Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Poll Question: What to play once Monday XIII -HOI3 is over?
Choice Votes Statistics
Hearts of Iron III 4 44%
EU III: Heir to the Throne 4 44%
HoI2 Doomsday Armageddon (w/wo mod) 0 0%
Victoria 2 (if it's done) 0 0%
Something else -please specify or make suggestions 1 11%

Next Monday Game after XIII - What shall we play next? Options · View
Anders
Posted: Monday, January 04, 2010 12:24:33 PM
 Generalfeldmarschall

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal2012 Good Cause Support MedalBanned in ActionAuthor of 7000th post

EU3:HTTT is really neat.

"Hvor fattige var de ikke, disse fiskere som levde av havets nåde! De slet sig gjennom livet uten å se sig om til høire eller til venstre. Deres gleder var få, deres bekymringer mange. Men de hadde allikevel et gemyttlig smil til den fremmede, en munter vise og en lun historie. For sånn er de, disse Sørlandets barn."

King of Men wrote:
Anders is correct.

Fivoin wrote:
Yeah, Anders is right.

baronbowden wrote:
I would tend to agree with Anders.

Support Ederon.net via your Amazon purchases!

I joined Ederon.net before it became mainstream
Ederon
Posted: Monday, January 04, 2010 12:37:06 PM
 Field Major

HoI3 or EU3. If hoi3, then with slightly tweaked setup (something similar to what we used to do in latest hoi2 games).
sonofliberty
Posted: Monday, January 04, 2010 1:34:06 PM
Free Man

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalBiggest Spammer '08 Award

Why do you need a tweaked set-up for HOI3?

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. -- That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, -- That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness."

There is a new game on the way Project Blitzkrieg
Ederon
Posted: Monday, January 04, 2010 3:38:40 PM
 Field Major

sonofliberty wrote:
Why do you need a tweaked set-up for HOI3?

For instance, I think something should be done about with diplomacy and espionage. Getting any country to any faction is way too easy and it ends up that whole world is aligned, mostly in Allies. There are other things too, but for now I have just a misty vision, nothing concrete. I'm sure we'll have enough time until end of 13th game to figure this out.
Traks
Posted: Wednesday, January 13, 2010 12:32:42 PM
 Centurion
One Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal

I voted for EU3 generally. I do not have latest expansion yet, but we will see on that.
Gen.Schuermann
Posted: Monday, February 01, 2010 4:56:21 PM
 Generalfeldmarschall

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalAuthor of 9000th Post

I also created a topic for a HoI3 Monday/Sunday game in the general forae here.
http://forums.ederon.net/default.aspx?g=posts&t=1812

Please discuss further details there.

EU3 sucks, btw. Schuer

In Soviet Russia, Schuermann defeats YOU!
Valentinian
Posted: Tuesday, February 02, 2010 4:08:39 AM
 Private 1st Class

Sundays fine with me, as are Mondays.

Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever. (Napoleon Bonaparte)
Forgiven
Posted: Tuesday, February 02, 2010 7:51:12 AM
 Pilus prior

I'm half in mind to take a little break anyways, so I'll pass on voting. I might be available as sub for some random sessions.

Absolute power corrupts absolutely. Which is a problem, if you are powerless.
Anders
Posted: Wednesday, February 24, 2010 6:13:01 AM
 Generalfeldmarschall

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal2012 Good Cause Support MedalBanned in ActionAuthor of 7000th post

so, anyone up for EU3: HTTT come Monday the 1st, seeing as we'll be waiting for HoI3 1.4 proper for a while yet?

"Hvor fattige var de ikke, disse fiskere som levde av havets nåde! De slet sig gjennom livet uten å se sig om til høire eller til venstre. Deres gleder var få, deres bekymringer mange. Men de hadde allikevel et gemyttlig smil til den fremmede, en munter vise og en lun historie. For sånn er de, disse Sørlandets barn."

King of Men wrote:
Anders is correct.

Fivoin wrote:
Yeah, Anders is right.

baronbowden wrote:

sonofliberty
Posted: Wednesday, February 24, 2010 12:44:53 PM
Free Man

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalBiggest Spammer '08 Award

How about AoD?

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. -- That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, -- That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness."

von_Rundstedt
Posted: Friday, February 26, 2010 4:41:56 PM
 General

I'd join your Httt campaign on mondays if you start one.

Ethiopia used to rule the Waves

Anders
Posted: Friday, February 26, 2010 5:41:30 PM
 Generalfeldmarschall

So we have two viable alternatives for next Monday game, unles we postpone for several months: AoD or EU3.

King of Men wrote:
Anders is correct.

Fivoin wrote:
Yeah, Anders is right.

baronbowden wrote:

sonofliberty
Posted: Friday, February 26, 2010 5:56:55 PM
Free Man

Anders wrote:
So we have two viable alternatives for next Monday game, unles we postpone for several months: AoD or EU3.
While I have EU3, I have not played it yet. It has a serious lack of nukes.

Gen.Schuermann
Posted: Friday, February 26, 2010 8:05:13 PM
 Generalfeldmarschall

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalAuthor of 9000th Post

While i really like AoD, i find the lack of strategic depth disturbing. it's good for singleplayer fun, but it is not sufficient for me in MP.

In Soviet Russia, Schuermann defeats YOU!
Anders
Posted: Saturday, February 27, 2010 2:04:41 PM
 Generalfeldmarschall

Gen.Schuermann wrote:
While i really like AoD, i find the lack of strategic depth disturbing. it's good for singleplayer fun, but it is not sufficient for me in MP.

...and if it's the Abyss scenario, you're likely to get raped for lack of diplomacy again...

King of Men wrote:
Anders is correct.

Fivoin wrote:
Yeah, Anders is right.

baronbowden wrote: