Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Edit requests for session March 6th Options · View
King of Men
Posted: Saturday, February 27, 2010 7:57:23 PM
 Legatus legionis

One Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal

Norway: Add tech 'Modern Static Anti-air', which I researched but lost to lag.

I suggest we go back to Dano as host; he drops out occasionally but doesn't lag.

Read my blog.
Norway Rome The Khanate Scotland Scotinavia Christendie the Serene Republic has always been at war with the Bretons False Empire Caliphate Persians Russians English Hungarians Oceanians Saracen Jackal! Death, death, death to the Frogs barbarians infidels necromancers vodka-drinking hegemonists Sassenach nomad menace Yellow Menace heathen Great Old One!
The Professor
Posted: Saturday, February 27, 2010 8:04:29 PM
 General of the Army

He lags as well, your just not really remembering it right.

Their game can only exist to be won.
Then so be it who else can see it done.
Carillons
Posted: Saturday, February 27, 2010 11:03:23 PM
 Commander

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal

Noo I don't think so, at least not as much. It was really bad in parts Blayne.
Foelsgaard
Posted: Saturday, February 27, 2010 11:10:32 PM
 Colonel

Dano didn't lag nearly as much IIRC.

I don't know what is required to host but I think I might be able. I rarely drop and have a pretty good connection. Only problem is that it is often shared by a few roomies playing WoW.
Ulmont
Posted: Saturday, February 27, 2010 11:10:46 PM
 Major General

Carillons wrote:
Noo I don't think so, at least not as much. It was really bad in parts Blayne.

Yes, it was very bad on the Shanxi / Malaysian front right as the war was starting.
Falador
Posted: Tuesday, March 02, 2010 6:04:56 PM
 Major

WP on Malaysia or Japan Which ever my AI dowed.

Needs which ever I'm fighting to confirm.

Then, everything changed when the Spaniards attacked.
King of Men
Posted: Tuesday, March 02, 2010 7:14:40 PM
 Legatus legionis

No need to do that by edit, you can just make a separate peace ingame. That aside, I must say I'm really disappointed in the fighting spirit of the formerly-great Bretons. Sad

Read my blog.
Norway Rome The Khanate Scotland Scotinavia Christendie the Serene Republic has always been at war with the Bretons False Empire Caliphate Persians Russians English Hungarians Oceanians Saracen Jackal! Death, death, death to the Frogs barbarians infidels necromancers vodka-drinking hegemonists Sassenach nomad menace Yellow Menace heathen Great Old One!
Ulmont
Posted: Tuesday, March 02, 2010 7:58:36 PM
 Major General

King of Men wrote:
That aside, I must say I'm really disappointed in the fighting spirit of the formerly-great Bretons. Sad

It's very sad.
The Professor
Posted: Wednesday, March 03, 2010 3:36:18 AM
 General of the Army

Falador wrote:
WP on Malaysia or Japan Which ever my AI dowed.

Needs which ever I'm fighting to confirm.

Your still fighting France right?

Jakalo
Posted: Wednesday, March 03, 2010 10:38:59 AM
 Hauptmann

I would like my ARM/MOT corps restored instead of three MECs, I can keep them though, no problem.

unit IDs

id = 2036
id = 23583
id = 30429
id = 37389
id = 28619
id = 28620
id = 28622
id = 23581
id = 23579

If you can`t do something smart, do something right.

Frosty wrote:
Great Strategic Master Jakalo.

We should all heed to deep wisdom revealed by ancient one.
danomite
Posted: Thursday, March 04, 2010 11:24:44 PM
 Tribunus laticlavius

Restoration of the minister killed by a rogue sub who wishes to destroy the game...

It is said that the future is always born in pain. The history of war is the history of pain.
If we are wise, what is born of that pain matures into the promise of a better world,
because we learn that we can no longer afford the mistakes of the past.
Foelsgaard
Posted: Thursday, March 04, 2010 11:32:34 PM
 Colonel

Restoration of my army, lost by a rogue sub wishing to destroy the game.
The Professor
Posted: Thursday, March 04, 2010 11:37:07 PM
 General of the Army

danomite wrote:
Restoration of the minister killed by a rogue sub who wishes to destroy the game...

