Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

EIR -- 2009 -- Next date: Wednesday January 28th @ 00:00 CET Options · View
cueball
Posted: Thursday, January 15, 2009 3:13:14 AM
 Tribunus laticlavius

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalInspiring Poster '08 AwardAuthor of 10000th Post

"When looking out across the Pacific to the east from Japan it is the image of the rising sun, from the shores of California it is the image of the sun as it sets in the wide blue sea."

Download for EIR II -- 2009 -- UMPP.rar -- Full version for Armageddon 1.2
Includes a 1936 Grand Campaign, and 1938 Scenario for Multiplayer games for Doomsday/Armageddon version 1.2

Game to be scheduled for once a week, minimum 4 hour sessesion starting at 19:00 CET (1:00 EDT) at the latest. This game will be held regularly on Wednesday starting Sunday January 11th.

Quote:
USSR: Cueball
FRA/USA: Cueball
UK: Nostra

Possible minor Canada:

Germany: Hiensen
Italy: Waffen
Japan: Wretched Mass

Possible Minors Hungary:

A more complete list of all modifications and the suggested rules set will be included in the "scenario notes and rules," in later versions of the Download

Quote:
How do install EIR II -- 2009 -- UMPP.rar -- Full version for Armageddon 1.2

1) Make a complete copy of your Hearts of Iron Doomsday – Armageddon 1.1 file by clicking on the Doomsday main folder Icon and copying the folder. Paste this somewhere else on your computer.
2) Download “the East is Red.rar” file from the link provided.
3) Copy it into the new Doomsday folder: Make sure it is the copy.
4) Right Click over the RAR file.
5) Select: "Extract Here"
6) Overwrite "ALL"
7) Boot the game and in single player you will find new “the East is Red Scenarios.”
6) If you have loaded it correctly you should see the image posted above as you load the game.

Note: not all of the changes will work properly with the other scenarios available from the menu.

Can't identfy the file type? It is an RAR zip file: Click here for the decompression utility.

I want to thank all those people who have helped me put this mod together, and the the people who have come up with many of the ideas I have borrowed. Thanks especially to all the main playtesters from version one, Adam, Geofactor, Mighty G., Gunny, Hiensen, King Tiger II, DEX and Nicophorus, General Sherman, Waffen, WretchedMass and Nostra. Especially Predator who did a lot of 1 on 1 playtesting and helped me re-organize my crazy file structure. Also the other modders who I have learned from and exchanged ideas with, such as the guys at the Multiplayer Enhancement Mod Prime Minister Fiend, P3D, Durruti, Zsolo, Tyrant, and also Gormodoc over at the CDCP Mod, Fernando Torres at the World in Flames Mod and Cohen for his ideas and Lord Ederon and his fantastic online map utility of course.

In particular I want to say hats off to the MEM guys here, especially Durruti, Zsolo and Fiend, who put together the excelent map modifications, which they have graciously allowed me to use.

Thanks guys, one and all.

A description of major changes and discussion for the UMPP version can be found here: EIR II (2009) Main Changes and the basic rules can be found here: Rules for Goerings Delay

For a straighforward copy over zip version go here: Goerings Delay -- NZQS -- 1.3b.rar

The Mod can also be set up with the Jones Generic Mod Enabler and has worked fine in that mode in my tests. This version has everything in it, 1.3beta, JSGME and the East is Red patch, and can be installed straight to your Armageddon 1.2 (ZBLV) folder without disrupting vanilla at all. It has the 1.3beta exe update and JGSME Mod system right in it. Just unzip to your main doomsday folder, copy the contents of the folder, then past into the main folder, then enable the mod using the JSGME system. Once you execute the JSGME it is pretty self-explanatory: EIR NZQS --ARMA 1.3beta complete 1.3b

Small patch from XTPS or NZQS 1.2 to NZQS 1.3b: Goering EIR -- Patch 1.3b

It would be a dangerous folly for the British people to underrate the enduring position in world history which Mussolini will hold; or the amazing qualities of courage, comprehension, self-control and perseverance which he exemplifies.

