Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Poll Question: What shall we do after Monday Europa I ?
Choice Votes Statistics
Crusader Kings : DV 0 0%
Europa Universalis 3 : IN 3 20%
Victoria : Revolutions 2 13%
HOI2 Doomsday Armageddon (Regular WWII) 6 40%
HOI2 Doomsday Armageddon (mod) 2 13%
HOI2 Doomsday Armageddon (Abyss/Armageddon scen) 2 13%
Other suggestions 0 0%

NEXT Monday game Options · View
Gen.Schuermann
Posted: Thursday, April 16, 2009 3:55:34 PM
 Generalfeldmarschall

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalAuthor of 9000th Post

Could i suggest to make AIR more expensive in upkeep and production costs (upkeep: more oil and supplies, cost: 10 MP instead of 1 iirc). Those 250vs250 ftr battles really did go on my nerves.

In Soviet Russia, Schuermann defeats YOU!
Ederon
Posted: Thursday, April 16, 2009 4:50:32 PM
 Field Major

I propose following changes made above mod we used:
Quote:

Production
  • Slightly reduce effectiveness of land/coastal fronts, from 90% to 70%. Make them accordingly cheaper, but introduce small manpower cost.
  • Make infrastructure increase by 5 to make it's production little more flexible. Build time adjusted accordingly.

Diplomacy/spying
  • Reduce effectiveness of counter espionage while making it more expensive. This should make spying on humans possible.
  • Influencing double as expensive.
  • Asking for military access costs 500 instead of 150. This should reflect administrative problems of such situation.
  • Sending expeditionary forces costs 50 instead of 0. It's not costless to send your troops over.
  • GOIs priced at 500 1000 instead of 30. This is not as necessary for Abyss, but why not.
  • NAP costs 500 instead of 100. It's a commitment. Breaking it costs another 500. Which makes juggling of this kind expensive, still doable. NAP would have more value as an alternative to alliance.
  • Release puppet costs 500 1000 instead of 20. It's costly to set up puppet government and bribe everyone. This should eliminate puppet exploits.

Economy
  • IC to supplies ratio reduced from 4 to 2.5 3. This should add to overall reduction of unit quantity.
  • IC to money ratio reduced from 0.2 to 0.10 0.15. This should add to overall reduction of unit quantity.
  • Max gearing bonus set to 50% instead of 65. Gearing increment reduced from 5% to 3% to slow down the time when you reach full gearing bonus.
  • Upgrade cost raised from 0.5 to 0.9 0.7. This should add to overall reduction of unit quantity and introduce more generations of units fighting side by side.
  • IC to TC ratio reduced from 1.5 to 1.3 1.4. This should make people think more about their production and make the game tougher overall.
  • TC load from undeployed bases raised from 100 to 500.
  • Trickleback ratio reduced from 0.35 to 0.25 0.3. This means less manpower is recycled from combat and make manpower management more important.
  • Reinforcements manpower costs raised from 0.8 to 0.9. This would mean more manpower drained for reinforcements and make manpower management more important.
  • Monthly nationalism reduction reduced from 0.05 to 0.02 0.03. This should slow the pace in which partisans stop making problems.

Combat
  • Air command limit penalty raised from 0.25 to 0.65 0.40. This should penalize overstacking more. Anything above 24 units would receive more severe penalties.
  • Air overstacking penalty for each unit above 2 raised from 0.02 to 0.07 0.05. Penalize killerstacks little more.
  • Max airstack size set to 12 8.
  • Land fort effectiveness reduced from 0.09 to 0.07. Same with coastal forts.
  • Increased chance of leader receiving terrain and event trait from 1200 to 2000 1500.
  • Increased chance of leader dying in combat from 0.0003 to 0.0005.
  • Make CVs slightly better vs. regular air.

Research
  • Increased ahead of time penalty from 0.00125 to arkred">0.0015 0.0014. To make it more harsh to research ahead.
  • Mean number of inventions events raised from 4 to 8. To increase randomness little more.

Unit Costs
  • Manpower cost of air units tripled.
  • Manpower cost of armors increased to level of infantry.
  • IC cost of air increased by 20%.
  • IC cost of armors increased by 20% (incl. HArm and LArm brigades).
  • IC cost of mechanized inf. increased by 10%.
  • IC cost of all ground units brigades increased by 10%.
  • Supply and fuel consumption of air units increased by 20%.
  • Supply and fuel consumption of armors increased by 10%.

• I know it may look severe, but I believe it'll just lead to less units and more diversity. Esp. increasing price of upgrades is something that should promote more careful upgrade process and use of more unit generations side by side.
    Anders
    Posted: Thursday, April 16, 2009 11:34:40 PM
     Generalfeldmarschall

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal2012 Good Cause Support MedalBanned in ActionAuthor of 7000th post

Spying needs to be changed too. REduce effectiveness, or increase cost, as it in 1.3 is, according to popular opinion, too easy to use spy missions.

Also, perhaps increase effectiveness/reduce cost/build time of Flak (Static AA).

"Hvor fattige var de ikke, disse fiskere som levde av havets nåde! De slet sig gjennom livet uten å se sig om til høire eller til venstre. Deres gleder var få, deres bekymringer mange. Men de hadde allikevel et gemyttlig smil til den fremmede, en munter vise og en lun historie. For sånn er de, disse Sørlandets barn."

King of Men wrote:
    Anders is correct.

Fivoin wrote:
    Yeah, Anders is right.

baronbowden wrote:
    I would tend to agree with Anders.

Support Ederon.net via your Amazon purchases!

I joined Ederon.net before it became mainstream
    sonofliberty
    Posted: Thursday, April 16, 2009 11:44:25 PM
    Free Man

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalBiggest Spammer '08 Award

Anders wrote:
    Spying needs to be changed too. REduce effectiveness, or increase cost, as it in 1.3 is, according to popular opinion, too easy to use spy missions.

Also, perhaps increase effectiveness/reduce cost/build time of Flak (Static AA).
    For some reason spies are much less effective in the abyss scenario. I suspect that it is due to everybody starting at lvl 1. With Daniels incipient restriction on money, it is truly a moot point imo.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. -- That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, -- That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness."

There is a new game on the way Project Blitzkrieg
    Anders
    Posted: Thursday, April 16, 2009 11:55:18 PM
     Generalfeldmarschall

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal2012 Good Cause Support MedalBanned in ActionAuthor of 7000th post

sonofliberty wrote:
    For some reason spies are much less effective in the abyss scenario. I suspect that it is due to everybody starting at lvl 1. With Daniels incipient restriction on money, it is truly a moot point imo.

If that is the case, I withdraw that request.

But still: Let's not allow alliances this time. Please, for the love of Grud.

"Hvor fattige var de ikke, disse fiskere som levde av havets nåde! De slet sig gjennom livet uten å se sig om til høire eller til venstre. Deres gleder var få, deres bekymringer mange. Men de hadde allikevel et gemyttlig smil til den fremmede, en munter vise og en lun historie. For sånn er de, disse Sørlandets barn."

King of Men wrote:
    Anders is correct.

Fivoin wrote:
    Yeah, Anders is right.

baronbowden wrote:

Vissarion
    Posted: Friday, April 17, 2009 2:02:35 AM
     Lieutenant General

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalAuthor of 14000th Post

I agree air should be more expensive, but it should not cost so much manpower as it could still be a strongpoint for the nations in abyss that have abysmal manpower like australasia and persia. make them cost more to build and upkeep so that you may not flood the skies and still hold the ground. (3 or 4 could be a better manpower cost.)

boing boom tschak, boing boom tschak
    peng
    boing boom tschak, boing boom tschak
    zong
    Ederon
    Posted: Friday, April 17, 2009 6:42:55 AM
     Field Major

Vissarion wrote:
    (3 or 4 could be a better manpower cost.)

I thought current MP cost of most air units is around 1 or 1.5, so tripled it'll be 3-4.5 Confused
    Mighty G
    Posted: Friday, April 17, 2009 6:55:26 AM
     Tribunus laticlavius

One Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal

Im in danger of finding myself in agreement with anders..... I also would like to see NO ALLIANCES>

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever.
    George Orwell

Anders
    Posted: Friday, April 17, 2009 10:55:00 AM
     Generalfeldmarschall

Mighty G wrote:
    Im in danger of finding myself in agreement with anders.....

