Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Japan/Malaysia situation Options · View
King of Men
Posted: Saturday, February 27, 2010 7:55:58 PM
 Legatus legionis

One Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal

For those who weren't there: Golle assassinated a Malaysian minister, and Dano lost 30 effective IC as a result. Dano DOWed. There has not been much advancing, but 500 infantry divisions are no doubt getting into gear and heading for China.

So I'm not sure about this. Golle was retaliating against Malaysian spy missions, and got very lucky, or unlucky. It's not completely outside the realm of possibility that Jakalo would have done the same. Thoughts?

As a side note, Norway and Italy are staying out of the war; Dano let us fight alone last time, let his troops bleed for a change.

Read my blog.
Norway Rome The Khanate Scotland Scotinavia Christendie the Serene Republic has always been at war with the Bretons False Empire Caliphate Persians Russians English Hungarians Oceanians Saracen Jackal! Death, death, death to the Frogs barbarians infidels necromancers vodka-drinking hegemonists Sassenach nomad menace Yellow Menace heathen Great Old One!
Foelsgaard
Posted: Saturday, February 27, 2010 7:58:57 PM
 Colonel

I say, if Dano just needed a casus belli to attack, then it wasn't such a stable peace was it?
The Professor
Posted: Saturday, February 27, 2010 8:03:42 PM
 General of the Army

Thats like saying the Georgian-Russian peace wasn't very stable if all Russia needed was a CB to intervene.

Their game can only exist to be won.
Then so be it who else can see it done.
King of Men
Posted: Saturday, February 27, 2010 8:04:27 PM
 Legatus legionis

Nu, if Dano was plotting an attack anyway, that's one thing. But you'd think he'd have told his allies about it. Smile

Read my blog.
Norway Rome The Khanate Scotland Scotinavia Christendie the Serene Republic has always been at war with the Bretons False Empire Caliphate Persians Russians English Hungarians Oceanians Saracen Jackal! Death, death, death to the Frogs barbarians infidels necromancers vodka-drinking hegemonists Sassenach nomad menace Yellow Menace heathen Great Old One!
Gollevainen
Posted: Saturday, February 27, 2010 8:09:45 PM
 Legatus legionis

One Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalAuthor of 50,000th Forum Post

I did say that I will stop spy missions of other countries stop sending spies at me. After that Italy told me that he wasen't going to send anymore spies. Norway tried to assasinate one of my ministers so I retaliated (unsuccesfully) and so did Malaysia (don't recall what was his last spy mission at japan) and retaliated...and the rest is history.

Irsh Faq wrote:
I've noted with Golle a trend of stirring up as much drama publicly as he can whenever he's up to something shady in the background. Presumably its a smokescreen strategy.
Foelsgaard
Posted: Saturday, February 27, 2010 9:22:45 PM
 Colonel

The Professor wrote:
Thats like saying the Georgian-Russian peace wasn't very stable if all Russia needed was a CB to intervene.

Well... Was it?
The Professor
Posted: Sunday, February 28, 2010 12:48:30 AM
 General of the Army

If Georgia didn't invade South Ossetia killing Russian peacekeepers and citizens then Russia wouldn't have intervened.

King of Men
Posted: Sunday, February 28, 2010 2:45:02 AM
 Legatus legionis

Gollevainen wrote:
I did say that I will stop spy missions of other countries stop sending spies at me. After that Italy told me that he wasen't going to send anymore spies. Norway tried to assasinate one of my ministers so I retaliated (unsuccesfully) and so did Malaysia (don't recall what was his last spy mission at japan) and retaliated...and the rest is history.

I dispatched assassins in retaliation for your assassins attacking my ally Germany.

Read my blog.
The Professor
Posted: Sunday, February 28, 2010 3:39:59 AM
 General of the Army

The point is assasinating a minister is a irreversible event that can have a real effect on a nation, Dano lost his 10% IC guy, I would be pissed if this happened to me and really even an unsuccessful assasination is a casus beli a casus beli golle if you didn't know means you have the right to DOW the upstart thats pissing you off, and when your pissing someone off whose several times your size it is a really really bad idea becasuse not only can he act on it but he can win when otherwise he would have stayed neutral.

Jakalo
Posted: Sunday, February 28, 2010 10:45:27 AM
 Hauptmann

What does Malaysia wants for peace?

If you can`t do something smart, do something right.

Frosty wrote:
Great Strategic Master Jakalo.

We should all heed to deep wisdom revealed by ancient one.
Jakalo
Posted: Sunday, February 28, 2010 11:48:18 AM
 Hauptmann

And as a side note why did Golle played Japan, he admitted looking through the save games, has fought against Japan countless times and demonstrated total disregard to perms line of diplomacy. (as in Italys nukes) Even AI couldnt have made a mess like this.

Frosty wrote:

Gollevainen
Posted: Sunday, February 28, 2010 11:57:59 AM
 Legatus legionis

Quote:
And as a side note why did Golle played Japan, he admitted looking through the save games, has fought against Japan countless times and demonstrated total disregard to perms line of diplomacy. (as in Italys nukes) Even AI couldnt have made a mess like this.

Admitted looking trough savegames? Jesus...I've looked savegames only when playig the saves as either subbing Italy or Japan...You want to accuse someone Jakalo, accuse Dano as he was the one who dowed your ally. All Japan did was helping his ally, pushing Malaysia back in China.

Now if I would have wanted to do some damage for your country, it would have been very easy, just give "slip" away few interesting and cruisal informations, or accidenttally put most of my troops to a transportships and send them to the wolfs...or launching all your nukes to some meaningless provinces. But I didn't. Now reading what you wrote, I feel sorry that I didn't...

If you don't want someone to sub you, stick in the game and don't go away...

Irsh Faq wrote:
I've noted with Golle a trend of stirring up as much drama publicly as he can whenever he's up to something shady in the background. Presumably its a smokescreen strategy.
Gollevainen
Posted: Sunday, February 28, 2010 12:01:40 PM
 Legatus legionis

Quote:
The point is assasinating a minister is a irreversible event that can have a real effect on a nation, Dano lost his 10% IC guy, I would be pissed if this happened to me and really even an unsuccessful assasination is a casus beli a casus beli golle if you didn't know means you have the right to DOW the upstart thats pissing you off, and when your pissing someone off whose several times your size it is a really really bad idea becasuse not only can he act on it but he can win when otherwise he would have stayed neutral.

Now what would you rant about if that didn't happen and Dano would still dowed you? You see my assasination didn't give anything but publically accepted CB to Dano, the reasons and needs to attack where somewhere else. And like I said, I told everyone that if they kept sending spies to Japan, I would retaliate.

Irsh Faq wrote:
Jakalo
Posted: Sunday, February 28, 2010 12:40:38 PM
 Hauptmann

Gollevainen wrote:
Admitted looking trough savegames? Jesus...I've looked savegames only when playig the saves as either subbing Italy or Japan...You want to accuse someone Jakalo, accuse Dano as he was the one who dowed your ally. All Japan did was helping his ally, pushing Malaysia back in China.

Now if I would have wanted to do some damage for your country, it would have been very easy, just give "slip" away few interesting and cruisal informations, or accidenttally put most of my troops to a transportships and send them to the wolfs...or launching all your nukes to some meaningless provinces. But I didn't. Now reading what you wrote, I feel sorry that I didn't...

If you don't want someone to sub you, stick in the game and don't go away...

Gollevainen wrote:
In the end save, Italy's manpower still was a 4 digit numberSergeant

And As Im not a perm, and not going to sub anymore, I had the liberty to look the other's saves, and what can I say more than,
Ay, GO Italy!!!

As for the rest what you said I wont even comment.

Frosty wrote:

Jakalo
Posted: Sunday, February 28, 2010 12:43:33 PM
 Hauptmann

Gollevainen wrote:
Now what would you rant about if that didn't happen and Dano would still dowed you? You see my assasination didn't give anything but publically accepted CB to Dano, the reasons and needs to attack where somewhere else. And like I said, I told everyone that if they kept sending spies to Japan, I would retaliate.

I dont know what you mean by sending spies, but there is difference between openly hostile actions like assassinate minister or sabotage nuke and merely profitable like steal blueprint.

Frosty wrote:

Gollevainen
Posted: Sunday, February 28, 2010 1:46:39 PM
 Legatus legionis

Well like I said, should have left me some instructionsWink Last malaysian spy mission at me was attempt of assasination, or at least I recall it was, someone could check it from the logs.

During this game, most of us have had bit obscure subs...Subs tends to do stuff which the perms wouldn't do. We have had cases where the subs have almoust wrecked some nations even if given instructions. So you really shouldn't be complaining...Japan is in good shape, and just begun to figh. Malaysian troops seemed to be rather easy prey so you will do fine. And I even gaved your ships more manly names!!!!!

Irsh Faq wrote:
The Professor
Posted: Sunday, February 28, 2010 8:08:45 PM
 General of the Army

Gollevainen wrote:
Well like I said, should have left me some instructionsWink

EXCEPT WE DID!! We said at the VERY VERY FRIGGIN START "DONT PISS OFF DANO"

and then you did anyways! So we told you to stop! And then you kept on going!!!

Ulmont
Posted: Sunday, February 28, 2010 8:24:21 PM
 Major General

The Professor wrote:

This is true.
Ulmont
Posted: Sunday, February 28, 2010 8:40:16 PM
 Major General

I have to say, though, my impression was that Danomite was pretty much ready to DoW anyway, mostly in the direction of Russia, and was looking for any excuse, so I don't know that anything Gollevainen did mattered.
Foelsgaard
Posted: Sunday, February 28, 2010 9:04:39 PM
 Colonel

The Professor wrote:

Piss off the bear or not, it's still going to eat you when it's hungry.
E. Jünger
Posted: Sunday, February 28, 2010 9:14:06 PM
 Corporal

Ulmont wrote:
I have to say, though, my impression was that Danomite was pretty much ready to DoW anyway, mostly in the direction of Russia, and was looking for any excuse, so I don't know that anything Gollevainen did mattered.

Yes, situations of 'moral outrage' is often used as a pretense for starting a war you were planning anyways, but still, that is quite an unmilitarized zone facing he advancing Shanxi army.

Let America know and ponder on this: there is something more frightening than Cain killing Abel, and that is Danomite killing Falador
The Professor
Posted: Sunday, February 28, 2010 9:49:21 PM
 General of the Army

Foelsgaard wrote:
Piss off the bear or not, it's still going to eat you when it's hungry.

Doubtful, at worst we would have had more time.

Gollevainen
Posted: Sunday, February 28, 2010 11:01:22 PM
 Legatus legionis

I recall that I had to ask timeout so I could eat my dinner in peace as Dano gave indications he was going to attack right from the start of my subbing...

And like Ulmont said, Dano was going to attack Russia. If I provoked Dano, it was becouse he provoked me to provoke him...Big Grin

And as for the "instructions", sorry to break this to you Blayne but you have the nasty habbit of twisting facts and what you think should be the facts together so who knew what Japan wanted...all I could now he wanted Dano to attack youWink

Irsh Faq wrote:
The Professor
Posted: Sunday, February 28, 2010 11:40:53 PM
 General of the Army

Except both me and Ulmont said the same thing don't piss off dano, this would have been easily confirmed by asking around you didn't, you just ingored us and did your own thing.

danomite
Posted: Sunday, February 28, 2010 11:49:55 PM
 Tribunus laticlavius

Gollevainen wrote:
I recall that I had to ask timeout so I could eat my dinner in peace as Dano gave indications he was going to attack right from the start of my subbing...

And like Ulmont said, Dano was going to attack Russia. If I provoked Dano, it was becouse he provoked me to provoke him...Big Grin

And as for the "instructions", sorry to break this to you Blayne but you have the nasty habbit of twisting facts and what you think should be the facts together so who knew what Japan wanted...all I could now he wanted Dano to attack youWink
I was kidding i didnt want to start a war, but killing of my ministers screw it im taking that missing IC and then some from all the provoking members (Russia, China and Japan)

It is said that the future is always born in pain. The history of war is the history of pain.
If we are wise, what is born of that pain matures into the promise of a better world,
because we learn that we can no longer afford the mistakes of the past.