Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Zsolo's Wednesday GC (2009 spring) - general discussion Options · View
Zsolo
Posted: Thursday, March 19, 2009 7:45:54 PM
 Colonel
One Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal

Looking forward to hearing from all of you generals! Rolleyes

First and most important question is: shall Wednesday remain our regular day? I can offer Thursday as an alternative
Second question: is 25/26 March suitable for everyone?
Cs
Posted: Friday, March 20, 2009 10:04:07 AM
 Captain

Wednesday is always good to me. Thursday is also good to me to sept.

nem feltétlen sorrendben:

UK/JAP/ITA
Biga
Posted: Friday, March 20, 2009 10:25:09 AM
 Major

wednesday / thursday both are fine.

JAP

"all this has happened before and will happen again"
SilverBolt
Posted: Friday, March 20, 2009 12:14:15 PM
 Centurion

would be nice to go something...minor or whatever.Wont go afk like last time.Thx.Wink
cueball
Posted: Friday, March 20, 2009 12:25:33 PM
 Tribunus laticlavius

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalInspiring Poster '08 AwardAuthor of 10000th Post

Think I'll sit this one out.

For a straighforward copy over zip version go here: Goerings Delay -- NZQS -- 1.3b.rar

The Mod can also be set up with the Jones Generic Mod Enabler and has worked fine in that mode in my tests. This version has everything in it, 1.3beta, JSGME and the East is Red patch, and can be installed straight to your Armageddon 1.2 (ZBLV) folder without disrupting vanilla at all. It has the 1.3beta exe update and JGSME Mod system right in it. Just unzip to your main doomsday folder, copy the contents of the folder, then past into the main folder, then enable the mod using the JSGME system. Once you execute the JSGME it is pretty self-explanatory: EIR NZQS --ARMA 1.3beta complete 1.3b

Small patch from XTPS or NZQS 1.2 to NZQS 1.3b: Goering EIR -- Patch 1.3b

It would be a dangerous folly for the British people to underrate the enduring position in world history which Mussolini will hold; or the amazing qualities of courage, comprehension, self-control and perseverance which he exemplifies.

Sir Winston -- 1937
GoodbyeBluesky
Posted: Friday, March 20, 2009 12:39:01 PM
 Centurion

I would gladly play with you guys but since im in Stockhol both the 25/26 it looks bleak
Zsolo
Posted: Friday, March 20, 2009 2:30:40 PM
 Colonel

cueball wrote:
Think I'll sit this one out.

Oh, I'm so sad to hear this. Sad Hopefully the Hungarian Clan have not fought such an irritating GC...! Angel Grin
Zsolo
Posted: Friday, March 20, 2009 2:34:22 PM
 Colonel

GoodbyeBluesky wrote:
I would gladly play with you guys but since im in Stockhol both the 25/26 it looks bleak

Nostra (I do hope that this is you Wink ), as it stands now, it is still not certain that we can start next week. Theoratically we ahve 7 Hungarian players but Szamár and even more Acme has not showed up regularly in the past GC Sad Sad Sad

Zsolo
Posted: Friday, March 20, 2009 2:36:53 PM
 Colonel

Ah sorry, totally forgot to ask all of you: please post here 3 countries (in a priority order), which you would love to play with in the Spring GC.

My preference list is:

1) USA
2) GER
3) USSR
GoodbyeBluesky
Posted: Friday, March 20, 2009 5:58:29 PM
 Centurion

Zsolo wrote:
Nostra (I do hope that this is you Wink ), as it stands now, it is still not certain that we can start next week. Theoratically we ahve 7 Hungarian players but Szamár and even more Acme has not showed up regularly in the past GC Sad Sad Sad

Yes, its me and if you should not start next i would gladly play.

My preference list would be UK/Italy/and what is still there maybe something with a little bit of potential and over 25 IC One Tooth Grin
Biga
Posted: Saturday, March 21, 2009 6:42:54 PM
 Major

Hm, JAP is not sure. Honestly, the whole next GC is not sure for me.
I was playing a few variations with JAP, did my best but cueball did it with half MP loss than me despite MP save efforts.. and cue did it with no additional ground unit build. unbelivable. I play again today but if I can't do it, I resign Smile

cueball
Posted: Saturday, March 21, 2009 7:02:33 PM
 Tribunus laticlavius

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalInspiring Poster '08 AwardAuthor of 10000th Post

I lost an HQ and some units too. 3 or 4. So you should add that to the MP tally. Losing the HQ was a pain in the ass later. Didn't have one in Burma.

For a straighforward copy over zip version go here: Goerings Delay -- NZQS -- 1.3b.rar

The Mod can also be set up with the Jones Generic Mod Enabler and has worked fine in that mode in my tests. This version has everything in it, 1.3beta, JSGME and the East is Red patch, and can be installed straight to your Armageddon 1.2 (ZBLV) folder without disrupting vanilla at all. It has the 1.3beta exe update and JGSME Mod system right in it. Just unzip to your main doomsday folder, copy the contents of the folder, then past into the main folder, then enable the mod using the JSGME system. Once you execute the JSGME it is pretty self-explanatory: EIR NZQS --ARMA 1.3beta complete 1.3b

It would be a dangerous folly for the British people to underrate the enduring position in world history which Mussolini will hold; or the amazing qualities of courage, comprehension, self-control and perseverance which he exemplifies.

