Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Monday XII AAR thread Options · View
Forgiven
Posted: Tuesday, September 22, 2009 1:21:06 PM
 Pilus prior

One Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal

IJA wasn't quite that ambitious as to try continental landings, AAR would be nice to make, alas at least I have been bit too busy to take proper screenshots to color the story Sad
Short movements in pacific recital;
~15th of December (I was planning for xmas entry but got bit ahead); Simultaneous landings on Wake, Hawaii, Philippines, Guam; all succesful;
Few days later followup move from Wake to Midway, weak IJN fleet of CA/CL supporting landing ships intercepted, the 3 marine divisions attempting landing lost and presumed drowned.
I'm not sure if the initial landing included Singapore aswell? it might have, my memory is bit shoddy, but that came soon after if not then
The 2 brit divisions put up decent fight, but eventually failed to hold, some naval battles around the peninsula followed, IJN took a beating losing even some capital ships (all in all, naval losses have not been awfully high, I think those were only battles where anything bigger than CA was sunk(?) The US navy was not in pearl so we failed to take it out, damn american intel, they even embargoed me right after I told germany and italy I'd be attacking in a month.
Followups in east indies, just realized borneo is lvl 2 infra inland, no wonder it's taking a while. These are still taking place althou I hold all dutch ports in major islands, there is still land to cover.
2nd landing on midway in january(or was it february?) was succesful, so US has, to my knowledge (unless they built some new) lost their (major) island harbors in pacific.
3rd round of offence was starting about the time we quit and Darwin fell to IJA, map attached if I figure how, (or these premade links work) Rolleyes

Europe was more of a... ah, Reb spain about to fall, most of balcans italian(and hungarian!), France fell, and Italy took on Vichy France after that (the french are damn stubborn about surrendering), Swiss were taken out by Germany as well. Portugal, Romania and Bulgaria still remain neutral, that's about it for europe I think, see map.
Oh and Finland was eaten whole. (And Sweden + Norway have formed alliance...)

Edit; and oh, greeks are still fighting, shocking.

Absolute power corrupts absolutely. Which is a problem, if you are powerless.
Gen.Schuermann
Posted: Tuesday, September 22, 2009 2:46:46 PM
 Generalfeldmarschall

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalAuthor of 9000th Post

Germany didnt give a damn about diplomacy, as usual, and invaded Holland right after session's start. Holland fell within 2 weeks, and Belgium quickly in succession. While i was approaching the french border quickly, the british already greeted me nicely with waving hands. A quick counter-attack on Brugge by the British was quickly defeated. It was then a mobbing up action in Belgium until i could gather all my arm and strike further southwards. Meanwhile a fairly large battle had developed around Calais/Dunkirk,. and my ARM were eager to surround the area. In a scene strangely familiar to many, the british had to Pull a Dunkirk 2 weeks later after stubborn fighting. 2 Divisions are said to have been lost to the sea. Held up by this annoyance and one landing further north in HOlland a few weeks later, the war with the french ground slowly towards victory some 3 months after it had begun. I had to occupy fucking 80% of France to make them surrender. Sometime before the fall of France, once the Maginot was a part of history, Switzerland was declared booty and thuroughly invaded. 1.5 weeks after the invasion and the fall of the 2 key cities, Bern and Zürich, Switzerland accepted the inevitable and joined the Reich.

Dunkirk pocket:

But it would not stop there. Once the french opted for a quasi fascist puppet solution, almighty Schuer and Mighty decided that this would not be good enough, seeing the Vichy French unwilling to ally and Italys lack of transport capability. It was thus decided to get rid of the nuisance and Vichy France was abolished as quickly as it was established. While celebration in Rome and Berlin were on, Wehrmacht and Italian forces gathered on the Republican border, only to declare shortly after, taking revenge on murdered Franco. the Spanish campaign was more hampered by lack of fuel and supplies then spanish resistance. currently spain is split in two, with Germany guarding the atlantic coast in the north and west, while Italy is out to take the southeastern part.

I think we managed to get nice borders, no? Smile

In Soviet Russia, Schuermann defeats YOU!
Hytzon
Posted: Tuesday, September 22, 2009 4:23:58 PM
 Brigadier General

Perhaps someone should move these posts to a seperate AAR topic...

Session 3: Defending The Empire

Great Britain had its hand full with USA being AI for most of the session, while Germany, Italy and later Japan attacked all ove the world. My plan was to try and delay Germany in France for as long as possible, while keeping Italy from taking North Africa. This meant devoting most of my forces to the European theatre of war and leaving Japan alone to take out Singapore and Dutch East Indies. The Dunkirk battle managed to tie up many of the panzer divisions flooding in from Belgium, but still a spearhead reached Paris without much trouble. When the battle was lost I pulled out, re-orged and decided to make a fotress around Caen, Cherbourg and the Channel Islands. While the picture shows a city for Caen, the territory is actually plains - which I discovered to late... Oh well yet another withdrawal. Around this time Italy tried to take Malta but RN managed to intercept the invasion fleet and a huge naval battle followed. Italy lost more ships than Britain in this engagement and this meant the Mediterranean was secure for the time being. As I pulled out troops from France, I put them to use in North Africa instead. Here British forces have managed to take all Italian ports and it is now only a question of time before the last fascists surrender. Japan struck against Singapore but I had already sent some fleets out there to try to stem the tide. This seemed somewhat successful, as I managed to sink a BB among other ships while losing none. Still my land forces lost the battle to superior Japanese land forces. We are now in March 1940 and Germany and its allies are racing towards Gibraltar, while British troops prepare for an epic battle of defence... Some expinditionary divisions have also been sent to Greece, but for now Italy seems to have the upper hand. Sergeant

BTW: Looking at my divisions after the French campaign, it seems I managed to pull everything out in good order. So no divisions lost on the beaches Smile
Below we see the old Warspite (lvl 1 BB) that managed to put holes into and sink the useless Japanese steel monster Nagato (lvl 3 BB) Cool

Hytzon attached the following image(s):
warspite.jpg

You can't say civilization don't advance - for in every war, they kill you in a new way.
Forgiven
Posted: Tuesday, September 22, 2009 5:36:40 PM
 Pilus prior

Lucky shot I say, it was all those other 8(?) BB's that did the work really One Tooth Grin

Anders
Posted: Tuesday, September 22, 2009 6:05:12 PM
 Generalfeldmarschall

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal2012 Good Cause Support MedalBanned in ActionAuthor of 7000th post

Hytzon wrote:
Perhaps someone should move these posts to a seperate AAR topic...

Good idea. Some smart, brilliant, intelligent and clever person should do that Big Grin

"Hvor fattige var de ikke, disse fiskere som levde av havets nåde! De slet sig gjennom livet uten å se sig om til høire eller til venstre. Deres gleder var få, deres bekymringer mange. Men de hadde allikevel et gemyttlig smil til den fremmede, en munter vise og en lun historie. For sånn er de, disse Sørlandets barn."

King of Men wrote:
Anders is correct.

Fivoin wrote:
Yeah, Anders is right.

baronbowden wrote:
I would tend to agree with Anders.

Support Ederon.net via your Amazon purchases!

I joined Ederon.net before it became mainstream
Gen.Schuermann
Posted: Tuesday, September 22, 2009 6:17:45 PM
 Generalfeldmarschall

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalAuthor of 9000th Post

ah bummer, those 2 divisions not lost shall spell doom on me Sad

Gen.Schuermann
Posted: Tuesday, September 22, 2009 6:49:59 PM
 Generalfeldmarschall

You sunk this beauty:

Gen.Schuermann
Posted: Tuesday, September 22, 2009 9:47:06 PM
 Generalfeldmarschall

Hey Forgiven could you upload your colorscheme somewhere? i am tired of colors i cannot differentiate.

Forgiven
Posted: Tuesday, September 22, 2009 9:58:42 PM
 Pilus prior

Me too, but this changes the checksum to URZZ so unless everyone does that I'm not sure how compatible it'll be for MP...

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=416991
or
http://www.jamisongeibel.com/smep/ColorMakeGo.zip
for the direct link.

Edit; should test that for comparison;
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=418087 <- HoI2 color scheme.

Gen.Schuermann
Posted: Tuesday, September 22, 2009 10:34:12 PM
 Generalfeldmarschall

Meh there is no work around to avoid a changed checksum?

Forgiven
Posted: Tuesday, September 22, 2009 11:20:43 PM
 Pilus prior

Hmn, since the checksum is only 4 letter code, I'm sure you could somehow generate colors that would give the same checksum as original, but I for one, don't plan on figuring out how to do that.

