Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Members | Log In

Monday Game XIV - Session 5, May 3rd Options · View
Ederon
Posted: Monday, May 03, 2010 1:03:41 PM
 Field Major

I have new router, which means I need to test my settings prior to session. Would anybody be so nice to help me out with this? (so we try to join each other to verify my setting) 15 minutes before game start should suffice.
Gen.Schuermann
Posted: Monday, May 03, 2010 2:30:19 PM
 Generalfeldmarschall

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalAuthor of 9000th Post

I should be able to test with you.
If i remember to do so, that is One Tooth Grin

In Soviet Russia, Schuermann defeats YOU!
Ederon
Posted: Monday, May 03, 2010 6:43:00 PM
 Field Major

If I'm not mistaken, we are scheduled to start in about 20 minutes. I'll be up in about 10 minutes, should anybody be there to test me.
Forgiven
Posted: Monday, May 03, 2010 6:44:05 PM
 Pilus prior

One Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership Medal

I'll reboot first, I should come back by then.

Absolute power corrupts absolutely. Which is a problem, if you are powerless.
Traks
Posted: Monday, May 03, 2010 6:48:52 PM
 Centurion

TO put IP on time:
Gen.Schuermann
Posted: Monday, May 03, 2010 6:49:12 PM
 Generalfeldmarschall

Forum Supporter Medal 1st ClassOne Year Membership MedalTwo Year Membership MedalAuthor of 9000th Post

188.96.171.33 my IP for testing.

Ederon
Posted: Monday, May 03, 2010 7:04:08 PM
 Field Major

Hmm, I've joined Trak's game, but couldn't join yours Felix. I suppose it means you're not hosting and that I might be good already.
Forgiven
Posted: Tuesday, May 04, 2010 12:16:11 AM
 Pilus prior

Weird session, didn't annex anyone.

Ederon
Posted: Tuesday, May 04, 2010 12:18:19 AM
 Field Major

Yeah, weird. Pretty smooth despite one hiccup.

EDIT: And before I forgot - there seems to be one bug. It's true nature is yet to be disclosed, but after rehost (that autosave), all Japanese CAGs had halved (+-) organization. First I though it's just one fleet out of org, but then I noticed all were at the same level.
Forgiven
Posted: Tuesday, May 04, 2010 12:22:51 AM
 Pilus prior

I had real issues with supply, luckily that 'let's reset these convoys' helped...
But I'm still bit baffled, I'll shared with you, that my current supply in alexandria is ~10k supplies and some 20k fuel, now this would be no big thing if I still had some fuel left in rome too... Sick
I'm tempted to try cutting of fuel convoys to africa again (I think it wasn't what caused the problem originally) but my, I'm not sure if it'll do any good really.

Gen.Schuermann
Posted: Tuesday, May 04, 2010 12:39:34 AM
 Generalfeldmarschall

Try meddling a bit with the save, i.e. moving stockpiles around, etc., see if it helps you in anyway.

Anyway, good session, managed to save face in southern spain, nothing lost. I sunk a couple of those annoying subs, and i have been pretty active in the convoy hunting business. I managed to engage the Kriegsmarine with the Graf Zeppelin a few times, but never been able to deal a killing blow. It remains a nuisance, yet a manageable one.

I am somewhat surprised Germany didnt dow the SU swiftly after we started, i wonder if that was a mistake, in hindsight. we'll see, next session at the latest Smile

Traks
Posted: Tuesday, May 04, 2010 7:22:19 AM
 Centurion

I was surprised too, but probably Germany is waiting for 22nd of June Smile
We will see how it turns out, as Germans have quite formidable forces on border.
Forgiven
Posted: Tuesday, May 04, 2010 8:15:04 AM
 Pilus prior

I don't think save editing is necessary this time afterall, I still have oil flow and units rarely go out of fuel in europe as they can live off what gets converted, just seems like surplus gets shipped to africa, which only limits things like, say, strat redeploying...
...I'm not really sure where my current supply stockpile came from, but it'll carry me for a while (I tried to hunt down where my supplies are going on the supply map, but I rarely found any large amounts headed to berlin either, I have a feeling the supplies just went somewhere, lot into sahara, but couldn't be all of it, must have been some hidden stockpile somewhere (as yes, I got 'returned to stockpile' of 44k supplies at some point, and I don't think it was from annexing anyone...)

Traks
Posted: Tuesday, May 04, 2010 8:23:31 AM
 Centurion

I have a feeling that Italian sailors are setting out with supplies, going around Africa and then unloading supplies back in Rome.
On next day they repeat their venture.
After game I will play around with Italy in our savegames, I want to figure out what is going on.
Though existing supply map forces you to do many things manually.
Hytzon
Posted: Tuesday, May 04, 2010 9:38:38 AM
 Brigadier General

Gen.Schuermann wrote:
I am somewhat surprised Germany didnt dow the SU swiftly after we started, i wonder if that was a mistake, in hindsight. we'll see, next session at the latest Smile

What? A war between the liberators of Europe and the old school commies in the east is not desirable... One Tooth Grin
Besides a lot of German troops were on vacation in Spain and what not... The SU DOW on Norway came as a surprise, but swift action by the Wehrmacht secured Oslo and Narvik for the Germans. Smile

You can't say civilization don't advance - for in every war, they kill you in a new way.
Traks
Posted: Tuesday, May 04, 2010 9:57:31 AM
 Centurion

Honestly?
I wanted to DOW Sweden and you DOWed them week before I could deny you access through north. Mad
I did like Norway surrender though. And while they surrendered, they are in war with me, and in Allies.
But Allies are not at war with me. Crazy