Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

East is Red North American weekdays recruiting. Options · View
cueball
Posted: Thursday, October 15, 2009 1:01:57 PM
 Tribunus laticlavius

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalInspiring Poster '08 AwardAuthor of 10000th Post

New East is Red multiplayer patch for HOI II DDA ported for use with the 1.3beta patch.

Game 2: Game to be scheduled on a weekdays on a North American schedule weekday evenings starting at 6:00 EDT (00:00 CET) going for at least 4 hours.

Game need 4 to 6 players and will commence with enough interest.

Quote:

USSR:
FRA/USA:
UK:

Possible minor Canada:

Germany:
Italy:
Japan:

Possible Minors Hungary:

Quote:
How do install East is Red -- Goering Delay -- XTPS 1.1.rar -- Full version for Armageddon 1.3beta patch.

1) Make a complete copy of your Hearts of Iron Doomsday – Armageddon 1.3b file by clicking on the Doomsday main folder Icon and copying the folder. Paste this somewhere else on your computer.
2) Download “the East is Red.rar” file from the link provided.
3) Copy it into the new Doomsday folder: Make sure it is the copy.
4) Right Click over the RAR file.
5) Select: "Extract Here"
6) Overwrite "ALL"
7) Boot the game and in single player you will find new “the East is Red Scenarios.”
6) If you have loaded it correctly you should see the image posted above as you load the game.

Note: not all of the changes will work properly with the other scenarios available from the menu.

Can't identfy the file type? It is an RAR zip file: Click here for the decompression utility.

What is the East is Red about? Full details and links at HOI II wiki page, here. Any questions please post them here or at Lord Ederon's, EIR Forum, here.

For a straighforward copy over zip version go here: Goerings Delay -- NZQS -- 1.3b.rar

The Mod can also be set up with the Jones Generic Mod Enabler and has worked fine in that mode in my tests. This version has everything in it, 1.3beta, JSGME and the East is Red patch, and can be installed straight to your Armageddon 1.2 (ZBLV) folder without disrupting vanilla at all. It has the 1.3beta exe update and JGSME Mod system right in it. Just unzip to your main doomsday folder, copy the contents of the folder, then past into the main folder, then enable the mod using the JSGME system. Once you execute the JSGME it is pretty self-explanatory: EIR NZQS --ARMA 1.3beta complete 1.3b

Small patch from XTPS or NZQS 1.2 to NZQS 1.3b: Goering EIR -- Patch 1.3b

It would be a dangerous folly for the British people to underrate the enduring position in world history which Mussolini will hold; or the amazing qualities of courage, comprehension, self-control and perseverance which he exemplifies.

Sir Winston -- 1937
Mighty G
Posted: Thursday, October 15, 2009 11:37:04 PM
 Tribunus laticlavius

One Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal

count me in, dont care what nation..

Germnay, USA, Japan as prefs i guess.

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever.
George Orwell

cueball
Posted: Friday, October 16, 2009 1:54:30 AM
 Tribunus laticlavius

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalInspiring Poster '08 AwardAuthor of 10000th Post

Ok then, when do we start? I was kind of counting on Nachoz for this game, since he confirmed before, but he is without internet, apparently. How about we just start and do UK v Germany and see where it goes. When we find more players and people get sorted out we can start again, or continue with what we have.

For a straighforward copy over zip version go here: Goerings Delay -- NZQS -- 1.3b.rar

The Mod can also be set up with the Jones Generic Mod Enabler and has worked fine in that mode in my tests. This version has everything in it, 1.3beta, JSGME and the East is Red patch, and can be installed straight to your Armageddon 1.2 (ZBLV) folder without disrupting vanilla at all. It has the 1.3beta exe update and JGSME Mod system right in it. Just unzip to your main doomsday folder, copy the contents of the folder, then past into the main folder, then enable the mod using the JSGME system. Once you execute the JSGME it is pretty self-explanatory: EIR NZQS --ARMA 1.3beta complete 1.3b

It would be a dangerous folly for the British people to underrate the enduring position in world history which Mussolini will hold; or the amazing qualities of courage, comprehension, self-control and perseverance which he exemplifies.

Sir Winston -- 1937
Mighty G
Posted: Friday, October 16, 2009 9:19:12 AM
 Tribunus laticlavius

sunday - thursday (my time is good for me).

I work saturday and sunday only at this stage, in the mornings. So im free all week.

Also, i dont mind waiting till we have 3 or 4 at least.

The earlier time the start the better, but i can sleep pre game............... provided i dont over hybernate Big Grin

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever.
George Orwell

cueball
Posted: Friday, October 16, 2009 3:31:54 PM
 Tribunus laticlavius

I am of the "build it and they will come" school so I am good to go with a 1 v 1, if only to see if UK can do the "All or nothing in France strategy" with the present set up. I don't know if you hooked up the mod yet, but I broke up the British Empire a bit more and added a new country for colonial India: the British Raj. Takes a big bite out of the UK IC, and also the starting army, which is now much more reasonable and historical. In exchange the Commonwealth gets a whole new country, the Raj, that produces quite a bit of infantry.

In other news I spoke with Storm501, and he basically said I could count him in for a weekend game, Sunday. But that is probably our Monday. Am I wrong?

Sir Winston -- 1937
Mighty G
Posted: Friday, October 16, 2009 4:51:22 PM
 Tribunus laticlavius

sunday would be fine i think ..

Monday euro game is Tuesday 3am my time.

George Orwell

cueball
Posted: Friday, October 16, 2009 5:08:40 PM
 Tribunus laticlavius

Ok so you are saying Sunday in Australia or Sunday in the real world?

Sir Winston -- 1937
Geofactor
Posted: Friday, October 16, 2009 11:07:27 PM
 Lieutenant Colonel

thats our sat night......i might play but not till next week as im busy this weekend

""The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first.".....Thomas Jefferson"
anonymous....we are legion...we dont forgive....we dont forget....expect us...
cueball
Posted: Saturday, October 17, 2009 11:14:24 AM
 Tribunus laticlavius

Cool. I don't think I can start this Sunday, but can start the next, the only thing is I think I have to leave a little early, so we should confirm a time I guess.

Sir Winston -- 1937
Mighty G
Posted: Saturday, October 17, 2009 11:16:27 AM
 Tribunus laticlavius

I can play anyday and time basically with my only obsticale being EU monday game at 1800CET.

I wouldnt be available on Sunday until 5PM my local time (4am sunday your time?).

Just name a time and day i will adjust my hibernate-o-meter

George Orwell

Mighty G
Posted: Sunday, October 18, 2009 7:52:20 AM
 Tribunus laticlavius

So im home from now and can play for 5 days straight....

Guess i better put the patch on

George Orwell

cueball
Posted: Sunday, October 18, 2009 8:44:32 AM
 Tribunus laticlavius

Well, think that would just be you and me. I am ok with that, but I have to catch some zzzz's. Maybe you should too then we can pick a time maybe in 12 hours or so.

Sir Winston -- 1937
Mighty G
Posted: Sunday, October 18, 2009 5:28:32 PM
 Tribunus laticlavius

ok

George Orwell

cueball
Posted: Sunday, October 18, 2009 10:12:18 PM
 Tribunus laticlavius

I am online on msn, so buzz me when you are available and we can set something up.

Sir Winston -- 1937
Mighty G
Posted: Monday, October 19, 2009 2:24:08 AM
 Tribunus laticlavius

Slept my balls off

George Orwell

cueball
Posted: Monday, October 19, 2009 4:07:42 AM
 Tribunus laticlavius

Anders will be very upset.

Here is my IP: 69.165.173.52

Sir Winston -- 1937
confinement
Posted: Monday, October 19, 2009 10:23:05 PM
 Corporal

Thanks for the info, but I would actually prefer HOI III when it gets up and running.
cueball
Posted: Tuesday, October 20, 2009 3:08:49 PM
 Tribunus laticlavius

I hear you. Though to my mind, unless we see some really serious changes in HOI III, I really don't think it is really going to cut it. My view at this moment is that HOI II finally basically works as an Internet MP platform, and the changes that have been made in HOI II in the mod open up the game substantially to make it less forumlaic. So, I guess since this game is "working" and it will take some time for HOI III to meet the standards of HOI II, I think it is the preferable strategy gaming platform.

In other news, MG and I are rocking through these sessions without crashes and at a good pace getting all the way through Vichy in two session, without a single crash, and not to much lag on his end. We could really use someone to pick up Soviet Union just for fun, and see what can be done with it. I know. I know. Its been played by the AI since start, but the AI build system I designed is much stronger. Not only does the AI build industry but it makes a much better build order when it stops its industry zerg.

So, if someone wants to help us kick this around for fun. Post!

Sir Winston -- 1937
Geofactor
Posted: Tuesday, October 20, 2009 9:43:35 PM
 Lieutenant Colonel

post when you are playin next and ill try to make it

""The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first.".....Thomas Jefferson"
cueball
Posted: Wednesday, October 21, 2009 12:15:20 AM
 Tribunus laticlavius

What are good times for you?

Sir Winston -- 1937
TheWretchedMass
Posted: Wednesday, October 21, 2009 7:11:41 PM
 Major

I got a job finally but the schedule is random from week to week dont know how useful that is but im definitely interested in playing
Geofactor
Posted: Wednesday, October 21, 2009 10:02:55 PM
 Lieutenant Colonel

cueball wrote:
What are good times for you?

any week day after 4pm cept thursday but i can play thursday for a few more weeks till basketball starts....and weekends early morning on

SilverBolt
Posted: Wednesday, October 21, 2009 11:19:01 PM
 Centurion

so...when?
cueball
Posted: Thursday, October 22, 2009 7:52:04 AM
 Tribunus laticlavius

Well that sound like a whole new game. We can organize that soon. Right now I think MG and I will pick up Geo for USSR and keep this going to some kind of reasonable conclusion. He asked first after all. That said I don't have any objection to setting a new date for a whole new game.

Sir Winston -- 1937
cueball
Posted: Thursday, October 22, 2009 8:56:38 AM
 Tribunus laticlavius

Geofactor wrote:
any week day after 4pm cept thursday but i can play thursday for a few more weeks till basketball starts....and weekends early morning on

So, MG and I were thinking today, Thursday, perhaps around 5 pm your time, which is 6 pm my time, and early morning for MG. What say you to that?

Sir Winston -- 1937