Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Monday Game XIV AAR Options · View
Hytzon
Posted: Tuesday, May 04, 2010 12:41:51 AM
 Brigadier General

One Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal

Joined: 3/8/2007
Posts: 1,199
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Raeder reports that he skillfully managed to engage and defeat a British cruiser fleet around the Azores with his "rag tag" fleet.
Imagine what a fully equipped Kriegsmarine could do...



You can't say civilization don't advance - for in every war, they kill you in a new way.
Forgiven
Posted: Tuesday, May 04, 2010 11:06:25 AM
 Pilus prior

One Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal

Joined: 8/1/2009
Posts: 1,097
Location: Up north (cet+1)
Code:
Jap Ger Ita Axis class Uk USA Fra Allies
1   0   0   1     CV    2   1   0    3
0   0   0   0     CVL   2   0   0    2
0   2   5   7     BB   10   4   0   14
0   4   0   4     BC    3   0   0    5
11  4   7   22    CA    7  14   0   26
12  4   11  27    CL   20  12   0   39
0   1   14  15    DD   14   4   3   28
4   5   10  19    SS    3  14  11   33
14  2   3   19    TP   17   0   5   30


Yarn, damn the allied minors have lost lot of ships Angel Grin

Absolute power corrupts absolutely. Which is a problem, if you are powerless.
Fiendix
Posted: Tuesday, May 04, 2010 1:17:21 PM
 Pilus prior
One Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal

Joined: 4/25/2008
Posts: 1,017


anybody have ideas why my cags sat on the decks and didnt fight??? They should be at least defending...

At least the battle ended with 1 sunk jap CV vs 2 usa light crusiers.

Did I get anything on the TPs?
Ederon
Posted: Tuesday, May 04, 2010 1:32:08 PM
 Field Major


Joined: 2/28/2007
Posts: 5,949
Location: Heart of Europe
Fiendix wrote:
anybody have ideas why my cags sat on the decks and didnt fight??? They should be at least defending...

This may have been some kind of weird display bug or something because as far as I can tell, your CAGs fought. I had the impression mine did not.

Quote:
Did I get anything on the TPs?

Well, I won't tell you just for the sake of those men who lost their lives to what? Rehost? Rolleyes

And I'm really curious what caused Japanese CAGs to be 36 org after rehost when looking at the autosave, they were full org. Felix, got this? Wink
Fiendix
Posted: Tuesday, May 04, 2010 1:37:11 PM
 Pilus prior
One Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal

Joined: 4/25/2008
Posts: 1,017
yea well it says mine are resting... Paradox needs to look into this..

I think traks saved dureing the battle. It would be interesting - after the game - to load up as japan and usa and see whos display said what..
Forgiven
Posted: Tuesday, May 04, 2010 1:48:49 PM
 Pilus prior

One Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal

Joined: 8/1/2009
Posts: 1,097
Location: Up north (cet+1)
Wish you had a shot of the 'Bombing of Aua-Wuvulu Passage', then you could see if your planes were in the air....

Also dunno how well a shot up carrier still works as landing strip (the 0 org ones, were all your cag's like that or only the ones shown?)

Absolute power corrupts absolutely. Which is a problem, if you are powerless.
Ederon
Posted: Tuesday, May 04, 2010 1:50:42 PM
 Field Major


Joined: 2/28/2007
Posts: 5,949
Location: Heart of Europe
Fiendix wrote:
I think traks saved dureing the battle. It would be interesting - after the game - to load up as japan and usa and see whos display said what..

I'm talking about 1st Feb autosave. Japan founght no battles at that time, certainly not with all carrier fleets. All Japanese CAGs had full org at the time of save. After load, they were all at around 35 org. Every single CAG. So it must be some glitch.
Fiendix
Posted: Tuesday, May 04, 2010 2:13:32 PM
 Pilus prior
One Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal

Joined: 4/25/2008
Posts: 1,017
Forgiven wrote:
Wish you had a shot of the 'Bombing of Aua-Wuvulu Passage', then you could see if your planes were in the air....


the tooltip shows who was in the battle you write above. It was your cags vs my fleet. My cags were on the decks doing nothing (at least on my display) - thus my long pause as I had no idea what was going on...

