 2008 10:01:31 AM
 Tribunus laticlavius

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalInspiring Poster '08 AwardAuthor of 10000th Post

"When looking out across the Pacific to the east from Japan it is the image of the rising sun, from the shores of California it is the image of the sun as it sets in the wide blue sea."

Download for New Patch EIR II -- QPAR -- Full version for Armageddon 1.2

Includes a 1936 Grand Campaign, and 1938 Scenario for Multiplayer games for Doomsday/Armageddon version 1.2

Game to be scheduled for once a week, minimum 4 hour sessesion starting at 19:00 CET (1:00 EDT) at the latest. This game will be held regularly on Sunday's, starting Sunday October 19th.

Quote:

USSR:
FRA/USA: Hiensen
UK: Mighty G.

Possible minor Canada

Germany: Edzako
Italy: Cueball
Japan:

Possible Minors Hungary:

NOTE: Players who have top prios on country picks for this game are, Edzako, Nostra and myself. This means, I think that any of those three will be playing Germnay, USSR, or UK. Also, we may be trying this out with the "Goerings Delay" floating "Danzig Date" scenario, but I am not sure about that.

A more complete list of all modifications and the suggested rules set will be included in the "scenario notes and rules," in later versions of the Download

Quote:
How do install EIR II -- QPAR -- Full version for Armageddon 1.2

1) Make a complete copy of your Hearts of Iron Doomsday – Armageddon 1.1 file by clicking on the Doomsday main folder Icon and copying the folder. Paste this somewhere else on your computer.
2) Download “the East is Red.rar” file from the link provided.
3) Copy it into the new Doomsday folder: Make sure it is the copy.
4) Right Click over the RAR file.
5) Select: "Extract Here"
6) Overwrite "ALL"
7) Boot the game and in single player you will find new “the East is Red Scenarios.”
6) If you have loaded it correctly you should see the image posted above as you load the game.

Note: not all of the changes will work properly with the other scenarios available from the menu.

Can't identfy the file type? It is an RAR zip file: Click here for the decompression utility.

I want to thank all those people who have helped me put this mod together, and the the people who have come up with many of the ideas I have borrowed. Thanks especially to all the main playtesters from version one, Adam, Geofactor, Mighty G., Gunny, Hiensen, King Tiger II, DEX and Nicophorus, and more recently General Sherman. Especially Predator who did a lot of 1 on 1 playtesting and helped me re-organize my crazy file structure. Also the other modders who I have learned from and exchanged ideas with, such as the guys at the Multiplayer Enhancement Mod Prime Minister Fiend, P3D, Durruti, Zoslo and Tyrant, and also Gormodoc over at the CDCP Mod, Fernando Torres at the World in Flames Mod and Cohen for his ideas and Lord Ederon and his fantastic online map utility of course.

Thanks guys, one and all.

NOTE: EIR II -- QPAR

For a straighforward copy over zip version go here: Goerings Delay -- NZQS -- 1.3b.rar

The Mod can also be set up with the Jones Generic Mod Enabler and has worked fine in that mode in my tests. This version has everything in it, 1.3beta, JSGME and the East is Red patch, and can be installed straight to your Armageddon 1.2 (ZBLV) folder without disrupting vanilla at all. It has the 1.3beta exe update and JGSME Mod system right in it. Just unzip to your main doomsday folder, copy the contents of the folder, then past into the main folder, then enable the mod using the JSGME system. Once you execute the JSGME it is pretty self-explanatory: EIR NZQS --ARMA 1.3beta complete 1.3b

Small patch from XTPS or NZQS 1.2 to NZQS 1.3b: Goering EIR -- Patch 1.3b

It would be a dangerous folly for the British people to underrate the enduring position in world history which Mussolini will hold; or the amazing qualities of courage, comprehension, self-control and perseverance which he exemplifies.

Sir Winston -- 1937
cueball
Posted: Tuesday, November 04, 2008 10:02:02 AM
 Tribunus laticlavius

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalInspiring Poster '08 AwardAuthor of 10000th Post

Hiensen said he would like to end up as USA.

For a straighforward copy over zip version go here: Goerings Delay -- NZQS -- 1.3b.rar

The Mod can also be set up with the Jones Generic Mod Enabler and has worked fine in that mode in my tests. This version has everything in it, 1.3beta, JSGME and the East is Red patch, and can be installed straight to your Armageddon 1.2 (ZBLV) folder without disrupting vanilla at all. It has the 1.3beta exe update and JGSME Mod system right in it. Just unzip to your main doomsday folder, copy the contents of the folder, then past into the main folder, then enable the mod using the JSGME system. Once you execute the JSGME it is pretty self-explanatory: EIR NZQS --ARMA 1.3beta complete 1.3b

It would be a dangerous folly for the British people to underrate the enduring position in world history which Mussolini will hold; or the amazing qualities of courage, comprehension, self-control and perseverance which he exemplifies.

