Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Update for EIR, and the Armageddon 1.3 patch Options · View
cueball
Posted: Tuesday, January 20, 2009 12:21:16 PM
 Tribunus laticlavius

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalInspiring Poster '08 AwardAuthor of 10000th Post

Now that the patch team has created the 1.3 patch, I will be updating the mod to work with it.

The good news is that it look like they have fixed the CVL bug, so I will be able to reintroduce the unit to the game, which I am really happy about. As well they have done some work on the brigades so they should upgrade and attach properly, adding the right values.

The biggest change is in the spy system. They have gotten rid of "send spy" and "counter_intelligence" missions, and opted for a general "funding level" for intelligence efforts. Sounds good, but I am not sure old games will be able to transfer over, so we will probably have to run the present series based on the 1.2a platform. But maybe it can be done.

There is a fair amount of things to be considered and I don't want to rush anything, so likely it will be a couple of weeks at least. But maybe sooner.

Anyhoo, here is the link to the Paradox thread on the new patch: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=390318

For a straighforward copy over zip version go here: Goerings Delay -- NZQS -- 1.3b.rar

The Mod can also be set up with the Jones Generic Mod Enabler and has worked fine in that mode in my tests. This version has everything in it, 1.3beta, JSGME and the East is Red patch, and can be installed straight to your Armageddon 1.2 (ZBLV) folder without disrupting vanilla at all. It has the 1.3beta exe update and JGSME Mod system right in it. Just unzip to your main doomsday folder, copy the contents of the folder, then past into the main folder, then enable the mod using the JSGME system. Once you execute the JSGME it is pretty self-explanatory: EIR NZQS --ARMA 1.3beta complete 1.3b

Small patch from XTPS or NZQS 1.2 to NZQS 1.3b: Goering EIR -- Patch 1.3b

It would be a dangerous folly for the British people to underrate the enduring position in world history which Mussolini will hold; or the amazing qualities of courage, comprehension, self-control and perseverance which he exemplifies.

Sir Winston -- 1937
cueball
Posted: Tuesday, January 20, 2009 1:23:14 PM
 Tribunus laticlavius

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalInspiring Poster '08 AwardAuthor of 10000th Post

Please post any changes or suggestions here, for the next while we will be running on JQBQ.

For a straighforward copy over zip version go here: Goerings Delay -- NZQS -- 1.3b.rar

The Mod can also be set up with the Jones Generic Mod Enabler and has worked fine in that mode in my tests. This version has everything in it, 1.3beta, JSGME and the East is Red patch, and can be installed straight to your Armageddon 1.2 (ZBLV) folder without disrupting vanilla at all. It has the 1.3beta exe update and JGSME Mod system right in it. Just unzip to your main doomsday folder, copy the contents of the folder, then past into the main folder, then enable the mod using the JSGME system. Once you execute the JSGME it is pretty self-explanatory: EIR NZQS --ARMA 1.3beta complete 1.3b

It would be a dangerous folly for the British people to underrate the enduring position in world history which Mussolini will hold; or the amazing qualities of courage, comprehension, self-control and perseverance which he exemplifies.

Sir Winston -- 1937
cueball
Posted: Friday, January 23, 2009 11:17:12 PM
 Tribunus laticlavius

Ok, so I have studied this new patch ARM 1.3 and the effects of the new spy system, and it look good as an overall concept. There are some flaws in the vanilla set up, which I think can be modified substantially.

The biggest problem is the vulnerability of minor countries to spying in general. But I think this can be ironed out with some of the new values addes to the "Misc.txt" file, and the new "spy_costs.txt" file.

There has been some talk about updating the present games with this patch, and I am not theoretically opposed to doing this but the saves would require a lot of work. So if people want to help me do that, I don't object. All of the spies have to be eliminated from the each and every country, and then then new ones added. As well because the "para bug" is fixed, all the values for all of the countries airborne assault modifiers must be changed to fit with the corrected system.

Also CVL's have to be reintroduced to the British OBB.

So, if people want to help me fix these saves I don't object, otherwise we should just stick with the present system.

That said there is no telling where the new spy system will take us, but I already made some adjustements to it, that should make it less exploitable, but I can't promise it will be balanced.

Sir Winston -- 1937
SilverBolt
Posted: Friday, January 23, 2009 11:44:38 PM
 Centurion

One Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal

I think its a good idea but not edit the saves itself...when we are gonna start a new game we might aswell use the upgrade u do.
SilverBolt
Posted: Saturday, January 24, 2009 4:38:46 AM
 Centurion

intel is totally screwed up...me and kostas had a 1on1 with the new patch and i got many techs delayed and 4 dissent from the ai altho i increased my intel level almost each year...kostas also...totally retarded...
cueball
Posted: Saturday, January 24, 2009 11:48:59 AM
 Tribunus laticlavius

Yes, it is way to liberal. I think the modifiers can be effected to make it better.

Sir Winston -- 1937
Anders
Posted: Saturday, January 24, 2009 2:17:18 PM
 Generalfeldmarschall

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal2012 Good Cause Support MedalBanned in ActionAuthor of 7000th post

I did a SP game, lots of spy delays and stolen tech messages all over the place. That's not a bad thing, it spices things up. Back in 1.2, you only ever did spy missions against the AI or noobs.

"Hvor fattige var de ikke, disse fiskere som levde av havets nåde! De slet sig gjennom livet uten å se sig om til høire eller til venstre. Deres gleder var få, deres bekymringer mange. Men de hadde allikevel et gemyttlig smil til den fremmede, en munter vise og en lun historie. For sånn er de, disse Sørlandets barn."

King of Men wrote:
Anders is correct.

Fivoin wrote:
Yeah, Anders is right.

baronbowden wrote:
I would tend to agree with Anders.

Support Ederon.net via your Amazon purchases!

I joined Ederon.net before it became mainstream
SilverBolt
Posted: Saturday, January 24, 2009 3:47:43 PM
 Centurion

now u gotta wait 24 hours before launching a new assault...lol It totally fucks up the game and brings the defender in a big disadvantage.It also brings many deception tactics and pauses are gonna become like 1 pause every 2 hours.Lets not mention some bullet proof tactic aka backline troops being deployed and smashing in a province while others elements have yet 24 hours.Justs obliterates the defenders hopes of doing anything.Good thing for germany but gonna take alot of pauses.

I surely wont play with this kind of crap.Cept japan cuz u dont have a front thing.

Edit: also it makes the use of sprites obsolite and put he who uses them in a big disadvantage.And sprites are very important to me cant play without them and im sure most players cant either lol
cueball
Posted: Saturday, January 24, 2009 10:38:23 PM
 Tribunus laticlavius

I read you commentary, and as people pointed out the 24 hour cool down is WAD, and was broken in Armageddon when they tried to fix it so that players could give orders to units cooling off after combat.

Its entirely realistic that assaults by division sized forces can simply be shifted between one front in a province, to another province on an hour notice.

Here is what I posted in the P-dox forum about what you posted there:

Quote:
You do make an interesting observation about the general quality of defenders in HOI, generally. Attackers in vanilla HOI have way, way, way to many advantages in HOI. So much so that it is actually quite unrealistic. The fact that the attacker basically gets to determine the time and place of attack and envelopement bonuses, and the fact that pure mass distributes damage amoung the attacking units relatively evenly, means that in HOI the attack is more potent than the defence, except in the case of good terrain like mountains and river, which compensates a little.

The only general compenation for defence is the measily 20% dug in bonus.

This is completely unrealistic, because as everyone knows, a defender in real life has the advantage, and military experts generally agree, that all things being equal the attacker should outweigh the defender in number by 3 to 1.

In other words, the problem you are pointing to, is a problem of the HOI Vanilla combat system in general, not the 24 hour lockdown, really.

We modified this in EIR, by substantially increasing the number of occurences of defensive combat events such as "Delay", "Counter-Attack" and "tactical withdrawal", on top of exended combat, which gives the defender more time to rally he forces, and "Support Defence." This way defenders have more innate defensive bonusesm as they should.

That said, I agree with the 24 hour lock down, which was broken in Armageddon, when they changed the system so that you could issue orders before the cooldown was done. It is now fixed.

Sir Winston -- 1937
cueball
Posted: Sunday, January 25, 2009 12:03:25 AM
 Tribunus laticlavius

Also, what exactly is your issue with the sprites, I never use them (itsty-bitsy creepy crawly things that increase CPU load), so its not really an issue for me. I am reading here that the GIP 0.7 sprites work fine. Is there a problem with yours, is so what is it?

Sir Winston -- 1937
SilverBolt
Posted: Sunday, January 25, 2009 1:08:30 AM
 Centurion

Heard theres a value in misc so units can be restarted attacking after 1 hour period...
cueball
Posted: Sunday, January 25, 2009 1:09:39 AM
 Tribunus laticlavius

That's true. Don't worry, MEM, has it set to 48, I won't be doing that. When they went over to ARmageddon they actually made a rule that the bug could not be exploited. It'll stay at 24 hours.

Sir Winston -- 1937
cueball
Posted: Sunday, January 25, 2009 1:59:53 AM
 Tribunus laticlavius

HOI guys are so sensitive, one little thing changes and then suddenly, the Soviet position is entirely untenable. ;-)

Sir Winston -- 1937