(and the maker of the mod at least hasn't found out a way I suppose.)

Gen.Schuermann
Posted: Wednesday, September 23, 2009 7:53:34 AM
 Generalfeldmarschall

Well i guess we are back to normal colors then. a pity.

Hytzon
Posted: Tuesday, September 29, 2009 8:34:17 PM
 Brigadier General

Session 4: Battle of Gibraltar

This session 87.000 Axis soldiers and 13.000 British soldiers laid down their lives trying to defeat each other at Gibraltar. The battle raged from April '40 to September '40 when Axis leaders decided to pull out, looking at the deathtoll that is quite understandable. The Lufftwaffe and Regia Aeronautica dropped a lot of bombs on the small city but it was all in vain. The defenses were simply to strong and the will to defend this bastion of democracy to great! Everytime a unit became to disorganized it retreated to the transportship nearby and was ferried to Tangier. From there a fresh division was transported back to the rock, ready to fight for some weeks. In the screenshot below we see the British forces fighting against the Axis onslaught.

In North Africa more Italians surrendered and the desert is now firmly under British control. In Greece the Italians were stopped dead in the spring but unfortunatly they broke through the Greek/British defensive lines north of Athens in the autumn. Before this tragic event the front looked like this (May '40):

After the breakthrough in the mountains of central Greece, Athens itself came under attack from Italian armoured spearheads. The morale of the allied troops had sunk to deep and they were forced to surrender, whereby the goverment of Greece also surrendered. This meant all British forces currently retreating in Greece were taken as POWs - a huge surprise to the British leaders... (note to self: remember this in the next game). In all it is believed some 80-100.000 soldiers were lost in the Greek campaign, which evens out the huge Axis casaulties taken at Gibraltar. At some point a huge naval battle was fought around the waters of Greece and here the RN was yet again victorious, though the Regia Marina did sink some screens...

The Americans (AI) also managed to defeat the puny German garrison of Dunquerque and caused fear at the German high command of a great invasion. This was sadly not to be as the poor Americans were soon defeated while their ships had already sailed away. For some strange reason they surrended to the Germans rather than retreating to the British transport ships anchored nearby...
Another strange thing was they decided to be put under Belgian leadership. Here we have an overview of the situation:

In Burma Japan (AI) launched a HUGE offensive along with their Siamese co-belligerents and the garrisons there were hard pressed. More allied troops arrived during the summer but at the moment the Japanese are advancing without to much trouble... In the waters around Burma the RN far east squadron engaged a much larger IJN force and this resulted in a ruthless battle for the sea. In the end both navies retreated with severe losses. This included a lot of British screening ships, DDs and CLs, and one BC - the beautiful HMS Renown. Japan also lost some screens, though not as many, but most importantly they lost 3 BCs. British intel has identified them as 3 Kongo-class BCs. The British admiralty has again seen the weakness in the doctrines of the IJN and is confident that soon the RN will rule the waves yet again. The former Kongo, now coral reef, looked like this:

You can't say civilization don't advance - for in every war, they kill you in a new way.
Forgiven
Posted: Tuesday, September 29, 2009 10:28:16 PM
 Pilus prior

Good good, now more!
(3bc's eh? hmnf, yet carrier fleet losing it's 'screens', thou I suppose AI changed those...)

Also wondering where the burma troops came from, there weren't that many in the area before, but oh well, at least AI ain't doing all that bad job, (maybe?), now the others! (US especially, so I'll know if I have any fleet left)

Edit; could I get a world map?

Ederon
Posted: Thursday, October 01, 2009 2:46:04 PM
 Field Major

Good AAR Hytzon. Let's hear some more from Third Reich and Soviet Union.
Anders
Posted: Monday, October 05, 2009 10:53:38 AM
 Generalfeldmarschall

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal2012 Good Cause Support MedalBanned in ActionAuthor of 7000th post