Dano has stated I think that this is the sole reason for him going to war and since it was from a substitute player who steadfastly and stubburnly refused to our instructions and the perms wishes to not do this I feel that there is an adequate case for fixing this by edit as the perm would never do this and if we had a more competant sub would not have done it either.

danomite
Posted: Thursday, March 04, 2010 11:38:42 PM
 Tribunus laticlavius

Foelsgaard wrote:
Restoration of my army, lost by a rogue sub wishing to destroy the game.
I don't recall any sub doing that to you... where as golle seems to have gone it with the direct purpose of hurting my nation...
The difference would be a sub who subs france in a war, defends the country in good faith, vs golle purposely trying to start a war, ignoring allies, and causing lasting damage to the game.

It is said that the future is always born in pain. The history of war is the history of pain.
If we are wise, what is born of that pain matures into the promise of a better world,
Jakalo
Posted: Thursday, March 04, 2010 11:48:31 PM
 Hauptmann

Japan offers to send Fujiwara Ginjiro, an administrative genius to a lifetime appointmen in Malaysia.

If you can`t do something smart, do something right.

Frosty wrote:
Great Strategic Master Jakalo.

We should all heed to deep wisdom revealed by ancient one.
danomite
Posted: Friday, March 05, 2010 12:36:34 AM
 Tribunus laticlavius

Jakalo wrote:
Japan offers to send Fujiwara Ginjiro, an administrative genius to a lifetime appointmen in Malaysia.
That would be acceptable, if KoM agrees.

Foelsgaard
Posted: Friday, March 05, 2010 12:39:11 AM
 Colonel

danomite wrote:
I don't recall any sub doing that to you... where as golle seems to have gone it with the direct purpose of hurting my nation...
The difference would be a sub who subs france in a war, defends the country in good faith, vs golle purposely trying to start a war, ignoring allies, and causing lasting damage to the game.

Well, of course he did it to hurt your nation One Tooth Grin. He wasn't subbing you remember?

It's just that there seems to be few guidelines for what subs are supposed to do when subbing. Are they supposed to sit tight and do nothing except what the real players tell them? Or do they get a free hand to do what they please except purposely crippling their country? What does the GM say?

In my opinion subs' actions should count except in obviously self-destructive cases (such as Anders declaring war on every other country) or when going against the explicit instructions of the perm.
danomite
Posted: Friday, March 05, 2010 12:47:01 AM
 Tribunus laticlavius

Foelsgaard wrote:
Well, of course he did it to hurt your nation One Tooth Grin. He wasn't subbing you remember?

It's just that there seems to be few guidelines for what subs are supposed to do when subbing. Are they supposed to sit tight and do nothing except what the real players tell them? Or do they get a free hand to do what they please except purposely crippling their country? What does the GM say?

In my opinion subs' actions should count except in obviously self-destructive cases (such as Anders declaring war on every other country) or when going against the explicit instructions of the perm.

This is throwing any relations established by myself and japan out the window and forcing a conflict between us, an attempt to get back at me for the wars against him in the past. Imo defeated players should NOT be allowed to sub others countries as they almost always bring grudges with them!

Varyar
Posted: Friday, March 05, 2010 12:47:47 AM
 Centurion

Foelsgaard wrote:

For the next game I'd like a discussion on possible rules regarding the use of subs for warfare á la the Georgian attack on Brittany in EU3. The original player was absent and just happened to have EU3-veteran Elcyion subbing...
King of Men
Posted: Friday, March 05, 2010 2:33:55 AM
 Legatus legionis

I did consider editing back Dano's minister (which presumably would end the war), but decided against it on the grounds that generally people have had to put up with what happens when they can't make it to the session, whether sub or AI. (Absent gods know what the AI has done to Quebec, for example.) I also tend to believe that Golle was not trying to destroy anyone's nation, but just picking a retaliatory spy mission at random, and then having sheesh-would-you-believe-it luck with the rolls. I generally get probabilities around 5% of successful assassination. (If I thought Golle had been deliberately trying to destroy Japan, I would roll back his actions and ban him from subbing. Bad or unlucky play, however, does not malign intent make.) Moving the Japanese minister seems to be a rather similar solution to editing back the dead guy, so I'm ruling against it on the same grounds.