Forgiven wrote:

Also dunno how well a shot up carrier still works as landing strip (the 0 org ones, were all your cag's like that or only the ones shown?)


all my cags had 75% org. With regard to cvs with zero org - I think that its stats are not used in battle - however the cags do still fight as they have org. On the other hand cags with zero org dont fight whilst the cvs(if they have org) still to (with their /cv/ stats BUT with the range of the cags.Crazy )

Daniel wrote:

I'm talking about 1st Feb autosave. Japan founght no battles at that time, certainly not with all carrier fleets. All Japanese CAGs had full org at the time of save. After load, they were all at around 35 org. Every single CAG. So it must be some glitch. None of them seemed to be in combat at the moment of the screen.


I dont remember if we had the same with usa - but i do remember that on one reload the french fleet I have had 0 org.
Ederon
Posted: Tuesday, May 04, 2010 2:32:47 PM
 Field Major


Joined: 2/28/2007
Posts: 5,949
Location: Heart of Europe
Fiendix wrote:
I dont remember if we had the same with usa - but i do remember that on one reload the french fleet I have had 0 org.

We might want to test this purposely, but based on what we experience this session and what you say, there is some issue resetting organization of fleets/CAGs after rehost.
Hytzon
Posted: Tuesday, May 04, 2010 2:51:58 PM
 Brigadier General

One Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal

Joined: 3/8/2007
Posts: 1,199
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Fiendix wrote:
the tooltip shows who was in the battle you write above. It was your cags vs my fleet. My cags were on the decks doing nothing (at least on my display) - thus my long pause as I had no idea what was going on.


Well there are 2 air battles, one in which JAPs are bombing and the other one is an intercept battle. Afaik you get 4 bombing rounds per day, it may be that you took the screenshot when you were simply not bombing but waiting for the next round. Btw. I don't think you can trust the "resting" part.


You can't say civilization don't advance - for in every war, they kill you in a new way.
Fiendix
Posted: Tuesday, May 04, 2010 2:57:28 PM
 Pilus prior
One Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal

Joined: 4/25/2008
Posts: 1,017
no, there is ONLY 1 air battle. Japan bombing me. There was no I bombing them that I noticed.

the second battle is fleet vs fleet.
Orthank
Posted: Tuesday, May 04, 2010 3:03:59 PM
 1st Lieutenant
One Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal

Joined: 1/22/2009
Posts: 184
Location: Wilanów
My carrier fleet was first in combat with the Japanese transport fleet, the battle with Japanese carriers start right after that (after few hours) perhaps that is why our CAGs were resting in the first battle with IJN.

I saw that Japanese hit us first, my carriers lost much of their organisation immediatelly. Result of the second combat was better for us. Japanese fleet got hit from our cags. There was also a short third battle, after that one both fleets were damaged, some units sunk.

Composition of my fleet was quite poor, but lesson was learned, some more expierience. Hope to see better results next time.
Fiendix
Posted: Tuesday, May 04, 2010 3:09:53 PM
 Pilus prior
One Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal

Joined: 4/25/2008
Posts: 1,017
the previous battle happened on the 7th IIRC so 2 days before this battle.
If you note from the time of this screen our planes were on cag from 20:00 to 24:00 then it was the japanese turn. Maybe we just didnt notice and it is a 4 hrs us and 4 hrs them. The first one is decided one side suprises the other..?
Ederon
Posted: Tuesday, May 04, 2010 8:44:11 PM
 Field Major


Joined: 2/28/2007
Posts: 5,949
Location: Heart of Europe
So, here are animated maps for session 3

Europe


India and East
Ederon
Posted: Tuesday, May 04, 2010 9:04:17 PM
 Field Major


Joined: 2/28/2007
Posts: 5,949
Location: Heart of Europe
For session 4

Europe


India and East
Forgiven
Posted: Tuesday, May 04, 2010 9:06:31 PM
 Pilus prior

One Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal

Joined: 8/1/2009
Posts: 1,097
Location: Up north (cet+1)
Thankyou Thumbs Up

Absolute power corrupts absolutely. Which is a problem, if you are powerless.
Ederon
Posted: Tuesday, May 04, 2010 9:15:13 PM
 Field Major


Joined: 2/28/2007
Posts: 5,949
Location: Heart of Europe
For session 5 I have far less images, maybe half the number of other sessions. But given overall lack of progress, it doesn't matter that much.