Mighty, I am your Father!

King of Men wrote:
    Anders is correct.

Fivoin wrote:
    Yeah, Anders is right.

baronbowden wrote:

hiensen
    Posted: Friday, April 17, 2009 11:47:51 AM
     Generalleutnant

One Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalAuthor of 18000th Post

Lord Ederon wrote:
    http://forums.ederon.net/default.aspx?g=posts&t=989

It's less then mod...but anyway, here is what it was about:

You could hack and reverse the vote : 6 votes for your mod 2 for 38 gc instead. Evil Grin Afterall you're the boss here.Cool

Long live to the emperor !

Ederon
    Posted: Friday, April 17, 2009 1:16:13 PM
     Field Major

Take a look at this:

BACKUP files located in /db folder and also db/units! I don't have vanilla version for reversal...

MP cost of air doubled (from 1 to 2, from 2 to 4 for bombers, and by one for CAS). Rest as described.

File Attachment(s):
    latest_mod_v1.zip (18kb) downloaded 35 time(s).

Anders
    Posted: Friday, April 17, 2009 1:45:26 PM
     Generalfeldmarschall

Any chance we can start this up on Monday?
    I suggest a separate signup-thread, from which you can random-assign countries to players, like last time. (+1 veto if you get Persia or something, ofc.)

King of Men wrote:
    Anders is correct.

Fivoin wrote:
    Yeah, Anders is right.

baronbowden wrote:

Gen.Schuermann
    Posted: Friday, April 17, 2009 2:08:23 PM
     Generalfeldmarschall

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalAuthor of 9000th Post

Lord Ederon wrote:
    ARM changes

You very cruel man Mad Mad

Schuer

In Soviet Russia, Schuermann defeats YOU!
    cueball
    Posted: Friday, April 17, 2009 2:34:55 PM
     Tribunus laticlavius

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalInspiring Poster '08 AwardAuthor of 10000th Post

Lord Ederon wrote:
    I propose following changes made above mod we used:

I know it may look severe, but I believe it'll just lead to less units and more diversity. Esp. increasing price of upgrades is something that should promote more careful upgrade process and use of more unit generations side by side.

Those seem like pretty sensible changes.

For a straighforward copy over zip version go here: Goerings Delay -- NZQS -- 1.3b.rar

The Mod can also be set up with the Jones Generic Mod Enabler and has worked fine in that mode in my tests. This version has everything in it, 1.3beta, JSGME and the East is Red patch, and can be installed straight to your Armageddon 1.2 (ZBLV) folder without disrupting vanilla at all. It has the 1.3beta exe update and JGSME Mod system right in it. Just unzip to your main doomsday folder, copy the contents of the folder, then past into the main folder, then enable the mod using the JSGME system. Once you execute the JSGME it is pretty self-explanatory: EIR NZQS --ARMA 1.3beta complete 1.3b

Small patch from XTPS or NZQS 1.2 to NZQS 1.3b: Goering EIR -- Patch 1.3b

It would be a dangerous folly for the British people to underrate the enduring position in world history which Mussolini will hold; or the amazing qualities of courage, comprehension, self-control and perseverance which he exemplifies.

Sir Winston -- 1937
    Ederon
    Posted: Friday, April 17, 2009 3:15:21 PM
     Field Major

If I find the time I'll make comprehensive list of changes made in this "mod". They are slightly broader then enumeration I quoted in post above as 1.3 introduced some new variables. You can see them right now by looking at misc.txt and other files modded in /db as I left original value as a note. Those in /db/units just do what I described in green, except MP cost of air is not tripled but doubled at most.
    Anders
    Posted: Monday, January 04, 2010 12:15:00 PM
     Generalfeldmarschall

Old thread, old poll. Locking.

King of Men wrote:
    Anders is correct.

Fivoin wrote:
    Yeah, Anders is right.

baronbowden wrote: