Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Poll Question: What shall we do after Monday Europa I ?
Choice Votes Statistics
Crusader Kings : DV 0 0%
Europa Universalis 3 : IN 3 20%
Victoria : Revolutions 2 13%
HOI2 Doomsday Armageddon (Regular WWII) 6 40%
HOI2 Doomsday Armageddon (mod) 2 13%
HOI2 Doomsday Armageddon (Abyss/Armageddon scen) 2 13%
Other suggestions 0 0%

NEXT Monday game Options · View
Anders
Posted: Thursday, April 02, 2009 6:03:50 PM
 Generalfeldmarschall

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal2012 Good Cause Support MedalBanned in ActionAuthor of 7000th post

[EU3:IN] Monday Europa I is going to end in the next 3-5 sessions, given the steady progress we've had and the general stability of the game.
Therefore I think it's time to see what interest people have in another Monday game after that.

"Hvor fattige var de ikke, disse fiskere som levde av havets nåde! De slet sig gjennom livet uten å se sig om til høire eller til venstre. Deres gleder var få, deres bekymringer mange. Men de hadde allikevel et gemyttlig smil til den fremmede, en munter vise og en lun historie. For sånn er de, disse Sørlandets barn."

King of Men wrote:
Anders is correct.

Fivoin wrote:
Yeah, Anders is right.

baronbowden wrote:
I would tend to agree with Anders.

Support Ederon.net via your Amazon purchases!

I joined Ederon.net before it became mainstream
Ederon
Posted: Thursday, April 02, 2009 7:02:41 PM
 Field Major

I might be interested in some gaming...but I have no real preference. Anything from the list above is ok with me, I don't have just DV.
Vissarion
Posted: Thursday, April 02, 2009 7:07:46 PM
 Lieutenant General

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalAuthor of 14000th Post

A final HoI2 game could be nice, regular or Abyss style are both good, would especially be interested in the work that got started by Schuer if that ever got off the ground. Otherwise I'd enjoy a new game of EU3 or Revolutions. My top priority would be a reworked Abyss style scenario.

Also, I don't have CK either.

boing boom tschak, boing boom tschak
peng
zong
Gollevainen
Posted: Thursday, April 02, 2009 7:53:18 PM
 Legatus legionis

One Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalAuthor of 50,000th Forum Post

Ok my wierd proplems with EUIII seems to continue so it gives me doupt about my decision to join one of the new euIII games about to start.

So I guess I might join this thing then. I prefer any Hoi2 game as I really would like to refesh my multiplayer memories around that game. Abyss or normal scenario works both for me.

Irsh Faq wrote:
I've noted with Golle a trend of stirring up as much drama publicly as he can whenever he's up to something shady in the background. Presumably its a smokescreen strategy.
Anders
Posted: Thursday, April 02, 2009 9:33:10 PM
 Generalfeldmarschall

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal2012 Good Cause Support MedalBanned in ActionAuthor of 7000th post

So for that reason you're voting for a mod..?

"Hvor fattige var de ikke, disse fiskere som levde av havets nåde! De slet sig gjennom livet uten å se sig om til høire eller til venstre. Deres gleder var få, deres bekymringer mange. Men de hadde allikevel et gemyttlig smil til den fremmede, en munter vise og en lun historie. For sånn er de, disse Sørlandets barn."

King of Men wrote:
Anders is correct.

Fivoin wrote:
Yeah, Anders is right.

baronbowden wrote:

Gollevainen
Posted: Friday, April 03, 2009 6:06:43 AM
 Legatus legionis

One Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalAuthor of 50,000th Forum Post

Did I vote for the mod? Confused Confused Well my intention was to vote on the Hoi2 game which was to get most votes. So to be clarify, I can play some mod as well, as long as it's Hoi2...

Irsh Faq wrote:
I've noted with Golle a trend of stirring up as much drama publicly as he can whenever he's up to something shady in the background. Presumably its a smokescreen strategy.
M&M
Posted: Friday, April 03, 2009 9:51:10 AM
 General

One Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal

well I no longer like playing hoi2 so my vote is for EU3, preferably some type of minors game if possible as those are sometimes fun. Perhaps we could all be in the middle east or other areas with equally weak nations.
Vissarion
Posted: Friday, April 03, 2009 2:32:12 PM
 Lieutenant General

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalAuthor of 14000th Post

Not necessesarily in the same region, but starting with weaker nations could be interesting

peng
zong
Anders
Posted: Friday, April 03, 2009 6:37:48 PM
 Generalfeldmarschall

M&M wrote:
well I no longer like playing hoi2 so my vote is for EU3,
Then why didn't you vote for EU3?

King of Men wrote:
Anders is correct.

Fivoin wrote:
Yeah, Anders is right.

baronbowden wrote:

Gen.Schuermann
Posted: Friday, April 03, 2009 6:58:40 PM
 Generalfeldmarschall

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalAuthor of 9000th Post

I MIGHT up for yet another Hoi2 regular game, or Vicky for that matter. I despise EU3 though Wink

In Soviet Russia, Schuermann defeats YOU!
Anders
Posted: Friday, April 03, 2009 10:02:31 PM
 Generalfeldmarschall

You're not allowed to play, Felix. Your job is to make sure HOI3 is playable at 1.0.
Otherwise I'll come visit you, and won't that upset the neighbors Devil

King of Men wrote:
Anders is correct.

