Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

MEM 2.03 Comments Options · View
acme
Posted: Thursday, February 12, 2009 10:33:27 AM
 Lieutenant Colonel

One Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal

todo list:

-airpower:
ground bombers seems to be too weak. Need to do some tests, but i think a 20% increase of base ground eff. value and 40% increase of base interdiction could solve the problem.

-Canada: She seems to be too strong. A human played Canada can make Allies to be too strong early in the war. My idea is to take away 4 hawk sliders from her at startup.

-Marines: Marines are way too powerful compared to their IC cost. Usually Japan builds them in huge numbers (40 or so), and recently players of Ger also build them for simple land invasions because of their high toughness value. I think they need to be nerfed. Marines should have increased mp and IC cost. Also the amphib assault efficiecy mission should be nerfed as well, becasuse there are too many landings early in the war. Efficiency could be compensated with later marine techs. With these changes there would be a bit lower number of marines and landings at early in the war.

-Guarantee of Indep cost: $100.000

-fix CAV cost

-Spying activities (like smearing campaign) should have increased cost (lets say 4x times).

-Fix Bel front AI

-Airfields: Double IC cost, halved buildtime
durruti
Posted: Thursday, February 12, 2009 1:10:29 PM
 Centurion

sounds like good ideas indeed

question: what's the general feeling about tanks in this version?
cueball
Posted: Friday, February 13, 2009 7:14:22 AM
 Tribunus laticlavius

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalInspiring Poster '08 AwardAuthor of 10000th Post

There is a bit of an exploit in the map now, where one can DOW Luxembourg, and then strike into undefended Arlon and then over the river into Sedan. Most good French players cover Sedan of course but still Arlon is basically free for the taking. I recommend changing the BEL_1936.ai file so that Belgium covers the border with Luxembourg. Change the Luxembourg (LUX) value to something more than -1, which means undefended, say 20 or 30:

Code:
    # Borders with specific countries
    country_priorities = {
        GER = 100
        ITA = 100
        ENG = -1
        FRA = -1
        USA = -1
        HOL = -1
        LUX = -1
    }

For a straighforward copy over zip version go here: Goerings Delay -- NZQS -- 1.3b.rar

The Mod can also be set up with the Jones Generic Mod Enabler and has worked fine in that mode in my tests. This version has everything in it, 1.3beta, JSGME and the East is Red patch, and can be installed straight to your Armageddon 1.2 (ZBLV) folder without disrupting vanilla at all. It has the 1.3beta exe update and JGSME Mod system right in it. Just unzip to your main doomsday folder, copy the contents of the folder, then past into the main folder, then enable the mod using the JSGME system. Once you execute the JSGME it is pretty self-explanatory: EIR NZQS --ARMA 1.3beta complete 1.3b

Small patch from XTPS or NZQS 1.2 to NZQS 1.3b: Goering EIR -- Patch 1.3b

It would be a dangerous folly for the British people to underrate the enduring position in world history which Mussolini will hold; or the amazing qualities of courage, comprehension, self-control and perseverance which he exemplifies.

Sir Winston -- 1937
TheWretchedMass
Posted: Friday, February 13, 2009 8:47:03 PM
 Major

I was wondering how often are germans successful on the eastern front? IVe played around with both countries a little and it seems pretty impossible to be successful there.
Sch
Posted: Friday, February 13, 2009 10:27:10 PM
 Oberstleutnant

Nerf Tibet!

With its 6 IC i think it is way too powerful and can screw up the balance of any MP game.

"The Pope? How many divisions has he got?"
SilverBolt
Posted: Saturday, February 14, 2009 6:01:21 PM
 Centurion

CAV 39 costs more than motor 39 AND has 7 speed opposed to motor 6.
acme
Posted: Monday, February 16, 2009 3:05:36 PM
 Lieutenant Colonel

durruti wrote:
sounds like good ideas indeed

question: what's the general feeling about tanks in this version?

Well i think tank situation looks better now than before. However UK still can have 20 tanks by late '40 which is still too much. maybe take away 2 hawk sliders from uk and give back in later events (churchill appointment, and/or lendlase first shipment). opinion? we want weaker allied and ussr at the early stage of the war.
cueball
Posted: Thursday, February 19, 2009 11:43:11 AM
 Tribunus laticlavius

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalInspiring Poster '08 AwardAuthor of 10000th Post

Again, more expensive airfields that take a shorter time to produce is far more historical. In a game with strict limitations on the number of squadrons on airfields, as well as limitations on when a player may build them, it is essential.

For a straighforward copy over zip version go here: Goerings Delay -- NZQS -- 1.3b.rar

The Mod can also be set up with the Jones Generic Mod Enabler and has worked fine in that mode in my tests. This version has everything in it, 1.3beta, JSGME and the East is Red patch, and can be installed straight to your Armageddon 1.2 (ZBLV) folder without disrupting vanilla at all. It has the 1.3beta exe update and JGSME Mod system right in it. Just unzip to your main doomsday folder, copy the contents of the folder, then past into the main folder, then enable the mod using the JSGME system. Once you execute the JSGME it is pretty self-explanatory: EIR NZQS --ARMA 1.3beta complete 1.3b

It would be a dangerous folly for the British people to underrate the enduring position in world history which Mussolini will hold; or the amazing qualities of courage, comprehension, self-control and perseverance which he exemplifies.

Sir Winston -- 1937
hiensen
Posted: Thursday, February 19, 2009 3:12:50 PM
 Generalleutnant

One Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalAuthor of 18000th Post

Sch wrote:
Nerf Tibet!

With its 6 IC i think it is way too powerful and can screw up the balance of any MP game.

I concur, insert tibet in china which will fix this terrible issue and bring you closer to the actual chinese government. Tongue
Sch
Posted: Thursday, February 19, 2009 3:36:13 PM
 Oberstleutnant

cueball wrote:
Again, more expensive airfields that take a shorter time to produce is far more historical. In a game with strict limitations on the number of squadrons on airfields, as well as limitations on when a player may build them, it is essential.

1. I agree.

Maybe we could give a try to a 2x IC cost, 0.5 production time construction.

2. What do you think of the following event :

"Construction of the Atlantic Wall" - or something liket that that, that actually sounds cool in english One Tooth Grin

The event would fire after Vichy and if GER has say 10.000 supplies stockpiled.
If the German player chooses to build it, he would immidiately get a nice and shiney system of fortifications on the historical locations of the western coastline. (the values of the forts could be subtracted from the vanilla Götterdämmerung scren)

It would prevent early landings in Europe.
Later in the war however with paratroopers and more advanced marine techs invasions become possible.

"The Pope? How many divisions has he got?"
Biga
Posted: Thursday, February 19, 2009 4:06:43 PM
 Major

Sch wrote:
2. What do you think of the following event :

"Construction of the Atlantic Wall" - or something liket that that, that actually sounds cool in english One Tooth Grin

good idea.

"all this has happened before and will happen again"
cueball
Posted: Thursday, February 19, 2009 4:10:53 PM
 Tribunus laticlavius

I wrote an events system for giving the Germans a mass production bonus for building an Atalntic wall. In other words because they were mass producing equipment, and hired contractors who developed a specialization in making such fortifications, and also bought bulk material I thought it was fair that they get a bonus for coastal fort production. So it makes sense that it would be cheaper. Rommel was retired as part of the penalty. But I never instituted it.

I am basically of the P3D school on these kinds of things and I believe that players should pay for things. The idea is not so bad in principle, but when it comes down to it, the real reason that the Atlantic Wall never gets built is because players favour prosecuting their war against the Russians to the fullest extent possible. They will always choose to build more units and try and put Russia out of the game, because that is the surest way of making Germany secure both East and West. In other words they will almost always keep the supplies.

For one thing, I would build infrastructure in coastal zones, since this will increase ESE, but does not increase the ESE for units attacking through amphibious assault into the coastal province. Also ESE effect is not nerfed by the Fortress Buster trait, nor is infrastructure degraded by the attack itself, as forts are.

This brings me to another point. I think the overall efficiency of infrastruture bombardment should be reduced by half. This aircraft attack type can make attack almost impossible, when a player does not have at least air equality, if not air superiority. Or was this already done. I don't know how it is in MEM really, but in vanilla there is much silliness here, particularly at the begining of the war, when air war was in its infancy.

It is essentially a myth that German air attacks imobilized the Allied Armies in Belgium at the start of the war. They were imobilized by indecision. It was really nt until 44 and when the Americans started using mass tactical bombardments that troop movements were signicantly reduced by air attack.

Sir Winston -- 1937
Tiger
Posted: Tuesday, February 24, 2009 5:08:06 PM
 Leutnant

I agree the suggestions mentioned above.

Regarding Atlantic wall:
What about adding an event for GER after Vichy that add bonus for coastal forts construction? Thus GER doesn't get forts for free but can build cheaper if he wants.