Sir Winston -- 1937
cueball
Posted: Thursday, January 15, 2009 3:17:29 AM
 Tribunus laticlavius

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalInspiring Poster '08 AwardAuthor of 10000th Post

Quote:
1) I did not realize we began this game with the vanilla 36 set up, and not the Goering's delay system. I don't know how people feel about that, and I am fine dontinuing as it is, but I would rather do the other. It is not to late to change at this point, and do something a little different than the standard, "Danzig date" system, which we all know so well.

I think this could be simply fixed, and at this point would not change things too much. What do other think?

2) Either way this game need another player for SU or France, whichever someone wants.

3) I reccomend we do another session of this on Monday at 00:00 CET, and another on Wednesday, so that it goes faster.

For a straighforward copy over zip version go here: Goerings Delay -- NZQS -- 1.3b.rar

The Mod can also be set up with the Jones Generic Mod Enabler and has worked fine in that mode in my tests. This version has everything in it, 1.3beta, JSGME and the East is Red patch, and can be installed straight to your Armageddon 1.2 (ZBLV) folder without disrupting vanilla at all. It has the 1.3beta exe update and JGSME Mod system right in it. Just unzip to your main doomsday folder, copy the contents of the folder, then past into the main folder, then enable the mod using the JSGME system. Once you execute the JSGME it is pretty self-explanatory: EIR NZQS --ARMA 1.3beta complete 1.3b

It would be a dangerous folly for the British people to underrate the enduring position in world history which Mussolini will hold; or the amazing qualities of courage, comprehension, self-control and perseverance which he exemplifies.

Sir Winston -- 1937
Anders
Posted: Thursday, January 15, 2009 3:28:59 AM
 Generalfeldmarschall

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal2012 Good Cause Support MedalBanned in ActionAuthor of 7000th post

Why do you suddenly need another player for France?

"Hvor fattige var de ikke, disse fiskere som levde av havets nåde! De slet sig gjennom livet uten å se sig om til høire eller til venstre. Deres gleder var få, deres bekymringer mange. Men de hadde allikevel et gemyttlig smil til den fremmede, en munter vise og en lun historie. For sånn er de, disse Sørlandets barn."

King of Men wrote:
Anders is correct.

Fivoin wrote:
Yeah, Anders is right.

baronbowden wrote:
I would tend to agree with Anders.

Support Ederon.net via your Amazon purchases!

I joined Ederon.net before it became mainstream
cueball
Posted: Thursday, January 15, 2009 3:30:13 AM
 Tribunus laticlavius

This is a different game...

Sir Winston -- 1937
TheWretchedMass
Posted: Thursday, January 15, 2009 5:34:13 AM
 Major

One Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal

I like the new avatar anderson
cueball
Posted: Thursday, January 15, 2009 10:25:14 AM
 Tribunus laticlavius

I have finished ironing out the major bugs in UMPP:

Quote:
1) Fixed the sprite positionings for the new province set up, Sedan, Laon, Bilbao, and Namur.

2) Fixed the Naval distances.

3) Set up the airport in that appears to be in Riems, so that it appears in Metz, where it actually is.

4) Various value changes and bug fixes in the Goering's Delay scenario.

The new Cheksum is ZZVP, and there is small patch up from UMPP to ZZVP, and a complete version: EIR II -- 2009 -- ZZVP. All ongoing games will continue with the patched version.

Sir Winston -- 1937
GoodbyeBluesky
Posted: Thursday, January 15, 2009 11:19:47 AM
 Centurion

Im good with doing another session on Monday
cueball
Posted: Thursday, January 15, 2009 11:29:51 AM
 Tribunus laticlavius

I'd like to know if you guys want to switch it over to the variable Danzig date. I am getting a little tired of war in 39 like clockwork. Plus it will add some tension to the run up to the war. That is what I thought we were doing, but I see we are using the standard 36.

Also we need a player for Russia, or France.