Fivoin wrote:
Yeah, Anders is right.

baronbowden wrote:

Vissarion
Posted: Saturday, April 04, 2009 1:35:34 AM
 Lieutenant General

Gen.Schuermann wrote:
I despise EU3, manHippie

Did you even try it?? You might not like it, but I can't see how you'd despise it. Historical context aside it's a nice real-world grand strategy game.

peng
zong
M&M
Posted: Saturday, April 04, 2009 2:52:35 AM
 General

Vissarion wrote:
Did you even try it?? You might not like it, but I can't see how you'd despise it. Historical context aside it's a nice real-world grand strategy game.

Very simple reason, it has no tanks. Schuer despises anything thats not fitted on tracks or that doesn't have a self-powered motor for moving. However I agree that he should try it, while I am still not an EU3 "fan", it beats playing another hoi2 after all the previous hoi2 games we've played.
Gen.Schuermann
Posted: Saturday, April 04, 2009 8:34:16 AM
 Generalfeldmarschall

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalAuthor of 9000th Post

I have/had it, and tbh i could not get into it at all. absolutely no fucking chance. It's like staring at modern art as a plebe and thinking to yourself wtf what is this.

I admit, this may be the only reason besides M&Ms analyzation, but i dont have the time to dedicate myself to learn yet another pdox game. I might though in some time, as this monday game is still a bit away still.

Ederon
Posted: Tuesday, April 14, 2009 4:45:41 PM
 Field Major

Looks like most of us lean towards hoi2 (5), then EU3 (3) and finally Revolutions.

So let's try to make conclusion. Are we gonna do possibly last hoi2 game or eu3 campaign? I didn't vote yet and I'm ok with either of those.

Historical hoi2 might be a good change or abyss with some creative victory conditions which would make it even more interesting.
Anders
Posted: Tuesday, April 14, 2009 5:06:14 PM
 Generalfeldmarschall

Abyss with more severe limitations than last time would be nice. Your mod was quite good in Monday X, Daniel, but as a lot of us seems to agree in the evaluation of that game, it needs to be a bit tighter.
Also, we should outlaw Alliances and puppets this time, to prevent tech-sharing and gangbang-alliances.
And allocate players the same random way as last time, including the 1 veto.

If we do HOI2, the 38 scenario could be refreshing. Dibs on USA, unless it's randomized, which would add a new dimension to it.

If we go EU3, we should also randomize players/countries.

I think there were a few misclicks in the poll, given the comments and the stats at the time they were made. Golle claimed to have voted for regular HOI2, while he apparently clicked on "HOI2 mod".

King of Men wrote:
Anders is correct.

Fivoin wrote:
Yeah, Anders is right.

baronbowden wrote:

hiensen
Posted: Tuesday, April 14, 2009 7:31:02 PM
 Generalleutnant

One Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalAuthor of 18000th Post

I voted hoi2 I hadn't played vanilla for a while, besides whatever is the vote I can also give another shot to the modded abyss, aside the baby cry from a few ppl and way too long peacetimes I really liked it as it give a new breath to the hoi game... Kudo to daniel's mod.
Mighty G
Posted: Tuesday, April 14, 2009 8:42:09 PM
 Tribunus laticlavius

I also voted hor HOI2 Regular, but i dont mind that or abyss.

A minor would be good or coop. Incase im a tired coon on those lazy mornings LOL

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever.
George Orwell

Gen.Schuermann
Posted: Tuesday, April 14, 2009 10:03:54 PM
 Generalfeldmarschall

I wouldnt mind a straightforward '38 campaign.

Abyss would be ok as well, but emphasis on nerfed planes.

Ederon
Posted: Thursday, April 16, 2009 9:23:38 AM
 Field Major

I propose following setting:

Abyss on top of mod we used in last Monday hoi2 game, with some further alterations to make it more though to produce and sustain big armies (more expensive supplies, less cash, etc.). Also less yield from non-core territories and more TC load from it. This would make over-expansion undesirable and force players to more carefully pick their spheres of influence. Also, world should be more colorful. Releasing of puppets should be possible, though expensive (money). Also, no direct control of puppet production or research.

Ultimate goal of each player should be to spread his ideology - conquer lands, release puppets/liberate or force others to adopt his ideology.
Geofactor
Posted: Thursday, April 16, 2009 9:49:24 AM
 Lieutenant Colonel

id like to play as well as long as im off work!!.....i voted for hoi arma tho abyss is fine as well.....dont think ill play EU3 if thats what the game is gonna be......major, minor.....dont really care.....but not a land locked minor is my only pref

""The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first.".....Thomas Jefferson"
anonymous....we are legion...we dont forgive....we dont forget....expect us...
Vissarion
Posted: Thursday, April 16, 2009 10:12:20 AM
 Lieutenant General

How bout not even military control over puppet's units, that way it becomes a resource machine and lessens your TC, but you still need to protect it and not get any offensive help from it.