Europe


India and East
teamgene
Posted: Tuesday, May 04, 2010 11:12:22 PM
 Lieutenant Colonel

One Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal

Joined: 11/3/2009
Posts: 588
Location: Texas
Daniel wrote:
Well, I won't tell you just for the sake of those men who lost their lives to what? Rehost? Rolleyes

And I'm really curious what caused Japanese CAGs to be 36 org after rehost when looking at the autosave, they were full org. Felix, got this? Wink


From what Felix shows, their CAGs did not suffer this. If it was just the carrier fleet that engaged the US that had CAGs at 36 ORG, I would have just considered that the ORG was lost on the amphib invasion. But, our second carrier fleet also had CAG's at 36 ORG and it had just left port a few days before restart.

Now one of our CAG's stationed at an airfield did still show full ORG.
Ederon
Posted: Tuesday, May 04, 2010 11:17:45 PM
 Field Major


Joined: 2/28/2007
Posts: 5,949
Location: Heart of Europe
teamgene wrote:
From what Felix shows, their CAGs did not suffer this. If it was just the carrier fleet that engaged the US that had CAGs at 36 ORG, I would have just considered that the ORG was lost on the amphib invasion. But, our second carrier fleet also had CAG's at 36 ORG and it had just left port a few days before restart.

Same applied to Indian carrier fleet, which was also idle for whole session. So it was definitely bug.
teamgene
Posted: Wednesday, May 05, 2010 11:16:27 AM
 Lieutenant Colonel

One Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal

Joined: 11/3/2009
Posts: 588
Location: Texas
Your right it is bugged! I just tested our save game. Ran it for 7 days. The CAG in 'single player' mode begin to regain org beyond 35 % by December 7 they were around 48 org. Next I saved on December 7, quit and then restarted from December 7 save. Japanese CAG's are again at 35 ORG not 48 org that was saved!!!!

I
Ederon
Posted: Wednesday, May 05, 2010 11:23:00 AM
 Field Major


Joined: 2/28/2007
Posts: 5,949
Location: Heart of Europe
Fiendix/Felix/Orthank/Hytzon - did you notice anything like this with your carrier(s)? My guess is it affects everyone, I'd just like to confirm it. And then post it as bug in PI forum. Unless you already did mention it behind the curtain Felix
Hytzon
Posted: Wednesday, May 05, 2010 11:34:19 AM
 Brigadier General

One Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal

Joined: 3/8/2007
Posts: 1,199
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
I have not noticed this behavior, but Graf Zeppelin have not been doing much else than staying in a safe harbor... I didn't see it in our previous game either, but on the other hand I didn't really look for it...

You can't say civilization don't advance - for in every war, they kill you in a new way.
Ederon
Posted: Wednesday, May 05, 2010 11:38:38 AM
 Field Major


Joined: 2/28/2007
Posts: 5,949
Location: Heart of Europe
Previous game was previous patch, so it's possible it wasn't present there.
teamgene
Posted: Wednesday, May 05, 2010 11:41:43 AM
 Lieutenant Colonel

One Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal

Joined: 11/3/2009
Posts: 588
Location: Texas
Hytzon wrote:
I have not noticed this behavior, but Graf Zeppelin have not been doing much else than staying in a safe harbor... I didn't see it in our previous game either, but on the other hand I didn't really look for it...


You have to actually click on the CAG to see it. The bars on the cags listed below the ships will not show the reduced org.
Fiendix
Posted: Wednesday, May 05, 2010 11:59:21 AM
 Pilus prior
One Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal

Joined: 4/25/2008
Posts: 1,017
teamgene wrote:
You have to actually click on the CAG to see it. The bars on the cags listed below the ships will not show the reduced org.


i think it has to do something with the leadership - as in test games in sp my carriers always are at full org, but the default leadership was 99%. So maybe that has effect?
Users browsing this topic
Guest


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Powered by Yet Another Forum.net version 1.9.0 (NET v2.0) - 10/10/2006
Copyright © 2003-2006 Yet Another Forum.net. All rights reserved.
Copyright © 2005-2007 Daniel "Lord Ederon" Scibrany. All rights reserved.