Sir Winston -- 1937
SilverBolt
Posted: Thursday, January 15, 2009 11:34:04 AM
 Centurion

I think we should play both.Already have a goerings delay going.

my 2 cents.
hiensen
Posted: Thursday, January 15, 2009 11:54:00 AM
 Generalleutnant

One Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalAuthor of 18000th Post

cueball wrote:
I'd like to know if you guys want to switch it over to the variable Danzig date. I am getting a little tired of war in 39 like clockwork. Plus it will add some tension to the run up to the war. That is what I thought we were doing, but I see we are using the standard 36.

I'm not fond of it, sorry.The whole system looks interesting but I do not feel playing in this one.
cueball
Posted: Thursday, January 15, 2009 1:03:34 PM
 Tribunus laticlavius

Come on Hiensen. The system is dead simple. Germany just sets the schedule they want then follows it through regardless of what happens diplomatically. That is the trick. Its no trick at all, actually.

Say you pick Spring 1939 as the date you want to DOW, then you build for that. If Czech comes diplomatically, then all is good, if not you just attack it. Same with Poland and Molotov Ribbentrop. You think Allies are going to be able to bust you up coming through Siegrfried? Doubt it. But if you are really worried build a couple of forts there. Czech adds less than a week to the whole Polish campaign.

Most Soviet players are not going to go to war with Germany in 39 over Poland, what with their GDE and their lousy land docs, and if they do you as likely as not will be able to crush the Soviet army while holding of the Alllies in the west. And if they do prepare for early war, then their long term prospects are not so good if you don't bother with Poland and go west and come back for the SU and Poland later. Why not?

Just build an army you like and go. You should try it.

Its time for a change.Thumbs Up

Sir Winston -- 1937
TheWretchedMass
Posted: Saturday, January 17, 2009 2:06:41 AM
 Major

Lets go with this hiensen, if Soviets try something cute The Emperor has your back
hiensen
Posted: Saturday, January 17, 2009 3:11:25 AM
 Generalleutnant

cueball wrote:
Come on Hiensen. The system is dead simple. Germany just sets the schedule they want then follows it through regardless of what happens diplomatically. That is the trick. Its no trick at all, actually.

Say you pick Spring 1939 as the date you want to DOW, then you build for that. If Czech comes diplomatically, then all is good, if not you just attack it. Same with Poland and Molotov Ribbentrop. You think Allies are going to be able to bust you up coming through Siegrfried? Doubt it. But if you are really worried build a couple of forts there. Czech adds less than a week to the whole Polish campaign.

Most Soviet players are not going to go to war with Germany in 39 over Poland, what with their GDE and their lousy land docs, and if they do you as likely as not will be able to crush the Soviet army while holding of the Alllies in the west. And if they do prepare for early war, then their long term prospects are not so good if you don't bother with Poland and go west and come back for the SU and Poland later. Why not?

Just build an army you like and go. You should try it.

Its time for a change.Thumbs Up

Misterbot told how this system need to be finalized I don't want to get caught because of an unfinished feature.
cueball
Posted: Saturday, January 17, 2009 3:26:17 AM
 Tribunus laticlavius

And exactly what did Mr. Bolt say about it?

Is it that he thinks UK and the Allies can spam spy and drive the Axis economy into the ground. If that is the case, we did a play test with Bolt as UK and he was doing mass lag spying with 6 to 8 spies, and I made everything function fine as Germany. I had more than enough money to pay for everything, including influencing minors. So far, it doesn't seem to be a problem. Mr. Bolt has not played through even to the Czech events in a real game, so anything he might say is entirely theoretical.

Not saying that there might not be problems. But aside from minor tweaking I think it is good to go. Otherwise I would not have started a game with it.

You should do it. If anything, the system totally favours Axis.

Sir Winston -- 1937
cueball
Posted: Saturday, January 17, 2009 10:44:45 PM
 Tribunus laticlavius

Predator, says he will play, so it looks like we have a 6th.

Are we continuing Monday the 19th, or Wednesday the 21st. I would like to do both. What say you all?

