Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

[HoI2] NSRAN main discussion thread Options · View
Carillons
Posted: Sunday, March 28, 2010 8:54:33 PM
 Commander

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal

Foelsgaard wrote:
Hey guys, sorry I didn't show up yesterday (as well). Due to a major screwup, I have had no internet for two weeks now. Also, since Denmark is a developing third world nation, reliable internet connections are few and far between so I've been unable to inform you of this situation.

I hope the problem will be rectified before next saturday, I'm beginning to suffer from symptoms of NSRAN withdrawal, such as restful sleep, periods of non-paranoia and boredom during saturdays.

Yay! I was worried my ally had deserted me. I now know this is not the case! I hope you fix everything soon. Your country needs your faithful guiding hand.
thlawrence
Posted: Monday, March 29, 2010 4:46:03 PM
 Sergeant
One Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal

Concerning the use of nukes, are there any players that would currently oppose a total ban on them?
It is generally a bad idea to change the rules of a MP game halfway through as it can affect player's strategies but if there is unanimous support for the rule change it may be better to change the rules.
In addition the current situation of everyone having lots of nukes is hurting the game by creating a cold war situation so a ban could reignite the game and help bring it to an end.
Alternatively it could be enjoyable to have it out with nukes then have players fight each other with the few units they can scrape together in the resulting radioactive wasteland.

So, any opposition to a total ban on nukes?
King of Men
Posted: Monday, March 29, 2010 5:20:41 PM
 Legatus legionis

I like your second option, actually: Nuclear exchange followed by an apocalyptic struggle through the radioactive wastelands.

Read my blog.
Norway Rome The Khanate Scotland Scotinavia Christendie the Serene Republic has always been at war with the Bretons False Empire Caliphate Persians Russians English Hungarians Oceanians Saracen Jackal! Death, death, death to the Frogs barbarians infidels necromancers vodka-drinking hegemonists Sassenach nomad menace Yellow Menace heathen Great Old One!
danomite
Posted: Monday, March 29, 2010 5:35:48 PM
 Tribunus laticlavius

King of Men wrote:
I like your second option, actually: Nuclear exchange followed by an apocalyptic struggle through the radioactive wastelands.
Seeing as I have little left to loose I have no problem in turning your country into a radioactive wasteland if you're so eager...

My vote is for France/Germany or Norway/Italy winning.

It is said that the future is always born in pain. The history of war is the history of pain.
If we are wise, what is born of that pain matures into the promise of a better world,
because we learn that we can no longer afford the mistakes of the past.
thlawrence
Posted: Monday, March 29, 2010 5:46:01 PM
 Sergeant

King of Men wrote:

This would only work if no one had a large supply of nukes after the exchange. As such you would have to find and destroy all the reactors or it would turn into a situation similar to the Great Game, every time a large stack appears it get nuked.

Though if you could succeed at that it would be a lot of fun.
Foelsgaard
Posted: Monday, March 29, 2010 6:40:23 PM
 Colonel

Carillons wrote:
Yay! I was worried my ally had deserted me. I now know this is not the case! I hope you fix everything soon. Your country needs your faithful guiding hand.

Everything is fixed! I now has internets! One Tooth Grin
King of Men
Posted: Monday, March 29, 2010 6:43:25 PM
 Legatus legionis

Production of nukes isn't so fast as all that, even with an intact reactor. Further, I know where the Japanese reactor is, and I suspect the location of mine wouldn't be secret for all that long if we had an exchange. But in any case, the solution to your problem appears to be not to use any large stacks. Smile

Read my blog.
Norway Rome The Khanate Scotland Scotinavia Christendie the Serene Republic has always been at war with the Bretons False Empire Caliphate Persians Russians English Hungarians Oceanians Saracen Jackal! Death, death, death to the Frogs barbarians infidels necromancers vodka-drinking hegemonists Sassenach nomad menace Yellow Menace heathen Great Old One!
Varyar
Posted: Monday, March 29, 2010 10:48:15 PM
 Centurion

I'd support a ban, obviously...
Foelsgaard
Posted: Saturday, April 17, 2010 9:07:54 AM
 Colonel

Question: How exactly was Iraq's national provinces determined? It doesn't seem to be Georgia's old cores.
Gollevainen
Posted: Saturday, April 17, 2010 3:50:49 PM
 Legatus legionis

One Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalAuthor of 50,000th Forum Post

TS is non working

Irsh Faq wrote:
I've noted with Golle a trend of stirring up as much drama publicly as he can whenever he's up to something shady in the background. Presumably its a smokescreen strategy.
danomite
Posted: Saturday, April 17, 2010 3:53:49 PM
 Tribunus laticlavius

Foelsgaard wrote:
Question: How exactly was Iraq's national provinces determined? It doesn't seem to be Georgia's old cores.
Ah right I didn't have time to do that originally, But I meant it to have Georgian cores.

It is said that the future is always born in pain. The history of war is the history of pain.
If we are wise, what is born of that pain matures into the promise of a better world,
OrangeYoshi
Posted: Saturday, April 17, 2010 4:27:56 PM
 General

Looks like that thing that might cause a crash did.
Foelsgaard
Posted: Saturday, April 17, 2010 5:15:28 PM
 Colonel

Sooo... Are we playing or what?
Gollevainen
Posted: Saturday, April 17, 2010 5:16:35 PM
 Legatus legionis

One Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalAuthor of 50,000th Forum Post

dano is trying to figure out the proplem

Irsh Faq wrote:
I've noted with Golle a trend of stirring up as much drama publicly as he can whenever he's up to something shady in the background. Presumably its a smokescreen strategy.
Michael
Posted: Saturday, April 17, 2010 5:17:41 PM
 Captain

haven´t you guys started yet ?

My username on the Paradox forums is Kolibri
King of Men
Posted: Saturday, April 17, 2010 5:19:14 PM
 Legatus legionis

Technical issues.

I suggest Dano post the save here, and Foelsgaard hosts. Foels, post your IP please. Smile

Read my blog.
Foelsgaard
Posted: Saturday, April 17, 2010 5:24:03 PM
 Colonel

IP posted in the top secret forum
King of Men
Posted: Saturday, April 17, 2010 5:24:24 PM
 Legatus legionis

Having difficulty joining that.

Read my blog.
Foelsgaard
Posted: Saturday, April 17, 2010 5:26:56 PM
 Colonel

Hmm. Perhaps it doesn't work then. I have the ports opened.
King of Men
Posted: Saturday, April 17, 2010 5:27:22 PM
 Legatus legionis

Dignabbit. Was anyone else able to join you?

Read my blog.
Foelsgaard
Posted: Saturday, April 17, 2010 5:28:53 PM
 Colonel

OrangeYoshi is apparently
OrangeYoshi
Posted: Saturday, April 17, 2010 5:29:16 PM
 General

I joined just fine.
King of Men
Posted: Saturday, April 17, 2010 5:33:36 PM
 Legatus legionis

Ok, one of those weird incompatibilities we sometimes see, then. Fine. Has Dano made any progress? Can anyone else host?

Read my blog.
Foelsgaard
Posted: Saturday, April 17, 2010 5:34:43 PM
 Colonel

My router is probably biased 'gainst Norwegians is all.
danomite
Posted: Saturday, April 17, 2010 5:35:49 PM
 Tribunus laticlavius

problem is the save, only way i can get it to not crash is to wp norway/japan/china

i tried changing the date past the crash point doesnt matter, tried peacing out various nations (via edit norway/jap wars crashes on first day) doesnt seem related to quebec, i tried a few other things too

the problem seems to originate from the edits.