SilverBolt
Posted: Wednesday, January 07, 2009 1:18:54 AM
 Centurion

One Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal

ah ok i understand now. lol
cueball
Posted: Wednesday, January 07, 2009 4:06:24 AM
 Tribunus laticlavius

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalInspiring Poster '08 AwardAuthor of 10000th Post

Well, that is the concept. We will see how it actually works.

For a straighforward copy over zip version go here: Goerings Delay -- NZQS -- 1.3b.rar

The Mod can also be set up with the Jones Generic Mod Enabler and has worked fine in that mode in my tests. This version has everything in it, 1.3beta, JSGME and the East is Red patch, and can be installed straight to your Armageddon 1.2 (ZBLV) folder without disrupting vanilla at all. It has the 1.3beta exe update and JGSME Mod system right in it. Just unzip to your main doomsday folder, copy the contents of the folder, then past into the main folder, then enable the mod using the JSGME system. Once you execute the JSGME it is pretty self-explanatory: EIR NZQS --ARMA 1.3beta complete 1.3b

Small patch from XTPS or NZQS 1.2 to NZQS 1.3b: Goering EIR -- Patch 1.3b

It would be a dangerous folly for the British people to underrate the enduring position in world history which Mussolini will hold; or the amazing qualities of courage, comprehension, self-control and perseverance which he exemplifies.

Sir Winston -- 1937
hiensen
Posted: Tuesday, January 13, 2009 8:00:56 PM
 Generalleutnant

One Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalAuthor of 18000th Post

cueball wrote:
Again, German MP is not nerfed, so they don't need the Mobilization techs, except when they are really low on MP. This way its Germany's choice if it wants to keep its professional army sliders, or build a larger army than normal, at the cost of having slower upgrades. That is their choice.

The Allies pre-war MP is nerfed. The Allies need the drafts to compensate for the MP they are not getting in the pre-war years, in order to be able to mobilize a normal-sized army quickly after war starts. As well, the fact that the Allies will need this extra MP from the mobilization techs will cause them shifts in their Professional Army sliders, and effect their fast upgrades.

Allies could, I guess, decide to have a smaller army that upgrades fast, but that would also be a choice.

It's interesting I like it.And concerning mechanized divisions blueprints for germany can make it in the easiest way.
cueball
Posted: Thursday, January 15, 2009 10:18:08 AM
 Tribunus laticlavius

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalInspiring Poster '08 AwardAuthor of 10000th Post

Possibly....

I have finished ironing out the major bugs in UMPP:

Quote:
1) Fixed the sprite positionings for the new province set up, Sedan, Laon, Bilbao, and Namur.

2) Fixed the Naval distances.

3) Set up the airport in that appears to be in Riems, so that it appears in Metz, where it actually is.

4) Various value changes and bug fixes in the Goering's Delay scenario.

The new Cheksum is ZZVP, and there is small patch up from UMPP to ZZVP, and a complete version: EIR II -- 2009 -- ZZVP. All ongoing games will continue with the patched version.

For a straighforward copy over zip version go here: Goerings Delay -- NZQS -- 1.3b.rar

The Mod can also be set up with the Jones Generic Mod Enabler and has worked fine in that mode in my tests. This version has everything in it, 1.3beta, JSGME and the East is Red patch, and can be installed straight to your Armageddon 1.2 (ZBLV) folder without disrupting vanilla at all. It has the 1.3beta exe update and JGSME Mod system right in it. Just unzip to your main doomsday folder, copy the contents of the folder, then past into the main folder, then enable the mod using the JSGME system. Once you execute the JSGME it is pretty self-explanatory: EIR NZQS --ARMA 1.3beta complete 1.3b

It would be a dangerous folly for the British people to underrate the enduring position in world history which Mussolini will hold; or the amazing qualities of courage, comprehension, self-control and perseverance which he exemplifies.

Sir Winston -- 1937
cueball
Posted: Monday, January 19, 2009 5:11:02 AM
 Tribunus laticlavius

New Patch to fix a few minor details. Mainly just fixing the river crossing at Troyes-Sedan.

The new Cheksum is JQBQ, and there is small patch up from UMPP or ZZVP to JQBQ, and a complete version: EIR II -- 2009 -- JQBQ.All ongoing games will continue with the patched version. The small patch should be applied over ZZVP, and works for it as well as UMPP.

Sir Winston -- 1937
cueball
Posted: Tuesday, February 10, 2009 5:02:51 PM
 Tribunus laticlavius

Fixed the flaw in the China surrender events that caused the game to crash sometimes when saving... I am pretty sure.

Sir Winston -- 1937
cueball
Posted: Wednesday, February 11, 2009 8:43:11 AM
 Tribunus laticlavius

Just because I was bored, and on the China track I created a series of events for the 1939/40 Chinese Communist revolt against the Japanese in Hubei and Shandong regions. Its not date specfic, but hopefully will make the China walkover a little more interesting.

Sir Winston -- 1937
SilverBolt
Posted: Friday, February 20, 2009 4:57:18 PM
 Centurion

Motorized cost way too much in comparison to tanks.Price must be lowered.
cueball
Posted: Friday, February 20, 2009 4:59:43 PM
 Tribunus laticlavius

And how did you come to this conclusion?

Motorized units have all kinds of qualities above and beyond their combat statistics. They single handedly ended that game where Hiensen was Germany that happened over Christmas simply because they moved fast enough to plug all the holes in the allied line. I don't want to make mass motos an exploit. This unit is meant to enhance the overall effectiveness of an army, not dominate the game.

And we are not even talking about 15% CA bonus on defence, and 8 % on attack.

So serioualy, how did you come to this conclusion?

Sir Winston -- 1937
SilverBolt
Posted: Friday, February 20, 2009 5:51:19 PM
 Centurion

cueball wrote:
And how did you come to this conclusion?

Motorized units have all kinds of qualities above and beyond their combat statistics. They single handedly ended that game where Hiensen was Germany that happened over Christmas simply because they moved fast enough to plug all the holes in the allied line. I don't want to make mass motos an exploit. This unit is meant to enhance the overall effectiveness of an army, not dominate the game.

And we are not even talking about 15% CA bonus on defence, and 8 % on attack.

So serioualy, how did you come to this conclusion?

The motorized hiensen was faving had more like 72 softness.Also higher toughness and defensiveness.

Ur mots have 95 or something like that.
cueball
Posted: Friday, February 20, 2009 6:51:26 PM
 Tribunus laticlavius

You need to make an analysis of the relative value of different unit classes between vanilla and the latest patch really. Not the last patch, and the latest. It is the cost difference in relationship between the units types that really counts.

Hardness has been decreased because hardness is more effective in this combat system.

Sir Winston -- 1937
SilverBolt
Posted: Friday, February 20, 2009 6:55:04 PM
 Centurion

cueball wrote:
You need to make an analysis of the relative value of different unit classes between vanilla and the latest patch really. Not the last patch, and the latest. It is the cost difference in relationship between the units types that really counts.

Hardness has been decreased because hardness is more effective in this combat system.

yea and im saying motorized shouldnt cost half as a tank division.Considering they have same stats if not lower than a normal infantry.Also not as speedy as a tank.
cueball
Posted: Friday, February 20, 2009 6:56:46 PM
 Tribunus laticlavius

Right. Well I am not saying you are wrong. What I am saying is that the relative costs in terms of vanilla should be similar. Having looked at it, I agree they are probably overvalued.

Sir Winston -- 1937
TheWretchedMass
Posted: Sunday, February 22, 2009 7:55:31 AM
 Major

Anders wrote:
By removing the CVLs, you also prevent Germany from actually building a viable navy. It needs those CVLs to aid the Bismarck and Tirpitz.

X

Nope. Actually removing the CVL makes its range much more valuable. You have a ship with 46 range going up against UK ships with 33 you're going to be like a boxer with long arms and they wont touch you.
Cohen
Posted: Monday, March 09, 2009 2:42:57 AM
 1st Lieutenant

One Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalAuthor of 19000th Post

Given I never played EIR, I read much about upgrading issues.
Simpy:

UK, and overall Allies start with like 0 Standing Army (all drafted), to make up for Free Trade upgrade - and the real standing army (UK '36 one) starts with build it experience to represent they were professional soldiers well trained.
Axis should start with middle to high Standing Army, Germany to maxxed standing army - to be lowered eventually with later '42+ mobilization events or those techs about it.

This should balance the Free Trade screw up on Upgrading.

Cohen

"War is a Clash of Will, meant to be brought with maximum violence."
cueball
Posted: Monday, March 09, 2009 2:59:39 AM
 Tribunus laticlavius

I think the real issue with upgrades is mostly that people are used to having them fast and easy, and get pissy when pre-set vanilla strategies are disrupted.

The EIR upgrade system as it is actually benefits Axis and Soviet Union because the Axis and the Soviet Union actually build their armies just prior to war, while Allies build constantly and then upgrade. Having higher upgrade cost increases the costs for units for Allies more than it does for Axis because Axis and SU build more new units and depend less upon gearing and upgrading to save IC/days. Having higher upgrade costs ends up making the strategy used by FM/PA democracies inefficient, since they are no longer able to run level I tanks (or infantry) and then exploit the FM/Standing army bonus, to upgrade old units for less than it costs to build new.

The point is to force Allies to also build new.

Where it hurts Axis most is in the war with SU, since it wants to upgrade sometime in 41/42, but, given that this is also the period that Germany has most likely already exhausted her manpower, it is not like she has a lot do with her IC anyway. SU, is still building at this point in time.

