Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

War of Norwegian Aggression Talks Options · View
The Professor
Posted: Tuesday, February 23, 2010 12:10:25 AM
 General of the Army

One Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal

I can't possibly imagine France and Germany having any significant amounts of manpower remaining to prosecute the war to its conclusion at best this gives the Americans the position as "gap stopper" where you place troops to shore up the line rather then conduct proper offencives.

Careful husbanding of manpower with a defencive focus will carry the day.

Their game can only exist to be won.
Then so be it who else can see it done.
Carillons
Posted: Tuesday, February 23, 2010 12:12:11 AM
 Commander

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal

The Professor wrote:
More bs, I have never advocated annexation and in fact I am not the aggressor it was Norway who dowed me bringing in my allies and never once heard what the proper terms were aside from 'annexation'.

We are at the table seeing if we can arrange a peace that would be acceptable to everyone in preference to nuclear obliteration to both sides.

Our demands for territorial concessions stand.

Look, don't get ahead of yourself. The only reason you aren't the aggressor is that you were dowed first. Otherwise you were planning on going on the offensive, don't bullshit us please.
King of Men
Posted: Tuesday, February 23, 2010 12:25:32 AM
 Legatus legionis

Carillon raises a good point here: Recall that the EastAsian alliance requested guarantees from Oceania that Oceania would not attack EastAsia while EastAsia was at war with France and Germany. (Nor did we; our DOW was delivered 3 hours before the Frenh DOW. ) So just who is the aggressor here is not entirely obvious, eh? And anyway, what does it matter? There are no neutral powers to impress with one's shiny victimised innocence.

Read my blog.
Norway Rome The Khanate Scotland Scotinavia Christendie the Serene Republic has always been at war with the Bretons False Empire Caliphate Persians Russians English Hungarians Oceanians Saracen Jackal! Death, death, death to the Frogs barbarians infidels necromancers vodka-drinking hegemonists Sassenach nomad menace Yellow Menace heathen Great Old One!
King of Men
Posted: Tuesday, February 23, 2010 12:27:39 AM
 Legatus legionis

The Professor wrote:
I can't possibly imagine France and Germany having any significant amounts of manpower remaining to prosecute the war to its conclusion at best this gives the Americans the position as "gap stopper" where you place troops to shore up the line rather then conduct proper offencives.

Careful husbanding of manpower with a defencive focus will carry the day.

Nu. So we have the situation where France, Germany, Russia, Quebec, and Japan have effectively zero manpower and cannot conduct offensives; and Norway has plenty of manpower and can conduct offensives. You cannot win by fighting defensively, because I'm still churning out troops, which you cannot do, since you have no manpower. There is no victory without occupation of Europe; no occupation of Europe without offensive action; and no offensive action without manpower.

Read my blog.
Norway Rome The Khanate Scotland Scotinavia Christendie the Serene Republic has always been at war with the Bretons False Empire Caliphate Persians Russians English Hungarians Oceanians Saracen Jackal! Death, death, death to the Frogs barbarians infidels necromancers vodka-drinking hegemonists Sassenach nomad menace Yellow Menace heathen Great Old One!
The Professor
Posted: Tuesday, February 23, 2010 1:00:17 AM
 General of the Army

Except for the fact that we are easily able to destroy your troops with minimal manpower loss ala the destroyed archanglsk pocket.

Also due to norway breaking the nuclear treaty we call upon italy to honor its treaty obligations and to punish Norway with atomic attacks.

King of Men
Posted: Tuesday, February 23, 2010 1:09:52 AM
 Legatus legionis

There are, at the moment, no active or threatened encirclements of Allied troops. It follows that you would have to do your destruction the old-fashioned way.

Read my blog.
Carillons
Posted: Tuesday, February 23, 2010 3:28:55 AM
 Commander

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal

The Professor wrote:
Except for the fact that we are easily able to destroy your troops with minimal manpower loss ala the destroyed archanglsk pocket.

Also due to norway breaking the nuclear treaty we call upon italy to honor its treaty obligations and to punish Norway with atomic attacks.

Weren't you only able to destroy the troops once the convoys broke down? Also, I can say that your success against the other ally troops hasn't been anywhere near as decisive as you seem to think.
danomite
Posted: Tuesday, February 23, 2010 5:54:51 AM
 Tribunus laticlavius

Nukes Nukes Nukes!

It is said that the future is always born in pain. The history of war is the history of pain.
If we are wise, what is born of that pain matures into the promise of a better world,
because we learn that we can no longer afford the mistakes of the past.
The Professor
Posted: Tuesday, February 23, 2010 5:55:55 AM
 General of the Army

Carillons wrote:
Weren't you only able to destroy the troops once the convoys broke down? Also, I can say that your success against the other ally troops hasn't been anywhere near as decisive as you seem to think.

Fine whatever, the war goes on until we can make you cry uncle, come back when you have something different to say.

The Professor
Posted: Tuesday, February 23, 2010 6:31:56 AM
 General of the Army

We will I imaginebe requiring that Norway states its nuclear policy and its willingness to discuss it.

Gollevainen
Posted: Tuesday, February 23, 2010 8:55:28 AM
 Legatus legionis

One Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalAuthor of 50,000th Forum Post

In the end save, Italy's manpower still was a 4 digit numberSergeant

And As Im not a perm, and not going to sub anymore, I had the liberty to look the other's saves, and what can I say more than,
Ay, GO Italy!!!

Irsh Faq wrote:
I've noted with Golle a trend of stirring up as much drama publicly as he can whenever he's up to something shady in the background. Presumably its a smokescreen strategy.
E. Jünger
Posted: Tuesday, February 23, 2010 9:28:43 AM
 Corporal

King of Men wrote:
Nu. So we have the situation where France, Germany, Russia, Quebec, and Japan have effectively zero manpower and cannot conduct offensives; and Norway has plenty of manpower and can conduct offensives. You cannot win by fighting defensively, because I'm still churning out troops, which you cannot do, since you have no manpower. There is no victory without occupation of Europe; no occupation of Europe without offensive action; and no offensive action without manpower.

Indeed, but Shanxi has her army fully stocked, growing and pooling, also, how do you expect to supply your overseas armies when you have no convoys? I really look forward to taking scandinavia and GB from you KoM. Prevenge will be mine.

King of Men wrote:
That is true, yes. But 100 manpower just does not go very far in the current fighting conditions. Again: Nations scraping the bottom of the manpower barrel like this should not be trying to dictate far-reaching terms. Especially when the opposing alliance has a powerful uncommitted affiliate who is approaching belligerency; the Troop Transport Agreement is this timeline's equivalent of the Lend-Lease act.

Indeed, how generous of him to help transport your troops to Hel or Valhalla. I motion for Dano to rename his transports Nagelfar I, Nagelfar II, Nagelfar III, etc. The combined losses I have sustained from fighting you can be covered by two AARs and an ontime reward.

Let America know and ponder on this: there is something more frightening than Cain killing Abel, and that is Danomite killing Falador
E. Jünger
Posted: Tuesday, February 23, 2010 9:37:27 AM
 Corporal

Gollevainen wrote:

And As Im not a perm, and not going to sub anymore, I had the liberty to look the other's saves, and what can I say more than,
Ay, GO Italy!!!

Nice to hear, I would really hate for my compatriot to be scraping the bottom of the manpower pool for the rest of the game after Italianopolis burns to cinder. Besides, a victory without dangers gives no honour.

Let America know and ponder on this: there is something more frightening than Cain killing Abel, and that is Danomite killing Falador
von_Rundstedt
Posted: Tuesday, February 23, 2010 1:57:16 PM
 General

Gentlemen, stop the arrogant talks already and fight it out. Tongue

Ethiopia used to rule the Waves

E. Jünger
Posted: Tuesday, February 23, 2010 2:26:10 PM
 Corporal

von_Rundstedt wrote:
Gentlemen, stop the arrogant talks already and fight it out. Tongue

But, but, we can't we have to wait until saturday. Cry

Until then we can only talk tough, posture, AND PRANCE!

Jakalo
Posted: Tuesday, February 23, 2010 4:12:43 PM
 Hauptmann

Gollevainen wrote:

Ay, GO Italy!!!

Coming from your mouth I find it rather unbelievable, you laso claimed hat Italy is sitting on a huge pile on nuclear rockets, turns out Italy has lvl6 nuclear reactor so it has 3-5 nukes at best.
I would estimate Italian MP as 3 digit number, probably closer to 2 digits as you were so eager to gloat about it.

If you can`t do something smart, do something right.

Frosty wrote:
Great Strategic Master Jakalo.

We should all heed to deep wisdom revealed by ancient one.
Gollevainen
Posted: Tuesday, February 23, 2010 4:22:53 PM
 Legatus legionis

Quote:
you laso claimed hat Italy is sitting on a huge pile on nuclear rockets

Yeah, what a deaciving evil I must beDevil

Quote:
probably closer to 2 digits as you were so eager to gloat about it.

well if I can effect on your decissions about the basis of that, then...Thumbs Up

Irsh Faq wrote:
I've noted with Golle a trend of stirring up as much drama publicly as he can whenever he's up to something shady in the background. Presumably its a smokescreen strategy.
Foelsgaard
Posted: Tuesday, February 23, 2010 4:26:36 PM
 Colonel

E. Jünger wrote:
But, but, we can't we have to wait until saturday. Cry

Until then we can only talk tough, posture, AND PRANCE!

For a moment, I thought you wrote "AND FRANCE!", which made no sense at all.
E. Jünger
Posted: Tuesday, February 23, 2010 4:46:29 PM
 Corporal

Foelsgaard wrote:
For a moment, I thought you wrote "AND FRANCE!", which made no sense at all.

For a moment after writing 'AND PRANCE' I thought about making some kind of France-related joke, but I regained my senses in time.

King of Men
Posted: Tuesday, February 23, 2010 8:38:34 PM
 Legatus legionis

E. Jünger wrote:
Indeed, but Shanxi has her army fully stocked, growing and pooling, also, how do you expect to supply your overseas armies when you have no convoys? I really look forward to taking scandinavia and GB from you KoM. Prevenge will be mine.

They can draw on German and French supplies, if necessary.

However, posturing aside, I am not intending to demand a white peace; the situation in the field is not good for my side, after all. All I'm saying is that it's not irretrievably lost. I am prepared to cede England-south-of-Thames to Japan. (In this timeline that's practically a tradition when the Ynglings lose a war. Big Grin ) To be specific, Japan would get Cardiff-Birmingham-London-Norwich and the provinces south of that. I'm also prepared to pay tribute, that is, give Japan resources.

Read my blog.
Falador
Posted: Tuesday, February 23, 2010 9:29:20 PM
 Major

So a quick little recap...

I was playing SP and testing ways as Quebec and looking for strategy's against the AI's

and within the first month of playing time, 16 Nuclear attacks happened... 5 from the Allies and 11 from the Comintern.

Then, everything changed when the Spaniards attacked.
King of Men
Posted: Tuesday, February 23, 2010 9:37:58 PM
 Legatus legionis

Just Norway has more than 5 nukes available, so that's likely the AI being not very bright.

Read my blog.
Gollevainen
Posted: Tuesday, February 23, 2010 10:10:34 PM
 Legatus legionis

There are also considerable ammount of Italian Nukes strat redep. away from the rather likely target of Araquipa...

Irsh Faq wrote:
Foelsgaard
Posted: Tuesday, February 23, 2010 10:15:06 PM
 Colonel

Falador wrote:
So a quick little recap...

I was playing SP and testing ways as Quebec and looking for strategy's against the AI's

and within the first month of playing time, 16 Nuclear attacks happened... 5 from the Allies and 11 from the Comintern.

Isn't that sort of against the rules? I mean, are we allowed to play in SP and use the intel we gain?
Jakalo
Posted: Tuesday, February 23, 2010 10:16:53 PM
 Hauptmann

King of Men wrote:
They can draw on German and French supplies, if necessary.

However, posturing aside, I am not intending to demand a white peace; the situation in the field is not good for my side, after all. All I'm saying is that it's not irretrievably lost. I am prepared to cede England-south-of-Thames to Japan. (In this timeline that's practically a tradition when the Ynglings lose a war. Big Grin ) To be specific, Japan would get Cardiff-Birmingham-London-Norwich and the provinces south of that. I'm also prepared to pay tribute, that is, give Japan resources.

What you offer me is pitiful small teritory with no strategic depth essentially indefensible when Norway decides to go on war path again. Besides if Im to take this offer I end up with less IC and MP growth than I started this war. I do not believe I have lost this war to accept what essentially is me shrinking in size not to mention reducing the dissent.

So no I cannot accept such terms.

If you can`t do something smart, do something right.

Frosty wrote:
Great Strategic Master Jakalo.

We should all heed to deep wisdom revealed by ancient one.