Sir Winston -- 1937
SilverBolt
Posted: Sunday, January 18, 2009 12:30:32 PM
 Centurion

MrBolt officially confirms that he can play monday and wed.
hiensen
Posted: Sunday, January 18, 2009 8:06:07 PM
 Generalleutnant

cueball wrote:
Predator, says he will play, so it looks like we have a 6th.

Are we continuing Monday the 19th, or Wednesday the 21st. I would like to do both. What say you all?

Monday 00 CET right ? Cuz I have monday game euro time. I other terms I'm available monday and wednesday NA time.
cueball
Posted: Sunday, January 18, 2009 10:36:28 PM
 Tribunus laticlavius

If we can get a Russian player. I guess I could do both again for a while.

As for Waffen's theory about the Czech events, today showed that this theory was mistaken, and the "Floating Danzig date" system is working as predicted. I strongly suggest we modify this game so that it will work with the system, and we go from there. Otherwise it will just be another predictable mass IC extravaganza that we have all seen before, over and over again.

I asked Lord Ederon to fix up the forums and the set up the Axis Chat board yesterday. I am sure Daniel will get to it when he has time.

Sir Winston -- 1937
hiensen
Posted: Monday, January 19, 2009 3:57:00 AM
 Generalleutnant

cueball wrote:
I strongly suggest we modify this game so that it will work with the system, and we go from there. Otherwise it will just be another predictable mass IC extravaganza that we have all seen before, over and over again.

You're no longer suggesting here but forcing hand.Holy
If something get screwed up on the way to danzig, I'll assume the fault for testing it and get out of your labo experiments.Tongue I hate playing cobayes.
cueball
Posted: Monday, January 19, 2009 4:31:04 AM
 Tribunus laticlavius

I didn't mean to give you the impression that I am forcing your hand. Not at all. For one thing we'd need to hear from the other players. It's up to you, and the others. Frankly, since you are Germany, I would think your vote would count for the most. So unless the others overwhellmingly are in favour of using the new system we will go with it the way it is, as far as I am concerned.

I am just making my case. We can play the 36, standard. It just has a little less tension in the run up to the war. In anycase, this version is better for Allies.

Cheers.

There is a small patch to fix the Sedan-Troyes river crossing, and a few other details.

The new Cheksum is JQBQ, and there is small patch up from UMPP or ZZVP to JQBQ, and a complete version: EIR II -- 2009 -- JQBQ.All ongoing games will continue with the patched version. The small patch should be applied over ZZVP, and works for it as well as UMPP.

Sir Winston -- 1937
cueball
Posted: Monday, January 19, 2009 7:30:48 PM
 Tribunus laticlavius

The private forum chat boards should be open.

Sir Winston -- 1937
SilverBolt
Posted: Monday, January 19, 2009 8:16:16 PM
 Centurion

so we playing? 0:00 cet?
TheWretchedMass
Posted: Tuesday, January 20, 2009 3:24:23 AM
 Major

guys this is supposed to be a friendly game can we please, please, please edit yamashita back in thanks.
cueball
Posted: Tuesday, January 20, 2009 9:45:58 AM
 Tribunus laticlavius

The pilot or the land commander? In any case, I don't really object, if you must have your Emperors pet. But I am not going to do it in future for Zhukov and so on and so on, evey time some one loses a leader. So, if no one objects by the next session I will do it. Just don't make it a regular thing. One time only.

I lost Hata in the Sunday game, and he was coming along nicely. And he's an important dude, too.

Sir Winston -- 1937
cueball
Posted: Wednesday, January 21, 2009 3:15:34 AM
 Tribunus laticlavius

Ok, well if no one objects I will edit in Yamashita for tomorrow.

Next session, Wednesday at 00:00 CET

Here is a copy of the original host save, with Yamashita added to the game file: http://www.mediafire.com/?qiwg0n4hz4m

People can decide if they want to use it at game start, i guess.

But I am never going to edit for lost leaders again. They die, they die.

Sir Winston -- 1937