Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Cruise missiles appear useless Options · View
King of Men
Posted: Tuesday, April 06, 2010 4:30:17 AM
 Legatus legionis

One Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal

I've done some testing. It appears that cruise missiles, the level-2 flying bombs (and the same for level-3 flying bombs, the tactical nuclear missiles) cannot be used for any mission other than nukes, for which we already have quite excellent ICBMs. In other words, their hard-attack and soft-attack values are meaningless. This is rather annoying since I've spent quite a bit of research time getting to them. This seems to be a bug in the Cold War mod, but is probably not fixable, since the limits on what missions a unit can do are hardcoded. Does anyone object if I edit to give these flying bombs the same strategic-attack ability (90) that the lowest level, the original V1s, have? This would at least make them marginally useful for something.

Read my blog.
Norway Rome The Khanate Scotland Scotinavia Christendie the Serene Republic has always been at war with the Bretons False Empire Caliphate Persians Russians English Hungarians Oceanians Saracen Jackal! Death, death, death to the Frogs barbarians infidels necromancers vodka-drinking hegemonists Sassenach nomad menace Yellow Menace heathen Great Old One!
Varyar
Posted: Tuesday, April 06, 2010 1:27:04 PM
 Centurion

Sure, go ahead.
Carillons
Posted: Tuesday, April 06, 2010 5:39:30 PM
 Commander

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal

Can't you just make them say tactical bombs? Similar to what tac bombers would do?
King of Men
Posted: Tuesday, April 06, 2010 6:21:28 PM
 Legatus legionis

I'm not sure I understand your suggestion. As far as I can tell, the Ground Attack and Interdiction missions are not available to missile-type units even if they have hard and soft attack values. (I tested this yesterday, editing my V1-3s to have hard and soft attacks and seeing what missions they could do; no Ground Attack, no Interdiction.) As for editing them to be of a different type entirely, then they wouldn't be fire-and-forget anymore, and would be way too good for the IC paid for them. (Unless their attack strengths were very low, of course. But I really don't want to try getting into balancing them this close to the end.)

Read my blog.
Norway Rome The Khanate Scotland Scotinavia Christendie the Serene Republic has always been at war with the Bretons False Empire Caliphate Persians Russians English Hungarians Oceanians Saracen Jackal! Death, death, death to the Frogs barbarians infidels necromancers vodka-drinking hegemonists Sassenach nomad menace Yellow Menace heathen Great Old One!