Russia
I have been in the service of Comrade Stalin for many, many years. It is my task to write down all that is decided. My father did this before me, and his father before him. We have faithfully recorded and seen much.
Stalin is our lord and master; he is Peter the Great reborn, and will be Lenin in the afterlife. All of the Soviet Union lives and dies by his divine wish, and this is as it should be. We are his children; Stalin loves us all. We would conquer the world, so that all can know his wise rule. Even if Stalin did not ask this, we would do it.
His enemies will be struck down; night and darkness will take them. The earth will be stained red. All this will come to pass, for Stalin has decreed it.
So it is written. So it shall be.
Russia is ours. It is my home. Invaders come here, but they do not leave. They do not understand Russia; They do not understand how it gives life, and how it kills. So they die, and we grow stronger.
The dead, now, the dead cannot pass on their newfound wisdom...so invaders keep coming, keep trying to take our lands and our wealth. But then, vodka flows through this land. And if our people have one thing, it is the love of vodka. It is sweeter than water, it is more powerful than the sword, for any sword can be turned aside with a bottle of vodka.
Vodka will buy a thousand warriors...and a thousand warriors, why, they are the start of an empire!

Soviet Union

"Hvor fattige var de ikke, disse fiskere som levde av havets nåde! De slet sig gjennom livet uten å se sig om til høire eller til venstre. Deres gleder var få, deres bekymringer mange. Men de hadde allikevel et gemyttlig smil til den fremmede, en munter vise og en lun historie. For sånn er de, disse Sørlandets barn."

King of Men wrote:
Anders is correct.

Fivoin wrote:
Yeah, Anders is right.

baronbowden wrote:
I would tend to agree with Anders.

Support Ederon.net via your Amazon purchases!

I joined Ederon.net before it became mainstream
Hytzon
Posted: Wednesday, October 07, 2009 10:09:55 PM
 Brigadier General

Session 5: Operation Husky

During the autumn and winter of 1940/41 the focus for the British leaders turned to Burma as the Japanese threatened to invade India proper. The Indian army received reinforcements from North Africa where hostilities had now ended and the last Italians had surrended. Furthermore the Italian puppet nation Ethiopia was overrun and all of Africa was now in the hands of the allied nations. A more disturbing matter than the Japanese threat in Burma arose sometime during the late autumn, as German Panzers rolled through Russia and Stalin himself began to talk about defeat. On the central and northern front of Russia, German troops were getting ready for assaulting both Leningrad and Moscow. In the south the Italians were pushing for the interior of Ukraine and whatever lays behind it. The commanders of the British forces had to react quickly to this new situation, as the Axis would be unbeatable if the Soviet Union surrended. It was decided to re-route some troops back from the east to do a lighting invasion of Sicily to draw some Italian troops away from the east front. Never in history has an invasion force of this size been assembled so quickly and with so much skill. The landing of British forces on Sicily:

To the surprise of the planners the invasion was quickly over and Sicily controlled by the fighters of freedom. Next step was the Italian peninsula and here the primary goal was to take Taranto and force Regia Marina out to the sea. This plan was also executed without to much trouble except for the naval battle... The Italian admiral in charge chose to send not only his main fleet, but also all of his transports to battle. This resulted in confusion on both sides and unfortunatly some British ships targeted transport ships and freighters before the mighty battleships... The result was a severe loss of cruisers for the British, but the Regia Marina was defeated and in fact exterminated. Below we can see a battlereport and the loss of 3 Italian BBs (the fourth was sunk in a harbor nearby):

Gen.Schuermann
Posted: Wednesday, October 07, 2009 11:48:14 PM
 Generalfeldmarschall

It was a cold day in Poland when word came of Stalin the foolish had declared war on the Third Reich. As german armies and roman legions brought order to chaos in the balkans, a minor piece of paper decided the fate of Eastern Europe forever. Stalin the foolish had issued a guarantee of independence to measly Romania, vowing to defend it against anyone daring to oppose it. Mussolini the shortsighted, after gulping Bulgaria down in a matter of days, decided to add Romania to his realms. Without his seeing aid however, the GOI was neglected. Stalin the foolish saw his moment coming: Depsite a moderate German buildup he decided to push through with the casus belli at his hands, and was rightfully repented. In early October of 1940, The Third Reich was at war with the Soviet Union. In quick successive strives, soviet attacks and armies were repented deep into soviet territory, both from the Reich proper as well as Roman Romania. The massive, yet unorderly made up Wehrmacht forces swept across the great russian plains, through the pripet marshes and through the woods of the Balticum. Immideate goals were clear: Defeating, or better destroying the Red Army was the primary goal. In a set of solid encirclements and swift advances, entire armies were rounded up and annihilated. As German soldiers swept across Russia, brave men embarked on to liberating Finland and landed near Helsinki to free it from communist oppression. Soon after the vital ports of Helsinki, Turku etc. were seized, supplying an even larger force that would eventually try to lay siege on Leningrad and link up with other Wehrmacht elements closing in from the south to complete the encirclement. Meanwhile battlehardened spearheads headed for the Russian capital to accomplish a similar goal.