Sir Winston -- 1937
SilverBolt
Posted: Monday, March 09, 2009 10:23:46 AM
 Centurion

Cohen wrote:
Given I never played EIR, I read much about upgrading issues.
Simpy:

UK, and overall Allies start with like 0 Standing Army (all drafted), to make up for Free Trade upgrade - and the real standing army (UK '36 one) starts with build it experience to represent they were professional soldiers well trained.
Axis should start with middle to high Standing Army, Germany to maxxed standing army - to be lowered eventually with later '42+ mobilization events or those techs about it.

This should balance the Free Trade screw up on Upgrading.

I did start with half standing but i researched mobilization for more manpower.
SilverBolt
Posted: Monday, March 09, 2009 10:24:50 AM
 Centurion

cueball wrote:
I think the real issue with upgrades is mostly that people are used to having them fast and easy, and get pissy when pre-set vanilla strategies are disrupted.

The EIR upgrade system as it is actually benefits Axis and Soviet Union because the Axis and the Soviet Union actually build their armies just prior to war, while Allies build constantly and then upgrade. Having higher upgrade cost increases the costs for units for Allies more than it does for Axis because Axis and SU build more new units and depend less upon gearing and upgrading to save IC/days. Having higher upgrade costs ends up making the strategy used by FM/PA democracies inefficient, since they are no longer able to run level I tanks (or infantry) and then exploit the FM/Standing army bonus, to upgrade old units for less than it costs to build new.

The point is to force Allies to also build new.

Where it hurts Axis most is in the war with SU, since it wants to upgrade sometime in 41/42, but, given that this is also the period that Germany has most likely already exhausted her manpower, it is not like she has a lot do with her IC anyway. SU, is still building at this point in time.

Germany builds tanks....not upgrade...for example ive 20 per cent gearing on average on my tanks and i have some 30 ones also.
Gridley
Posted: Thursday, April 16, 2009 6:26:05 PM
 Private

Cueball...Steve I think.

Our group has been playing multiplayer games with our LAN set up in Brampton for...well not long. We just had another game end in frustration again last night. Leaving us counting the days till July when Computer WiF is released. Anyway, we all still like HoI and want to keep going with it...anything for a night out. So I mentioned your mod and we'd like to give it a go. Just a couple question though;

One of our biggest concerns is...well just too much stuff. Do you find less units in your games?
Which files do I have to download exactly, just FKZG and the update?

Thanks,
Dave.
cueball
Posted: Friday, April 17, 2009 12:00:20 AM
 Tribunus laticlavius

Brampton! Yo!

Why are your games collapsing? How many players?

There are definitely less units in EIR games than in vanilla. The changes are very large and include everything from the combat system, which is more defence oriented with more grinding battles and less wild breakthroughs and encirclements, to the events system, which is very very different than in vanilla. There is a regular 36 and a 36 Goerings Delay scenario and a 38.

The 38 scenario was one I designed basically for playtesting, and is broken at the moment because I haven't had time to update it for the most recent changes to the mod. The difference between the regular 36 and the 36 "Goerings Delay" scenario is mostly in the European events system prior to the war. There is no more "Danzig" event, and all the Czech surrender events are timed to the growth of the German power (expressed by the size of its army in comparison to the French army). Once the "Diplomatic Offensive" event fires, then cores become available in Sudetenland, and German can use the "demand territory" function to trigger the Munich event. The same kind of thing happens for the Fall of Czech event. The idea here is to liberate the game from prediction that lead to preset strategies, since no one other than Germany can determine exactly when war will break out, and Germany even is only partly in control of the timing of events. Our rules specify that Germany may start the war anytime after the first "diplomatic offensive" event fires.

Germany unleashes WWII by declaring war on any country that it does not have a NAP with anytime after the Diplomatic Offensive event fires. So, it could say attack Czech Republic, or Denmark, or Poland first. Likewise the Winter war event does not fire until Soviet Union declares war on Finland.

I highly recommend that players play the game through in SP at least to get a feel for the build order. SU especially has been heavily nerfed. Japan should definitely play through the war in China and make it fall, since it is much more difficult than vanilla. The Goerings Delay scenario is set up basically to simulate how the game might go in MP, but I wouldn't say that it is balanced really, but it will play through the events system, and follow some ahistorical game paths, so that you can see what they are like.

Wild things can happen, observe this game: EIR II weekdays NA AAR

The rules about NAP's and peace agreements are fundamental to the system, as is the basic game set up, which is basically, no human USA at start, Germany, SU, Japan and UK must be played. Additional countries include Italy, Hungary, France, Canada and Australia. A human Allied player may go to USA after Vichy falls.

6 + Player set up

Axis:

Germany
Japan
Italy
Hungary
Manchoukou

Allies:
UK
USSR
France
Canada
Australia

Allied minor switches to USA after Vichy

Sir Winston -- 1937