Sir Winston -- 1937
GoodbyeBluesky
Posted: Tuesday, November 04, 2008 12:59:25 PM
 Centurion

One Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal

I have a lot of stuff i have to take care of and more coming up.
So i will not be part of this new game as a regular player
hiensen
Posted: Tuesday, November 04, 2008 1:41:24 PM
 Generalleutnant

One Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalAuthor of 18000th Post

I would like to suggest a few rules amendments that I'll post later.
cueball
Posted: Tuesday, November 04, 2008 8:04:12 PM
 Tribunus laticlavius

Sure. Lets see if we can get the players together. No need to start this week, really.

Also I think I may have figured out what is going on with the connection.

Sir Winston -- 1937
hiensen
Posted: Tuesday, November 04, 2008 8:59:40 PM
 Generalleutnant

"9.3 : UK may not ally Republican Spain until after Vichy"

I think this rule should be removed since it can be game breaker if germany choose not to attack spain.

"UK is not allowed to have mil access to the pacific minors(Netherland Indies,Australia, New Zealand) and rest of Indonesia until japan enters in war"

This rule should be added to avoid a possible stacking of units and planes in Batavia that would steal from japan his chances to land somewhere in netherlands indies.

"USA mustn't accept Yamamoto assassination if Pearl Harbour is under Japan hands"

How is Yamamoto assassination featured in EIR ? If nothing have been done concerning this event so I suggest this rule to make it fair for japan.

"Factions Sphere of Influence: They cannot grant each other military access. Their units also cannot behave in function of the other nor operate in theathers which are too close to the other Faction due to political reasons.EU Axis-ASIA Axis and Allies-USSR are the factions mentioned."

"If USSR have one VP condition for Bitter Peace left the allies can be given mil access into USSR and intervene directly."

You mentioned this point the other day, is it possible to trigger mil access for allies in USSR via event ? Holy One Tooth Grin

cueball
Posted: Tuesday, November 04, 2008 11:56:22 PM
 Tribunus laticlavius

1) Theoretically, Republican Spain should only be alliable under the following circumstances: Civil war continues after vichy, or if it is attacked by Germany. We should just be able to take that rule out, as it is old anyway.

If you are worried about UK being able to super-stack Bilbao, this would be the case even if Germany is ready at the border to attack, since UK should be able to see the build up. MEM changed the map and I was thinking of taking a look at what they did. I am not even really sure that its a game breaker anyway, at least not until Allies are ready for D-day anyway, and use an alliance with Spain to avoid a landing.

2) I dunno about that.

3) Your Yamamato assassination event was modified to reflect your rule.

4) not sure I understand this.

5) This could be incorporated in events but for the time being we have the rule.

Sir Winston -- 1937
hiensen
Posted: Wednesday, November 05, 2008 3:57:06 AM
 Generalleutnant

hiensen wrote:
"UK is not allowed to have mil access to the pacific minors(Netherland Indies,Australia, New Zealand) and rest of Indonesia until japan enters in war"

This rule should be added to avoid a possible stacking of units and planes in Batavia that would steal from japan his chances to land somewhere in netherlands indies.

It's pretty easy for UK to garrison batavia and stack his planes there, inflicting deadly damage to any fleet coming nearby.This is a mirror of what can also happens with a stacking in guam or philipinnes.

Quote:
hiensen wrote:
"Factions Sphere of Influence: They cannot grant each other military access. Their units also cannot behave in function of the other nor operate in theathers which are too close to the other Faction due to political reasons.EU Axis-ASIA Axis and Allies-USSR are the factions mentioned."

This basically mean no germ planes in Japan, japanese fleet and troops in europe, allied troops in ussr, or soviet divisions in UK ready to support a landing.

cueball
Posted: Wednesday, November 05, 2008 4:26:23 AM
 Tribunus laticlavius

hiensen wrote:
It's pretty easy for UK to garrison batavia and stack his planes there, inflicting deadly damage to any fleet coming nearby.This is a mirror of what can also happens with a stacking in guam or philipinnes.

I am hoping people will be able to find other solutions for these kinds of things.

Sir Winston -- 1937
cueball
Posted: Wednesday, November 05, 2008 7:08:40 AM
 Tribunus laticlavius

I think I have identifed the connectity problem, and it relates to the mod patch and not my iternet connection after all:

Description of the difficulty: When doing some recent edits I may have accidentally allowed for some data files associated with the editor to get included with the download. These cause the system to not properly load the scenario files in the scenario interface when played in Windowed Mode. On a new install no scenarios will appear at all, and over an old version of the EIR patch the scenarios will appear, but the interface is still corrupted.

Identification: A small green "F" appears immediatly below the chesksum code at the top right hand side of the screen.

I do not know, but I think this may very well have caused the frequent lags, and also problems loading the game from the Hosting ingerface. It seems very likely to me.