I don't think gain from conquered land should be reduced, but it could be harder to maintain so that you really need to garrison it 4 life.

peng
zong
Anders
Posted: Thursday, April 16, 2009 11:47:35 AM
 Generalfeldmarschall

Lord Ederon wrote:
I propose following setting:

Abyss on top of mod we used in last Monday hoi2 game, with some further alterations to make it more though to produce and sustain big armies (more expensive supplies, less cash, etc.). Also less yield from non-core territories and more TC load from it. This would make over-expansion undesirable and force players to more carefully pick their spheres of influence. Also, world should be more colorful. Releasing of puppets should be possible, though expensive (money). Also, no direct control of puppet production or research.

Ultimate goal of each player should be to spread his ideology - conquer lands, release puppets/liberate or force others to adopt his ideology.

I can agree on this. I think there were some more changes sugested in the follow-up to Monday X.

King of Men wrote:
Anders is correct.

Fivoin wrote:
Yeah, Anders is right.

baronbowden wrote:

sonofliberty
Posted: Thursday, April 16, 2009 1:50:45 PM
Free Man

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalBiggest Spammer '08 Award

Where is this abyss mod? Got a link?

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. -- That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, -- That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness."

There is a new game on the way Project Blitzkrieg
Ederon
Posted: Thursday, April 16, 2009 2:21:55 PM
 Field Major

http://forums.ederon.net/default.aspx?g=posts&t=989

It's less then mod...but anyway, here is what it was about:

Quote:
I'll in short describe what is the aim of my proposed "mod".

Production
  • Slightly reduce effectiveness of land/coastal fronts, from 90% to 70%. Make them accordingly cheaper, but introduce small manpower cost.
  • Make infrastructure increase by 5 to make it's production little more flexible. Build time adjusted accordingly.

Diplomacy/spying
  • Reduce effectiveness of counter espionage while making it more expensive. This should make spying on humans possible.
  • Influencing double as expensive.
  • Asking for military access costs 500 instead of 150. This should reflect administrative problems of such situation.
  • Sending expeditionary forces costs 50 instead of 0. It's not costless to send your troops over.
  • GOIs priced at 1000 instead of 30. This is not as necessary for Abyss, but why not.
  • NAP costs 500 instead of 100. It's a commitment. Breaking it costs another 500. Which makes juggling of this kind expensive, still doable. NAP would have more value as an alternative to alliance.
  • Release puppet costs 1000 instead of 20. It's costly to set up puppet government and bribe everyone. This should eliminate puppet exploits.

Economy
  • IC to supplies ratio reduced from 4 to 3. This should add to overall reduction of unit quantity.
  • IC to money ratio reduced from 0.2 to 0.15. This should add to overall reduction of unit quantity.
  • Max gearing bonus set to 50% instead of 65. Gearing increment reduced from 5% to 3% to slow down the time when you reach full gearing bonus.
  • Upgrade cost raised from 0.5 to 0.7. This should add to overall reduction of unit quantity and introduce more generations of units fighting side by side.
  • IC to TC ratio reduced from 1.5 to 1.4. This should make people think more about their production and make the game tougher overall.
  • TC load from undeployed bases raised from 100 to 500.
  • Trickleback ratio reduced from 0.35 to 0.3. This means less manpower is recycled from combat and make manpower management more important.
  • Reinforcements manpower costs raised from 0.8 to 0.9. This would mean more manpower drained for reinforcements and make manpower management more important.
  • Monthly nationalism reduction reduced from 0.05 to 0.03. This should slow the pace in which partisans stop making problems.

Combat
  • Air command limit penalty raised from 0.25 to 0.40. This should penalize overstacking more. Anything above 24 units would receive more severe penalties.
  • Air overstacking penalty for each unit above 2 raised from 0.02 to 0.05. Penalize killerstacks little more.
  • Max airstack size set to 8.
  • Land fort effectiveness reduced from 0.09 to 0.07. Same with coastal forts.
  • Increased chance of leader receiving terrain and event trait from 1200 to 1500.
  • Increased chance of leader dying in combat from 0.0003 to 0.0005.
  • Make CVs slightly better vs. regular air.

Research
  • Increased ahead of time penalty from 0.00125 to 0.0014. To make it more harsh to research ahead.
  • Mean number of inventions events raised from 4 to 8. To increase randomness little more.

These changes won't affect the game so you wouldn't recognize it, in fact its very close to vanilla. Unit prices are not affected, you'll just find that you have less IC free for production, upgrades are more expensive and if you want money for expensive diplomacy or counter espionage, you have to sacrifice little more. You won't be able to get rid of enemy spies altogether provided enemies keep sending them, but at the same time you'll get chance to infiltrate your enemies. So, it's limited mod to cure some problems, but it's tender and almost seamless.

Modded version should have checksum KFIY