Speed of advance was merely delayed by the unorganized make up of the invasion and the inability to control the mess properly. Luckily the opposing party had much greater problems facing the overly mobile make up of the Wehrmacht.

It is now 3 months into what is now being called Operation Barbarossa, and a successful conclusion seems only a matter of time.

There are however worrying variables that need to be addressed:
- A hasty invasion of Sicily and southern Italy by the british threatens the vulnerable southern flank of the Reich. The entire romanian front had to be surrendered by the italians to meet with the threat coming from the british. The Italian armored spearheads must crush the british with haste before they can recieve reinforcements or even be aided by massive American reserves.

- Aforementioned American reserves threaten the German western flank. already have preparations been made to counter any invasion by american forces, should it come.

- The japanese progress in Burma has been painfully slow in the last 3 months, which might even be reversed if the soviet drive into manchuria continues their current momentum. A certain equilibrium seems to have been established in the pacific however. The gates to india must be kicked in at all costs.

Pic 1 showing the north eastern front, with valuable pockets:

Pic 2 showing the current world borders. Note what has been dubbed Operation Husky in southern italy, faltering russia in eastern europe, manchuria shrinking and japan knocking on India's doors.

Forgiven
Posted: Thursday, October 08, 2009 12:19:58 AM
 Pilus prior

Oh, interesting, Manchuria has not shrunk that much, I doubt there are any japanese fighting there anyways (well the original Imperial plan considered the sacrificial lamb in case of soviet invasion anyways)...
IJA is shocked how bad the supply situation in india must be, you can only send so much suplies thru those small mountain passes no matter how many british POW's you put to work on the bridges and railway...
The conquest of ducth island seems to be complete, one less imperialist opponent to compete with, however it is quite worrying that we have have lost control of not only Hawaii but also Kwajalein (damn I hope I remember these islands right) and Philippines...
I'm almost shocked if troops in australia are not living on quarter rations as well, while progress seems ok it's still supported by only a single port...

Err, does Japan control Greenland?

Hytzon
Posted: Thursday, October 08, 2009 8:16:04 AM
 Brigadier General

Forgiven wrote:

Greenland is controlled by the Danish goverment in exile Wink

Gen.Schuermann
Posted: Thursday, October 08, 2009 10:07:02 AM
 Generalfeldmarschall

Forgiven wrote:
Oh, interesting, Manchuria has not shrunk that much, I doubt there are any japanese fighting there anyways (well the original Imperial plan considered the sacrificial lamb in case of soviet invasion anyways)...
IJA is shocked how bad the supply situation in india must be, you can only send so much suplies thru those small mountain passes no matter how many british POW's you put to work on the bridges and railway...
The conquest of ducth island seems to be complete, one less imperialist opponent to compete with, however it is quite worrying that we have have lost control of not only Hawaii but also Kwajalein (damn I hope I remember these islands right) and Philippines...
I'm almost shocked if troops in australia are not living on quarter rations as well, while progress seems ok it's still supported by only a single port...

The philippines are indeed your puppet, and as far as i am concerned, Japan is actively resisting soviet rule in Manchuria.

Forgiven
Posted: Thursday, October 08, 2009 12:50:57 PM
 Pilus prior

Ah, my puppet? now that's interesting idea, hmn, they'll take care of supplying the troops in there I suppose, might not be a bad choise.

Edit; and damn, I really did want greenland, now I'll have to send a fleet to take it.

Forgiven
Posted: Tuesday, October 27, 2009 1:18:11 PM
 Pilus prior

We've been slacking here a bit, let's see, short recap;

After returning from coma emperor Hirohito resolved to fix the mess that had been left by each general doing whatever he damn well pleased with his troops once the central command had gone missing due to the unfortunate vacation trip away from the ever rainy Tokyo had gone sour due to metal rain from an encounter with british fleet while enroute to singapore.