Sir Winston -- 1937
cueball
Posted: Saturday, March 21, 2009 7:06:28 PM
 Tribunus laticlavius

Zsolo wrote:
Oh, I'm so sad to hear this. Sad Hopefully the Hungarian Clan have not fought such an irritating GC...! Angel Grin

Oh no. It was big fun. I felt Axis might have been a little bit mroe active, but that's them. I had my fun. We should open up the Axis and Allies boards so we can see the discussion.

Thing is spring is here and I have some jobs to do so daytime is not so good for me, and I had half a mind to join up to Durruti's game to see how the other half lives, and can't play every day.

Also, I will be starting a new EIR GC, I think this Monday, or the next possibly. If anyone wants in plent of slots available.

Thanks everyone!

Sir Winston -- 1937
Tiger
Posted: Saturday, March 21, 2009 9:08:30 PM
 Leutnant

Probably I skip the next GC...

Si deus nobiscum, quis contra nos?
Zsolo
Posted: Saturday, March 21, 2009 11:34:39 PM
 Colonel

Tiger wrote:
Probably I skip the next GC...

Oh, come on Tiger! At the moment Cueball is out for spring, Biga is hesitating (I hope only as far as JAP is concerned). Holy At least take a comfortable minor: you know it very well, CAN, HUN or ROM can be great fun!
Szamár
Posted: Sunday, March 22, 2009 9:05:29 AM
 1st Lieutenant

Zsolo wrote:

I didn't skip that much... did I? Blushing At least not many Wednesdays.
Speaking of which, I'd prefer Thursday. Maybe we should vote on it?

As for country preferences: whatever is left, I guess. I wonder if we could make a preliminary roster.

"All that is solid melts into air, all that is holy is profaned, and man is at last compelled to face with sober senses his real condition of life and his relations with his kind." -- The Communist Manifesto
Zsolo
Posted: Sunday, March 22, 2009 10:52:27 AM
 Colonel

Szamár wrote:
I didn't skip that much... did I? Blushing At least not many Wednesdays.
Speaking of which, I'd prefer Thursday. Maybe we should vote on it?

As for country preferences: whatever is left, I guess. I wonder if we could make a preliminary roster.

Sorry Szamár, it is then my memory's fault! Crazy Furthermore, please don't be so shy concerning game preferences! Smile Would you prefer Axis or Allied?
Szamár
Posted: Sunday, March 22, 2009 2:24:41 PM
 1st Lieutenant

Nah, it's true I missed about 100% of the non-Wednesday sessions. Mellow

I'd prefer something in the anglosphere, but anything foolproof will do, really.

"All that is solid melts into air, all that is holy is profaned, and man is at last compelled to face with sober senses his real condition of life and his relations with his kind." -- The Communist Manifesto
Sch
Posted: Monday, March 23, 2009 2:30:55 PM
 Oberstleutnant

As I said earlier during the game, Id like to be with the USA.

(or on the 2nd place with JAP)

"The Pope? How many divisions has he got?"
Zsolo
Posted: Monday, March 23, 2009 4:36:30 PM
 Colonel

I am trying to summerize where we stand now concerning the new setup:

Cs: UK, JAP, ITA
Sch: USA, JAP
Biga: JAP (?)
Nostra: UK, ITA
Zsolo: USA, GER, USSR
Szamár: Allied
Tiger: ?
Acme: minor
Zsolo
Posted: Monday, March 23, 2009 5:05:15 PM
 Colonel

Zsolo wrote:
I am trying to summerize where we stand now concerning the new setup:

Cs: UK, JAP, ITA
Sch: USA, JAP
Biga: JAP (?)
Nostra: UK, ITA
Zsolo: USA, GER, USSR
Szamár: Allied
Tiger: ?
Acme: minor

After carefully examining the above country preferences, the outstanding problem is that nobody seems to be ready to take neither GER nor USSR - apart from myself.

It would be helpful Biga, if you let us know your position following the latest test with JAP. What could be secondary choices of yours?

The same applies for Tiger. Please confirm to us whther you are ready to be with us as at least as a minor. We are really in need of permanent players Rolleyes
Szamár
Posted: Monday, March 23, 2009 5:54:58 PM
 1st Lieutenant

Are we going to use MEM 2.03?

Biga
Posted: Monday, March 23, 2009 11:24:19 PM
 Major

I did not find good (fast and MP sparing) tactic against NatCHI in this MEM patch so I think I make a pause and skip this GC.

cueball
Posted: Monday, March 23, 2009 11:29:19 PM
 Tribunus laticlavius

Well if you want some time we can do a co-op playtest against the ai. I can show you what I do. It's actually pretty straightforward. Just sent me a pm.

Sir Winston -- 1937
Szamár
Posted: Tuesday, March 24, 2009 5:08:40 PM
 1st Lieutenant

Sounds fun. Mind if I join you?