Solution: Reinstall the EIR patch over a completely new version of the game, and delete the old one. You should probably also make sure you keep any recent saves from ongoing games. The new patch can be found in my signature here or at P-Dox, or this one: New Patch EIR II Goerings Delay -- QPAR

Sir Winston -- 1937
hiensen
Posted: Wednesday, November 05, 2008 12:29:41 PM
 Generalleutnant

cueball wrote:
I think I have identifed the connectity problem, and it relates to the mod patch and not my iternet connection after all:

Description of the difficulty: When doing some recent edits I may have accidentally allowed for some data files associated with the editor to get included with the download. These cause the system to not properly load the scenario files in the scenario interface when played in Windowed Mode. On a new install no scenarios will appear at all, and over an old version of the EIR patch the scenarios will appear, but the interface is still corrupted.

Identification: A small green "F" appears immediatly below the chesksum code at the top right hand side of the screen.

I do not know, but I think this may very well have caused the frequent lags, and also problems loading the game from the Hosting ingerface. It seems very likely to me.

Solution: Reinstall the EIR patch over a completely new version of the game, and delete the old one. You should probably also make sure you keep any recent saves from ongoing games. The new patch can be found in my signature here or at P-Dox, or this one: New Patch EIR II Goerings Delay -- QPAR

Steve, in your game folder create a folder called F and put your scenarios folder inside it when you are playing on windowed.It fixes your issue.
cueball
Posted: Wednesday, November 05, 2008 6:05:19 PM
 Tribunus laticlavius

Regardless, I still think its best if everyone reinstalls the system. I don't know what other issues are caused by this problem.

Sir Winston -- 1937
cueball
Posted: Sunday, November 09, 2008 11:39:53 PM
 Tribunus laticlavius

Quote:

USSR: Silver
FRA/USA: Hiensen
UK: Mighty G.

Possible minor Canada

Germany: Edzako
Italy: Cueball
Japan:

Possible Minors Hungary:

Last week ISD has said that he would like to be permanent Japan. Last week Nostra agreed to play Japan temporarily, isn't that right? In that case we should probably get ISD to confirm that he will continue as Japan.

Also, wasn't I supposed to do some edits here for SU? What was it. Also any other edits for this game?

Sir Winston -- 1937
cueball
Posted: Monday, November 10, 2008 12:13:24 AM
 Tribunus laticlavius

This is the save from last Wednesday with the Soviet tech edit: http://www.mediafire.com/?ziyn1goegom

Sir Winston -- 1937
cueball
Posted: Tuesday, November 11, 2008 8:51:52 AM
 Tribunus laticlavius

We need to know what is going on with Japan here. I asked ISD to play it last week, if he was available for wednesday's and he left thinking we were not going to be able to play. So Nostra took over the slot, but I don't really know what to do because one of the reasons I tried to line up ISD was because Nostra had previously said he could not play this game, ongoing.

Also, Nostra says he will likely not be able to play for this session, or only the first two hours so. So what to do? I am leaning toward having ISD do it, using what I am sure is Nostra's benchmark starting set up for Japan.

Thoughts?

Sir Winston -- 1937
GoodbyeBluesky
Posted: Wednesday, November 12, 2008 12:04:08 AM
 Centurion

I could play close to 22:00 Cet in case ISD is not there but everything after that is no go
cueball
Posted: Wednesday, November 12, 2008 12:06:52 AM
 Tribunus laticlavius

Well that would be great. You are always welcome. But I am still trying to pin down who will be Japan in the long run.

Sir Winston -- 1937
hiensen
Posted: Wednesday, November 12, 2008 3:53:32 AM
 Generalleutnant

ISD said it's ok, by the way I warn that I might not be there at 19 CET cuz of work, "from 20 cet'' suits more.

Ok then i'll be there at 20:00 CET then.
cueball
Posted: Wednesday, November 12, 2008 4:27:15 AM
 Tribunus laticlavius

I guess the point is that I would rather have the player who is going to take the country through the main part of the game play the country, as opposed to have someone start it and then drop out. Its only fair really. So, if ISD is around I think he should take it over, if Nostra is not continuing next week.

Sir Winston -- 1937
GoodbyeBluesky
Posted: Wednesday, November 12, 2008 8:50:55 AM
 Centurion

Well, my buildup is strongly directed into a industrial one with almost no divison upgrading and almost no new units. I will just warn that i think ISD will have a very hard time in china
cueball
Posted: Wednesday, November 12, 2008 8:55:13 AM
 Tribunus laticlavius

Could be.

Sir Winston -- 1937
hiensen
Posted: Wednesday, November 12, 2008 6:04:13 PM
 Generalleutnant

I'm back earlier.
Edzako
Posted: Wednesday, November 12, 2008 6:25:27 PM
 1st Lieutenant

I am at valky.

Stand upright, speak thy thoughts, declare The truth thou hast, that all may share; Be bold, proclaim it everywhere: They only live who dare.
cueball
Posted: Wednesday, November 12, 2008 10:42:44 PM
 Tribunus laticlavius

Ok good session. Next week 19:00. Still looking for permanent Japan.

Sir Winston -- 1937
cueball
Posted: Tuesday, November 18, 2008 5:18:36 PM
 Tribunus laticlavius

I guess if ISD does not cofirm Japan we will have to find someone else.

Sir Winston -- 1937