First priority had to be the areas nearby which had gotten way out of hand, General Higashikuni had decided to launch punitive attack on british Burma and India and was fast running out of reach of his supply train, he had also decided that after his initial success he could afford to send most of his troops to fight the Soviets and that some troops from manchuria could probably use a vacation in warm south, never bothering to consider the travel time by foot through china or the fact that IJA hardly could arrange for the troops to change clothing midway, these orders were thus scrapped. Also orders were sent to australia and the fleet to get their act together and stop running around like headless emu's.

The followup plan was developed to draw british behind the retreating japanese troops deeper into Burma and then have the hastily assembled 18th army land behind them and take Chittacong and Calcutta from the british imperialist and surround their armies in Burma leaving them with weak supply lines, the plan also included second wave to be formed from the late arriving elements of the 18th that were to take the other ports in India. Alas, no plan survives lack of contact with enemy, and the brits had clearly been so frightened by the IJA's takeover of Burma earlier in the year that they now had no ambition to even scout if the japanese troops were still there, being just happy lying in their hammocks and not being shot at. Thus the IJA misestimated the amounts of troops needed to surround the brits and having failed to draw them deeper into burma they were also more able to respond to the initial landings, which while succesful were not without cost, IJA lost 2 divisions and some of IJN's beautiful ships in this operation and was eventually forced to divert troops from their intented landings to Bombay and other India ports to cover the cut off operations, especially since the british were also receiving american reinforcements.

After long fighting the operations was declared partial success having managed to secure some british railroad workers for infrastructure operations. The Japanese then decided to lower their troop levels in the area and withdraw a bit from the plains of their westernmost conquests to easier to defend mountainous or jungle territories on other side of river Padma (which seems to run in completely different place nowdays?).

Meanwhile fresh divisions from china usually commanded by some ambitious japanese captains with few sergeants to handle brigade each were sent to Australia to finish what had been started in there, by adopting a frog stragegy of diving from port to another, starting from Perth and ending in east coast, this was such a great success it was decided this should also be tried for taking Soviet ports of Ulya and Vladivostok later in the year.

With the conquered areas mostly secure and patrol ships around Kwajalein still reporting high levels of american presence the war machine now needed new targets for conquest. For this purpose Madagascar was occupied, with hopes of taking over south africa, but this plan was later dropped in favor of another ambitious strike to cut the british and american troops in india out of supply again, it was felt that this would be better diversion to benefit of our allies strugling in the european theatre and possibly granting us later opportunity to use this as pathway to strike at the soviets from yet another direction and gaining in the same whoop the oil fields surrounding persia.

Alas, 2nd Carrier fleet was intercepted by a british flotilla operating in superior numbers and the operation was not complete success, we are still awaiting futher information of these developments.

... oh this got quite long.

Gen.Schuermann
Posted: Wednesday, October 28, 2009 4:45:12 PM
 Generalfeldmarschall

Better long than short Wink

Germany had it's hands full after a one week hiatus when the Führer had to move to his next Headquarter. Communications are still not too good with the outside world, but we're getting there.
Last week saw ze Führer struggling to get back in command. A completely overstretched Ostfront meant collapsing supply lines on a daily basis. a large number of troops were already pulled out, as Italy was invaded. By the end of the session the Wehrmacht and Italian forces had halted their advance. Allied numbers were near overwhelming, but German Armor held the line fairly effectively.

Towards the end of the session, the crumbling supply situation in the Reich payed it's toll, though: The capital experienced severe throughput issues, endangering virtually all fronts: From Hambrug to Calais, from Munich to Cherbourg, from Moscow to Gibraltar, virtually every divisions and air units faced sever supply problems. I had 12 subs sitting idly in port because no supplies were getting through! So it was not looking bright, and additionally the allied airforce tore down the infrastructure in northern italy, hampering any decisive offensive action.

However, this all changed with last session. with the AI shortly in command due to solving a bug, the AI decided to pull 80% of the Ostfront forces off to the west. Luckily, i might say, because the allies renewed their offensives. The center and Eastern part of the boot held steady, thanks to my Armor. Allies lost at least some 50000 troops there. The west, however, was more fragile, and the allies managed, paired with some landings, to occupy the western part up to Milano, threatening to cut my off for a while. However, with my supply system getting better every day, i was able to supply my planes and gain air superiority now. Additionally, my reinforcements from the Soviet union arrived, little by little, up to the point where i beat the brits and amis back to their initial lines.

We'll see if i can gain the upperhand next week and see the allies running Smile