On another subject, I think that not having former players as subs would be rather too limiting. But some guidelines on what can and cannot be done by subs would likely be useful. "No starting wars on your own" would probably be the overriding one. I don't know that I'd want to micromanage at the level of "No assassinations or other spy-mission provocations", though. Nobody wants to be a sub if ghosting the nation would have the same effect.

Read my blog.
Foelsgaard
Posted: Friday, March 05, 2010 2:37:46 AM
 Colonel

Also, it probably wouldn't be a bad idea to give some explicit instructions to your subs. That way we can spot the bad subs (as in, those who don't follow instructions) more easily.
Ulmont
Posted: Friday, March 05, 2010 2:41:49 AM
 Major General

Foelsgaard wrote:
Also, it probably wouldn't be a bad idea to give some explicit instructions to your subs. That way we can spot the bad subs (as in, those who don't follow instructions) more easily.

Well, sure. But when you say "oh, damn, I have to leave soon," you get what you get.
Foelsgaard
Posted: Friday, March 05, 2010 4:24:11 AM
 Colonel

Ulmont wrote:
Well, sure. But when you say "oh, damn, I have to leave soon," you get what you get.

My point exactly. Wink
The Professor
Posted: Friday, March 05, 2010 5:05:35 AM
 General of the Army

Quote:
Moving the Japanese minister seems to be a rather similar solution to editing back the dead guy, so I'm ruling against it on the same grounds.

They are completely different situations, one is editing back a minister because we felt the sub was acting against orders and the other is a consential agreement to end the war akin to editing provinces without having to edit provinces, we aren't restoring anything or one to life simply transfering a minister from country a to country b, just because the end effect is the same doesn't mean their reasonings for doing it or the action itself is the same.

I think me, Junger and Jakalo should insist on getting the minister edit as its the ONLY solution to end the war that allows the balance of power to remain roughly the same. Losing any provinces would irreversibly shift the balance to the Allies and making playing pointless as the enemy alliance is currently twice as strong as us.

danomite
Posted: Friday, March 05, 2010 5:06:08 AM
 Tribunus laticlavius

King of Men wrote:
I did consider editing back Dano's minister (which presumably would end the war), but decided against it on the grounds that generally people have had to put up with what happens when they can't make it to the session, whether sub or AI. (Absent gods know what the AI has done to Quebec, for example.) I also tend to believe that Golle was not trying to destroy anyone's nation, but just picking a retaliatory spy mission at random, and then having sheesh-would-you-believe-it luck with the rolls. I generally get probabilities around 5% of successful assassination. (If I thought Golle had been deliberately trying to destroy Japan, I would roll back his actions and ban him from subbing. Bad or unlucky play, however, does not malign intent make.) Moving the Japanese minister seems to be a rather similar solution to editing back the dead guy, so I'm ruling against it on the same grounds.

On another subject, I think that not having former players as subs would be rather too limiting. But some guidelines on what can and cannot be done by subs would likely be useful. "No starting wars on your own" would probably be the overriding one. I don't know that I'd want to micromanage at the level of "No assassinations or other spy-mission provocations", though. Nobody wants to be a sub if ghosting the nation would have the same effect.

But generally when we have a sub or ai its damaging to the host nation, not his neighbors, in this case it was targeted damages which have no real way of recuperating from. I can understand the use of these spy missions in war times, but in peace with no valid reason to do so, is just a slap in the face, and then kom saying QQ, well lets just say I have a long memory.
At this point I feel like returning the favor with nuclear arms, in all directions and blaming a rogue officer...