Airforce are too weak. In current game GER could bomb only 1-2 Soviet divs with 8 CAS... Usually nobody build TAC neither, because it is not worth.

NAV's range and sea attack are great but the detection bad.Sad I don't know this is only in MEM or Armageddon feature?

Si deus nobiscum, quis contra nos?
cueball
Posted: Tuesday, February 24, 2009 5:22:24 PM
 Tribunus laticlavius

But do you actually think anyone will build it, given the choice between that and finishing off the Soviet Union?

Sir Winston -- 1937
acme
Posted: Tuesday, February 24, 2009 6:01:31 PM
 Lieutenant Colonel

Well 1 serial Coastal Fort costs 4 IC, and 5 level fort can be reachable in 2 years building.
Germany has 20 coasts to defend. that means 80 IC for Germany. What about setting that ICcost to 3C? That would mean +only" 60 IC.

If Germany starts building forts after Vichy, that would mean a very high level by '43 (like level 7-8). Coastal forts cannot be bombed or damaged in any way afaik. That means a nearly impossible landing for allies.

So allies needs to hurry up, to gain a foothold anywhere asap.

In the Wed game we have a Germany on 'Defending teh Reich' building up forts along teh 'Vistula-Line'. Luckily for USSR land forts can be damaged.
I would hear others' opinion about this 'Marine thing and too easy to land' misery.

But i also prefer to build more tanks against SU instead of forts.

To beat Russia or at least to weaken it, germany needs its luftwaffa which is nearly useless in the current patch. We need to fix it urgently and play with the new patch.
durruti
Posted: Wednesday, February 25, 2009 3:48:49 PM
 Centurion

should we use the 1.3 unofficial patch in the next MEM version ?
Tiger
Posted: Wednesday, February 25, 2009 4:38:31 PM
 Leutnant

durruti wrote:
should we use the 1.3 unofficial patch in the next MEM version ?

Hehe, I wanted to ask the same.Smile There are some improvements but it is still beta, don't know how stable it isConfused

Si deus nobiscum, quis contra nos?
cueball
Posted: Wednesday, February 25, 2009 6:09:44 PM
 Tribunus laticlavius

Its a big conversion.

Sir Winston -- 1937
durruti
Posted: Thursday, February 26, 2009 4:11:44 PM
 Centurion

yeah, one way to go would be to try throw a small MEM update out now and then start working on a 1.3 version out in a month or two.
cueball
Posted: Thursday, February 26, 2009 4:30:40 PM
 Tribunus laticlavius

Well a lot of it is generic reconstruction of the ai files to accomodate the new spy parameters. I actually, more or less did this with the Beta, and a lot of that might just be transferable. The big deal for you guys is going to be the new sub configuration, and the new parameters for that. I think that will take a lot of playtesting.

Sir Winston -- 1937
durruti
Posted: Thursday, February 26, 2009 5:33:43 PM
 Centurion

I'm working on the todo list stuff right now, please give me anything that you think is urgent for a 203 patch asap. Anything.

cueball
Posted: Thursday, February 26, 2009 5:43:33 PM
 Tribunus laticlavius

Well, rather than rushing to the new patch, I think you should really have a look at what is going on with air here, in particular ground vs air damage. The mod is working well enough as it is, except for that, and perhaps a small nerf for USSR in Zsolo's version. But the problem of tacs not being valuable in a ground attack roll is a serious issue.

Sir Winston -- 1937
durruti
Posted: Thursday, February 26, 2009 7:32:18 PM
 Centurion

Im experimenting with some misc stuff aswell here, please give me your 5 cents. I've pushed the sp rocket artillery basic back to 1941 (was 1942) and made basic art a prerew for rocket artillery 1 (was imp) - i've never seen an sp rocket brigade ingame . I also made mechs more expensive (35 from 28) and made them suck more supplies (4).

I'd also like to try what would happen if radars were made nastier. Right now they give the enemy -4 percent per level (+-eff), maybe the radar tech bonus could be increased.

TheWretchedMass
Posted: Thursday, February 26, 2009 7:42:53 PM
 Major

Also dont you think there should be a way to force the soviets to not annex finland?
durruti
Posted: Thursday, February 26, 2009 8:17:55 PM
 Centurion

IMO yes, I think it's a highly unrealistic thing that happens every game. Maybe the Russians shouldn't get the option of bringing them socialism. Just one option, the peace one. We'd need more input on that issue. I also thin it would be reasonable to set the soviet interventionism lower to avoid the free dows that it has, unless house rules prohibit them. They could be given back on barbarossa.
Just suggestions here.....