Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

John Adams Options · View
Ederon
Posted: Friday, November 28, 2008 3:35:21 PM
 Field Major

I'm just reading book about him and according to what it says, he was great statesman and did a lot for success of American revolution. I'm yet in the middle of that book (written by David McCullough), but it's interesting reading. What do you know about him yourself? Any shadow side of his persona you know of? Smile
Wishing_Well
Posted: Friday, November 28, 2008 4:09:51 PM
 Decurion

One Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal

Lord Ederon wrote:
Any shadow side of his persona you know of? Smile

He was american.
cueball
Posted: Friday, November 28, 2008 7:27:01 PM
 Tribunus laticlavius

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalInspiring Poster '08 AwardAuthor of 10000th Post

I thnk so, yes, definitely an American. Other than that nothing. I think his middle name is Quincy.

For a straighforward copy over zip version go here: Goerings Delay -- NZQS -- 1.3b.rar

The Mod can also be set up with the Jones Generic Mod Enabler and has worked fine in that mode in my tests. This version has everything in it, 1.3beta, JSGME and the East is Red patch, and can be installed straight to your Armageddon 1.2 (ZBLV) folder without disrupting vanilla at all. It has the 1.3beta exe update and JGSME Mod system right in it. Just unzip to your main doomsday folder, copy the contents of the folder, then past into the main folder, then enable the mod using the JSGME system. Once you execute the JSGME it is pretty self-explanatory: EIR NZQS --ARMA 1.3beta complete 1.3b

Small patch from XTPS or NZQS 1.2 to NZQS 1.3b: Goering EIR -- Patch 1.3b

It would be a dangerous folly for the British people to underrate the enduring position in world history which Mussolini will hold; or the amazing qualities of courage, comprehension, self-control and perseverance which he exemplifies.

Sir Winston -- 1937
Anders
Posted: Friday, November 28, 2008 9:50:40 PM
 Generalfeldmarschall

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal2012 Good Cause Support MedalBanned in ActionAuthor of 7000th post

cueball wrote:
I thnk so, yes, definitely an American. Other than that nothing. I think his middle name is Quincy.
That's the son. Who was also Prezindent. Like Bush I and II.

"Hvor fattige var de ikke, disse fiskere som levde av havets nåde! De slet sig gjennom livet uten å se sig om til høire eller til venstre. Deres gleder var få, deres bekymringer mange. Men de hadde allikevel et gemyttlig smil til den fremmede, en munter vise og en lun historie. For sånn er de, disse Sørlandets barn."

King of Men wrote:
Anders is correct.

Fivoin wrote:
Yeah, Anders is right.

baronbowden wrote:
I would tend to agree with Anders.

Support Ederon.net via your Amazon purchases!

I joined Ederon.net before it became mainstream
Ederon
Posted: Sunday, November 30, 2008 2:53:23 PM
 Field Major

cueball wrote:
I think his middle name is Quincy.

As Anders mentions, his oldest son was John Quincy and was president later on too.
sonofliberty
Posted: Sunday, November 30, 2008 5:10:08 PM
Free Man

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalBiggest Spammer '08 Award

Adams is an often overlooked figure in our history. I have nothad a chance to read that book yet, but I believe he was an honorable man. Hes was born an englishman though we will forgive him that minor flaw ;-)

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. -- That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, -- That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness."

There is a new game on the way Project Blitzkrieg
Ederon
Posted: Tuesday, January 06, 2009 11:09:51 AM
 Field Major

sonofliberty wrote:
I believe he was an honorable man. Hes was born an englishman though we will forgive him that minor flaw ;-)

How do you mean it? He was born "new englishman", same as his father (and maybe even father of his father).
Ederon
Posted: Tuesday, January 27, 2009 3:10:45 PM
 Field Major

I've finished reading this book and it was very good. For interested ones, it's John Adams from David McCullough. Apparently, he was great man with some flaws. Arguably one of most important figures in American Revolution. What probably every American knows and what is rather symbolic, is that he died on same day as Thomas Jefferson, on 4th of July 1826, on 50th anniversary of Declaration of Independence. His son was U.S. president at that time and it was probably one thing John Adams was proudest of.